Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Officials find and rescue 30 trapped in southern Israel kibbutz​

Israeli forces say they successfully located - and rescued - 30 trapped people in the southern kibbutz of Ein HaShlosha late on Monday.

Officials received a "distress call" at around 21:00 local time (18:00 GMT), according to information shared by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), and using coordinates were able to locate those trapped before 22:00.

It has not disclosed where the group were, but after Hamas launched its attack on Saturday, many residents are known to have fled their homes and in some cases attempted to hide.

The IDF released the following image of those who were trapped, after officials found them:

1696966693134.jpeg
Israel Defense ForcesCopyright

If they do not support Hamas, can the Gaza citizens not seek asylum in Egypt or surrender to Israel?

I am not certain how many fall into that category.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
IMO One of The reasons they are in Gaza is because no Arab countries are willing to take them in.

As for surrendering to Israel…right now it would be impossible. How do you discern innocents from terrorists? Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes. It would be a security nightmare for Israel at this moment.

6m ago

EU warns Elon Musk over ‘disinformation’ about Hamas attack on X​

Lisa O'Carroll

The EU has issued a warning to Elon Musk over the alleged disinformation about the Hamas attack on Israel, including fake news and “repurposed old images”, on X, which was formerly known as Twitter.

The letter comes less than two months after sweeping new laws regulating content on social media seen in the EU came into force under the Digital Services Act. If Musk, the owner of X, does not comply he can face a fine of 6% of his revenues from X or a total blackout in the EU.

Thierry Breton, the commissioner responsible for the act, wrote to Musk to urge him to ensure “a prompt, accurate, and complete response” to the request to contact Europol, the EU police enforcement agency and “relevant law enforcement agencies” within the next 24 hours.

Breton reminded Musk that he needed to have “proportionate and effective mitigation measures to tackle the risks to public security and civic discourse stemming from disinformation”. He wrote:

Following the terrorist attacks carried out by Hamas against Israel, we have indications your platform is being used to disseminate illegal content and disinformation in the EU.
He added:

Public media and civil society organisations widely report instances of fake and manipulated images and facts circulating on your platform in the EU, such as repurposed old images of unrelated armed conflicts or military footage that actually originated from video games. This appears to be manifestly false or misleading information.
EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack

EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack Photograph: European Commission

The geography and demographics of the Gaza strip baffle me.

Why on earth do so many (2 million) people, most of them children (for some reason) live in this tiny little strip of land that doesn't appear to have any particularly useful natural resources or economic value that would usually explain such a booming population?

The 3rd holiest site in Islam is there, Al Aqsa Mosque, but it's MUCH more complicated than that and goes back hundreds of years, but you can start reading about the history in the 1930's and get a good idea of what caused the population to be that densely packed in one area.

6m ago

EU warns Elon Musk over ‘disinformation’ about Hamas attack on X​

Lisa O'Carroll

The EU has issued a warning to Elon Musk over the alleged disinformation about the Hamas attack on Israel, including fake news and “repurposed old images”, on X, which was formerly known as Twitter.

The letter comes less than two months after sweeping new laws regulating content on social media seen in the EU came into force under the Digital Services Act. If Musk, the owner of X, does not comply he can face a fine of 6% of his revenues from X or a total blackout in the EU.

Thierry Breton, the commissioner responsible for the act, wrote to Musk to urge him to ensure “a prompt, accurate, and complete response” to the request to contact Europol, the EU police enforcement agency and “relevant law enforcement agencies” within the next 24 hours.

Breton reminded Musk that he needed to have “proportionate and effective mitigation measures to tackle the risks to public security and civic discourse stemming from disinformation”. He wrote:

He added:

EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack's attack

EU commissioner Thierry Breton warning letter to Elon Musk over disinformation in relation to Israel and Hamas's attack Photograph: European Commission

There's no place for amateur meddling from celebrities, even ones as wealthy as Musk.

The 3rd holiest site in Islam is there, Al Aqsa Mosque, but it's MUCH more complicated than that and goes back hundreds of years, but you can start reading about the history in the 1930's and get a good idea of what caused the population to be that densely packed in one area.

The Al Aqsa mosque is in Jerusalem, not Gaza.

Oct 10, 2023 #israel #hamas #middleeast
We should expect the relentless airstrikes by Israel on Gaza to continue until a ground invasion takes place, our defence and military analyst Michael Clarke says. "The Israelis have never hit Gaza this intensively before in the four wars that they've had since 2008 and they will go on, undoubtedly," he said. "Gaza is so crowded... so it's impossible to inoculate the population from this." More than 130,000 people are taking refuge inside schools and hospitals, the UN has said, and Clarke believes that - unlike the Russians in Ukraine - Israel will not deliberately target them.

For Palestinian Christians, it's a matter of survival - life and death - on a daily basis. No disappointment from me, they are not required to go on a suicide mission living in the midst of Hezbollah terrorists.
You’re right. Easy enough for me to be over here and judge their actions. Thank you for the reply and the thoughtful reminder of the living hell they are surrounded by.

The Al Aqsa mosque is in Jerusalem, not Gaza.

I'm aware of where it is, you asked why they were in that area, that is the answer proximity to the third holiest site in Islam. I emphasized you have to read the history from the 30's until now to understand why they are in the spot they are in. It has to do with politics, map drawing, re drawing, etc.
You asked a question that is one of the most difficult to answer, you have to understand 100 years of history it's not a quick answer.

Agree. Without laws and rules to protect humanity, the world will be in very big trouble. No one will be safe. JMO
Its like all these people wanting to rehabilitate a vicious dog that's already mauled a child to death. Hamas does not comprehend laws, rules or humanity. They need to be put down preferably as quickly as possible. People wanting a "nice" war is why we were in Afghanistan for 20 darn years.

It is near Europe.
I guess there will be many refugees from this part of world appearing soon.
And they will count as war refugees.
Europe has been absorbing millions of refugees since the Arab Spring from N. Africa and Syria etc, plus the refugees from Ukraine. I can't imagine any EU nations taking more.

You’re right. Easy enough for me to be over here and judge their actions. Thank you for the reply and the thoughtful reminder of the living hell they are surrounded by.

It sounds like you have a rich and diverse family history going back generations - and complicated by geo-politics. The duress for those livng under Hamas and Hezbollah in Gaza and the West Bank must be unimagineable.

A "like" wasn't enough. I hope we're all paying very close attention to everyone single one of these Hamas supporters showing their allegiance. In a way I guess it's a good thing their true colors are being revealed, so that we all know who they are.
HAMAS is a Terrorist Organization, intent on wiping Israel off the map. They are Evil. OTOH, the citizens living in Gaza are not in support of them, but are forced to live under their rule. I feel very sorry for All the Innocents being hurt/murdered, in Both Gaza and Israel. Violence is not a solution to anything. I pray this ends soon, and love that so many countries are trying to help as they can.

Good luck with that

So
Where do you think they will go???
Well Europe isn't the only place on Earth. Where else could they go? Africa, Nearby Arab nations, Iran is their largest supporter and a large nation why do they not go there? They could apply to go to China or Russia, there are lots of places in the world. OR, they could recognize that Hamas was a terrible choice of leadership, overthrow them, and seek peace. There are lots of options besides war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow