Is Casey the real Zenaida?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By no means am I discounting any person's work. It just blows my mind that if these records were subpoenaed, they were not released yet.

snipped by me

Is there some legal time limit in the FL laws that require a time limit on when evidence is to be turned over to the defense & anyone that requests it? Seems to me there have been numerous things we have been waiting for and I would assume those things are being kept close to the vest. Many of the crime scene photos have not been released, like pics of the toys and other items found nearby. There certainly seems to be a spacing of document dumps, and I am sure those things didn't all come in at the exact same time as they have various dates on them. Just curious if there is some time limit to turn items over.

I thought the connection was also made on Dec 11th when Caylee's remains were found and with her remains were "toy horses" that were part of a Dora the Explorer toy set.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong..? :waitasec:

That I don't recall (Dec 11th) but I could be wrong. My understanding is it was opened on June 16th and last accessed October 14th (? whatever date of the GJ indictment and Casey's last arrest.)

Stupid question 101 -- I just found my ip (it was under the refrigerator) and traced my ip, and it leads to Atlanta, GA. I'm not in Atlanta, GA. I'm about 120 miles away. I've always been confused about exactly *what* an ip can tell you. What can it tell you?

Blaise

An IP can tell you a lot!! Done right it can identify your home, just like your mailing address.

An ISP has a bunch of IP addresses known as NetBlks and will break them down, so your neighborhood will be assigned a specific range of IP addresses, known as a 'subnet'.

Most Internet users don't have a fixed IP address per se, they are assigned one dynamically but usually you get the same address over and over.

Either way, whether your dynamic IP address changed recently or not the ISP can tell what periods which IP was assigned to you.

The ISP identifies you by your equipment at your house connecting to the Internet, so you will have a router or modem (dial-up, DSL, cable, etc) that connects. The device has a hardware address known as a MAC address that identifies the device and is unique.

So ...... when you connect to the Internet an IP address is assigned to your device (MAC address) and a log is kept of all assigned IP addresses, so an ISP can bill you and know its you.

Everything is based on that IP address that comes from/to your home so, like a mailing address, someone can identify where you came from and what you did --- like accessing the WS Forum. Even though you sign in and use a password other info is available such as your IP address to log.

So .... we can tell which IP logged in when the MySpace page was created for Zenaida and thus where it was done from -- if those logs are retained this long.

Hope this helps.

I do have such a good life and many things to be thankful for ~ but wouldn't cracking this be one of the neatest Christmas gifts ever?

ETA: We'd all have to send Valhall a bottle of champagne. Can you imagine how many she'd get? I love it!!!!

I do have such a good life and many things to be thankful for ~ but wouldn't cracking this be one of the neatest Christmas gifts ever?

ETA: We'd all have to send Valhall a bottle of champagne. Can you imagine how many she'd get? I love it!!!!

While you're very sweet, I have to point out I would just have to send them all back to you guys for what you've done here as well, so buy yourself one and we'll just set up a ventrillo server and have a party online!

As I've said before, if this is nothing and I've wasted a lot of good people's time with it for nearly a year, I'm going to feel real bad. If it is Casey, there's nothing I've done but shared something I found suspicious - from there it was everbody.

And, yes, I'm not sure I have received a Christmas gift as awesome as that would be since I've been an adult.

I would like to ask you guys what your opinion is on the the 19th activity. I tend to believe it was a hacker and that the "i love alex" was a calling card to let their friends know they were the one who broke the account. I'm having a hard time believing even Cindy or Lee would be stupid enough to do this. They've got to know LE could quickly discern it was them. And besides that, I would assume all information needed by LE has been obtained by now, so it makes no difference (not even in the public eye) if some one goes in and defaces the account.

The only other explanation is if the myspace information was turned over to the defense team this week and they wanted to go into the account to see if there was information still residing in the account (such as mail, etc.) But they wouldn't leave a goofy little message on the mood like "i love alex" would they? That seems a ridiculous idea to me.

Isn't Lee's middle name "Alex"ander? Just something to think about? I don't know whether or not it is a hacker but I could see where someone close to Casey would have gotten access to the password and decided to tamper with it. Nothing any of her supporters do surprises me.

anybody got a screenie of "I love alex"? I dont see it anywhere on the page, was it changed after?

it's changed to profile 2.0 now. it wasnt when I saw it earlier?

I've been out of town, the first thing I did when I got home was check my e-mail and there sat the e-mail myspace had auto dispatched to me stating that zenaida had accepted my friend's request. My hands were literally shaking as I click through websleuths searching for the zenaida thread.. you guys were already all over it thank goodness!

Anyway, I don't know what to think about this. I guess I'm leaning towards someone hacking into the account. Although I'm surprised that only 9 or 10 people sent friend requests to this account.

What I'm worried about is LE not paying any attention to this. How likely is that? I know in my heart that KC created this account and I believe it's a very important piece of evidence, if not a smoking gun! And I can just see it being completely overlooked.

I've been out of town, the first thing I did when I got home was check my e-mail and there sat the e-mail myspace had auto dispatched to me stating that zenaida had accepted my friend's request. My hands were literally shaking as I click through websleuths searching for the zenaida thread.. you guys were already all over it thank goodness!

Anyway, I don't know what to think about this. I guess I'm leaning towards someone hacking into the account. Although I'm surprised that only 9 or 10 people sent friend requests to this account.

What I'm worried about is LE not paying any attention to this. How likely is that? I know in my heart that KC created this account and I believe it's a very important piece of evidence, if not a smoking gun! And I can just see it being completely overlooked.

Richards blog explained this all pretty well. I personally, do not think it was her. Just my opinion though,:)

I am not one to believe in or follow conspiracy theories (as R. Hornsby suggested this may be) but I do believe Casey set up this page. The original date and last logged in date (up until recently) could not have been faked, as was proven by others on this thread. Since someone other than the original owner seems to have taken control of the page recently, I am reminded of the BSOD, the bogus work e-mails, and LE's words about Lee when Lee was seeking immunity through his attorney: "Lee knows what he has done." Lee may have nothing to do with this but I wonder if he may have 'helped' Casey to cover her tracks after the fact. I am eager to learn more about the origin of this page as far as IP address of originator.

I am not one to believe in or follow conspiracy theories (as R. Hornsby suggested this may be) but I do believe Casey set up this page. The original date and last logged in date (up until recently) could not have been faked, as was proven by others on this thread. Since someone other than the original owner seems to have taken control of the page recently, I am reminded of the BSOD, the bogus work e-mails, and LE's words about Lee when Lee was seeking immunity through his attorney: "Lee knows what he has done." Lee may have nothing to do with this but I wonder if he may have 'helped' Casey to cover her tracks after the fact. I am eager to learn more about the origin of this page as far as IP address of originator.

And let's not forget the possible hackers. Did you resd RH's blog concerning this?

And let's not forget the possible hackers. Did you resd RH's blog concerning this?

I did. Since he referenced this thread in a negative way, I wonder if he read it through carefully and thoroughly. There has been a thorough analysis of the system code involved with the My Space page conducted by some very technically astute Web Sleuths that I find very compelling and credible.

I did. Since he referenced this thread in a negative way, I wonder if he read it through carefully and thoroughly. There has been a thorough analysis of the system code involved with the My Space page conducted by some very technically astute Web Sleuths that I find very compelling and credible.

I did not read it carefully and thoroughly. As a matter of fact I even said I got a headache trying to read it. I have given a mea culpa several times after getting chewed out by Valhalla.

But for those technically astute people who question my own web prowess. You should know I designed websites in college and law school (made my first site in 1995) and still maintain my own sites. So I am no dummy when it comes to this stuff (I just play one on TV).

With that said, Valhall's comments about people taking my opinion more seriously than others because of my position, etc. is what prompted me to re-examine this MySpace issue AND what prompted me to ask a reporter to make a public records request specifically for any information related to an investigation/discovery of the page.

With that said, it is undeniable that the page was made on 6/16; so I am now a believer.

Now I have read here and there that people don't understand why I am so concerned with when did people know about the Dora the Explorer/Caylee link.

The reason (as a criminal defense attorney who would try to debunk your theory) is that if the Dora link did not come out until long after the case had started, it is more likely that Casey set up the page, because who else would have known she was a Dora fan.

But if the Dora link was well known right away, I would argue that it is more likely that the page was hijacked and set up as a hoax. This is important because it addresses the motive for using Dora as a profile pic.

Now back to the importance of the subpoenas.

A person's IP address is much like a breadcrumb, you leave it wherever you go. So if LE subpoenaed both her local IP records and MySpace IP records for the same IP address AND cross-referenced them, they would need to show she visited the MySpace site on the same time and date as the creation of the page AND showed she was not logged into her personal account during that visitation time. You do that and I am a complete convert. But for now, the encase data is only half the equation.

p.s. The FBI has no superior subpoena power to OCSO when it comes to internet records - that is why I maintain some skepticism.

p.s.s. I <3 Valhalla and Blink :blushing:

I did not read it carefully and thoroughly. As a matter of fact I even said I got a headache trying to read it. I have given a mea culpa several times after getting chewed out by Valhalla.

But for those technically astute people who question my own web prowess. You should know I designed websites in college and law school (made my first site in 1995) and still maintain my own sites. So I am no dummy when it comes to this stuff (I just play one on TV).

With that said, Valhall's comments about people taking my opinion more seriously than others because of my position, etc. is what prompted me to re-examine this MySpace issue AND what prompted me to ask a reporter to make a public records request specifically for any information related to an investigation/discovery of the page.

With that said, it is undeniable that the page was made on 6/16; so I am now a believer.

Now I have read here and there that people don't understand why I am so concerned with when did people know about the Dora the Explorer/Caylee link.

The reason (as a criminal defense attorney who would try to debunk your theory) is that if the Dora link did not come out until long after the case had started, it is more likely that Casey set up the page, because who else would have known she was a Dora fan.

But if the Dora link was well known right away, I would argue that it is more likely that the page was hijacked and set up as a hoax. This is important because it addresses the motive for using Dora as a profile pic.

Now back to the importance of the subpoenas.

A person's IP address is much like a breadcrumb, you leave it wherever you go. So if LE subpoenaed both her local IP records and MySpace IP records for the same IP address AND cross-referenced them, they would need to show she visited the MySpace site on the same time and date as the creation of the page AND showed she was not logged into her personal account during that visitation time. You do that and I am a complete convert. But for now, the encase data is only half the equation.

p.s. The FBI has no superior subpoena power to OCSO when it comes to internet records - that is why I maintain some skepticism.

And I <3 R.Hornsby :blowkiss:

Thank you for keeping an open mind.

The reason (as a criminal defense attorney who would try to debunk your theory) is that if the Dora link did not come out until long after the case had started, it is more likely that Casey set up the page. But if the Dora link was well known right away, I would argue that it is more likely that the page was hijacked and set up as a hoax. This is important because it addresses the motive for using Dora as a profile pic.

Now back to the importance of the subpoenas. A person's IP address is much like a breadcrumb, you leave it wherever you go. So if LE subpoenaed both her local IP records MySpace IP records for the same IP address AND cross-referenced them, they would need to show she visited the MySpace site on the same time and date as the creation of the page AND showed she was not logged into her personal account during that visitation time. You do that and I am a complete convert. But for now, the encase data is only half the equation.

BBM-AZLawyer and Cecy are not chopped liver, either! (sorry, had to give my shout outs)...

I still have to wonder why JWG/Valhall's source shut us down on this one (well, not the source, but LE from whom the source did their sourcing)-If no information comes out of the records request, I then have to go back to whether or not they ever really looked into this. But why wouldn't they? They looked into everything else, even things that seemed fruitless from the start. I just found it odd that Valhall had to ask twice, because it seemed they kind of did not give it much attention when Valhall first tipped them off.
Then they abruptly said it was no dice. If this has been investigated, surely there are communications with MySpace, a written narrative from LE, a physical address for the IP that originally created this space, etc.
If we get a dubious or no answer on this one, then I have to go back and wonder again about the driver's license, as well.

ETA-In addition to knowing about Dora, whoever created this knew about the Miami connection/ZFG's age as well. Otherwise, it would be assumed that ZFG lived in Orlando, as KC stated (until the jail visits when she starts with the Miami, NJ, NY shiznit)

BBM-AZLawyer and Cecy are not chopped liver, either! (sorry, had to give my shout outs)...

I still have to wonder why JWG/Valhall's source shut us down on this one (well, not the source, but LE from whom the source did their sourcing)-If no information comes out of the records request, I then have to go back to whether or not they ever really looked into this. But why wouldn't they? They looked into everything else, even things that seemed fruitless from the start. I just found it odd that Valhall had to ask twice, because it seemed they kind of did not give it much attention when Valhall first tipped them off.
Then they abruptly said it was no dice. If this has been investigated, surely there are communications with MySpace, a written narrative from LE, a physical address for the IP that originally created this space, etc.
If we get a dubious or no answer on this one, then I have to go back and wonder again about the driver's license, as well.

ETA-In addition to knowing about Dora, whoever created this knew about the Miami connection/ZFG's age as well. Otherwise, it would be assumed that ZFG lived in Orlando, as KC stated (until the jail visits when she starts with the Miami, NJ, NY shiznit)

Since this case is essentially an on-going investigation, I don't think we would know whether LE checked into this or not. But I do believe they have. JMO.

Per RHornsby
"A person's IP address is much like a breadcrumb, you leave it wherever you go. So if LE subpoenaed both her local IP records and MySpace IP records for the same IP address AND cross-referenced them, they would need to show she visited the MySpace site on the same time and date as the creation of the page AND showed she was not logged into her personal account during that visitation time. You do that and I am a complete convert. But for now, the encase data is only half the equation."

I for one do not believe just because the IP is not KC's, still doesn't mean, this could not have been set up by her.
What if the IP address is for someone she knows and who's computer she had access to for example? TL, RM anyone are all up for grabs to me. The email address and password associated with the original log on would be important I would think as well.

Aug 25th 2008, 400 pages of documents release by osco, is I believe the earliest source of reference to the Dora the Explorer backpack per an article by Cindy Adams, and a few others that I found just doing a google search.
No time to look thru the 400 pages, but I don't have any reason to doubt this as this sounds about right to be that early of a doc dump.
Now when was it the earliest the myspace page was discovered I can't remember but about that time I think. Could be coincidence, could be hijacking, but only checking for KC's IP to match would be a mistake IMO.

Per RHornsby
"A person's IP address is much like a breadcrumb, you leave it wherever you go. So if LE subpoenaed both her local IP records and MySpace IP records for the same IP address AND cross-referenced them, they would need to show she visited the MySpace site on the same time and date as the creation of the page AND showed she was not logged into her personal account during that visitation time. You do that and I am a complete convert. But for now, the encase data is only half the equation."

I for one do not believe just because the IP is not KC's, still doesn't mean, this could not have been set up by her.
What if the IP address is for someone she knows and who's computer she had access to for example? TL, RM anyone are all up for grabs to me. The email address and password associated with the original log on would be important I would think as well.

Aug 25th 2008, 400 pages of documents release by osco, is I believe the earliest source of reference to the Dora the Explorer backpack per an article by Cindy Adams, and a few others that I found just doing a google search.
No time to look thru the 400 pages, but I don't have any reason to doubt this as this sounds about right to be that early of a doc dump.
Now when was it the earliest the myspace page was discovered I can't remember but about that time I think. Could be coincidence, could be hijacking, but only checking for KC's IP to match would be a mistake IMO.

I would agree, but IIRC Valhalla's research put Casey at her parents home on the night the page was created. And the IP is assigned by the internet provider you use - not email account (although that information can oobviously help as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV