Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Israel Gaza: Community frozen as Hamas atrocities continue to emerge​

They are still finding bodies in the neighbourhoods near Gaza.
Recovery teams on Wednesday pulled a woman's body from the rubble in Kibbutz Be'eri. She was naked, her feet bound with metal wire.

One of the team said the bodies of more than 20 children had been found nearby, tied together and burned.

Even experienced workers are struggling: deaths like this are enough to break the living.

Israel-Hamas war live updates and latest news on Gaza (nbcnews.com)
4m ago / 10:18 PM PDT

Former NBC foreign correspondent says 2 members of wife’s family taken hostage by Hamas​

Former NBC News foreign correspondent Martin Fletcher said today that two members of his wife’s family are being held hostage by Hamas.

Fletcher, NBC News’ former Middle East correspondent, told MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle that he found out only today.

“This is a very personal thing,” Fletcher said. The two are Americans from Evanston, Illinois, who were in Israel visiting their grandmother for her 85th birthday, he said.

“They were last seen, their hands tied, being dragged away by the Hamas terrorists,” Fletcher said. “So it’s personal, it’s real, and nobody is really confident that it’s possible to get them back alive. Of course, everybody’s hoping.”

[...]

19 Oct

The world is losing its humanity - UNRWA chief​

Jeremy Bowen
International Editor

View attachment 454592
AFP via Getty ImagesCopyright: AFP via Getty Images

The Middle East is on the "edge of an abyss" as a result of the war between Israel and Hamas, UN agency chief Philippe Lazzarini has told the BBC.

The commissioner-general of UN relief agency UNRWA said violence could spill over across the region.

And he warned about the dire situation for civilians inside Gaza, calling again for humanitarian aid corridors into the territory.

Lazzarini said he fears "the world is now losing its humanity".

In an exclusive interview with the BBC, Lazzarini reiterated calls for humanitarian aid corridors, saying help "needs to be uninterrupted... predictable [and] meaningful" to help the people of Gaza.

[…]

The title of the above news report reminds me of a statement someone posted elsewhere a few days ago. I can't let the words go... I keep mulling them over and over.

Peace is a luxury in a world that can barely afford dignity.

how do aid workers distinguish between civilians and terrorists? how do they ensure that commodities to be given out are not commandeered, given to or stolen or destroyed by terrorists?

They can't distinguish between (unless it is somehow obvious).

But we also shouldn't ask people to relocate, then leave them for dead.

We can only hope that the majority of Hamas are in the hot seat of the north, have tons of supplies stacked up in their tunnels, and won't bother too much with south Gaza.

I imagine that is why they are saying initially only 20 trucks will be allowed to cross. So they can see what the result of that is.

how do aid workers distinguish between civilians and terrorists? how do they ensure that commodities to be given out are not commandeered, given to or stolen or destroyed by terrorists?

I find it interesting that this man, who obviously knows a LOT, says sending aid would be a “mistake” because basically Hamas would also be getting it.

Israel-Gaza latest: Israel to evacuate town near Lebanon border - as Joe Biden to make 'urgent budget request' to support allies | Latest updates | World News | Sky News
44m ago21:44

Missiles 'potentially headed towards Israel' launched by forces in Yemen, US says​

[...]

The Pentagon has said the USS Carney, a Navy destroyer in the northern Red Sea, intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones that were launched by Houthi forces in Yemen.

The missiles were "potentially" headed toward Israel but the US hasn't finished its assessment of what they were targeting, brigadier general Pat Ryder, Pentagon press secretary, has said.

An array of other drone attacks over the past three days did target US bases, including one in southern Syria yesterday that caused minor injuries.

The action by the Carney potentially represents the first shots by the US military in the defence of Israel in this conflict.

<snipped for focus>

They are living in a war zone and were advised to leave in order to save their lives. Israel is giving fair warning before they strike Hamas.

Now it is up to the humanitarian organizations to get provisions into the Gaza Strip, along with Egypt which is the only other country that has a border crossing with Gaza Strip. It's unbelievable that it is taking Egypt so long to get this done. They may have good reason, but if so, no one seems to know what it is.

We can only hope that the majority of Hamas are in the hot seat of the north, have tons of supplies stacked up in their tunnels, and won't bother too much with south Gaza.

I imagine that is why they are saying initially only 20 trucks will be allowed to cross. So they can see what the result of that is.
Hamas is evil and embeds itself in the civilian population. It would be so difficult to stop them from getting their blood stained hands on supplies. IMO

Two million people were asked to relocate themselves to south Gaza.
The least we can do now is provide those who did so with bread, water, and medicine.
In relocating, many will have lost any ability to provide for themselves.

imo
Any aid we or other countries give will prob. sadly be seized by Hamas.
Hamas funded the attack with paragliders, vehicles, assault from the sea, etc.
They are not without means.
Let them provide for their people.
And if they do not --maybe the residents of Gaza will actually turn on them ??
One can hope.

Another option is to hand out supplies carefully and make sure it gets to the right people.
But how ?
I have an unpopular idea.
Omo.

Liri Albag’s Mother Begs for Help To Release Her Daughter From Hamas’ Captivity​

Families of the abducted Israelis put up tents in central Tel Aviv to raise awareness of their dire situation as days pass with their loved ones still kidnapped.IMG_8532.jpeg

Bbm.
Hmm.
Not a bad idea at all.
Omo.

@Arkay from last thead

"I wish I could believe that if they took drugs to enable them to commit these atrocities, that they were afterwards tormented with remorse.

But I don’t think that is true.

They trained for this for a long time, and it would seem they took these drugs, if they were on drugs, voluntarily and intentionally so their energy and intent would not flag.

IMO"​

When I read that these terrorists, the allegedly starving thirsty people of the Hamas Government of Gaza, might have taken fentanyl (also found on their victims)... which is to allegedly excuse and account for the terrorists' absence of empathy ... I am stunned. Do people in the Middle East think that fentanyl, opioids, and other drugs, turn people into barbaric murderers?

I am certain that this generation of young men from Gaza, who tortured children before murdering them, were indoctrinated from a young age. Drugs did not turn them into violent, barbaric murderers. They are a product of their education system, their families and culture, their values and beliefs, their convictions. They seem to be driven to commit genocide against people who have different beliefs. They seem inclined to believe rather than think.

After wiping out Judaism, they will target Christianity. Western religions seem to always be at war. Who was the messiah, or are we still waiting!

<snipped for focus>

They are living in a war zone and were advised to leave in order to save their lives. Israel is giving fair warning before they strike Hamas.

Now it is up to the humanitarian organizations to get provisions into the Gaza Strip, along with Egypt which is the only other country that has a border crossing with Gaza Strip. It's unbelievable that it is taking Egypt so long to get this done. They may have good reason, but if so, no one seems to know what it is.

Yes, I understand why they had to relocate. To save their lives. And their lives continue to need saving.

They say in some articles that the delay is because roads need to be repaired on the Egypt side. Presumably they are being repaired now?

Not sure why they need to be repaired ... there are loads of trucks already sitting there ... but perhaps some of the bombing raids in that area hit some of the Egypt roads?

Hamas is evil and embeds itself in the civilian population. It would be so difficult to stop them from getting their blood stained hands on supplies. IMO

I know. I am just not comfortable with us not trying to help the innocents that need food, water, and medicine.

I remember back in the Idi Amin days (IIRC) they were airdropping supplies to his starving people. And they knew Amin was getting to at least some of the food drops before his starving people could.

imo

@Arkay from last thead

"I wish I could believe that if they took drugs to enable them to commit these atrocities, that they were afterwards tormented with remorse.​
But I don’t think that is true.​
They trained for this for a long time, and it would seem they took these drugs, if they were on drugs, voluntarily and intentionally so their energy and intent would not flag.​
IMO"​

When I read that these terrorists, the allegedly starving thirsty people of the Hamas Government of Gaza, might have taken fentanyl (also found on their victims)... which is to allegedly excuse and account for the terrorists' absence of empathy ... I am stunned. Do people in the Middle East think that fentanyl, opioids, and other drugs, turn people into barbaric murderers?

I am certain that this generation of young men from Gaza, who tortured children before murdering them, were indoctrinated from a young age. Drugs did not turn them into violent, barbaric murderers. They are a product of their education system, their families and culture, their values and beliefs, their convictions. They seem to be driven to commit genocide against people who have different beliefs. They seem inclined to believe rather than think.

After wiping out Judaism, they will target Christianity. Western religions seem to always be at war. Who was the messiah, or are we still waiting!
Well said, good question!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members