Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by SillyBilly (thank you)

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING :

Join us on Sunday, October 15th at 11:00 AM PT, 2:00 PM EST for a moment of collective mourning as we remember each of the 1300+ precious lives
taken by the recent Hamas terrorist attacks.This Community Shiva Memorial Service is more than an event; it is an opportunity to unite and share in our pain and collective sorrow.

If possible, we kindly ask that you have a candle on hand during the memorial service.
We will light our candles together as a symbol of unity and remembrance.

Upon completing your registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link for the event.

(this is a free event)

Jewish law of sitting Shiva: Shiva is the seven day mourning period we observe for the deceased (parent, child, spouse) at which time we pray for the soul of the deceased to be elevated to heaven. We light a candle to symbolize the soul.
I have had the honor of sitting shiva for many dear friends - thank you for this opportunity

“Amiram Cooper 85, and his wife Nurit, 80, were taken from their home in Kibbutz Nir Oz, their daughter-in-law Noa told the BBC. The family last spoke to the couple on Saturday morning during the attack, Noa said, when the couple were in their safe room. The family later traced Amiram's phone to Gaza. Noa said the couple are without their medicines.”

Amiram and Nurit Cooper, pictured with their granddaughter, Gali

Eta:

Here’s an example of phone tracking I mentioned upstream.

“Channah Peri, 79, and her son Nadav Popplewell, 51, were taken hostage by Hamas, said Channah's daughter Ayelet Svatitzky, who was speaking to them on the phone when the gunmen burst in. She said the militants sent pictures of her two relatives, who both have diabetes, with armed men in the background.”

Last edited:
Dear God,,,I watched that video too. To bear witness.
I don't have words.

I have had to be careful, taking in what I can emotionally.
I was in a car accident last Thursday...I ran a red light, my fault. I simply wasn't "present", all this horror foremost in my thoughts.

I follow here, as much as I can.
We all need to know, the world needs to know.

I watched, too. To bear witness.

“Amiram Cooper 85, and his wife Nurit, 80, were taken from their home in Kibbutz Nir Oz, their daughter-in-law Noa told the BBC. The family last spoke to the couple on Saturday morning during the attack, Noa said, when the couple were in their safe room. The family later traced Amiram's phone to Gaza. Noa said the couple are without their medicines.”

Amiram and Nurit Cooper, pictured with their granddaughter, Gali

Eta:

Here’s an example of phone tracking I mentioned upstream.
But are their phones staying with them? Or does someone else (Hamas) have them?

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Fears for civilians as 'next stages' of Gaza attack loom (cnn.com)
11 min ago

Israel will start "significant military operations" only once civilians have left, IDF says​

Israel will start "significant military operations" in Gaza only once they see that civilians have left, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson told CNN.

"The important thing here to focus on is that we will commence significant military operations only once we see that civilians have left the area," Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said.

"It's really important that people in Gaza know we've been very, very generous with the time. We have given ample warning, more than 25 hours... I cannot stress more than enough to say now is the time for Gazans to leave.

"Take your belongings, go south. Preserve your life, and do not fall into the trap that Hamas is setting up for you."

More than half of Gaza’s 2 million residents live in the northern section that Israel has told to evacuate. Many families, some of whom were already internally displaced, are now crammed into an even smaller portion of the 140-square-mile territory.

Tens of thousands of Palestinians have been fleeing south through the battered streets of Gaza after the Israeli military told them to leave northern areas of the densely populated strip.

Parts of the south are becoming even more crowded and overstretched, Gazans say, as waves of Palestinians abandon their homes in the wake of Israel’s statement, ahead of an anticipated ground assault by the IDF.

According to Conricus, the area around the Gaza Strip is densely packed with "hundreds of thousands of Israeli reserve units" that are preparing for various missions.

"The challenge and the mission is to have all of those more than 360,000 reservists both in the south and in the north, get them mission ready, equipped, prepared, task-forced, and ready for any assignments they will have in the future," he said.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Fears for civilians as 'next stages' of Gaza attack loom (cnn.com)
22 min ago

Hostages 'most likely held underground,' IDF says​

Israel's top priority is to rescue hostages from Gaza, despite the difficulties involved in fighting in a densely populated urban area, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson has told CNN.

Pointing to Hamas' "elaborate network of tunnels," Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said the hostages are "most likely held underground in various locations."

"It is extremely difficult for any modern military to fight in such a dense urban area," he said.
"We know that Hamas has an elaborate network of tunnels both for defensive and offensive purposes, which will for sure, compound the complexity of fighting and we are prepared for that," he said.

"Fighting will be slow. Advances will be slow, and we will be cautious, but we are very determined to get to the Hamas terrorists that currently are hiding underneath our civilians in the tunnel system that they have."

Conricus said operations and raids that were conducted a day and a half ago recovered "some useful intelligence," but no bodies of Israelis who were taken have been recovered.

The IDF will not target civilians, Conricus said.

"But again, we must remember... we are going to fight a ruthless enemy that has no problems using everything available... civilians as human shields and using civilian infrastructure for military purposes," he added.

A main aim for the IDF is to "totally dismantle (Hamas') military capabilities," according to Conricus.

22 min ago

Hostages 'most likely held underground,' IDF says​

Israel's top priority is to rescue hostages from Gaza, despite the difficulties involved in fighting in a densely populated urban area, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson has told CNN.

Pointing to Hamas' "elaborate network of tunnels," Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said the hostages are "most likely held underground in various locations."

"It is extremely difficult for any modern military to fight in such a dense urban area," he said.
"We know that Hamas has an elaborate network of tunnels both for defensive and offensive purposes, which will for sure, compound the complexity of fighting and we are prepared for that," he said.

Conricus said operations and raids that were conducted a day and a half ago recovered "some useful intelligence," but no bodies of Israelis who were taken have been recovered.

The IDF will not target civilians, Conricus said.

A main aim for the IDF is to "totally dismantle (Hamas') military capabilities," according to Conricus.

Yeah, that’s what I figured, as I mentioned.

7:51 am

IDF says it killed Hamas commander who led murderous attacks on Nirim, Nir Oz

The Israel Defense Forces says it has killed another commander in Hamas’s commando forces, who led the murderous attacks on the southern communities of Nirim and Nir Oz last weekend.

The IDF says Billal al-Qedra, the commander of the so-called Nukhba unit’s southern Khan Younis battalion, was killed in an airstrike following intelligence efforts by the Shin Bet security agency and Military Intelligence Directorate.

“He was responsible for the murderous raid in Kibbutz Nirim and Nir Oz,” the IDF says.
Several more Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorists were killed in airstrikes overnight in the Gaza Strip, the IDF says.

The IDF says it hit more than 100 targets overnight, including Hamas command centers, military compounds, dozens of rocket launchers, anti-tank missile launch posts and observation posts; and Islamic Jihad command centers.

“Jordan Roman-Gat, a 36-year-old German-Israeli citizen, was kidnapped with her husband and young child by Hamas from Be'eri, a kibbutz in southern Israel. She, her husband Alon, and three-year-old Gefen escaped when the car briefly stopped, but Jordan became separated from the others, relatives told CNN, adding they fear she may have been recaptured.”

A photo of Jordan Roman-Gat, her husband Alon and three-year-old daughter Gefen, smiling as the child holds up a giraffe glove puppet
IMAGE SOURCE, MAYA ROMAN
Image caption,
Jordan Roman-Gat escaped Hamas militants with husband Alon and daughter Gefen but went missing during the chase

Egypt has good reason to prevent a soft invasion from Gaza.

"The Egyptian army has deployed enforcement across the border with the besieged Gaza Strip as the ongoing Israeli war on Hamas entered its seventh day.

Tribal sources in North Sinai province told The New Arab that the Egyptian army had intensified its presence in Rafah city and around the border crossing with Gaza, the Palestinian strips’ only connection to the outside world, as aircraft have since been hovering around the area.

"The only justification for such military presence is to hinder any attempts of Palestinians to illegally infiltrate Egypt as conspiracy theories about Egypt giving up part of Sinai to Gazans to build their own country have recently resurfaced," a security expert told TNA on condition of anonymity."

Israel Gaza live news: Israel says military preparing to attack Gaza by 'air, sea and land' - BBC News
Posted at 21:4521:45

'I'm totally helpless' - husband of new mother missing since Hamas attacks​

d0628066-651d-4888-95f7-debbb38ae9fa.jpg
Celine Ben David Nagar pictured with her husband Ido and their baby daughter Ellie.

Last Sunday morning, Celine Ben David Nagar should have been getting ready for her first day back at work after six happy months on maternity leave.

Instead, she was thought to be somewhere inside Gaza, in the hands of Hamas, and her family was 24 hours into a nightmare that is now a week long.

Celine, 32, had set out early on Saturday morning with two friends to attend the Nova music festival in southern Israel, but they turned back when they heard rockets ahead.

The group found their way to a public bomb shelter near Sderot and hid. It was from there, at 07:11, that Celine sent her final message to Ido, her husband and the father of their baby daughter, Ellie.

"Soldiers are coming," Celine wrote. "God, it was a mistake to come here."

Read more here.

As part of the extensive IAF strikes of senior operatives and terror infrastructure in the Gaza Strip, the IDF and ISA killed the Nukhba commander of the forces in southern Khan Yunis, who was responsible for the Kibbutz Nirim massacre

Following ISA intelligence, IAF fighter jets operated in the Gaza Strip and killed Billal Al Kedra last night, the Nukhba commander of the forces in southern Khan Yunis, who’s responsible for the Kibbutz Nirim massacre. Hamas and Islamic Jihad terror operatives were also killed

The IAF also struck over one hundred military targets located in Zaytun, Khan Yunis, and west Jabaliya. These strikes impacted the capabilities of the Hamas terrorist organization, by targeting its operational command centers, military compounds, dozens of launchers, anti-tank-

missile launch posts and observation posts. Furthermore, operational command centers belonging to the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization were struck.

“Yaffa Adar, 85, was kidnapped from a kibbutz close to the border with Gaza. Her granddaughter Adva found a video of her being taken to Gaza, surrounded by four armed men.”

A still from a video showing 85-year-old Yaffa Adar being transported in a golf cart by armed men
IMAGE SOURCE, FACEBOOK
Image caption,
Yaffa Adar was filmed being transported in a golf cart by a group of armed men

Yaffa, in the full footage, as she was being paraded through Gaza iirc…her expression has stuck with me.

It’s almost like she maybe has a smile/proud face, idk how to explain it, maybe like you can’t break me.

—-

Eta: “Calm,”. That’s what it is, she looks calm to me.

The Israeli military said it is preparing a “wide range” of offensive plans “for the next stages of the war, with an emphasis on significant ground operations,” though it has not provided a concrete indication of when the assault would start. A U.S. evacuation deal to allow American citizens to leave Gaza via the Rafah border into Egypt during a small window on Saturday faltered after Palestinian and Egyptian officials failed to communicate, The Washington Post reported. The humanitarian situation in Gaza is “fast becoming untenable,”

• The Hamas attack killed at least 1,300 people in Israel and injured about 3,300, authorities said. Palestinian officials said 2,215 people in Gaza have been killed and more than 8,700 wounded in Israeli strikes.

Gaza residents flee south as Israel prepares for ‘next stages of war’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members