Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to see the word 'they' in this context. IMO, most people, everywhere, are just trying to live happy lives given the hand they've been dealt in life. That is why millions of Palestinians just want to get to safety. If they really hated Israel and Jewish people they would stay and fight.

JMO
I think it is important to note if they (meaning the children going to school in Gaza) are being exclusively taught that Israel is bad or wishes to harm them, then this isn't any fault of the children. It is indoctrination, which is what the OP was saying. Kids don't have a choice of what they learn in school. What is taught is taught and if there is no alternative, no chance for them to leave Gaza to see for themselves that what they have learned is not true, then the generation that is now of the age to join Hamas and fight very likely didn't have a chance to learn a different way. If all they have been told is there is no peace, there is no life outside this one, life IS about destroying Israel then that's scary.

11:23 pm

FBI notes increased threats against both Jewish and Muslim communities since Hamas assault

FBI officials say they’ve noticed an increase in threatening rhetoric targeting both the Jewish and Muslim communities in the week since the brutal Hamas attacks in Israel.

Director Chris Wray says on a call with reporters that the FBI is moving quickly to mitigate the threats and that the FBI does not discount the possibility that Hamas and other groups could exploit the conflict in the Middle East to call for or plot attacks in the United States.

A senior FBI official who spoke on condition of anonymity under ground rules set by the bureau says the majority of the threats that the FBI has responded to were not judged to be credible. But the official said the FBI takes them all seriously nonetheless.

The official also said that agents have been encouraged to be “aggressive” and proactive in communicating over the last week with faith-based leaders. The official said the purpose of that outreach is not to make anyone feel targeted but rather to ask clerics and others to report to law enforcement anything that seems suspicious.

Besides responding to an escalating number of threats, Wray said the FBI was also working through its legal attache office in Tel Aviv to do what it can to locate and identify Americans who remain unaccounted for after last weekend’s attacks.

I don't like to see the word 'they' in this context. IMO, most people, everywhere, are just trying to live happy lives given the hand they've been dealt in life. That is why millions of Palestinians just want to get to safety. If they really hated Israel and Jewish people they would stay and fight.

JMO

This has actually been a problem for decades. Palestinian textbooks teach hate for Jews and other “infidels,” glamorize terrorists as martyrs and so on.

These Hamas terrorists were once little boys in school being indoctrinated this way.
It’s even in coloring books for the smallest children.

From the link:
IMG_7649.jpeg
This is from an Israeli newspaper but the story is about the EU trying to stop the indoctrination.

Last edited:
Israel-Hamas war live updates: Gaza still in dire crisis as Israel readies attack by ‘air, sea and land’ (nbcnews.com)
3m ago / 1:31 PM PDT

Foreign national Palestinians can cross from Gaza to Egypt starting tomorrow, Palestinian Embassy says​

Foreign national Palestinians will be able to cross the border into Egypt starting at 9 a.m. local time, at which time humanitarian aid will also begin crossing into Gaza, according to Kamel Khatib, a representative for the Embassy of Palestine.
Yay!!!

From the last thread (I can’t seem to find that feature to insert quote from previous thread, how do I do that again, hand-quoting)

fred&edna said:
Are ground operations (such as this) best done in darkness or daylight??

DS2021 said:
I feel like i wouldnt want to navigate a city full of hostiles in the pitch dark

margarita25 said:
A long time ago while talking about self defense with an Israeli soldier, (I swear lol), I was told that one effective method/weapon IDF is famous for/knows how to use and implement is the weapon of “light”. I learned that at night, if a predator approaches, a very bright flash of light right up in the face of the attacker can be quite effective. Ever since then I have always carried a big camping flash light thing and have practiced the maneuver.

Not that this answers the great question of whether they will choose to invade in the darkness or light lol. They would presumably have night goggles, etc. of course, but I would think the ground invasion would occur in both the hours of darkness and light, as who knows how long this ground invasion will last.

Just wanted to share about IDF and their known use of “light” as a weapon. I’m curious now what kind of documentation exists about this specifically, if any.

Inthedetails said:
Light as a defense is super interesting (on many levels). Thanks for sharing that and giving some food for thought.

dotr said:

1697372349653.png

''. Its fan cooled light head produces near 10000 lumen of a spot light beam reaching a tactical visual range of 800m

It is offered also in white light to invisible IR version

In strobe light mode it will act as a non lethal weapon and can be used in road blocks to stop coming traffic,

Rigid structure, IP67 and a long run time at full power , makes the Destroyer a favorite among border patrol and elite forces world wide.'

Wow, @dotr . You are amazing as always, THANK YOU for taking the time to look that up and post that amazing WSJ video about the Iron Beam! That is fascinating, and it was interesting to see its capabilities, advantages and limitations. Interesting BIden has been working on this project with them, and that other countries are into this as well.

———

ETA:

Dotta said:
"Israel reaches for Iron Beam. This is a weapon that is the envy of the world.

The Israel Defense Forces have decided to accelerate the deployment of the Iron Beam laser air defense system.
The solution developed by the Israeli arms company Rafael uses a 100 kW laser beam to destroy a wide range of targets.
The Israelis can use it to defend against incoming Hamas rockets.

Iron Beam is a weapon that, according to Israel's plans, is to complement the anti-missile shield known as Iron Dome.

The main task of this laser air defense system is to intercept a wide range of threats.
Its manufacturer, the arms company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, mentions, among others, artillery shells, mortar ammunition, or drones.
It also informs that Iron Beam is able to eliminate threats located at a distance of several hundred meters to up to 7 km.

How does Iron Dome destroy enemy targets?

It is enough to illuminate them with a 100-kilowatt laser beam for about four seconds.

In March 2022, the Israeli Ministry of Defense reported that Iron Beam had successfully shot down drones, rockets, mortars and anti-tank missiles.
It added that the maneuvers were carried out in difficult and demanding conditions.
Naftali Bennett, the acting prime minister of Israel at the time, wrote on Twitter:

'This is the world's first energy-based weapons system that uses a laser to shoot down incoming unmanned aerial vehicles, rockets and mortars at a cost of $3.50 per shot'.

It is possible that its costs had a decisive influence on the decision to implement Iron Beam sooner. Initially, the Israel Defense Forces planned to do this in 2025, but the current situation has changed these plans.

Defense Industry Europe also draws attention to the costs associated with the operation of Iron Beam, emphasizing that such a solution provides a significant cost advantage over traditional air defense systems.

As the website explains, each Iron Beam shot costs just a few dollars, and 'the estimated cost of the Tamir interceptor missile used by the Iron Dome air defense system is $40,000-50,000'.

Iron Beam is designed to work with a wide variety of radars and can be mounted on vehicles.
A naval version has also been created, which we reported not so long ago.

Israel assumed that the combat laser created by Rafael, when integrated with the country's multi-layer air defense system, would fully protect its territory and enable the Israel Defense Forces to neutralize threats using the laser beam.

However,
Defense Industry Europe points out that currently the army and the manufacturer of these weapons have the only prototype laser stations.
Therefore, they will be used to protect places and facilities most vulnerable to attacks."

1697379022208.png

Izraelczycy sięgają po Iron Beam. To broń, której zazdrości im świat

And there it is! Points for @dotr!

So the WSJ video talks about the Iron Beam’s limitations during certain weather conditions (and short range…note to talk about that later, reminder to self something about a ship and beam)…Anyway, the video iirc specifically mentioned limitations during the colder months of “November” and “December”. Going to watch this video again, iirc it was posted around a year ago. So yeah, here we are with November and December right around the corner.

Note to to do some detailed weather research on the region because that may contribute to certain things going forward, as indicated in the WSJ Iron Beam video.

Last edited:
11:34 pm

UN’s Guterres calls on Hamas to immediately and unconditionally release all hostages

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres calls on Hamas to immediately and unconditionally release all hostages and on Israel to grant “rapid and unimpeded access for humanitarian aid” into the Gaza Strip.

“Each one of these two objectives is valid in themselves. They should not become bargaining chips and they must be implemented because it is the right thing to do,” he says.

“Gaza is running out of water, electricity and other essential supplies. The UN has stocks available of food, water, non-food items, medical supplies and fuel, located in Egypt, Jordan, the West Bank and Israel. These goods can be dispatched within hours. To ensure delivery, our selfless staff on the ground, along with NGO partners, need to be able to bring these supplies into and throughout Gaza safely, and without impediment to deliver to those in need,” Guterres adds in a statement.

A man stabbed a child to death and critically injured a woman in the southern suburbs on Saturday morning because they are Muslim, the Will County Sheriff's Office said on Sunday…

The child, stabbed 26 times, was transported in critical condition to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, the sheriff's office said. The woman was hospitalized in serious condition, and is expected to survive.

Czuba has been charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, two hate crime counts and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Czuba did not make any statements to detectives about his involvement in the attack, but detectives determined that he targeted the victims due to their Muslim identities and the ongoing Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and Israel.

He was their landlord. :mad:

Won't link his pic, but.......

@Vern Illinois is not a death penalty state.

I’m caught up in the last thread and about to start reading this one, but wanted to post some thoughts before I forget and get sidetracked.

We know that when we are investigating MP/murder cases, sometimes we have to get into the mind of the predator, for example if we’re trying to help find a body or find a perp like BG. It’s a hard thing to do, and a dark place to be.

With that being said, while trying to think like a Hamas terrorist under fire and holding hostages, (and also this is based on something else but I can’t remember what it is right now, brain is overloaded), I wonder if Hamas would choose to execute the elderly first, if they haven’t already. They have health issues, need medication, may be higher maintenance, and have less mobility. If they’re having to move the hostages, the elderly are going to be harder to transport. They’re going to take up extra space in perhaps limited spaces. Perhaps they have retained or will use them in their propaganda videos. Iirc from ISIS, sometimes they released those awful beheading videos after it actually occurred. Anyway, I’m thinking they might need to get rid of/abandon the weaker faster, especially if have to prioritize if they’re on the move.

As for the children, they are going to be easy to control (al though they probably have all of them under control, including the young and strong), but children take up less space, can be transported easily, and being children they are going to be an extra valuable bargaining tool - of course ALL the hostages of all ages are people and have value and everyone wants ALL of the hostages out, but in the mind of both parties, a step to “release one of/a few of the children” might/could come into play (or not).

Conversely, maybe Israel would also say the elderly need out as fast because they need their medications, etc.”.

Maybe it’ll (continue to) be an all or none approach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members