Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have it on good authority that this is NOT a cold,closed case.

I also agree with you. Although forums and discussion groups might not see it as an active case, LE is viewing it differently. I've said this many times and I'm not meaning for this to insult anyone here because I know that you all are smarter than that. But, cases like this are not like an episode of CSI where everything is solved in a 60 minute time period. Sometimes cases take years and are not cold. LE is still actively working on this case, so it is not cold.

I have it on good authority that this is NOT a cold,closed case.

We have no way of knowing if LE is still inching forward in their investigation. Hopefully they have not hit any walls and stalled out. I think cases where there are no body take much longer and are put together very, very carefully. The Pernice case took over a year for charges to be brought. There is a case in St. Louis where the wife has been missing for a year and they just now filed charges against the husband, absent a body there, too.

Just last week a local mom left her child in her car and went to work all day, she forgot to drop the baby off at daycare. Unfortunately the baby did not survive. LE knows what happened, it was an accident, they said it will take 8 weeks to complete their investigation. 8 weeks to complete the investigation and they know from the start what happened. Investigations take time, investigations with missing bodies take more time. I would be shocked to see any charges brought in the BL case before a year is up. :moo:

The thing is that when a case goes from national attention to zero attention, it's normal to assume that the investigation is not as active as it once was. I'm sure the local media will report on anything LE does that's in the open---searches, for example---and we haven't heard word on any of that stuff in a while. I'm sure there are still a few LE working on this case, behind a desk, having meetings, etc but I don't think the investigation is anywhere near what it was in October/November. We all know that real-life cases are not like CSI. But we also know from experience on WS that with most cases, if they aren't solved within the first month or so, they go unsolved. It's very unusual to come online and find out that a case that happened months or even years ago has been solved.

how possible could it be that something happened to Lisa months before she disappeared? and then either parent, out of grief still felt Lisa was with them...until the night of her Disappearance. Far fetched I know, may have already been talked about. But with the lack of evidence and or witnesses it kinda feels like Lisa wasnt even there to begin with.

Ive seen documentaries on things like that and other various shows, it sounds like it was written for tv, but there have been cases where people act in such manners

how possible could it be that something happened to Lisa months before she disappeared? and then either parent, out of grief still felt Lisa was with them...until the night of her Disappearance. Far fetched I know, may have already been talked about. But with the lack of evidence and or witnesses it kinda feels like Lisa wasnt even there to begin with.

Ive seen documentaries on things like that and other various shows, it sounds like it was written for tv, but there have been cases where people act in such manners

Don't think so, but glad you gave your point of view.

I don't know about this case anymore :(

It seems odd to me that it appears like nothing is going on. The parents don't seem to be getting her name and face out there. We are coming up on what? 8 months? They wanted things to die down, well, they have and Lisa is still out there somewhere....

I think LE is still looking for leads in the case, but i do feel like this case will end up being cold. May not be cold yet, but it is headed down that path, IMO.

ALL JMO :)

I don't think this case can move forward without Lisa's body. However, it's been eight months and if she is ever recovered, there won't be much evidence left. I think that if there's ever a conviction in this case, the prosecution will need to show evidence (not on Lisa) pointing towards someone, and Lisa's body will just be the confirmation that she is deceased. I am not hopeful at all that Lisa will ever have justice. :(

Does anyone still not think Lisa's case is a cold case? I can't believe the one-year anniversary will be here before we know it. I hope one of the media outlets does a sort of "By the Numbers" feature telling us how many people have been interviewed, how many tips, how many officers are still working on the case, how much has the investigation cost, etc.

I thought there were photos of Lisa the day before the disappearance. A birthday party or something.

I thought there were photos of Lisa the day before the disappearance. A birthday party or something.

You are right again, Donjeta.

"BABY LISA IRWIN AT BIRTHDAY PARTY
Lisa Irwin was all smiles on Sunday at her brother's eighth birthday party. Her father reported her missing at 4 a.m. Tuesday."

http://www.kctv5.com/slideshow?widgetid=37993

(Pics at link also.)

She looks more like 8 or 9 months old there to me, definitely not 30lbs!!

She doesn't look 10/11 months to me either...

I doubt Lisa was 30 lbs. How much did she weigh @ birth? On a side note, the only time I saw her smile was when she was about two/three months old.

I had a boy that was 32 lbs @ a yr. She is no where near 30 lbs. In the pic linked, she appears younger to me...but I am used to really big kids....lol.

I agree that Lisa was NOT 30 lbs in the pics the family released. I can't get over thinking the lie was intentional. She was 10 months old when she disappeared, she should have had a 9 month WCC, did that not happen, why not? If she did have a 9 month appt, what was her weight then? If she was in the 97th percentile she would have been 24-26 lbs. My guess based in the photos is 18-20 lbs.

Let's say Lisa was 26 lbs and hitting the 97th percentile at 10 months, yet they said she weighed 30 lbs. A 4 lb weight difference is GINORMOUS on a 10 month old!

What would they have to gain by giving misinformation about her weight? If the parents were responsible, how would they benefit? Leading people to believe they couldn't carry a 30lb dead weight child somewhere? To throw off sightings if they sold her? I really can't imagine it being an honest mistake. If you aren't sure wouldn't you just say what her weight was at her last weigh in?

FTR, my 4 y/o weighs 30 lbs.

I agree that Lisa was NOT 30 lbs in the pics the family released. I can't get over thinking the lie was intentional. She was 10 months old when she disappeared, she should have had a 9 month WCC, did that not happen, why not? If she did have a 9 month appt, what was her weight then? If she was in the 97th percentile she would have been 24-26 lbs. My guess based in the photos is 18-20 lbs.

Let's say Lisa was 26 lbs and hitting the 97th percentile at 10 months, yet they said she weighed 30 lbs. A 4 lb weight difference is GINORMOUS on a 10 month old!

What would they have to gain by giving misinformation about her weight? If the parents were responsible, how would they benefit? Leading people to believe they couldn't carry a 30lb dead weight child somewhere? To throw off sightings if they sold her? I really can't imagine it being an honest mistake. If you aren't sure wouldn't you just say what her weight was at her last weigh in?

FTR, my 4 y/o weighs 30 lbs.

BBM
I think that must be it, and it's similar to the claim that Deb didn't have a driver's licence /didn't drive at that time, yet she was spotted driving the next week in the neighborhood. Along the same vein, why release tiny infant pics and videos of her when older pics & videos were available? And why were 3 of those new videos of an older Lisa just released on July 26?

And why were 3 of those new videos of an older Lisa just released on July 26?

LE recently returned the computer?

(i have no idea how long electronics forensics takes... if it was shipped to an FBI lab out of town/state though, with backlog, the timing could make sense...)

This is off topic, so I won't say more about it, but I honestly think that the parents gave the weight at 30# because they didn't know how much Lisa weighed. I don't think they tried to mislead intentionally, but that they just didn't have a clue what she weighed. Parents who think it's okay to drink excessively while small children are present and who don't pay attention to safety recommendations for car seat guidelines for a little baby probably have no clue what their child weighed.

As far as the case ending up cold, I guess that is a subjective matter to many people. Some here already think that it is cold. I still maintain that this case will be solved. It just might take longer than some might expect or want.

I hope it doesn't end up a cold case, but I can't help but think that is where it's headed. Look how dead our forum is, we care about her so much yet there is so very little information to discuss. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back