DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. :(

20min ago

NYC Club advertises ‘Intifada Fundraver’ with video of Hamas assault

A club in New York City is hosting an “Intifada Fundraver” tonight and is promoting the event with a video featuring a clip of Palestinians bulldozing through the Gaza border fence during the October 7 Hamas terror onslaught.

The End NYC says 100% of the proceeds raised from the party will be donated to the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund and the Medical Aid for Palestine NGOs.

Appears to be scheduled deployment.

NAVAL STATION NORFOLK — The crew of the USS Eisenhower (CVN 69) Carrier Strike Group is on the move. The carrier strike group, comprised of over 5,000 sailors, is getting underway as a part of a regularly scheduled deployment, though the war in Israel could alter the mission.

Israel vows to ‘destroy’ Hamas. What happens to Gaza at the war’s end?​

(Gifted article from Washington Post)

From above:

“The uneasy coexistence that Israel and Hamas have honed over 17 years — cycles of bloody escalation followed by periods of “economic peace,” in which Gazans could work in and export goods to Israel — is unlikely to survive the coming conflagration, experts said.

The images of Hamas infiltrators slaughtering Israeli families and kidnapping children ended that status quo. What will replace it is still impossible to predict.

“We haven’t seen this before,” said Chuck Freilich, a former Israeli deputy national security adviser. “This is not just another round with Hamas.”

Israel-Hamas war live: US sends second aircraft carrier ‘to deter hostile actions against Israel’; ground assault on Gaza looms (theguardian.com)
3m ago00.45 BST

'No clear evidence' that Iran behind Hamas attack on Israel, Biden said​

Biden also said there was “no clear evidence” that Iran had any involvement in Hamas’ attack on Israel, repeating what US officials have already said over the past week. He said:

Iran constantly supports Hamas and [Lebanon’s militant group] Hezbollah. I don’t mean that. But in terms of were they – did they have foreknowledge; did they help plan the attack, there’s no evidence of that at this point.

When asked what his message to Iran and Hezbollah was, he said, “Don’t. Don’t, don’t, don’t.” When asked to clarify whether that meant “don’t come across the border, don’t escalate the war”, he said: “that’s right”.

As stated yesterday, this Iran thing is extra concerning to me. And as an article posted upstream said, “Iran is the elephant in the room.”

With Russia and Ukraine, I was afraid it could escalate into a world war….while brutal and horrific for Ukraine, thankfully a lot didn’t quite pan out how I expected/feared, knock on wood.

But now I have those same concerns…

Last edited:
Israel-Hamas war live: US sends second aircraft carrier ‘to deter hostile actions against Israel’; ground assault on Gaza looms (theguardian.com)
12m ago00.55 BST

Hamas attack 'as consequential as the Holocaust," Biden says​

Asked whether it was time for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, Biden said there was a “a fundamental difference” between the Israelis killed in Hamas’ attack and the Palestinians killed in the Israeli counterattack. He said:

Israel is going after a group of people who have engaged in barbarism that is as consequential as the Holocaust. And so I think Israel has to respond.

They have to go after Hamas. Hamas is a bunch of cowards. They’re hiding behind the civilians. They put their headquarters where civilians are and buildings and the like. But to the extent they can separate out and avoi – I’m conf – the Israelis are gonna do everything in their power to avoid the killing of innocent civilians.

He said the US was talking to Israel about the establishment of a humanitarian corridor and “whether there could be a safe zone” in Gaza. The US was also talking to Egypt about whether women and children could be evacuated there, he said: “But it’s hard.”

Asked whether he agreed with Israel’s siege of the Gaza Strip, he replied:

I’m confident that Israel is going to act under the measure, the rules of war. There’s standards that democratic institutions and countries go by. And so I’m confident that there’s gonna be an ability for the innocents in Gaza to be able to have access to medicine and food and water.

If truly invited, it would be graceless to not accept.

Can you imagine the headlines? “Anti-Semite Biden Snubs Israel”

I would admire a leader who honored, well…..anything. But especially the request of a nation under attack to make a state visit. I know I wouldn’t have the strength or courage.

Considering the long-standing ties with Israel, this wouldn’t even be an option.

3m ago00.45 BST

'No clear evidence' that Iran behind Hamas attack on Israel, Biden said​

Biden also said there was “no clear evidence” that Iran had any involvement in Hamas’ attack on Israel, repeating what US officials have already said over the past week. He said:

When asked what his message to Iran and Hezbollah was, he said, “Don’t. Don’t, don’t, don’t.” When asked to clarify whether that meant “don’t come across the border, don’t escalate the war”, he said: “that’s right”.

IMO Biden is saying the right things, but what we really need is an orator of the caliber of Winston Churchill.

I don’t think we have anyone like that right now.

‘My small daughter is under attack': Palo Alto native brutally murdered in Israel, her father says​

A Bay Area-born woman was among those brutally murdered in Israel while trying to escape a music festival under attack by Hamas terrorists Saturday, according to her family.

Danielle Waldman, 24, was killed along with her boyfriend of six years, Noam Shay, her father Eyal Waldman said.

Waldman is the founder of a Silicon Valley tech company called Mellanox. He moved out of the U.S. in 2021 and now lives in Israel.

“Danielle was born in Palo Alto, California,” he said. “It’s a heartbreaking devastation, this is not a sorrow. This is something you understand will be with you for the rest of your life.”

Waldman was in Indonesia a week ago, when received calls telling him there was an attack on the south district of Israel. He knew Danielle and Noam were at the festival in that area.

He said, initially, the couple sent a message saying they were OK. But about 35 minutes later, Waldman says the family received an emergency accident call with a location of Danielle’s phone.

Waldman hopped on a plane back to Tel Aviv. He sought the help of an Israeli army general to take him inside a danger zone, determined to find his daughter.

Waldman eventually found the couple’s bullet-riddled car near the location where Danielle's phone pinged.

“They went south, not north because I think the north side was blocked, and then we seen three shells or trails of Kalashnikov shells in the back of the car,” Waldman said. “They had been shot from the back by probably three inhumane people.”

“My small daughter was there,” Waldman said as his voice broke. “I could not stay at home knowing that my small daughter is under attack.”

Danielle and Noam’s bodies were gone. A couple of days later, Waldman and his family would get the tragic confirmation. The couple’s bodies were among the thousand plus that were brought back from the south of the country and identified.

“It had two aspects, the first was a disaster,” said Waldman. “Our lives, everything about our lives, just changed and will change. At the same time it was a relief because I know I can stop looking for my daughter and being afraid that she’s hostage by those barbaric, inhumane creatures.”

Danielle and Noam met in the Israeli army. They lived together and had a dog. Waldman said they had just begun talking about marriage.

Now, the couple are buried next to each other, the family said. Though difficult, Waldman chooses to remember his free-spirited daughter the way she lived: a young woman with a zest for life and all the living beings in it.

more…‘My small daughter is under attack': Palo Alto native brutally murdered in Israel, her father says

22s ago

Israeli occupation of Gaza would be a 'big mistake', Biden warns​

An Israeli occupation of Gaza would be a big mistake, Biden said in his 60 Minutes interview. Asked whether he would support such a move, he said:

He said that he believed that Hamas must be eliminated entirely but added, “there needs to be a Palestinian authority. There needs to be a path to a Palestinian state.”

Asked whether he believed that Israel would pursue a two-state solution after Hamas’ attack Biden said:

3m ago

Biden 'confident' Israel will adhere to rules of war, warns Iran not to escalate conflict​

US President Joe Biden has said he is “confident” Israel will act under the rules of war in its conflict with Hamas, and added that deploying US troops would not be necessary, in an interview with 60 Minutes.

In comments reported by Reuters, Biden warned Iran not to escalate the conflict and said the US could “take care” of wars in both Ukraine and Israel while also maintaining its own defence.

He also said that while he believes Hamas must be eliminated entirely, there must be a path for a Palestinian state. And he cautioned that the threat of terrorism in the United States had increased due to unrest in the Middle East.

The 60 Minutes was excellent! Biden was very firm, very presidential and knows exactly what is going on. I am very impressed with the allies' united efforts toward diplomacy and humanitarian aid in Israel. Lesley Stahl interviewed a Israeli family that spent more than 10 hours in their "safe room" with their toddler daughters. Grandpa rescued them, not the Israeli military. That was their biggest criticism. They said there were hundreds of Hamas that invaded their Kibbutz and murdered so many residents over a period of hours. I had no idea the terrorism lasted for many hours.

JMO

Last edited:
After hours stranded in a safe room without food, water, phones, or electricity, the family heard a knock on the window and one of the little girls inside said: “grandpa is here.” Amir Tibon recalled, “That's the first time we started crying.” https://cbsn.ws/3FjWw5A

WOW, this is just an incredible story - a must read, IMO.

After hours stranded in a safe room without food, water, phones, or electricity, the family heard a knock on the window and one of the little girls inside said: “grandpa is here.” Amir Tibon recalled, “That's the first time we started crying.” https://cbsn.ws/3FjWw5A

The parents of those two little girls called them "heroes" for not making any sounds during those many hours. As Grandpa and Grandma sped toward the kibbutz, they saved the lives of several complete strangers along the way. At one check point, they were told to turn back. Instead, they hit 4-wheel drive in their Jeep and drove through fields.

JMO

Oct 15, 2023 #Israel #Gaza #Military
The Israeli military is amassing troops and equipment along the border for what it calls a coordinated attack by air, land and sea. Inside Gaza, a humanitarian crisis is growing as water, food, fuel and medical supplies are running out. NBC News’ Tom Llamas reports.

Oct 11, 2023
An Israeli woman is being hailed as a hero for preventing a Hamas invasion. Inbal Lieberman is a former member of the Israeli army. When she realized her kibbutz was coming under attack, she broke open the armory and handed out weapons. They killed two dozen terrorists in a four-hour gun battle. The mayor of Tel Aviv is praising her as a "heroine," saying "Thanks to her, dozens of lives were saved."

‘My small daughter is under attack': Palo Alto native brutally murdered in Israel, her father says​

A Bay Area-born woman was among those brutally murdered in Israel while trying to escape a music festival under attack by Hamas terrorists Saturday, according to her family.

Danielle Waldman, 24, was killed along with her boyfriend of six years, Noam Shay, her father Eyal Waldman said.

Waldman is the founder of a Silicon Valley tech company called Mellanox. He moved out of the U.S. in 2021 and now lives in Israel.

“Danielle was born in Palo Alto, California,” he said. “It’s a heartbreaking devastation, this is not a sorrow. This is something you understand will be with you for the rest of your life.”

Waldman was in Indonesia a week ago, when received calls telling him there was an attack on the south district of Israel. He knew Danielle and Noam were at the festival in that area.

He said, initially, the couple sent a message saying they were OK. But about 35 minutes later, Waldman says the family received an emergency accident call with a location of Danielle’s phone.

Waldman hopped on a plane back to Tel Aviv. He sought the help of an Israeli army general to take him inside a danger zone, determined to find his daughter.

Waldman eventually found the couple’s bullet-riddled car near the location where Danielle's phone pinged.

“They went south, not north because I think the north side was blocked, and then we seen three shells or trails of Kalashnikov shells in the back of the car,” Waldman said. “They had been shot from the back by probably three inhumane people.”

“My small daughter was there,” Waldman said as his voice broke. “I could not stay at home knowing that my small daughter is under attack.”

Danielle and Noam’s bodies were gone. A couple of days later, Waldman and his family would get the tragic confirmation. The couple’s bodies were among the thousand plus that were brought back from the south of the country and identified.

“It had two aspects, the first was a disaster,” said Waldman. “Our lives, everything about our lives, just changed and will change. At the same time it was a relief because I know I can stop looking for my daughter and being afraid that she’s hostage by those barbaric, inhumane creatures.”

Danielle and Noam met in the Israeli army. They lived together and had a dog. Waldman said they had just begun talking about marriage.

Now, the couple are buried next to each other, the family said. Though difficult, Waldman chooses to remember his free-spirited daughter the way she lived: a young woman with a zest for life and all the living beings in it.

more…‘My small daughter is under attack': Palo Alto native brutally murdered in Israel, her father says

Thank you, I was trying to remember this young ladies’ name, Danielle Waldman, so I could post the interview with her father from a few days ago. I had referred to it in my last post last night…This was the guy I was telling you about that tracked his daughter down…she and her boyfriend had an adorable dog they doted on and it is in a video playing with them. They were an obviously very happy couple… In this man’s interview, he was reading from a script he had written, talking about solutions, asking for the return of the hostages. Here he is, his daughter has just been killed, and he was voicing his concern for the hostages…let me find his interview and I’ll post it as an eta.

——

Eta, here it is, from 3 days ago:

—-

Eta2: here’s another one, I haven’t watched it yet:

And wow that’s the reporter I was telling you about that was crying during her story, iirc, on the found baby twins whose parents were killed, I’ll find that one.

Last edited:
5min ago

Biden: Israel must eliminate Hamas, but path to Palestinian statehood also needed

US President Joe Biden says Hamas must be destroyed but that there also must be a “path to a Palestinian state.”

Biden says during an interview on CBS’s 60 Minutes that Hamas “engaged in barbarism that is as consequential as the Holocaust.”

Asked if he thinks there should be a ceasefire, he answers that “Israel has to respond,” hinting that Jerusalem has US backing to forcefully attack the terror group.

“They have to go after Hamas,” he says. “Hamas is a bunch of cowards. They’re hiding behind the civilians.”

He says an Israeli re-occupation of Gaza would be a “big mistake.”

“There needs to be a Palestinian authority, there needs to be a Palestinian state,” he says.

Biden acknowledges that Israel won’t be expected to immediately pursue a two-state solution after the October 7 Hamas onslaught but argues that Jerusalem “understands that significant portions of the Palestinian people do not share the views of Hamas and Hezbollah.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes