Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
7min ago

‘We’re celebrating Noa, but only a picture of her is here’: Parents of hostage mark her birthday

The parents of Noa Argamani share the experience of celebrating the 23rd birthday of their daughter who was taken hostage by Hamas terrorists into Gaza last week.

“We’re celebrating Noa, but only a picture of her is present,” her father Yaakov tells Channel 12.

On Saturday, her family shared harrowing footage of her abduction in southern Israel.

The video shows her being taken away on the back of a motorcycle by Hamas terrorists as she screams “Don’t kill me” and stretches her arms out to her boyfriend, Avi Natan, who is also being held by Hamas operatives. They were both attending a festival in the south.

Since then, a video of Argamani was released on social media showing her drinking water in captivity.

Her father tells Channel 12 that he hopes her captors “have a heart” and won’t hurt his daughter.
I'd wager that Hamas will be even more brutal to the men , but since they did not hesitate to slaughter infants...
So sorry for Noa and her boyfriend, Avi -- and their terrified families !

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for unapproved source, some response also removed>

this is terrorism and nobody expect terrorists should support that ideology. Most of the "pro" rallies are likely being organized by people that have no idea what terrorism even is.. the harsh true reality of it.. it isn't fighting the good fight and they aren't fighting for a "cause" to 'help" people.. it's all about destruction, chaos, power, barbaric acts committed on the truly innocent. Nothing heroic about any of it.

I realize every group has those that go rouge or who commit acts that go against what the group stands for, but Hamas and other terrorists groups only missions is the evil acts. They don't bring peace or good to anyone. The leaders live it up while the people they are "fighting for" live without hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
now

Putin: Israel is replying 'with quite cruel methods' to Hamas attack​

Russian president Vladimir Putin has criticised Israel for using “quite cruel methods” in its response to the Hamas attacks at the weekend.

Speaking during a visit to Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan, Reuters reports Putin said Russia understood the “logic of events” in the Middle East, but “Israel is replying on a large scale and also with quite cruel methods.”

“In my view it is unacceptable,” Putin said. “More than two million people live there. Far from all of them support Hamas by the way, far from all. But all of them have to suffer, including women and children. Of course it’s hard for anyone to agree with this.”

Earlier, Putin said that an Israeli ground offensive in Gaza would lead to an “absolutely unacceptable” number of civilian casualties, and he reiterated his call for the crisis to be resolved by negotiation, saying Russia could help because it has relations with both sides.

The UN has recorded 27,149 civilian casualties, including 9,614 deaths, inside Ukraine since Putin’s Russia launched its full-scale invasion of in February 2022.

Israeli army fires towards Lebanon after explosion at border fence​

The Israel Defense Forces say an explosion caused "light damage" to a security fence on Israel's border with Lebanon, near the northern kibbutz of Hanita. Its troops are "responding with artillery fire toward Lebanese territory," the IDF said in a statement.

"Additionally, an alert was activated concerning the infiltration of terrorists into the community. IDF soldiers are currently searching the area."

There are fears a new front could open up in the war if Lebanese Shia movement Hezbollah decides to get involved and attack Israel in support of its Palestinian allies.

now

Putin: Israel is replying 'with quite cruel methods' to Hamas attack​

Russian president Vladimir Putin has criticised Israel for using “quite cruel methods” in its response to the Hamas attacks at the weekend.

Speaking during a visit to Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan, Reuters reports Putin said Russia understood the “logic of events” in the Middle East, but “Israel is replying on a large scale and also with quite cruel methods.”

“In my view it is unacceptable,” Putin said. “More than two million people live there. Far from all of them support Hamas by the way, far from all. But all of them have to suffer, including women and children. Of course it’s hard for anyone to agree with this.”

Earlier, Putin said that an Israeli ground offensive in Gaza would lead to an “absolutely unacceptable” number of civilian casualties, and he reiterated his call for the crisis to be resolved by negotiation, saying Russia could help because it has relations with both sides.

The UN has recorded 27,149 civilian casualties, including 9,614 deaths, inside Ukraine since Putin’s Russia launched its full-scale invasion of in February 2022.

Isn't that a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? I don't think they need Putin's help...(jmo)

I see a lot of comments stating that: if Gaza City citizens refuse to evacuate to South of the Gaza River, and they are caught in war crossfire, Israel is to blame.

How does that compute? Why would Israel be responsible for injury to people who choose to remain in a war zone during an active war? Are the people of Gaza City so helpless that they cannot make their own decisions? Israel told them to leave, they choose to remain, and someone else is responsible for their choices?

It strikes me as people turning themselves into pretzels to find another reason to blame Israel for decisions that are out of their control.

Where do they expect these people to go? Mostly women and children. Egypt doesn't want them. It would be like telling the city of San Francisco to empty out. Where would they go?
It's war. Israel is warning civilians to get out of the way, but after that, it's not really something Israel is responsible for. Not at the moment, anyway.

War is hell. Nothing about it is good or easy (not suggesting anyone thinks it is, of course).

I wonder if ships could be used as housing? idk

jmo

I see a lot of comments stating that: if Gaza City citizens refuse to evacuate to South of the Gaza River, and they are caught in war crossfire, Israel is to blame.

How does that compute? Why would Israel be responsible for injury to people who chose to remain in a war zone during an active war? Are the people of Gaza City so helpless that they cannot make their own decisions? Israel told them to leave, they choose to remain, and someone else is responsible for their choices?

It strikes me as people turning themselves into pretzels to find another reason to blame Israel for decisions that are out of their control.
I'm sure those being asked to evacuate Gaza would like more time to plan, options of places to go, etc. (Wouldn't we all?!) But as others have said, there's simply no time, and options are limited. It is what it is...no offense intended.

"Escape from Gaza.
'The scale of the impact will be huge'.

Some foreign media reported that the time for evacuation was only 24 hours. Following these reports, there was panic in Gaza City.
Admiral Daniel Hagari, one of the Israeli Defense Forces' spokesman, explained that the military would provide adequate time for the evacuation.
Meanwhile, Hamas called on the population to stay at home.

Israel called up 700,000 troops within a week, which means it has an army of similar size to that of Ukraine, which is at war with Russia.
The IDF has much greater firepower than the Ukrainians.

In Gaza, you can expect a network of tunnels and bunkers, and compact settlements connected by passages carved into the walls.

Israel has the most excellent studies on urban combat.
It also has veterans from the 35th Airborne Brigade, who were always the first to launch such operations.

The soldiers will probably not engage in shootings with Hamas, but every point of resistance will be destroyed from the air.

What will Hamas do?

The military official referred to possible Hamas tactics during the Israeli offensive. -
'I think that the elite and staff of the organization will disperse among civilians in order to survive.
Selected fighters will be sacrificed so that the propaganda message about Hamas' fight is spread to the world.
The hatred in Gaza is such that ordinary people will take up weapons to defend their homes' , says a military expert.

'Israelis can enter Gaza with negligible losses.

But staying there and occupying it is something completely different.

It will be like in Iraq, constant losses, many dead and wounded'."

From my country's MSM

''CONTENT WARNING: This story contains intense and graphic depictions of war that may not be suitable for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

RAMAT GAN, Israel -- When Hamas militants set their home ablaze, Evyatar Hogeg's sister and her husband huddled around their one-year-old baby to protect her from burns.

"They both hugged her," Hogeg told CTV News from the Shiba Medical Centre near Tel Aviv, where his sister's family are now all being treated. "That's why you see the burns on their backs, on their hands and where exactly they sheltered the little baby."

The family were attacked in their home in Kibbutz Kfar Azza, a small Israeli community just five kilometres east of the Gaza Strip. The village now lies in charred ruins after the surprise Saturday morning attack by Hamas militants. During a tour, the Associated Press described a grisly scene of rubble, blood and bodies that unfolded house-by-house until the village was retaken by Israeli forces on Monday.''

"Seeing the baby…" Hogeg said, trailing off. "They had been cooked alive in that shelter for pretty long."

''Hogeg says his sister is a physician and would have known to stay low in order to breathe. When the heat and smoke became unbearable, they escaped the house covered in burns and took shelter where they could. Hours later, Hogeg received a call when the family was located.

After being airlifted to hospital, all three are now anaesthetized, on ventilators and in stable condition in the hospital's burn unit. Because of her parents' actions, the baby's burns are mostly confined to her hands and legs.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member