Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the fact that this woman is alive and still pregnant, while the pregnant Israeli woman was butchered and so was her unborn child, should need no translation.

It’s easily understood:

She will have her child, in a sub-optimal setting. The Jewish woman will not.

Would that all mothers felt compassion for one another.

IMO
RSBM
But really, how likely is it such a woman even knows what hsppened in Israel? Is it likely she has a cellphone/a cellphone account, access to neutral news sources?

ETA: I think this whole thing about the pregnant woman is really a symbolic reminder, that there are innocent people here. I'm disturbed by attempts to paint such people as guilty, therefore it's okay to kill them.

IMO, destroying Hamas is the goal, but it needs to be a more surgical effort. Killing too many innocent victims creates more hatred in the survivors, and that will come back to bite Israel.

Definitely, destroying a terrorist organization that is embedded in a population is difficult. But so is sending people into space, and we can do that...even though it seems much less important than creating peace.

JMO

Last edited:
BBC News Live

80% of the hospital has been destroyed.

“International law says you don’t target hospitals, so for this to happen just as Mr Biden is arriving makes his trip hugely, hugely harder.”

At least 500 people have been killed, maybe hundreds of victims in the rubbles.

The bombs must stop now - Israeli church leader​

Al Ahli hospital is funded by the Anglican Church, and Richard Sewell, Dean of St George’s College – one of the church's top figures in Jerusalem – has posted on X, formerly Twitter, that the hospital in Gaza took “a direct hit from an Israeli missile”.
He says early reports suggest hundreds of women and children have been killed, and calls the act the “deliberate killing of vulnerable civilians”.
“The bombs must stop now. There can be no possible justification for this."
As we've reported, the Israeli military has not confirmed their forces were behind the attack.

10 min ago
Residents line up to collect scant water supplies in Gaza

NUSAIRAT, Gaza Strip _ Palestinians desperate for water lined up to fill bottles and large jugs Tuesday at a desalination plant in Gaza.
Children and men took turns using a hose in Nusairat to fill containers that they hauled away using bicycles, a wheelchair and a cart pulled by a donkey.
Ismael Al-Hafi said people are rationing the water they can find and wait two or three days to clean themselves.
“This is suffering,” Al-Hafi said. “Gaza is in complete collapse. There is no solar to operate the desalination plants. This means that you have to struggle to fill two gallons of water. This is suffering. May God help the people.”

Last edited:
BBC News Live

80% of the hospital has been destroyed.

“International law says you don’t target hospitals, so for this to happen just as Mr Biden is arriving makes his trip hugely, hugely harder.”

At least 500 people have been killed, maybe hundreds of victims in the rubbles.

——

BBC Live

“Hundreds of people have been killed in an Israeli strike on a hospital in Gaza City, according to Palestinian officials; the Israeli military says it's investigating the incident”

Al Ahli hospital 'totally independent' of Gaza political factions​

Tom Bateman
Middle East correspondent, reporting from Jerusalem

The Al Ahli hospital is fully funded by the Anglican Church, say church officials.
I’ve been speaking to Canon Richard Sewell who is Dean of St George’s College - one of the Anglican Church’s top figures in Jerusalem.
He says church officials understand that around 6,000 displaced people were sheltering in the hospital courtyard by the end of last week. The hospital says it was first hit by an Israeli airstrike on Saturday.
That strike injured four people, after which around 5,000 people left the courtyard - leaving around 1,000 remaining there.
The Al Ahli hospital receives much of its funding from Episcopal Church donors in the US, say officials.
They say it is totally independent of any political factions in Gaza.

35s ago

Summary​

It’s just past 10pm in Gaza City and Tel Aviv. Here’s where things stand:

• Hundreds are feared dead or injured after a strike on a hospital in Gaza City, the Hamas-run health ministry said. Hundreds are still under the rubble, it said. If confirmed, the attack would be by far the deadliest Israeli airstrike in five wars fought since 2008. Israel’s military said it did not have any details on the reported bombing.
  • Earlier on Tuesday, the UN’s Palestinian refugee agency UNRWA said an Israeli air strike had killed at least six people after striking one of its schools that has been functioning as a shelter for displaced people. Several hospitals in Gaza have become refuges for hundreds of people hoping to be spared bombardment.
  • Health authorities in Gaza say at least 3,000 people have been killed in Israel’s bombardment since 7 October. At least 940 children and 1,032 women have been killed, the Hamas government media office said. The president of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas, has declared three days of mourning following the deadly air strike on Gaza’s Al-Ahli Arabi Baptist hospital.
  • Fears are growing that people in Gaza are beginning to dehydrate to deathas clean water runs out, with Israeli airstrikes continuing to pound the Palestinian territory of 2.3 million residents amid a total blockade on food, electricity, medicine and fuel.
  • Germany’s duty is to “stand up for the existence of the state of Israel”, chancellor Olaf Scholz said during a joint press conference with Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. Berlin is “doing all it can to ensure that this conflict does not escalate” across the region, he added.
  • US president Joe Biden is expected to visit the Middle East on Wednesday, on a whirlwind tour of diplomacy that will take in meetings with the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, and other officials in Tel Aviv. Biden will then move on to meet Jordan’s King Abdullah, the Egyptian president, Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, and the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, in Amman, Jordan.
  • The UN’s culture body, Unesco, warned that the Hamas attack on Israel has led to intense fighting that has resulted in the “deadliest week for journalists in any recent conflict”. Nine journalists have been confirmed killed in the line of duty since 7 October and “the death toll could rise further still”, the agency said.
  • The head of Israeli military intelligence said he bears responsibility for the intelligence failures that led to Hamas carrying out its surprise onslaught on 7 October. Maj Gen Aharon Haliva is the latest Israeli defence official to publicly state that they take responsibility for the Hamas attack, after the head of the Shin Bet security agency and Israel Defense Forces (IDF) chief of staff made similar remarks in recent days.
  • The UK prime minister, Rishi Sunak, is set to visit Israel, possibly as soon as Thursday, according to a Sky News report. Meanwhile, the UK foreign office said it has successfully brought back more than 900 people from Israel.
  • A British teenager missing and feared kidnapped after Hamas targeted Israeli kibbutzim was murdered during the attack, relatives have confirmed. Yahel Sharabi, 13, was originally believed missing and possibly taken hostage after the raid on Be’eri kibbutz two miles from the Gazan border in which her Bristol-born mother, Lianne, was killed. Her sister Noiya, 16, who is a British citizen like Yahel, and their Israeli father, Eli, are still missing.
  • The UN’s human rights office said Israel’s siege of Gaza and its evacuation order there could amount to the international crime of the forcible transfer of civilians.
  • Hamas said a senior commander and member of its higher military council, Ayman Nofal, has been killed by an Israeli airstrike. The Israeli air force also said he had been killed, stating: “He directed many terrorist attacks against Israel and the security forces, and he directed the targets of Hamas’s rocket fire, specifically targeting areas populated by uninvolved civilians.”

She's living in hell like everyone else caught up in this horror. I don't blame her at all for voicing her concerns.

I don't know how people are even functioning amongst the level of stress in both places. It's just unimaginable.
I was pregnant, living in Manhattan, on 9/11. My thoughts that day and in following days were definitely and primarily on my baby. Yes, I was concerned about my neighborhood, city, nation, world.....but mothers are programmed to think of their babies.

I don't fault anyone's motherly instinct. It is the most important thing in the world.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members