DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.

:(

And Glad he was neutralized.

——

Is there a way to get an audio translation of this?

Like watching a movie, but it’s NOT a movie. :(
I may be off, but it seemed to me like the "cameraman" was nervous (breathing heavy) and puzzled. I think he had a rather rude awakening when he was "neutralized". Pretty sure he didn't see that coming...

3:20 am

Biden confident Gaza civilians will have access to necessities

US President Joe Biden reiterates that his administration is talking to Egypt about establishing a humanitarian corridor “to get these children and women out” of Gaza as Israel appears to ready for a ground operation.

“I’m confident that there’s going to be an ability for the innocents in Gaza to be able to have access to medicine and food and water,” he tells CBS’s 60 Minutes, doubling down on his belief that Israel would abide by the “rules of war.”

“Israel has one of the finest fighting forces in the country,” he says when asked if US troops could get involved. “I guarantee we’re going to provide them everything they need.”

Asked whether the US can offer such significant backing and support for both Israel and Ukraine, Biden insists that won’t be a problem.

“We’re the United States of America for God’s sake, the most powerful nation… We can take care of both of these and still maintain our overall international defense,” he says.

Israel-Hamas war live: US sends second aircraft carrier ‘to deter hostile actions against Israel’; ground assault on Gaza looms (theguardian.com)

Asked whether wars in both Israel and Ukraine was too much for the US to take on at the same time, Biden said:

No. We’re the United States of America for God’s sake, the most powerful nation in the history – not in the world, in the history of the world. The history of the world. We can take care of both of these and still maintain our overall international defence.

He also said that helping Israel and Ukraine was important to the US’ security.

In Ukraine one of my objectives was to prevent Putin, who has committed war crimes himself, who – from being able to occupy an independent country that borders Nato allies and is on the Russian border. Imagine what happens now if he were able to succeed. Have you ever known a major war in Europe we didn’t get sucked into?

Regarding his support for Israel, he said:

The Jews have been subject to abuse, prejudice, and attempt to wipe them out for, oh, God, over a thousand years. For me, it’s about decency, respect, honour. It’s just simply wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It violates every religious principle I have and every way and every single principle my father taught me.

Israel Gaza live news: Fuel reserves at Gaza hospitals likely to run out in 24 hours, UN warns - BBC News
Posted at 17:3017:30

Khan Younis population balloons to a million overnight​

Scarce resources are running out, fast in Khan Younis.

This city, normally home to 400,000 people, has ballooned to more than a million overnight.

The main hospital here, already low on essentials, has not only taken in sick and injured from the north - it has now become a refuge.

Refugees line the corridors as doctors work on new arrivals injured by Israeli bombs. The din of competing voices fills the air.

You cannot blame people for coming here.

Hospitals are among the safest places to be in a time of war, protected by international law.

By some measures these people are perhaps the lucky ones, at least for now.

Doctors say they have almost nothing to give the stream of new casualties - water is rationed to 300ml a day for patients. Refugees get nothing.

Elsewhere, residents take in new arrivals. Many in Khan Younis lived in cramped conditions to begin with. Now they are cheek by jowl.

I have seen small apartments, which already housed more than they could comfortably hold, becoming "homes" for 50 or 60 people - no one can live like this for long.

My family now shares a home with four others in a flat with two small bedrooms. There are metres of personal space for us. I consider us among the lucky ones.

DENVER (KDVR) — A Denver man’s family members, who were visiting Israel, are among those taken hostage by Hamas earlier this month.

Ben Raanan spoke with Nexstar’s KDVR and said his family was on a call with President Joe Biden on Friday, confirming the kidnapping. Now they’re in shock and desperately hoping for their loved ones’ safe return home.

Raanan’s 17-year-old sister, Natali Raanan, and his step-mother, Judith Tai Raanan, both from Evanston, Illinois, were visiting relatives and celebrating holiday in Israel in Nahal Oz, near Gaza, when the attacks began earlier this month.

Updated: Oct 15, 2023 / 11:35 AM MDT

Last edited:
IMO Biden is saying the right things, but what we really need is an orator of the caliber of Winston Churchill.
Just my opinion, but nobody was interested in what Churchill had to say until after WWII was declared.

He was very involved from a young age in extremely violent, intractable conflicts with 'guerilla' (ie terrorist) groups opposed to the British, like the Boer (Afrikaans) War in South Africa, and the IRA in Ireland.

The British won WWII, but by that point had become determined to give up the business of being an empire, let all their colonies go, and just live the quiet life of an ordinary country.

To me, a reminder that nothing is new under the sun.

JMO

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Foreign national Palestinians can cross from Gaza into Egypt on Monday, officials say (nbcnews.com)
3m ago / 5:51 PM PDT

A Los Angeles native, who now lives in Israel and serves as an IDF reservist, praised "resilient" survivors of the Hamas attack who want to rebuild their ravaged communities.

The reserve staff sergeant named Ben, who asked that his family name and exact location not be disclosed, has been working this week at a kibbutz attacked by Hamas, helping survivors gather up belongings and pets in the aftermath of last week's terror attacks.

"It's really, really hard, difficult to even put into any words," Ben said of the carnage he's seen. "But at the same time, these families are so resilient. And the fact that some of them have been able to come back just under a week after the terrible attacks that took place here shows the resilience. And I talk to them and a lot of these people are saying, 'We can't wait to come back and rebuild this community,' which is very hard for me to understand. But I have so much respect and pride in my country and being an Israeli at this time."

***Video at the link

Live now:

(IDF Spokesperson, LTC (res.) @JConricus provides a situational update and answers journalists' questions)

Israel-Hamas war live: US sends second aircraft carrier ‘to deter hostile actions against Israel’; ground assault on Gaza looms (theguardian.com)
49s ago01.56 BST

The Israel Defence Forces spokesperson Jonathan Conricus is giving an update. Asked about what type of weapons Israel is using, he said Israel was using “Nato standard” weapons in its bombardment of Gaza and that Israel is committed to international law.

“We are using standard Nato equivalent, Nato standard weapons, very similar to thse used by Nato forces around the world …

We are committed to international law ...

We try in general to use the lightest weapons, the most precise weapons that we have in order to strike specific targets.

From the Q&A w/IDF Spokesman Conricus

2m ago02.02 BST

Asked what Israel is doing to support Palestinian civilians evacuate Conricus said,

"Support wise since we are at war with Hamas and Hamas governs the Gaza Strip our support quote–unquote is we have opened up two evacuation routes to the south... we have communicated it to the Gazans that the routes are safe to use. That’s the main support. And we have called on Gazans to evacuate … Hopeful they will listen to those warnings."

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but nobody was interested in what Churchill had to say until after WWII was declared.

He was very involved from a young age in extremely violent, intractable conflicts with 'guerilla' (ie terrorist) groups opposed to the British, like the Boer (Afrikaans) War in South Africa, and the IRA in Ireland.

The British won WWII, but by that point had become determined to give up the business of being an empire, let all their colonies go, and just live the quiet life of an ordinary country.

To me, a reminder that nothing is new under the sun.

JMO
ITA. Churchill didn't win WWII alone. He had a lot of help from that great American orator, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

JMO

More from the Q&A w/IDF Spokesman Conricus

4m ago02.10 BST

Conricus has accused Hamas of carrying out the attack on a civilian evacuation convoy in Gaza in which about 70 people died.

He said:

"We did not actively target any convoy of civilians ... we assess this attack was done by Hamas ...

When you apply logic and you think who would benefit from those horrible images ... who stands to gain from that? Only one organisation: Hamas.

We have seen there there is no limit to its depravity… this is an organisation of subhumans ...

I don’t think it’s beneath Hamas to kill civilians if they think it will help them in the international arena."

Last edited:
More from the Q&A w/IDF Spokesman Conricus

3m ago21.19 EDT

Asked whether he could confirm media reports that Hamas had executed some of its hostages, Conricus said:

"That’s a very sensitive topic … No reports of hostages [being] executed have been confirmed.

As of now is we have is a special task force at the national level .. and we are looking for information and of course we are extremely committed to getting them [the hostages] back."

1m ago02.25 BST
Conricus also denied that Israel was targeting civilians in Gaza. “We strike Hamas, we strike their infrastructure and we are hunting their commanders,” he said. “Categorically we are not trying to strike civilians.”

4m ago02.27 BST
More than 6,000 rockets have been fired at Israel and Israeli civilians since the war started, Conricus has said, accusing the media of underreporting this aspect.

But he said that traditional methods such as “roof-knocking” to warn civilians to evacuate targeted buildings could not always be used “for obvious reasons”.

He also said Israel has not used and will not use thermobaric bombs “as far as I know”.

1m ago21.31 EDT
Asked whether he could confirm that the Rafah border crossing would be open tomorrow, Conricus said:

"I know that there have been such discussions … I cannot yet confirm that they have been fruitful."

He also blamed Hamas for previously refusing to open the gate. Israel bombed the crossing last week.

Last edited:
4m ago21.41 EDT

Rafah border crossing to open at 9am on Monday, US media report​

The Rafah border crossing between Egypt and Gaza is to open at 9am (0600 GMT) on Monday, NBC News has reported, citing a Palestinian official.

Citing a security source, ABC News reported the crossing would open for a few hours on Monday, without providing details. The Guardian is not able to confirm either of these reports.

US secretary of state Antony Blinken earlier said the crossing would be reopened, without giving any specifics, after a meeting with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Foreign national Palestinians can cross from Gaza into Egypt on Monday, officials say (nbcnews.com)
29m ago / 6:21 PM PDT

IDF spokesman says convoy fleeing northern Gaza wasn't intentionally ‘targeted’​

When asked Sunday evening if Israel is responsible for the bombing of a convoy of people attempting to flee northern Gaza, killing 70 Palestinians, IDF Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said Israeli forces had not specifically targeted that location and that “it may have been an incident of fire around it.

“We’re in a war zone, and when in war, lots of things happen at the same time,” Conricus said, quoting another official saying, “clearly we have not targeted any convoy, any civilians on that road, specifically on that road and nowhere else in general, but specifically to that location. Clearly no purposeful targeting.”

He added, “It may have been an incident of fire around it, but that is very unlikely.”

When pressed by NBC’s Tom Llamas, Conricus then explicitly said Hamas was responsible.

“We assess that it was Hamas who staged these explosions,” he said. “But I want to be on the safe side and say, you know, things can happen in war. But there was definitely nothing purposeful. And I think that the investigation should be looking at who would stand to gain from such a convoy being attacked, specifically on the route that we made sure would be open for evacuation. And the answer is clear. The organization that stands to gain from this is Hamas.”

Conricus also addressed whether or not the Israeli government with negotiate for hostages saying, “I don’t think that Israel is looking to negotiate. What we are going to do is to dismantle Hamas, its military leadership, its military capabilities, so that at the end of this war there.”

Hamas holding up to 10 Britons hostage in Gaza, says foreign secretary​

James Cleverly says updated figure of those captured in attack on Israel is ‘not an unreasonable estimate’

Up to 10 Britons are being held hostage by Hamas in Gaza, the foreign secretary has said, higher than previous informal estimates.

Israel estimates that 126 people from different countries are being held hostage, with reports previously suggesting six of those taken were British. Up to 17 British people, including children, are thought to be dead or missing since the conflict began last weekend.

The UK has left it to hostages’ relatives to decide whether to reveal the identity of those captured, but its typical advice to families caught up in such situations is not to publicise cases as it may increase the value of the hostage to their captors.

Speaking on Sunday to Sky News, James Cleverly described the suggestion that 10 British people were being held as “not an unreasonable estimate”.

One source said it was not possible to be absolutely precise because Qatar, which has been acting as the chief intermediary with Hamas over the hostage crisis, has not been given a definitive list, and that it was possible someone had been captured without the Foreign Office being briefed.

The UK has no direct diplomatic contact with Hamas, but has intermediaries including through Qatar and Iran.

[…]

Hamas commanders are allegedly training school-aged children to defend Gaza as thousands of Israeli troops prepare to storm the border, it has emerged.

Terrorists are training children as young as 14 for battle, with some even younger apparently being trained in military drills and weapons skills, an Israeli emergency responder unit has claimed.
South First Responders (SFR) shared photos and videos of the
alleged training on Telegram yesterday. The footage was reportedly captured on body-worn cameras that were taken from terrorists' corpses.
All emphasis mine.

Sad, but not surprising.
Notice the word, "alleged" ?
If they have found this evidence, I wish they'd show it to the public.
People need to know what is happening.

If Hamas is doing this, I believe it's child abuse.
Not like they'd care; considering their actions last week, but still.

I've checked around to find other links for Hamas in particular training child soldiers, but there are prob. other countries who practice this ?
Omo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members