Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 min ago

France "strongly condemns" Gaza hospital blast, urges humanitarian access to enclave​

From CNN's Martin Goillandeau

France on Tuesday said it "strongly condemns the strike against the Al-Ahli hospital in Gaza City, which caused a very high number of Palestinian civilian casualties," according to statement from the country's Foreign Ministry.
“International humanitarian law is binding on all and must enable the protection of civilian populations. Humanitarian access to the Gaza Strip must be opened up without delay,” the ministry said in the statement.
Officials in Gaza have blamed an Israeli airstrike for the blast, while Israel blamed the explosion and hundreds of deaths on a failed rocket launch by the Islamic Jihad militant group.

Important to remember, IMO, that propaganda is a tool of war...and employed by both sides.
Almost always includes the words babies, women, rape, unconfirmed, under investigation, etc.

In other words, both sides tend to skirt the truth. Noting these examples in every report can be very helpful. Just saying....

This whole situation does remind me a little bit of that time that a missile exploded in Poland near the Ukraine border and the world started screaming that it was a deliberate Russian attack... only for it to turn out to be a Ukrainian air defence missile that landed there completely by accident.

At least that moment didn't result in hundreds dead.

2m ago
A White House statement confirming Joe Biden’s decision to cancel a planned stop in Jordan said:

After consulting with King Abdullah II of Jordan and in light of the days of mourning announced by President Abbas of the Palestinian Authority, President Biden will postpone his travel to Jordan and the planned meeting with these two leaders and President Sisi of Egypt.
He looks forward to consulting in person with these leaders soon, and agreed to remain regularly and directly engaged with each of them over the coming days.

Bloomberg) -- First it was Apollo Global Management Inc.’s Marc Rowan blasting the University of Pennsylvania, then Dick Wolf of Law & Order followed by former US diplomat and businessman Jon Huntsman and billionaire Ronald Lauder.

Now it’s David Magerman, who helped build the trading systems of Renaissance Technologies. He castigated Penn’s “misguided moral compass” in a letter to President Elizabeth Magill and board chair Scott Bok, citing the school’s hosting of the Palestine Writes Literature Festival last month and its response to the Hamas attack on Israel in October.

“People who care about morality and ethics should just leave institutions that show they don’t,” Magerman said in a phone interview Tuesday. He added that he was “deeply ashamed” of his association with the university and plans to cease all donations.

33 minutes:

1 hour ago: Dozens attempt to storm Israel Embassy in Amman

2 hours ago:
In reference to the last video. Europe needs to prepare for the blowbacks for the Israel /Hamas war. These countries took in many muslim citizens to which some where radicalized and trained in Syria and Iraq.
All you need to do is read the Rampage and Terrorist Attacks section on WS to see the Islamic attacks in Europe over the years.MOO.

Important to remember, IMO, that propaganda is a tool of war...and employed by both sides.
Almost always includes the words babies, women, rape, unconfirmed, under investigation, etc.

In other words, both sides tend to skirt the truth. Noting these examples in every report can be very helpful. Just saying....
Israel has no need to issue propaganda. There are plenty of photos and video that prove the horrific terrorist attack on the very innocent human victims. Twice in the last two days, I have received an email from a online publication asking me to subscribe and making outrageous, propaganda claims. My response was to hit spam.

JMO

1m ago
France’s president, Emmanuel Macron, has called for humanitarian access to the Gaza Strip to be opened without delay.

Macron, in a statement posted to social media, wrote:

Nothing can justify striking a hospital. Nothing can justify targeting civilians.
France condemns the attack on the Al-Ahli Arab hospital in Gaza, which made so many Palestinian victims. Our thoughts are with them. All the light must be shed on the circumstances.

Infuriating.
It's not like the Palestinians have received no assistance from anyone !
Ordinary people.
Ordinary Gazans.

Omo.
With all due respect, there is no such thing as ordinary Gazans. They dont even really exist.

Residents of the Gaza strip have passports that say "nationality unknown".

How humiliating can that be?

Israel has crossed all red lines - Abbas​

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is now giving a speech.

He begins by calling the blast at the Al Ahli hospital a "hideous war massacre".
Israel has "crossed all red lines", he adds.

Israel denied its military was involved and said the blast was caused by rockets fired by Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

The militants have also denied blame.

6 min ago

IDF may share intelligence proving Israel not responsible for Gaza hospital bombing, spokesperson says​

From CNN’s Sahar Akbarzai and Samira Jafari

A spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces said it might share intelligence or raw data with the world to prove that Israel is not responsible for the attack on the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza as Israel claims.

IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said “maybe" when pushed about releasing more information.

“We’re in the progress of declassifying. I cannot promise yet that we will but maybe because of the importance and because what is at stake here that may happen,” Conricus said.
When asked if the IDF was 100% certain that it was not an IDF missile strike that hit the hospital in Gaza, Conricus said he is “as certain as anybody in war can be with millions of pieces of information flying around."

"But after a very serious review, I can say that is the information that we have now we are confident and the information that we have says this was a failed launch by Islamic Jihad," he said.

In response to a question about if there were IDF missile strikes in the vicinity or blocks within the hospital in Gaza, Conricus said: “Not as far as I’m aware.”
While Israel says "IDF does not target hospitals,” the United Nations and Doctors Without Borders say during the past 10 days, Israeli airstrikes have struck medical facilities, including hospitals and ambulances.

Officials in Gaza blame Israel for the hospital attack, while IDF says it was Islamic Jihad's "failed rocket launch" and denies it was behind the hit.

With all due respect, there is no such thing as ordinary Gazans. They dont even really exist.

Residents of the Gaza strip have passports that say "nationality unknown".

How humiliating can that be?

I don't see my passport as holding that much importance over my identity nor my value as a human being.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

43s ago

Lisa O'Carroll

EU prime ministers have vowed to step up their efforts to mitigate a looming humanitarian crisis in Gaza in a bid to present a united diplomatic front after a week of dysfunction and mixed messages from leaders in Brussels.

After an emergency video conference to address the conflagration in the Middle East, the European Council leader, Charles Michel, stressed the need to present “a clear unified course of action that reflects the complexity of the unfolding situation”.

Tuesday’s talks were preceded by a statement by EU leaders on Sunday strongly condemning Hamas’s “terrorist attacks” while mentioning “the importance to ensure the protection of all civilians at all times” and the need for Israel to comply with international law.

Michel spoke of the need to use all the leverage the EU could muster to help the hostages held by Hamas and to persuade Egypt to approve a humanitarian corridor for aid and refugees.

After terrorist attacks in Belgium and France, a heightened concern about the return of hate crime and speech was also a priority, said Michel.

Michel made his remarks after a joint press conference with the European Commission president, Ursula von der Leyen, who has been the subject of criticism over her failure to emphasis Israel’s obligation to comply with international law while defending itself.

Read the full story here.

“Thirteen U.S. nationals remain unaccounted for after the Hamas raids in Israel and 30 U.S. citizens have been confirmed killed. As many as 600 U.S. nationals are thought to be among the hundreds of thousands of people trapped in Gaza.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carzytoaster