Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple fact that it has been confirmed that a phone call was made to his girlfriend on the very night of the disappearance and the fact that her number could not be found on phone records dating back one year is enough to "connect" jersey with the case. A person walking with an under dressed baby would also raise suspicions of the homeless man.

What says Deb didn't call that number? Maybe she just met Dane, MW or any of the other 7 people that lived in that house and needed to speak w/ one of them that night. Just because that number hadn't been called before doesn't mean she didn't call it that night. MW had only had the number a couple months, maybe DB had called whoever she was trying to reach on MW's phone (maybe Dane?) at a different number before. The phone call in no way implicates Jersey, imo. If it was Jersey's phone, yes, I would say he was prob. involved but it wasn't his. There were too many people using MW's phone.

What exactly do they have on Jersey to tie him to Baby Lisa missing? He wasn't her caretaker who admitting to being drunk that night and who admitted to drinking 2 or 3 times a week.. He didn't go purchase a honking box of wine just 1/2 hour before full custodial care for 3 children would be left upon him. He didn't leave the baby in the house for hours without going to check on her. Jersey didn't say he had no idea if he checked on her or not.

Nothing but RUMORS.

here, i'll answer your question. Jersey was seen in the neighborhood that day, the dumpster fire is in the same apartment complex as the fire to MW's car that MW thinks Jersey set, the man with the baby sighting close to the sprinkler house he was seen at earlier in the day, and most importantly, the call to his ex girlfriend. these things are why many people are not moving on from Jersey. i think that is fair. there is not enough evidence to say anyone did it. but these things are what make some posters suspicious of Jersey.

Right, same as the things I listed for DB. There is no more on him than there is on DB. As I said, at this point it's just who you believe. I don't know who did this. Could be DB, JI, Jersey, MW, Dane, SB, her husband, heck it could be someone none of us have heard about at all. There is nothing to link Jersey any more than DB, imo.

LE also stated they had moved on from Jersey and he wasn't a suspect. I think they said the same thing about Dane.

they have not used Dane's name ever, to my knowledge. they have talked of a "mystery man" that many people believe to be Dane. they have said that he is not a suspect, but they would like to talk to him.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...h-new-witness-in-baby-lisa-mystery-phone-case

they have said that they have moved on from Jersey, but they have also said they haven't cleared anyone. they have not named anyone as a suspect.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691...-paid-300-for-kidnapping?clienttype=printable

Kansas City police say they have interviewed Tanko about Lisa's disappearance but said they have "moved on" from him. They have not cleared him or anyone as a suspect in the disappearance of the baby in case new evidence warrants a review.

not arguing, just trying to get the exact wording out there. :)

Right, same as the things I listed for DB. There is no more on him than there is on DB. As I said, at this point it's just who you believe. I don't know who did this. Could be DB, JI, Jersey, MW, Dane, SB, her husband, heck it could be someone none of us have heard about at all. There is nothing to link Jersey any more than DB, imo.

Except DB admitting to being "blacked out". Totally NOT remembering much of the evening. She has to be the prime person of interest because of her own activity of the evening. She could have done a lot of things in her blackout period, i.e. sell the baby, kill the baby, dump the baby. A thousand different things. She didn't want to go in the back yard at all.

She won't sit down in a separate interview IMHO because she knows she'll be asked the "hard" questions that only she can probably provide real answers to. Yeah she's in this eyeball to bunhole. MOO

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/11/exclusive-irwin-family-attorney-john-picerno-talks-to-fox-4s-john-holt/

Q: She's not been charged, he's not been charged. The perception out there is: Why lawyer up? Why do you need a lawyer if you haven't been charged and are supposedly cooperating?

JP: Sure. I have this discussion all the time with my father, and with other people. It's a common question, and I think it's a good question. Generally speaking, someone who is going to be interrogated by the police should have a lawyer to give them advice on what their rights are, when they can refuse to answer questions and when they should answer questions. In this case, JI and DB subjected themselves to 5 different interviews/interrogations. Two without attorneys, where they agreed to waive their Miranda rights, or at least Debbie did, and speak to LE on their own, the first time was 8 hours for JI and 11 hours for DB, they did so. And then they went back a second time, and they did so again without a lawyer. It wasn't until the third time that a family member who is also a law student suggested to them "hey, next time you talk to the police, it would be a good idea to have a lawyer go with you."

Q: I want to talk about that third interview, because I think there are some interesting developments there and how the case perhaps turned. But, again, public perception. You've said that the family is cooperating, the public perception is you know what? If it's my baby, I'll talk to the police any time, any day, 24/7. You're not allowing them to talk to police right now. Why?

JP: Well, first of all, I don't think an attorney can allow or not allow somebody to do anything. What our role is is to give them advice about what is in their best interest. My advice is not to talk- so is Joe's, I mean, our advice is for them not to talk because there is nothing beneficial to be gained from it. Like I said, 30 hours of interviews. Everything that they have wanted to get, by way of information, they already have. And it's the tone and the nature of the interviews. They have turned into interrogations, and they have been in the accusatory fashion. That is really why we have advised our clients that no further interrogation is advisable to them. As far as the questions they want answered - they obviously love their child and want their child to be returned to them, they want to help the police. Joe and I are free any time. Any questions that any LE official has, they should send it our way, we will get an answer for them.

Q: Do you forsee a time when they might sit down with police again?

JP: It's possible. Yes, I wouldn't rule anything out.

Q: Let's talk about the Oct.8th interview, because I think you've explained that was where the tone changed. Sean O'brien, a local attorney went with them. What happened there? Were they told at that point that they were suspects?

JP: Well I don't know necassarily that they've ever been told that they were suspects, and the accusations, it is my understanding, specifically from KCPD detectives, began in the first interrogation of DB, hours after in began. But, what specifically happened in that third interrogation that Mr.Obrien attended, was that, they went down there with the understanding that they were going to see some new evidence, some new leads that might help them find their child. And what happened was, they were shown photographs from the home, and they were shown photographs of the window specifically, and they were told that basically- no one went in through the window, that it couldn't have happened the way that Debbie in particular had said that it happened. They didn't buy that there was a person that entered the home. It began down the path of "we know that you are a good mom, it may have been an accident, or the boys may have been too rough with the child, but now is the time and you need to tell us now." and it got quite heated. It is my understanding at that point, Debbie just lost it and broke down because she was expecting to hear some good, positive news and instead they are back to the same thing that ended the other interrogations, in that they were accusing her.

Q: Your view is that they were lured down there under false pretenses?

JP: Absolutely.

Q: And then, the accusation-

JP: Exactly.

Q: We know you did something, something happened.

JP: Exactly.

Q: Was that the last time they talked to police?

JP: No, there were two other occasions that they then cooperated, I think they went down there a fourth and fifth time, for very short amounts of time, to give prints -fingerprints, one time and then one additional time.

HTH :)

So, twice to give compulsory evidence, and three other times - which would be, Deborah by herself, Jeremy by himself - and the two of them together the morning of the disappearance?

39 is not a lot of hours when you compare them to the 1,176 hours Lisa has been missing.

Thye both have sat with LE for 30+ hours; if LE couldn't get what they needed and got to a point of 'you killed your baby' and showed burnt clothes., then there is no more to be done. We didn't see them running for their lives out of the police station as we did with josh powell. LE can contact the lawyers and arrange for interviews, they just have not done that. The lawyers made a distinction between asking questions and 'grilling them'. I think that JI/DB did the right thing by getting representation. If there were tangible evidence of their guilt, they would have been brought down to the station for questioning. Remember, they went voluntarily. Even in the very beginning, in that '48 hour window', they went and spoke with police, they were not being untruthful; they were cooperating with LE and, as has been said, LE has not disputed their cooperation. IF they were guilty, would they have spent 30+ hours speaking with LE?
"The actions of parents and of law enforcement in the first 48 hours are critical to the safe recovery of a missing child, but the rawness of emotion can seriously
hinder the ability of parents to make rational decisions at this crucial time."

"It is important to note that there is no right or wrong way to respond to the disappearance of a child, nor is there a right or wrong way to feel."

"Finally, as hard as it may seem, try to remain hopeful. Remember that hope is more than a wish, helping you to clear this hurdle. Hope is essential to your survival."

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/pub...s/fam_surv.pdf

John Walsh on LDT's, 'people fail them because of stress but sociopaths and psychopaths pass them because they are completely calm and have no emotion.' [paraphrased]
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45074429#45074429
The parents did not sit down for 30 hours to be interviewed by LE/FBI. They were interviewed for 11 hours. There last interview with LE was, I believe Oct 6 or 8, they had other counsel with them. By reading this person's account of the interview, it didn't seem "cruel" either. You are quoting the defense team spin and with each day, the amount of time they were interviewed grows. :floorlaugh:. According to LE, the parents are not answering the questions they need answered.

they have not used Dane's name ever, to my knowledge. they have talked of a "mystery man" that many people believe to be Dane. they have said that he is not a suspect, but they would like to talk to him.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...h-new-witness-in-baby-lisa-mystery-phone-case

they have said that they have moved on from Jersey, but they have also said they haven't cleared anyone. they have not named anyone as a suspect.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691...-paid-300-for-kidnapping?clienttype=printable

not arguing, just trying to get the exact wording out there. :)

The Kansas City Police Department insists that while they are looking into the tip, it just one among more than 1,000 other tips. Police say that while they would like to speak to Dane, his significance is "minimal" and he is not a person of interest.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-family-moving-back-home/story?id=14955776

I don't understand. You're saying there were multiple "interviews", at multiple locations. Are there links to this info? I do know there was the interview where Db claimed she was called white trash. And that is why she refuses to do any more. There were several more than that?

I have to be on my way or I would help w/ these links. You can look through my posts on my page if you want. (May be easier to google, though lol). I know I have posted a couple in regards to interviews, just don't know where or when. Sorry, if you want to wait for awhile... I will help then. I gotta get though for now.:seeya:

$300 Baby Lisa kidnap rumor denied by teen who supposedly implicated handyman in disappearance

A teen located by the NBC Action News Investigators denies ever saying a neighborhood handyman "bragged" about a $300 payday for kidnapping Baby Lisa Irwin

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance

or try this one

https://www.facebook.com/KSHBRussPtacek

Actually, there is... The simple fact that it was a man seen in the exact neighborhood carrying a baby that fits the timeline...not a woman

$300 Baby Lisa kidnap rumor denied by teen who supposedly implicated handyman in disappearance

A teen located by the NBC Action News Investigators denies ever saying a neighborhood handyman "bragged" about a $300 payday for kidnapping Baby Lisa Irwin

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance

or try this one

https://www.facebook.com/KSHBRussPtacek
Surprise, Surprise. :innocent: I just posted this in the MSM thread. Silly defense attorneys. :floorlaugh:

The parents did not sit down for 30 hours to be interviewed by LE/FBI. They were interviewed for 11 hours. There last interview with LE was, I believe Oct 6 or 8, they had other counsel with them. By reading this person's account of the interview, it didn't seem "cruel" either. You are quoting the defense team spin and with each day, the amount of time they were interviewed grows. :floorlaugh:. According to LE, the parents are not answering the questions they need answered.
Geez,you'd think the lawyers were billing for these hours the way they keep getting inflated
I wonder if LE is asking questions through the lawyers and the lawyers are including the hours it takes them to come up with their spin? :waitasec:

NBC Action News Teen: "I haven't seen Jersey since a couple weeks before all this happened." Jersey is the person the teen supposedly claimed bragged about the $300 kidnap for hire.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...or-handyman-bragged-about-300-Baby-Lisa-theft

wha?

Russ Ptacek
‎NBC Action News We've posted the skeleton for what will detail our update on teen denying he ever implicated handyman in $300 rumor.

Surprise, Surprise. :innocent: I just posted this in the MSM thread. Silly defense attorneys. :floorlaugh:

Tthe defense attorney's here are simply throwing anythng against the wall to see what sticks. They must be getting a bit desperate.

Actually, there is... The simple fact that it was a man seen in the exact neighborhood carrying a baby that fits the timeline...not a woman

But that doesn't exonerate DB. That could have been someone helping her ,like her brother or Jersey.
I think the 6 year old's bad dream wasn't a dream at all.I think DB told him he was just dreaming.JMO

Sure, by text message. That could have been anyone. Dane agreed to meet with NBC NEWS at 7 and then sent a text saying that LE told him not to say anything. This still does not mean that he did not tell the young girl the 300 dollar Jersey story, just that he is denying it.

I agree it would be good for them to sit down and talk to LE again, however it is Ridiculous to ask DB and JI to do so without an attorney present. What should it matter to LE if DB and JI have people there watching out and listening in for them?
LE has never asked them to sit down without an attorney present. The defense put that false statement out to the media. They have asked for them to answer questions, with counsel, separately. Very common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member