DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MassGuy

The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed
Reaction score
GazaCNN —
Multiple militants from Gaza have entered Israeli territory, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Saturday, shortly after a barrage of rockets left one person dead and at least three injured.

Palestinian militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for the rocket attack.

Hamas military commander Muhammad Al-Deif released a recorded message, announcing operation “Al-Aqsa Storm” and saying the Palestinian militant group “targeted the enemy positions, airports and military positions with 5,000 rockets.”

The IDF has warned Israelis who live near Gaza to stay in their homes.

The rockets, which were witnessed by a CNN producer in Gaza, prompted sirens as far north as the Tel Aviv area, east to Beer Sheva, and many other locations in between.

Thread #1 Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
38min ago

Police say officers killed 4 Palestinians who planted IEDs on West Bank barrier

Police say officers have killed four Palestinians after they planted explosives on the West Bank security barrier.

In a statement, police say Border Police officers spotted the four suspects approaching the fence near the Nitsanei HaShalom Industrial Zone, close to Tulkarem, and setting off bombs.

The officers returned fire, killing them, police say.

According to the Palestinian Authority health ministry, at least 44 West Bank Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces and settlers since October 7.

37min ago

Suspected drone infiltration alert sounds in southern border town of Bnei Netzarim

A suspected drone infiltration alert is sounding in the southern town of Bnei Netzarim, close to the border with the Gaza Strip.

The Hamas terror group has claimed to have launched several drones at Israel amid the fighting in southern Israel in recent days.

Is there any info on what the drones are doing or being used for?

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war rages as Palestinian death toll in Gaza rises from attacks (cnn.com)
33 min ago

US defense secretary: "This is no time for neutrality, or for false equivalence"​

A forceful US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin pledged unwavering US support to Israel in the wake of the deadly Hamas attack, stressing that “this is no time for neutrality, or for false equivalence or for excuses for the inexcusable.”

“In times like these, sometimes the best thing that a friend can do is just to show up and to get to work,” said Austin emphatically offering full US support to Israel at a joint news conference.

The defense secretary who is traveling to Israel today offered a soft reminder to the Israelis that “this is a time for resolve and not revenge” as the IDF is under scrutiny for causing civilian casualties in Gaza in response to the Hamas attack.

“Democracies like ours are stronger and more secure when we uphold the laws of war,” Austin said.

Austin also pledged continued US support with munitions. Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Israel is expecting the second shipment of lethal military aid from the US today as Israel warns civilians to evacuate Gaza.

“US security assistance to Israel will flow in at the speed of war,” said Austin.

‘I’m just praying to God’: people in Gaza caught between evacuation order, Hamas and bombs​

[…]

“Forget about food, forget about electricity, forget about fuel,” she said. “The only concern now is just if you’ll make it – if you’re going to live.”

[…]

“Right now, I’m leaving what I thought was the safest place I could go to,” said Rama Abu Amra, a student who had fled several times with her family across Gaza City since the bombardments began. The sound of panicked crowds was audible in the background as she spoke.

“We’re not safe at all, we’re constantly under attack. I don’t know, I’m just praying to God to protect us, to protect our homes, mine is really under attack. I might not find it again.”

She said she was saying goodbye to everything that she loved: her home; her room; her childhood memories, even her box of university supplies.

“I never thought this would happen,” added Abu Amra. “We’ve faced many wars before, many escalations before, but even those were easier.”

But this time, she said, there was simply nowhere to run to. “We just don’t know what to do. We hope to stay alive, because I really don’t know if I will or not. Just pray for us. We have no internet, no water and no food. No connection, everything is so hard. We have never lived something like this.”

[…]

Gaza’s health ministry said it would be impossible to evacuate the many wounded from hospitals, adding that hospital staff would not act in accordance with Israel’s warning.

“We have a duty and a humanitarian mission, and we cannot evacuate hospitals and leave the wounded and sick to die,” said a spokesperson, Ashraf al-Qidra. In the event of severe Israeli strikes, he added, there was simply nowhere else in the Gaza Strip to take and treat patients.

Health officers carry an injured child to Nasser hospital as Israel’s attacks on the Gaza Strip continue on its seventh day in Khan Yunis, Gaza.

Health officers carry an injured child to Nasser hospital as Israel’s attacks on the Gaza Strip continue on its seventh day in Khan Yunis, Gaza. Photograph: Anadolu/Getty

[…]

Reuters, Associated Press and Agence France-Presse contributed to this report

7min ago

‘We’re celebrating Noa, but only a picture of her is here’: Parents of hostage mark her birthday

The parents of Noa Argamani share the experience of celebrating the 23rd birthday of their daughter who was taken hostage by Hamas terrorists into Gaza last week.

“We’re celebrating Noa, but only a picture of her is present,” her father Yaakov tells Channel 12.

On Saturday, her family shared harrowing footage of her abduction in southern Israel.

The video shows her being taken away on the back of a motorcycle by Hamas terrorists as she screams “Don’t kill me” and stretches her arms out to her boyfriend, Avi Natan, who is also being held by Hamas operatives. They were both attending a festival in the south.

Since then, a video of Argamani was released on social media showing her drinking water in captivity.

Her father tells Channel 12 that he hopes her captors “have a heart” and won’t hurt his daughter.

rbbm. snippets of lengthy article.
''WASHINGTON (JTA) — A spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces urged AIPAC and its followers to stick with Israel as it attacks Hamas even when “the going gets ugly” and “the scenes out of Gaza will be hard to stomach.”

Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus, the international spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces, spoke Thursday evening to a webcast convened by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee about what Israel expected from Americans and especially those who support the pro-Israel lobby.

Conricus’s comments came shortly before Israel issued a warning to civilians in Gaza that they should leave the northern part of the Gaza Strip within 24 hours. The warning, which applies to an area with more than 1 million residents, offered a timeline about when Israel plans to launch a ground invasion or otherwise step up its offensive against Hamas.''

''Massive numbers of terrorists swarmed in from the Gaza Strip and massacred hundreds of revelers at a nearby music festival and hundreds more, including small children and entire families taking shelter, in towns adjacent to the Strip. Survivors told of witnessing sexual assault and captives begging for their lives as they were dragged into Gaza to be held as hostages.''

“Whenever fighting starts usually it’s the enemy that takes an initiative attack, Israel enjoys a small window of international legitimacy and support then flips and Israel is forced by powerful countries around the world to limit its movement,” Conricus said. “We have seen that and that is unfortunately what we’ve faced in the past. This time must be different.”

“They have been allowed to build themselves into a significant military with the ability to, we have sadly seen, cross into Israel and butcher Israeli civilians like none of our enemies have ever done before,” he said.''

I just wonder how it is going to end. Are they looking for Hamas to be physically eradicated? If so, how do they know when that has occurred? Are they looking for Hamas to surrender? Or are they just looking for Hamas to stop firing weapons?
The odds are, they will get Hamas to stop firing weapons. Maybe they will get some of the top people in Hamas, but I believe they are being harbored in other countries.

They will probably get some top instigators in Hamas that are in Gaza and maybe have an agreement. (I don't know. From the sounds of Hamas, it doesn't sound like they agree to anything). Or maybe if there is no agreement, Israel will decide that they've significantly reduced the threat of attacks for the time being.

They've had fights with Hamas before. (Both sides have exchanged fire power and rockets) They somehow end after awhile but I don't follow them, so I don't know. I don't know if they come to an agreement or if the attacks just peter out.

They will likely not eradicate Hamas. Dealing with terrorism is long term. Unlike nation wars with treaties, terrorism has no boundaries and no laws. It's always there.

2m ago
There are some fast-paced developments coming to us across the news wires, with Reuters reporting that Israeli military has warned residents of a village near the Lebanese border to hole up at home and lock doors and windows, saying a suspected armed infiltration was under way.

The alert took place in Hanita, 500 metres from the border and opposite the Lebanese community of Aalma El-Chaeb.

The military statement said there had been an explosion at the adjacent border fence, which was lightly damaged. At the same time there is an alert that Israeli shelling has hit a Lebanese army observation post in Dhayra, which is across the border.

Sirens sounding in Tel Aviv
I am monitoring flightradar24 for the flights in and out of Israel. Seems a few took off within the last 20 minutes, but all those that were approaching are circling or moving away from the path they were on.

Edited: seems fights are back to normal now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member