Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IrishMist said:
Rainsong, I'm curious... what is your theory on what happened that night?

If you've already posted it, could you direct me to it?
How dorky is THAT? To quote yourself... :loser:

But, I was afraid my post go lost in the shuffle, and I am curious about your theory, Rainsong...

Rainsong said:
Digestive rates vary widely both among people as a whole and in individual persons. Assuming the fecal matter is cracked crab, without ever knowing if JonBenet ate any cracked crab is stretching for the answer one wants. The fecal matter found in the large intestine could very well be the pancake breakfast from earllier in the day.

Rainsong
Actually, I think your belief it could be pancakes is "stretching for the answer one wants". You have an active child here not someone in a PVS. Couple that with it was Christmas Day and all the excitement that entails. Add to that there was never any mention of lunch on that day, and there was mention that PW saved a plate of crab for JB and JB was known to like seafood. Quit being obtuse!

As I recall, LHP said the kids were quite capable of making their own sandwiches etc. Patsy didn't make them a sit down lunch but I find it hard to believe they went with no food from breakfast til they got to the Whites. The excitement of the day coupled with what was probably a less than stellar diet over the holidays could easily throw off digestion rates.

What makes you think she actually ate that plate of crab?

Moab said:
Actually, I think your belief it could be pancakes is "stretching for the answer one wants". You have an active child here not someone in a PVS. Couple that with it was Christmas Day and all the excitement that entails. Add to that there was never any mention of lunch on that day, and there was mention that PW saved a plate of crab for JB and JB was known to like seafood. Quit being obtuse!

I have no belief the fecal matter is the pancake breakfast--but the possibility exists. We could get into a discussion of the variability of bowel movements and the frequency of recognition of various food elements found in toilet bowls and the knowledge of when said food elements were last ingested...

Might be a bit smelly, though.

Rainsong

tipper said:
As I recall, LHP said the kids were quite capable of making their own sandwiches etc. Patsy didn't make them a sit down lunch but I find it hard to believe they went with no food from breakfast til they got to the Whites. The excitement of the day coupled with what was probably a less than stellar diet over the holidays could easily throw off digestion rates.

What makes you think she actually ate that plate of crab?
Just as you can't believe the kids went all day with no food, I don't believe the kids went all evening without food of some kind. The excitement and activity of the day would increase digestion, not decrease it.

From PR '98 interview...

TOM HANEY: Is there some way to account for the pineapple in her body?
PATSY RAMSEY: Not to my knowledge, unless she -- you know, I can't remember what was served over at the White's. Does anybody know? Except there was crab. I remember crab.
TOM HANEY: That seems to be the only thing you recall that she ate.
PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.

TRIP DEMUTH: But you don't remember any other servings between the pancakes and the cracked crab?
PATSY RAMSEY: No.
TRIP DEMUTH: What about before breakfast, did you have any -- I don't know if you all had snacks while you are opening presents.
PATSY RAMSEY: No. We had coffee, and the kids don't care about eating. They just want to dig in.
TRIP DEMUTH: That would be my experience as well. So there was no pineapple served before breakfast?
PATSY RAMSEY: No.

Moab said:
Just as you can't believe the kids went all day with no food, I don't believe the kids went all evening without food of some kind. The excitement and activity of the day would increase digestion, not decrease it.
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/physiol.htm

…

The Sympathetic Nervous System helps prepare the body for "fight or flight" and create conditions in the tissues for physical activity. It is stimulated by strong emotions such as anger and excitement and will therefore speed up heart rate, increase the activity of sweat glands, adrenal glands, and decrease those of the digestive system.

Rainsong said:
I have no belief the fecal matter is the pancake breakfast--but the possibility exists.

Rainsong
That possibility is so remote it is nil. The kids got up at 6:30am, and even if we stretch the time to think she didn't eat breakfast until 10am, and she got home at 10pm and we don't know when she died...well that pancake was long gone RS.

Besides, the Ramseys never said anywhere that either of their kids ate anything at all that day with the exception of Burke eating "a bite" of breakfast. They give a very loose timeline of when they got up, mentioned what was made for breakfast, said PW saved a plate of crab, and denied any knowledge of the pineapple. The reason nobody knows when JonBenet ate what is because the Ramseys never would tell anyone any time she ate anything for sure all morning, afternoon, and night! Since JonBenet was murdered, and they are supposedly all into finding the killer, one would think they would have known a few more facts since it is important to tie up the details. You gotta wonder what that is?

Rainsong said:
I do believe experts in stun gun marks have already spoken on same.

Rainsong
This is a non-answer. A simple yes or no would suffice.

I'll repeat, you demand scientific proof of the pineapple - do you apply the same standards to the "stungun" marks?

tipper said:
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/physiol.htm

…

The Sympathetic Nervous System helps prepare the body for "fight or flight" and create conditions in the tissues for physical activity. It is stimulated by strong emotions such as anger and excitement and will therefore speed up heart rate, increase the activity of sweat glands, adrenal glands, and decrease those of the digestive system.

Thanks for the info, so are you thinking the pineapple was from the 24th? What parents wouldn't feed their child on Christmas? I'm amazed!

In my experience, kids would overdose on stocking sweeties and selection boxes on Christmas Day if we allowed them too. I know they get over excited and don't eat much at mealtimes but I've only ever known one of my children not to eat at all if they were ill.

azwriter said:
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one here at Websleuths but how can Patsy be suffering from ovarian cancer when she had her ovaries removed in her first battle with cancer?

Well, you can get breast cancer recurrences after mastectomies -- my grandma did. In fact when she died the cancer was in her bones and the breast cancer had been a full 15 years earlier, but her death certificate still said "breast cancer." It has to do with the type of cancer cell it is, not necessarily where it settles. I believe the cells often return to the same general area and then spread. I may not be correct, however.

Eve

Moab said:
That possibility is so remote it is nil. The kids got up at 6:30am, and even if we stretch the time to think she didn't eat breakfast until 10am, and she got home at 10pm and we don't know when she died...well that pancake was long gone RS.

Besides, the Ramseys never said anywhere that either of their kids ate anything at all that day with the exception of Burke eating "a bite" of breakfast. They give a very loose timeline of when they got up, mentioned what was made for breakfast, said PW saved a plate of crab, and denied any knowledge of the pineapple. The reason nobody knows when JonBenet ate what is because the Ramseys never would tell anyone any time she ate anything for sure all morning, afternoon, and night! Since JonBenet was murdered, and they are supposedly all into finding the killer, one would think they would have known a few more facts since it is important to tie up the details. You gotta wonder what that is?

So remote it is nil?

Eat corn tonight. See how long it takes for it to pass through your digestive tract.

Rainsong

Jayelles said:
This is a non-answer. A simple yes or no would suffice.

I'll repeat, you demand scientific proof of the pineapple - do you apply the same standards to the "stungun" marks?

I have not 'demanded' anything. All I ever stated was Meyer wrote in the autopsy report that the remnants 'may' represent pineapple and the only proof we have it is pineapple is Steve Thomas' word. I also stated that for this to be accepted as pineapple in a court of law, the prosecution would have to have an expert opinion on the matter rather than Meyer's statement that it 'may' be pineapple.

Rainsong

Rainsong said:
All I ever stated was Meyer wrote in the autopsy report that the remnants 'may' represent pineapple and the only proof we have it is pineapple is Steve Thomas' word. I also stated that for this to be accepted as pineapple in a court of law, the prosecution would have to have an expert opinion on the matter rather than Meyer's statement that it 'may' be pineapple.

Rainsong,

This info had been provided to you several times in the past, but you and others from over yonder continually ignore it and bring up the same question. But here it is again:

The pineapple in the bowl found on the breakfast room table on December 26, 1996 was frozen as evidence, as was the pineapple from JonBenet's small intestine. In February of 1998 two college biology professors were selected to analyze the pineapple. The two experts concluded that both samples were fresh pineapple that included some of the outer rind of the fruit and there were no distinctive differences between the pineapple from the bowl and the pineapple from JonBenet's small intestines.

We know why you ignore much of the pineapple evidence. The pineapple proves there was no intruder. JonBenet would have never gone downstairs willingly with an intruder, after being stungunned, and together snacked on pineapple while the intruder sipped on tea at the breakfast room table.

BlueCrab

Rainsong said:
I have not 'demanded' anything. All I ever stated was Meyer wrote in the autopsy report that the remnants 'may' represent pineapple and the only proof we have it is pineapple is Steve Thomas' word. I also stated that for this to be accepted as pineapple in a court of law, the prosecution would have to have an expert opinion on the matter rather than Meyer's statement that it 'may' be pineapple.

Rainsong
Puleaze! Spare me. Why in the world would anyone need to prove that it was pinapple in her digestive tract in a court of law anyway? It doesn't show motive, it doesn't show intent, it only shows she had eaten something within a couple of hours of her death.

And why do you continually go off topic in every thread to derail the discussion?

This thread is about whether Patsy is losing her battle with cancer (apparently she is). Not stun gun info, not what JB ate before she died...

Rainsong said:

Rainsong
So is that a yes or a no. ....I would say the above IS a sidestep :-)

Did you miss the quote from the Ramsey interview tapes by Lou Smit? Perhaps you are choosing to ignore it.

Jayelles said:
So is that a yes or a no. ....I would say the above IS a sidestep :-)

Did you miss the quote from the Ramsey interview tapes by Lou Smit? Perhaps you are choosing to ignore it.

I did not miss the quote from Lou Smit and addressed it in an earlier post.

Rainsong

Since she seems to be missing this for some reason:-

Lou Smit:-

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font]

JR : Are you sure it was pineapple?

LS: No question. No question. So that's always been the big bugaboo.

JR: What's the - is there a timeline based on where it was in the digestive system?

LS : ... There is ... It could be anywhere from two hours to more than that.

[snip]

LS: But it's still a fact that it's there. There is nothing we can do to change that particular fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member