Is Casey the real Zenaida?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Val, this came out of the computer forensic zip file from 9 / 2008. Media never uploaded it. OCSO released it in HTML format but I converted to PDF. Here is a copy:

View attachment 5938

Wow! Thanks, JWG. I've never read that!

"between caylee, getting ready for UCF this fall, getting my personal training
certification, working, and a few hours a week with the new boyfriend, ****, and
house-hunting, i don't sleep"...... oh the web we weave!
:waitasec:

GOOD POINT! See, that's where she's different than me. If I got caught creating a cover up for something bad, I'd wet down both legs, puke and be as transparent as glass. Apparently KC is of the fabric it's just a new unexpected challenge worthy of whipping out her "fibbilator". So you're probably right, she would have just let that one fly without changing her breathing.

I always remember her walk down the hallway at Universal with LE.I bet if she had seen an empty office she would have walked in and told Yuri "here it is!".
She lies easily.

certification, working, and a few hours a week with the new boyfriend, ****, and

Noting the absence of "Event Planning at Universal" instead of just working. I think the only truthful statement in there was "I don't sleep".

Just found this interesting:

WitePlayboi (8:01:33 AM): so what r u up 2
casey o marie (8:02:02 AM): not a whole lot. checking up on all the myspace/facebook hoopla

What a great sleuther you are. These postings to me read like a skit. Any how kc still is getting her house and Amy is moving in. The time frame has just shifted a bit. I also had so giggle with her saying this is her first boyfriend in over a year. Poor sweet Caylee, if only her mother was as ambitious as she tried to portray herself to be we would not be reading about her crazy life and Caylee would still be alive. Back on the subject of kc & zanny. I have been trying to tag old threads and on one of them someone posted that there was a zenaida Gonzalez/Jacksonville, fl search and a zenaida Fernandez/25 search. I may have the last names reversed but have these searches been confirmed? I have not been able to find confirmation. Thanks in advance.

So the listed location is simply self-populated? If I created a page and I lived in Orlando, but I put the city of origin as San Diego, it would say San Diego, but the time-stamp would be EST, correct?

If that is correct, then the creation time would certainly point to Orlando and in the absence of other info; I'd like to assume that the time stamp of EST suffices. Should that pan out to be true, and this is definitely KC, based on actual IP address if that is available, it would seem the best part of this evidence now is how EARLY this was created on the 16th. If indeed a fight occurred the evening before (it's hard for me to think that KC couldn't just have abandoned Caylee and disappeared and stayed at Tony's by herself if he told her that a toddler was not appropriate or welcome - so I tend to go with some kind of argument that would have left her feeling cornered and "spiteful") - then KC was up that early in the morning hatching her plan.

It strikes me as odd that both CA and GA reversed their earlier stance that they knew that KC was in her bedroom early in the morning of the 16th. It makes me wonder where she was and what she was up to. On the computer??

At any rate, it makes the premeditated aspect of this case stand out in high relief.
It tells me they sensed the need to cover for that time frame. They have info that we have yet to receive (obviously).

What a great sleuther you are. These postings to me read like a skit. Any how kc still is getting her house and Amy is moving in. The time frame has just shifted a bit. I also had so giggle with her saying this is her first boyfriend in over a year. Poor sweet Caylee, if only her mother was as ambitious as she tried to portray herself to be we would not be reading about her crazy life and Caylee would still be alive. Back on the subject of kc & zanny. I have been trying to tag old threads and on one of them someone posted that there was a zenaida Gonzalez/Jacksonville, fl search and a zenaida Fernandez/25 search. I may have the last names reversed but have these searches been confirmed? I have not been able to find confirmation. Thanks in advance.

The searches were done (probably by Lee, based on his testimony) after Cindy picked up Casey and Casey "confessed" the kidnapping.

certification,
working, and a few hours a week with the new boyfriend, ****, and

First time I have heard that??? Where in the heck did that come from?

Ok...wait...I get it. THAT'S why she spent so much time on stage at Fusion Lounge?

I finally finished the thread. You guys aren't kidding about the rollercoaster ride! :) I almost updated my last post with "ETA: nevermind," but it is interesting that the zenaida MS might not be a wild goose chase after all.

Thanks, Valhall, for the time zone info! Looking back, it does make sense that it's in the observer's timezone. I guess that explains why the timestamps on the cached versions of the pages were always 4 hours later than mine: they were just from google's servers' perspective. Also, I want to believe that the signup time can be narrowed down by the later signups' first post times, but part of me wonders whether that's really valid. Hmm. Like others have said, there is something comical about how LE can just call up MS and get the IP and signup info, in comparison to what's gone on in this 70 page thread :)

A few other thoughts:

What if the page, with its IP supposedly being from southern Florida, actually indicates that there is a real, non-KC Zenaida from Miami, who planned to kidnap Caylee on the 16th and set up the page while KC was comfortably at home surfing the web, and then she or KC last checked (updated?) the account on Oct. 14th to see if either had left messages while KC was out of Jail. (Just playing devil's advocate. :p In fact, maybe someone else proposed this before... long thread, man.)

Maybe this belongs in the computer forensics thread, but I remember that there was some question about the deal with Safari being installed on one of the computers. If I'm not mistaken, Safari for the PC was the first browser with a "stealth" mode, where you go into that mode to surf, and it automagically deletes (and/or minimally stores?) cache, history, cookies, logins, etc. when you leave that mode. It's only recently that Firefox et al added this feature. I haven't checked the details about this, though.

I think KC may have actually been somewhat knowledgeable about tech/computer stuff. I remember a jail phonecall she had w/ LA, where he's trying to tell her something about cell phones and SIM cards, and he says "KC, look, here's how this works..." and she replies and basically corrects him with accurate, seemingly tech-y information. (Like how you can save different things to the SIM card and to the phone, switch the SIM etc.)

In terms of the blue screen, I might be mistaken, but I don't think it's trivially possible to induce an actual blue screen of death... Just putting this out there.

Ok, that's all for now. Keep up the good work, guys. This thread may have been a rollercoaster, but it was definitely fun to read. :)

Just a question- when was the first comment left on the video portion of the myspace site? Was there a date visible and what was that date? Was it pre Oct 14? I just wonder if the person who created the page saw that comment and realized it would be found out.

I found the date
Monday Mar 2, 2009

BBM

Val, Acccording to CA's deposition, part 2, page 275, she says she left early on the morning of June 16th, about 1/2 hr. to 45 mins. earlier than usual.

Her time card is always 8 am., so if she usually leaves at 7:30am., she is saying she left before 7 am.

...making it reasonably certain in either case that the 7:45AM call from G&C's house phone to Casey's cell phone was placed by Casey (e.g. "WTH's my phone?")

Just found this interesting:

WitePlayboi (8:01:33 AM): so what r u up 2
casey o marie (8:02:02 AM): not a whole lot. checking up on all the myspace/facebook hoopla

Interesting, indeed. Casey found her phone. Must've just checked it to see if she'd missed anything from Tony...then hopped on to IM, etc.

In terms of the blue screen, I might be mistaken, but I don't think it's trivially possible to induce an actual blue screen of death... Just putting this out there.

respectfully snipped for brevity and relevance:

I would think reformatting the hard drive would do the trick, no?

It would depend on exactly what the blue screen error was. But deleting portions of the windows directory without reformatting would do it pretty easily. It's a sign that whoever had that computer simply attempted to "delete" everything on the hard drive, but didn't reformat it. A reformat would cause a black no boot device found message on startup. Blue screen means it attempted to boot normally but found system files missing or damaged.

It would depend on exactly what the blue screen error was. But deleting portions of the windows directory without reformatting would do it pretty easily. It's a sign that whoever had that computer simply attempted to "delete" everything on the hard drive, but didn't reformat it. A reformat would cause a black no boot device found message on startup. Blue screen means it attempted to boot normally but found system files missing or damaged.

Not sure if you can do that in XP like you could in the old DOS days.. and I'm not gonna try that one, LOL!! :)

What version of windows was she using? I'm going to assume xp?

ETA: there are simple instructions on youtube on how to get the blue screen of death

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXGXMfBN94"]YouTube - How to get blue screen of death[/ame]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzWRIOGPhVI&feature=related"]YouTube - How to crash Windows XP[/nomedia]

Can someone please refresh my memory who witeplayboi is?

TIA!!!

Not really, you need to do more than reformat the drive, you'd also need to rewrite new data on top a few times to ensure that it is not recoverable. A formatted drive's data can be recovered, the prior data of an over-written drive can be often recovered. Safest way is to physically destroy the drive.

To me, a blue screen might put off a casual user that the computer was broken/unusable but the applications and data are still fine and the system can be easily recovered. Even if severe damage is done to the Windows OS such that it needs re-install or the drive cannot be booted --- you can still access the drive from another system and recover a LOT!.

I am pretty confident I have determined when the zenaida Myspace page was created.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the range 389715668 to 389972021 represents all people who signed up for a myspace account on June 16, 2008. That's 256,353 people world-wide.

The zenaida page has ID 389838213, which is 122,545 after the first on June 16. It seems unreasonable to believe that the zenaida page would be created in the 12AM to 1AM window that someone was on the computer at the Anthony's. After all, can we believe that nearly half of those who signed up on June 16 did so before 1AM? Naw... :snooty:

It turns out that we can use "false starts" to nail down when the zenaida page was created. What is a "false start", you ask? :waitasec:

A false start occurs when a person signs up for Myspace, but never follows through on the email confirmation. :bang: It turns out Myspace goes ahead and creates the basic page when you first sign-up, not when you click on the email confirmation. I tested that this morning and, although I never confirmed, I could see the Myspace page by just using the ID number that was part of the confirmation link included in the email to me from Myspace.

Now, if one has a Myspace account and adds a false start as a favorite, one can see exactly when the profile was automatically created (last updated) by Myspace as a result of the sign-up. Things get a little flaky with Myspace in that the "last updated" field for a favorite is given in PST. :doh:

I noticed first that the ~250,000 new members on June 16, 2008 equates to just over 10,000 per hour. The first thing I did was look at the first few false starts in that ID range, then every 10,000th ID, to see if the sign-up rate was just over 10,000 an hour. The answer is yes. The rate drops down unsurprisingly in the early morning hours and rises in the late afternoon and evening, but the distribution across the day is fairly even. :)

The first false start sign-up of June 16 occurred at 9:00 PM PST on June 15. This is one of the first June 16 sign-ups overall. I was able to find pretty easily some number of false starts roughly every 10,000th sign up, including false starts very close to the zenaida ID, on either side. :dance:

Recall from posts 7 weeks or so ago that adding zenaida as a favorite showed us that the last profile update was made at 11:31 AM PST on June 16. Interestingly, there are a number of false starts on either side of the zenaida page. All of these false starts have a time stamp of 11:29 PST. :eek:

My conclusion is that KC signed up for the page at 2:29 PM EST (11:29 PST) and, after confirming the account, spent all of two minutes to upload a profile picture - Dora the Explorer. That last update is recorded at 11:31 PST.

Note that KC ends a call with Amy at 2:21 PM, and starts a call with Jesse at 2:53 PM, so creation of this Myspace page fits nicely within that window of time. :thumb:

ETA: The zenaida myspace ID is 389838213.

For completeness, here is a false start ID 68 sign-ups before zenaida: 389838145
And here is a false start ID 36 sign-ups after zenaida: 389838249

For those with a Myspace page, you can add them as a favorite and confirm that the last profile update for each was 11:29 AM (PST). There are a number of false starts in between that all show the same 11:29 AM time.

JWG......I am humbled to read your words. I am not worthy of posting in your near vicinity. The work you have done is nothing short of AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member