Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Hamas underestimated anything.

We really don't know what might happen.

If their goal was to draw attention to Palestinians' fate - they succeeded.
The whole world is watching and paying attention.

And after this war, nothing will be the same IMO.

JMO

Yep. They're gone, unless there is some miracle.

Also incubators won't do any good without electricity. Shifa said they already have enough incubators.
I did not see any battery packs attached to the incubators that Israel was loading yesterday.
They're best bet for these wee ones is to put them skin to skin with an adult (chest to chest and with a blanket wrapped around them (wrapped around the adult and infant). I have not idea how many babies they have though. Has anyone seen a number?

Last edited:
I don't think Hamas underestimated anything.

We really don't know what might happen.

If their goal was to draw attention to Palestinians' fate - they succeeded.
The whole world is watching and paying attention.

And after this war, nothing will be the same IMO.

JMO

One thing that gets me about all this is how the acts of murder, slaughter, rape, etc. of so many, including children, disabled, elderly, has succeeded in bringing support to their cause by many. And the denial, and justification…

I don’t know why I expected more condemnation by Palestinians themselves, especially abroad, acknowledging that while there are deep-rooted political differences, they still do not support what happened on October 7…maybe a lot of Palestinians do not support what happened on Oct. 7 and I just haven’t seen them express it in the media. As for being physically in Gaza, and outwardly opposing Hamas, of course they wouldn’t want retribution or to invite danger to themselves or their families, but as far as foreign college campuses, rallies, etc., I am surprised to see so much support after what happened. I realize the geopolitical conflict is deep and multifaceted. I also do understand the concerns for lack of a better term about civilians and children being injured/killed during the strikes, so voicing a concern about that is understandable, imo, but it’s almost like the initial event that caused all this is not being acknowledged by many.

Last edited:
They're best bet for these wee ones is to put them skin to skin with an adult (chest to chest and with a blanket wrapped around them. I have not idea how many babies they have though. Has anyone seen a number?

“We've been asked to receive 36 newly-born neonates in incubators,” Abdel Ghaffar said, adding that he is working with his team and other officials to get them into Egypt "as soon as possible."

1m ago

Here is more on the White House response to the IDF entering the al-Shifa hospital, in what it says is a “targeted operation”, via AFP:

Hospitals and the patients inside them “must be protected,” the White House said late Tuesday when asked about an operation by its ally Israel, which has sent troops into Gaza’s largest hospital, Al-Shifa.

The White House “won’t speak to the specifics of an ongoing Israeli military operation,” a spokesperson from the National Security Council said when asked about military move into Al-Shifa.

“As we’ve said, we do not support striking a hospital from the air and we don’t want to see a firefight in a hospital where innocent people, helpless people, sick people trying to get medical care they deserve are caught in the crossfire. Hospitals and patients must be protected,” the spokesperson continued.

The statement came after US President Joe Biden spoke with Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu earlier Tuesday, apparently before the Israeli operation into Al-Shifa was announced.

The operation was not discussed during that call, which the White House said in an earlier statement had focused on efforts to free hostages held by Hamas.

Al-Shifa hospital has been the focal point of days of fighting and nearby aerial bombardments in Israel’s war with Hamas.

Thousands of patients, staff and displaced civilians are believed to be inside the hospital complex, according to local officials.

Witnesses have described conditions as horrific, with medical procedures taking place without anesthetic, families with scant food or water living in corridors, and the stench of decomposing corpses filling the air.

What gets me about all this is how the acts of murder, slaughter, rape, etc. of so many, including children, disabled, elderly, has succeeded in bringing support to their cause by many. And the denial, and justification…

I don’t know why I expected more condemnation by Palestinians themselves, especially abroad, acknowledging that while there are deep-rooted political differences, they still do not support what happened on October 7…maybe a lot of Palestinians do not support what happened on Oct. 7 and I just haven’t seen them express it in the media. As for being physically in Gaza, and outwardly opposing Hama, of course they wouldn’t want retribution or to invite danger to themselves or their families, but as far as foreign college campuses, rallies, etc., I am surprised to see so much support after what happened. I realize the geopolitical conflict is deep and multifaceted. I also do understand the concerns for lack of a better term about civilians and children being injured/killed during the strikes, so voicing a concern about that is understandable, imo, but it’s almost like the initial event that caused all this is not being acknowledged by many.
These questions should be directed to sociologists who study human behavior, interaction, and organization and examine the effect of social influences.

JMO

1m ago

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Health in Gaza has told Al Jazeera that Israeli forces are searching the basement of the al-Shifa Hospital.

They're best bet for these wee ones is to put them skin to skin with an adult (chest to chest and with a blanket wrapped around them (wrapped around the adult and infant). I have not idea how many babies they have though. Has anyone seen a number?
I'd still like to know where their fathers (and living mothers) are.
TBH, if they were mine, and either of us was not expected to live, I'd want to be as close as possible, for as long as possible. jmo

3 min ago

What we know about Israel’s raid on the Al-Shifa Hospital​

[...]

Israeli army spokesman Peter Lerner told CNN that the presence of civilians at the hospital makes the ground operation there “challenging.” He said Israeli forces were trying to “mitigate” the impact, citing the presence of medics and Arabic speakers among those carrying out the raid.

What’s happening on the ground: Khaled Abu Samra, a doctor at the hospital, told CNN they were given 30 minutes’ warning before the Israeli operation on the complex began.

“We were asked to stay clear of the windows and the balconies. We can hear the armored vehicles, they are very close to the entrance of the complex,” he said.

Khader Al Za’anoun, a journalist inside the hospital, told CNN that Israeli tanks had moved into the hospital complex, and there were gunfire exchanges across the yard. It’s unclear whether there are IDF soldiers inside the hospital buildings, Al Za’anoun said.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member