Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1m ago

Palestinian envoy to UN describes Israel's bombardment of Gaza Strip as 'genocidal'​

The Palestinian envoy to the United Nations on Tuesday described Israel‘s bombardment of the Gaza Strip and vow to impose a complete siege on the Hamas-controlled Palestinian enclave as “nothing less than genocidal.”

Israel‘s Defence Minister Yoav Gallant drew international condemnation by announcing on Monday a “total blockade” to stop food and fuel reaching Gaza, home to 2.3 million people. Gallant said Israel was battling “beastly people.” Israel has razed entire districts in Gaza as it prepares for a possible ground offensive.

“Such blatant dehumanization and attempts to bomb a people into submission, to use starvation as a method of warfare, and to eradicate their national existence are nothing less than genocidal,” Palestinian UN envoy Riyad Mansour wrote in a letter to the UN Security Council on Tuesday, seen by Reuters.

“These acts constitute war crimes,” he wrote.

This is such a horror story.

Seeing the videos images of innocent people being murdered by Hamas terrorists is heart breaking (my heart especially breaks for those poor babies who have never even had a chance at life).

I also feel such terror for those being held hostage by this terrorist group - with the current situation I can’t see many getting out alive.

This was MOO a very carefully and pre planned attack - I don’t understand how Israel’s defence seemed to miss it.

This is such a horror story.

Seeing the videos images of innocent people being murdered by Hamas terrorists is heart breaking (my heart especially breaks for those poor babies who have never even had a chance at life).

This was MOO a very carefully and pre planned attack - I don’t understand how Israel’s defence seemed to miss it.
They're gonna win this war very quickly. MOO MOO MOO

In a statement, a Hamas spokesperson said the US leader’s statements “coincided with the continuation and escalation of the barbaric Zionist aggression against our Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip and the rest of our occupied territories”.
Snipped for focus .
This would then be part of the motive for the attacks by Hamas ?

Didn't Israel leave the Gaza strip in 2005 ? (Hence the Palestinians are not "occupied", per se., but are under the command of whom they elect -- in this case, Hamas ?)

Israel says the blockade, which gives it control of Gaza's borders and is also enforced by Egypt, is necessary to protect Israeli citizens from Hamas.
Red bolding mine.
About the proximity to Egypt, could some Palestinians leave and go into that country ?
But is it also possible that Hamas could prevent residents from escaping ?
There could be use of human shields , sadly.

This link has a map that shows how much of Gaza borders Egypt.
Tbh, it's amazing that Israel could have been taken by surprise like this.

From the above link :
The attack comes at a time of historic division within Israel over Netanyahu’s proposal to overhaul the judiciary. Mass protests over the plan have sent hundreds of thousands of Israeli demonstrators into the streets and prompted hundreds of military reservists to avoid volunteer duty — turmoil that has raised fears over the military’s battlefield readiness.
Did Hamas take advantage of current conflict within the nation of Israel ?
Omo.

Jerusalem is characterized by a hot-summer Mediterranean climate (Köppen: Csa), with hot, dry summers, and mild, wet winters. Snow flurries usually occur once or twice a winter, although the city experiences heavy snowfall every three to four years, on average, with short-lived accumulation.

Jerusalem averages 21 inches of rain annually. (Desert is 10 inches)
Los Angeles averages 14 inches

The hottest month is July with avg temps of 84/67. Los Angeles is 83/64.
People in Florida, Southern AZ and Texas would die for that kind of weather!

View attachment 452643

Yes, that’s Jerusalem. People build cities in areas with greater livability.

Israel in whole has three climates—Mediterranean, Arid and Semi-Arid.

<modsnip - referenced post was deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was deleted>

Here's a recap of the issue when violence flared in Gaza in May 2021. It includes a map (there are several maps in the Library of Congress that identify the area known as Palestine.) If we can accept that there was/is a Navajo Nation without a reference map we should be able to accept that there was/is a Palestine.

I often hear people say "Hamas don't represent Palestinians." Erm... in 2006 Palestinians literally voted for them to represent them (in Gaza, at least)! And they haven't had another election since then.

In the time since Palestine had it's last election I believe Israel has held about 10.
<modsnip - off topic>

"At the 2006 legislative election, six parties and 4 independents won seats. Change and Reform (i.e., Hamas) won 44.45% of the vote and 74 seats, while Fatah won 41.43% of the vote and 45 seats."

''One of the biggest learnings Hamas gained from the Jenin fighters was the importance of strategic mobility and surprise. During the Battle of Jenin, the Jenin fighters utilised a network of tunnels to move fighters and supplies, evade Israeli forces, and launch surprise attacks. Hamas has since invested heavily in tunnel infrastructure, constructing an extensive network of underground passages that enable them to bypass Israeli checkpoints and mount attacks from unexpected locations. This current attack has taken surprise to a new level.

Hidden planning​

The use of tunnels and underground facilities will almost certainly have aided the concealment of preparation from Israeli intelligence. However, the effort put into that concealment is yet another level of sophistication not previously seen: The operation would have taken several months to plan.

Hamas will have studied Israeli intelligence gathering, identified Israeli sources and kept them focused elsewhere, so that preparations will have been hidden in what intelligence agencies refer to as “background noise.”

Some of that background noise includes the internal political tensions in Israel itself.''

"Israel-Hamas war threatens to engulf the Middle East as 'projectiles are fired from Syria', salvoes are exchanged with Lebanon's Hezbollah and airstrikes 'hit the only land exit from Gaza into Egypt'."

6m ago

Lisa O'Carroll

Elon Musk responded to a letter by Thierry Bretonwarning him over the alleged disinformation about the Hamas attack on Israel on X.

Musk wrote:

In a reference to the law’s requirement that platforms regulate their own content under the new laws Breton replied:

This reminds me of the potential danger that just one person (EM) has controlling such a world wide and wide spread source of information on X and Starlink.

EM has the power to ban or edit information at his will as well as cut off potential communications.

I'm not implying EM will do either, however a very sobering thought.

JMO

ETA, grammar

Last edited:
At this point I’m just going to say that while we all have opinions, I believe that all people of goodwill can agree on this:

Babies in the womb, infants, small children should never be kidnapped from their homes and from the arms of their desperate parents.

Babies should not be decapitated.

Helpless old women should not be dragged out of their beds and spirited away, without regard for their infirmities, and torn from their families.

Young women should not be captured for violent use of their bodies by men who will use them temporarily and then murder them.

Women should not be splayed naked before these men and paraded around as trophies to be humiliated and mocked, with their bodies covered in blood and excrement.

Young people from several nations who are attending a music festival and not disturbing anyone should not be mowed down by gunfire, with hundreds of bodies stacked up in death.

Families and friends should not learn of the horrific fate of their loved ones by viewing videos that their tormentors send from the victims’ phones to their loved ones.

People who are asleep in their beds should not be jolted awake to find their murderers within their walls.

Little children should not be placed in headlocks by grown men and shoved along until they wind up as hostages to be used as human shields.

Human beings should not be slaughtered in their cars as they try to escape from enemies who suddenly materialize before them.

I cannot conceive how any person born with a heart and a brain could consider any of this to be justifiable in ANY way and for ANY reason.

Israel did not know this was coming. Hamas does know that the atrocities they’ve committed are going to bring fallout in Gaza.

IMO Hamas is to blame for whatever suffering there is now in Gaza.

18m ago

Israeli airlines add more flights to bring home reservists​

Reuters: Israeli airlines El Al, Israir and Arkia added more flights on Tuesday to bring home reservists, according to their websites and Israel’s airports authority, though the prospect of more conflict also stoked sector worries about staff shortages.

Israel said on Monday it had called up an unprecedented 300,000 reservists.

While many major airlines have cancelled flights to and from Israel, domestic carriers have looked to ramp up capacity, at least in coming days. Many Israelis were travelling abroad the last week for a Jewish holiday.

On its website, Israir Airlines said it was offering flights from Larnaca in Cyprus, Corfu in Greece and Batumi in Georgia to help bring Israelis back to the country.

Arkia was offering flights from Greek capital Athens to Eilat in southern Israel and from Marrakesh in Morocco to Tel Aviv, among others.

Flag carrier El Al added a flight from Athens on Tuesday. El Al added that, while it wasn’t offering free flights for reservists, it was trying to keep prices affordable. Reservists were being charged $900 for flying from the United States, $650 from Bangkok, and $300 from Europe for flights under four hours, a spokesperson said.

Hoping this works. i've never linked flight paths before, but giving it a try. The first one is Israeli air force's intelligence gathering plane.. sounds pretty kick butt!

This one is Russian Air Force plane that took off from somewhere above Israel (after landing in Syria earlier today) and is now flying over Iraq.

Snipped for focus .
This would then be part of the motive for the attacks by Hamas ?

Didn't Israel leave the Gaza strip in 2005 ? (Hence the Palestinians are not "occupied", per se., but are under the command of whom they elect -- in this case, Hamas ?)

Israel says the blockade, which gives it control of Gaza's borders and is also enforced by Egypt, is necessary to protect Israeli citizens from Hamas.
Red bolding mine.
About the proximity to Egypt, could some Palestinians leave and go into that country ?
But is it also possible that Hamas could prevent residents from escaping ?
There could be use of human shields , sadly.

This link has a map that shows how much of Gaza borders Egypt.
Tbh, it's amazing that Israel could have been taken by surprise like this.

From the above link :
The attack comes at a time of historic division within Israel over Netanyahu’s proposal to overhaul the judiciary. Mass protests over the plan have sent hundreds of thousands of Israeli demonstrators into the streets and prompted hundreds of military reservists to avoid volunteer duty — turmoil that has raised fears over the military’s battlefield readiness.
Did Hamas take advantage of current conflict within the nation of Israel ?
Omo.

Egypt certainly does not want to allow Palestinians to enter their country and end up sponsoring a Palestinian refugee encampment. The Rafah border is a long way from central Egypt and services there. Egypt also has a problem with radical islamists that target foreigners in the Red Sea resorts and along the Nile tourist path, and does not want to lose foreign aid and foreign investments if it it seen as a radicalized country that harbors terrorists.

@Momoffourboys :
There's also the option of saying nothing at all, and in this particular situation it might have been advisable -- compared to what was communicated.

No slaughter of the most innocent amongst us, should ever be deemed "necessary" .
Those who were horrifically killed were not a threat.
It's beyond cowardly to target children, babies, and elderly , Not to mention young people at an outdoor concert who were unarmed.
Any good and decent person would not partake in such crimes.
Omo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members