Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1m ago

Israel rebukes US Palestinian affairs office over tweet​

Israel’s embassy to the United States has issued a rare public rebuke to a State Department office that deals with Palestinian affairs, after it criticised Israel’s demolition of a Palestinian home in Jerusalem, Agence France-Presse is reporting.

“The government of Israel has demolished the home of a Palestinian family in response to the actions of their 13-year-old child,” the US Office of Palestinian Affairs posted on X (formerly Twitter) on Friday

It added:

An entire family should not lose their home because of the actions of one individual.
The Israeli embassy shot back in response:

Context is helpful: the ‘13-year-old’ is a terrorist who murdered an Israeli citizen by stabbing him to death.
Neither side named the teenager, but Israeli media identified him as Muhammad Zalbani, who it said had stabbed to death an Israeli border policeman as he was inspecting a bus in East Jerusalem in February.

The Times of Israel said the home demolition took place on Wednesday in the Shuafat refugee camp in East Jerusalem, under the protection of a large police force.

Israel has defended its controversial policy of destroying the homes of Palestinians who carry out attacks on its citizens, a practice widely condemned by human rights groups as collective punishment.

The latest demolition took place amid open warfare between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

WATCH: Broadway stars sing 'Bring Him Home' in tribute to Gaza hostages​

Broadway stars, including Debra Messing and Jeremy Jordan, gathered together in a recording booth, or at home, and recorded both voice and film.​

View attachment 459768

That was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.

52s ago
Erum Salam

Outrage continues to grow over a public comment made by a Florida state Republican lawmaker calling for all Palestinians to die.

In the speech during a debate in the state legislature about calling for a ceasefire in Israel’s invasion of Gaza, the Democratic Florida state representative Angie Nixon said: “We are at 10,000 dead Palestinians. How many will be enough?”

“All of them,” Michelle Salzman called in reply.

Nixon acknowledged the interruption and said: “One of my colleagues just said, ‘All of them.’ Wow.”

The Florida state house later voted 104-2 to reject Nixon’s resolution.

The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (Cair-Florida), the US’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, said in a statement that Salzman’s remarks were a “chilling call for genocide” and a “direct result of decades of dehumanization of the Palestinian people by advocates of Israeli apartheid and their eager enablers in government and the media”.

Michelle Salzman, a Florida state representative, in Tallahassee last year.

Michelle Salzman, a Florida state representative, in Tallahassee last year. Photograph: Phelan M Ebenhack/AP

The news comes on the heels of the censure of the Michigan congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, the only Palestinian American in the US Congress, after Tlaib echoed a popular rallying cry for Palestine that some have called antisemitic but others say is a call for Palestinian civil rights.

The censure resolution, which was supported by 22 Democrats, punishes Tlaib for allegedly “calling for the destruction of the state of Israel” and “promoting false narratives” about the 7 October attack by Hamas on Israel.

Sounds like the Florida state legislature might want to consider censuring their member as well (censuring or Florida state legislature equivalent).

5m ago

Saudis to host Islamic-Arab summit​

Saudi Arabia will host a joint Islamic-Arab summit in Riyadh on Saturday, the Saudi foreign ministry has said.

The joint meeting “will be held in response to the exceptional circumstances taking place in the Palestinian Gaza Strip as countries feel the need to unify efforts and come out with a unified collective position”, Reuters quoted the ministry as saying.

19m ago

Israeli forces have carried out airstrikes on a series of Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, the Israel Defence Forces has said.

IDF spokesman Daniel Hagari said on X (formerly Twitter):

Among the targets attacked were a number of buildings and military positions where the organization’s terrorists operated, a weapons warehouse and an intelligence infrastructure from which terrorists directed terrorism against the State of Israel.
Hagari said the Israeli strikes were in response to launches from the militant group Hezbollah over the last day.

The Journalist's Creed​

• I believe in the profession of journalism.
  • I believe that the public journal is a public trust; that all connected with it are, to the full measure of their responsibility, trustees for the public; that acceptance of a lesser service than the public service is betrayal of this trust.
  • I believe that clear thinking and clear statement, accuracy and fairness are fundamental to good journalism.
  • I believe that a journalist should write only what he holds in his heart to be true.
  • I believe that suppression of the news, for any consideration other than the welfare of society, is indefensible.
  • I believe that no one should write as a journalist what he would not say as a gentleman; that bribery by one’s own pocketbook is as much to be avoided as bribery by the pocketbook of another; that individual responsibility may not be escaped by pleading another’s instructions or another’s dividends.
  • I believe that advertising, news and editorial columns should alike serve the best interests of readers; that a single standard of helpful truth and cleanness should prevail for all; that the supreme test of good journalism is the measure of its public service.
  • I believe that the journalism which succeeds best — and best deserves success — fears God and honors Man; is stoutly independent, unmoved by pride of opinion or greed of power, constructive, tolerant but never careless, self-controlled, patient, always respectful of its readers but always unafraid, is quickly indignant at injustice; is unswayed by the appeal of privilege or the clamor of the mob; seeks to give every man a chance and, as far as law and honest wage and recognition of human brotherhood can make it so, an equal chance; is profoundly patriotic while sincerely promoting international good will and cementing world-comradeship; is a journalism of humanity, of and for today’s world.
Let's not undermine people's integrity.

“Journalists” embedded during a massacre undermine their own integrity. If they breached the fence, ran into Israel, documented rapes and murders all while taking selfies and holding a hand grenade, they are terrorists. Wearing a press vest and carrying a camera doesn’t make me overlook that.

“Journalists” embedded during a massacre undermine their own integrity. If they breached the fence, ran into Israel, documented rapes and murders all while taking selfies and holding a hand grenade, they are terrorists. Wearing a press vest and carrying a camera doesn’t make me overlook that.
Some would like that no journalists are present at war/s zone/s.

The correspondent becomes a link between two worlds:
peace and war.
They report what they have seen.

Many die doing their job.

Israel revises death count from Oct. 7 Hamas onslaght, dropping it from 1,400 to 1,200​

Israel has revised the death toll of last month’s Hamas attacks to roughly 1,200, Foreign Ministry spokesman Lior Haiat tells The Times of Israel.

The revised figure, down from a previous toll of 1,400.

Haiat declines to elaborate on the record what led to the updated figure, but Hebrew media reporting on the lowered number from recent days attributed it to burned bodies being misidentified as those of Israeli civilians, rather than Palestinian terrorists.

Some would like that no journalists are present at war/s zone/s.

The correspondent becomes a link between two worlds:
peace and war.
They report what they have seen.

Many die doing their job.
It wasn’t a war zone. They witnessed a massacre. They photographed mothers being raped in front of their children. They photographed gang rapes. They are terrorists.

is profoundly patriotic while sincerely promoting international good will and cementing world-comradeship; is a journalism of humanity, of and for today’s world.
SBM From the final paragraph of that Journalist’s Creed you’ve cited.

I can see that these stringers are indeed patriotic. Towards Hamas.

@Dotta do you genuinely believe that they also promoted international good will? Cemented world-comradeship?

Was this “a journalism of humanity?”

IMO these “journalists,” who “uncannily” were there at 6 AM on a Saturday morning, on the Jewish Sabbath and also a Jewish holiday, cameras in hand, most certainly and absolutely knew Hamas was going to invade at that time.

How else would there be several of them at the border, at the crack of dawn, on what otherwise would be a quiet, non-newsworthy day?

If I pretend that they were caught off-guard, they still did nothing to summon help, or intervene in any way, as human beings.

Honestly being kissed by Sinwar prior to October 7th is all I’d need to know about that guy’s ideals.

I do not believe they follow or even know or care about any Journalist’s Creed.

They had to have been notified to be present to document what Hamas views as their glorious victory.

They are plants, terrorists, spies—-not journalists.

Their creed is to promote Hamas.

IMO

SBM From the final paragraph of that Journalist’s Creed you’ve cited.

I can see that these stringers are indeed patriotic. Towards Hamas.

@Dotta do you genuinely believe that they also promoted international good will? Cemented world-comradeship?

Was this “a journalism of humanity?”

IMO these “journalists,” who “uncannily” were there at 6 AM on a Saturday morning, on the Jewish Sabbath and also a Jewish holiday, cameras in hand, most certainly and absolutely knew Hamas was going to invade at that time.

How else would there be several of them at the border on what otherwise would be a quiet, non-newsworthy day?

If I pretend that they were caught off-guard, they still did nothing to summon help, or intervene in any way, as human beings.

Honestly being kissed by Sinwar prior to October 7th is all I’d need to know about that guy’s ideals.

I do not believe they follow or even know or care about any Journalist’s Creed.

They had to have been notified to be present to document what Hamas views as their glorious victory.

They are plants, terrorists, spies—-not journalists.

Their creed is to promote Hamas.

IMO
I am not Jury and a Judge.

55 min ago

Gaza City hospital could shut down in 3 hours due to lack of fuel, Palestine Red Crescent Society says​

From CNN’s Abeer Salman and Kareem El Damanhoury

Gaza City's Al-Quds Hospital could shut down in the coming hours, threatening the lives of patients and babies, the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) warns.

“Al-Quds Hospital is at risk of closure in the upcoming 3 hours due to the depletion of fuel supplies and the non-arrival of aid,” PRCS said in a statement early Saturday local time. “500 patients and injured will be deprived from medical care. Those who are at the ICU and babies in incubators will lose their lives."
On Wednesday, PRCS said it was scaling back most operations amid a fuel shortage to ensure the provision of minimal services.

So far, at least 18 out of Gaza’s 35 functioning hospitals have gone out of service, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Ramallah on Thursday.

The Israeli military has said Hamas is embedding itself in civilian infrastructure and that it will strike Hamas “wherever necessary.”

Published
47 minutes ago

Gaza casualties: 'Most of the children in my family photo are dead'​

A selfie of the al-Naouq children and their uncle Ahmed
IMAGE SOURCE, AHMED AL-NAOUQ
Ahmed al-Naouq took this family selfie four years ago - most of the children in the photo are now dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221