Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Yaffa Adar, 85, was kidnapped from a kibbutz close to the border with Gaza. Her granddaughter Adva found a video of her being taken to Gaza, surrounded by four armed men.”

A still from a video showing 85-year-old Yaffa Adar being transported in a golf cart by armed men
IMAGE SOURCE, FACEBOOK
Image caption,
Yaffa Adar was filmed being transported in a golf cart by a group of armed men

Yaffa, in the full footage, as she was being paraded through Gaza iirc…her expression has stuck with me.

It’s almost like she maybe has a smile/proud face, idk how to explain it, maybe like you can’t break me.
How many armed punks does it take to guard a harmless elder?

Release of hostages would be a good first step. Change of government in Gaza is a mandatory second step.

link
BBM. It is impossible to dictate a change in government if the government is based on horrific terrorism. Diplomacy has repeatedly failed.

I believe Israel's goal in this war is to drive the Hamas-supporting population out of Gaza. The destruction of infrastructure will make it uninhabitable, and the rebuilding will be cost prohibitive.

JMO

Evacuation orders by Israel to hospitals in northern Gaza are a death sentence for the sick and injured

14 October 2023 – As the United Nation’s agency responsible for public health, the World Health Organization (WHO) strongly condemns Israel's repeated orders for the evacuation of 22 hospitals treating more than 2000 inpatients in northern Gaza. The forced evacuation of patients and health workers will further worsen the current humanitarian and public health catastrophe.

The lives of many critically ill and fragile patients hang in the balance: those in intensive care or who rely on life support; patients undergoing hemodialysis; newborns in incubators; women with complications of pregnancy, and others all face imminent deterioration of their condition or death if they are forced to move and are cut off from life-saving medical attention while being evacuated.

Related links​

Lifesaving WHO health supplies land in Egypt for people-in-need in Gaza

WHO pleads for immediate reversal of Gaza evacuation order to protect health and reduce suffering

Hospitals in the Gaza Strip at a breaking point, warns WHO

October 2023 emergency situation reports

Occupied Palestinian territory website

WHO

“Shiri, Yarden, Ariel and Kfir Bibas are believed to have been abducted from the kibbutz in southern Israel where they lived and where Shiri was a kindergarten teacher. Shiri was pictured holding Ariel, aged 3, and 9-month-old Kfir, surrounded by Hamas militants.”

Shiri and her two children being taken away
IMAGE SOURCE, TELEGRAM
Image caption,
Shiri Bibas and her two young children being taken away by Hamas militants

The stress alone could kill those elderly.
:mad:
Cruel and vicious to take them captive.
And those little children & all of the rest who weren't doing a thing wrong.
They were not the ones attacking.

I wish there could be a miracle and they'd be rescued.
I don't think they will be released.
Omo.

Evacuation orders by Israel to hospitals in northern Gaza are a death sentence for the sick and injured

14 October 2023 – As the United Nation’s agency responsible for public health, the World Health Organization (WHO) strongly condemns Israel's repeated orders for the evacuation of 22 hospitals treating more than 2000 inpatients in northern Gaza. The forced evacuation of patients and health workers will further worsen the current humanitarian and public health catastrophe.

The lives of many critically ill and fragile patients hang in the balance: those in intensive care or who rely on life support; patients undergoing hemodialysis; newborns in incubators; women with complications of pregnancy, and others all face imminent deterioration of their condition or death if they are forced to move and are cut off from life-saving medical attention while being evacuated.

Related links​

Lifesaving WHO health supplies land in Egypt for people-in-need in Gaza

WHO pleads for immediate reversal of Gaza evacuation order to protect health and reduce suffering

Hospitals in the Gaza Strip at a breaking point, warns WHO

October 2023 emergency situation reports

Occupied Palestinian territory website

WHO
I'm wondering what happens if they stay put. Israel can't guarantee their safety, imo. It's a bad situation.

Oh geez. I wish China would just stay out of it. They've done enough damage in Ukraine. What negotiating table is that again? :rolleyes:

7min ago

China: Israel’s actions in Gaza have gone ‘beyond the scope of self-defense’

Israel’s actions in Gaza have gone “beyond the scope of self-defense” and the Israeli government must “cease its collective punishment of the people of Gaza,” China’s foreign minister Wang Yi says.

Wang, who made the comments on a call to his Saudi Arabian counterpart Prince Faisal bin Farhan on Saturday, said “all parties should not take any action to escalate the situation and should return to the negotiating table as soon as possible,” according to a foreign ministry readout.

Oh geez. I wish China would just stay out of it. They've done enough damage in Ukraine. What negotiating table is that again? :rolleyes:

7min ago

China: Israel’s actions in Gaza have gone ‘beyond the scope of self-defense’

Israel’s actions in Gaza have gone “beyond the scope of self-defense” and the Israeli government must “cease its collective punishment of the people of Gaza,” China’s foreign minister Wang Yi says.

Wang, who made the comments on a call to his Saudi Arabian counterpart Prince Faisal bin Farhan on Saturday, said “all parties should not take any action to escalate the situation and should return to the negotiating table as soon as possible,” according to a foreign ministry readout.
China's another one with room to talk...

Dear God,,,I watched that video too. To bear witness.
I don't have words.

I have had to be careful, taking in what I can emotionally.
I was in a car accident last Thursday...I ran a red light, my fault. I simply wasn't "present", all this horror foremost in my thoughts.

I follow here, as much as I can.
We all need to know, the world needs to know.
I watched part of it; then had to 'nope' out of there.
How is Hamas any different than Isis or the cartels ?
Answer : They're not.
Imo.

Sorry to hear about your car accident, @whitelilac :eek: :(
Hope you're doing o.k. and please take care of yourself !

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Fears for civilians as 'next stages' of Gaza attack loom (cnn.com)
15 min ago

Palestinian Water Authority warns Gaza very low on supplies​

The Palestinian Water Authority has warned that water supplies in Gaza are running very low because of the destruction of generating capacity.

It said Saturday that before the conflict began, 262,000 cubic meters of water were being drawn from wells daily. Now that figure is 14,000 cubic meters, and there is an urgent need for fuel to provide more water, it said.

The shortages are throughout Gaza, according to the water authority.

There is an urgent need for 14,000 liters of fuel per day, which would provide around 130,000 cubic meters of water, it added.

The United Nations Office for Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said Saturday that most people in Gaza now had no access to water.

"As a last resort, people are consuming brackish water from agricultural wells, triggering serious concerns about the spread of waterborne diseases," it said.

Gaza hospital refuses to evacuate patients despite deadline extension​

The Israeli military extended the evacuation deadline for Gaza City’s main hospital by an additional 10 hours Saturday as a ground invasion targeting Hamas terrorists loomed — but medics there refused to budge.

The Palestine Red Crescent Society “cannot evacuate the hospital,” the group said in a defiant statement publicizing its intent to ignore the new deadline of 9 a.m. ET.

“Al Quds Hospital is offering life-saving services to a large number of Palestinian patients and wounded … in addition to hundreds of civilians who took refuge” there, the PRCS added.

The Red Crescent is a humanitarian aid organization that operates as part of the Red Cross.

more:Gaza hospital refuses to evacuate patients despite deadline extension

I wonder if Hamas will not them leave because of what is under it or who may be in it.

The Israeli military extended the evacuation deadline for Gaza City’s main hospital by an additional 10 hours Saturday as a ground invasion targeting Hamas terrorists loomed — but medics there refused to budge.

The Palestine Red Crescent Society “cannot evacuate the hospital,” the group said in a defiant statement publicizing its intent to ignore the new deadline of 9 a.m. ET.

“Al Quds Hospital is offering life-saving services to a large number of Palestinian patients and wounded … in addition to hundreds of civilians who took refuge” there, the PRCS added.

The Red Crescent is a humanitarian aid organization that operates as part of the Red Cross.

I wonder if Hamas will not them leave because of what is under it or who may be in it.
BBM.
This ! ^^^
Ita 100 %.

I've been wondering that, too.

“Carmella and Noya Dan with Ofer, Erez and Sahar Calderon were taken prisoner in Nir Oz, a kibbutz next to Gaza where they lived. A video on social media appeared to show 12-year-old Erez being taken by gunmen towards Gaza, their relative Ido Dan told the BBC, who said he also feared for the health of 80-year-old Carmella without her medication.”

Erez and Sahar Kalderon
IMAGE SOURCE, IDO DAN
Image caption,
Erez (L) and Sahar Kalderon (R) are among the members of one family who were abducted from the Nir Oz kibbutz

Israel-Hamas war live: US moves second aircraft carrier to ...

5 hours ago · Iran warned Israel of a “huge earthquake” of resistance if it ceased to halt its “war crimes” against Gaza, as Israeli air raids killed more than 320 Palestinians in one day.

• The US aircraft carrier USS Dwight D Eisenhower and strike group joins the USS Gerald R Ford carrier, which has already arrived in Mediterranean, in a show of support for Israel.
  • Israel’s military expressed readiness to expand its war on Gaza with “coordinated attacks from the air, sea and land”.
Screenshot 2023-10-15 12.32.19 AM.png

How many armed punks does it take to guard a harmless elder?

Israeli Kibbutz Grandma? Who knows, she could be hard core military gal, who can kill with one hand tied behind her back. I wouldn't underestimate her. These guys have probably learned the hard way.

Seriously. Defense is something tevery single Israeli learns practically from birth. Read the biography of Golda Mier, former Israeli Prime Minister and Mossad agent.

Well then they are voluntarily allowing Hamas to use them as human shields. They have made their choice to support terrorists and are taking the sick and injured with them.

How extremely disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members