Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's entirely possible. ^^^
Esp. the bolded.

I was agreeing with your comment, just wanting to point out other scenarios.
A bid for frozen assets -- but what will Iran do if the $$ is released ?
Build more weapons to attack Israel ?
Humanitarian purposes ? (Doubtful, imo.)

Here's an article I saw on Yahoo --the full article is take by Yahoo from the UK's Telegraph, but it's behind a paywall :
".... but never mention that Israel has repeatedly offered to fully reinstate all supply lines if Hamas frees its hostages.

It appears that for Hamas leaders living in luxury in Qatar, keeping the 199 hostages captive is more important than the wellbeing of their own people."
When Israel withdraws, as in the case of Gaza in 2005, it gets no thanks but is attacked with rockets by terrorists who are committed to its destruction – the same people who butchered Israeli citizens and started this war. When Israel offered 94 per cent of the West Bank to the Palestine Liberation Organization as a separate state,
Yasser Arafat turned it down.

So infuriating but true. (Imo)
Re. the red bolded : I didn't know that about Yasser Arafat. :rolleyes:
Omo.

The UK link :

It was turned down.

To be certain, since the inception of Israel the stated goal of the PLO, now also Hamas, has been "not one square inch" aka "From the Jordan River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free".

14 May 1948: Israeli Declaration of Independance

15 May 1948: Arab-Israeli War - Morning: Syria, Egypt, Iraq and (Trans)Jordan military forces enter and take control of the Arab areas and attack Jewish Settlements and Israeli Forces. As a direct result of this war - that Israel did not start, the victor (Israel) managed to retain the area set aside for the Jewish State and had won around 60% of the Arab state lands.

A Two-State soloution is the most widely proposed as the "ideal", but if it ever is achieved, I don't expect their neighbours to kick back and be content with it. History has shown time and time again, that they will not be. They were a mere one day old when their neighbours invaded them and got their butts kicked in 1948. I'm not so sure Israel will ever be as willing to be as generous as the were prior to October 7th --- there'll be some hella caveats on anything like this now. Another lovely gift to the Palestinian poeple from Hamas.

What I am wondering is why Israel's military leader thinks it is more important to bomb Gaza rather than allow other countries to provide the humanitarian aid desperately needed by the hospitals and schools sheltering civilians and hostages trapped there with no place to go.

What I do not believe is that the continued bombing of Gaza is necessary.

JMO
This is the way wars work. The air force does the preliminary to take out the communications, headqaurters facilities, as many 'leaders' as possible and the big gun threats (in Hamas' case - rockets & their launch sites, anti-tank missiles, tunnel networks).

THEN the boots on the ground go in. Exactly the same as any other war. Gulf War I, Gulf War II, WWs.

This IS a war. They are going in. Hamas is their target.

<modsnip> Hamas started this war and Israel has every right in the world to both fight it and to end it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was turned down.

To be certain, since the inception of Israel the stated goal of the PLO, now also Hamas, has been "not one square inch" aka "From the Jordan River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free".

14 May 1948: Israeli Declaration of Independance

15 May 1948: Arab-Israeli War - Morning: Syria, Egypt, Iraq and (Trans)Jordan military forces enter and take control of the Arab areas and attack Jewish Settlements and Israeli Forces. As a direct result of this war - that Israel did not start, the victor (Israel) managed to retain the area set aside for the Jewish State and had won around 60% of the Arab state lands.

A Two-State soloution is the most widely proposed as the "ideal", but if it ever is achieved, I don't expect their neighbours to kick back and be content with it. History has shown time and time again, that they will not be. They were a mere one day old when their neighbours invaded them and got their butts kicked in 1948. I'm not so sure Israel will ever be as willing to be as generous as the were prior to October 7th --- there'll be some hella caveats on anything like this now. Another lovely gift to the Palestinian poeple from Hamas.

Thank you! A two-state solution is the only one that will work at this point, but I also don't trust Israel.
The fatigue from misinformation has certainly set in.

JMO

This is the way wars work. The air force does the preliminary to take out the communications, headqaurters facilities, as many 'leaders' as possible and the big gun threats (in Hamas' case - rockets & their launch sites, anti-tank missiles, tunnel networks).

THEN the boots on the ground go in. Exactly the same as any other war. Gulf War I, Gulf War II, WWs.

This IS a war. They are going in. Hamas is their target.

Please stop victim blaming Israel; Hamas started this war and Israel has every right in the world to both fight it and to end it.
And how are those boots on the ground working?

I haven't "victim blamed Israel" so please stop misrepresenting my posts!

JMO

Thank you! A two-state solution is the only one that will work at this point, but I also don't trust Israel.
The fatigue from misinformation has certainly set in.

JMO

Israel cannot trust anyone in their neighbourhood obviously.

I have serious doubts that a two state soloution will actually work. Not when it will still be the same neighbours who swear they won't be satisfied until they are wiped from the face of the earth.

Last edited:
And how are those boots on the ground working?

I haven't "victim blamed Israel" so please stop misrepresenting my posts!

JMO
The boots on the ground (infantry) aren't in there yet.

Still bombing those military targets set up by the schools and UN buildings by those terrorists etc that everyone has been linking footage of in here.

11 hours ago

“The comments from the two senior members of US President Joe Biden’s cabinet came hours after the Pentagon said it was upping readiness in the region in response to “recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces.”

Austin ordered the activation of air defense systems and notified additional forces that they may be deployed soon.”

But Austin also acknowledged that the ground invasion Israel says it plans to launch could well take longer than the time it took him to remove the Islamic State from power in Mosul, Iraq when he was the head of the US Army’s Central Command.

“Urban combat is extremely difficult. It goes at a slow pace,” he told ABC News.” “This may be a bit more difficult because of the underground network of tunnels that Hamas has constructed over time, and the fact that they have had a long time to prepare for a fight.

“So I think you’ll see a fight that’s characterized by a lot of IEDs, a lot of booby traps and just a really grinding activity going forward,” Austin said.”

[…]

“Armed factions close to Iran have threatened to attack US interests in Iraq over Washington’s support for Israel.

Multiple Iraqi bases used by US-led coalition troops have been targeted in attacks in recent days.”

Last edited:

“Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Sunday that the United States expects the Israel-Hamas war to escalate through involvement by proxies of Iran, and they asserted that the Biden administration is prepared to respond if American personnel or armed forces become the target of any such hostilities.

“This is not what we want, not what we’re looking for. We don’t want escalation,” Blinken said. “We don’t want to see our forces or our personnel come under fire. But if that happens, we’re ready for it.”

——

Full interview on Face the Nation

——-

Eta:
And to think, just 3 weeks ago he was playing Hoochie Coochie Man…

Last edited:

From above,

“IDF spokesman:

1. At least 222 hostages held in Gaza; 308 IDF soldiers killed in war so far.”

So, the hostage count just jumped another 10 then, earlier it was at 212. And the above tweet says “At least…

———

* confirmed by Chief Military Spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari

——

1 hour ago

“IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari says the military has so far notified the families of 222 hostages that their loved ones are being held in the Gaza Strip.

He says that the number includes a not insignificant number of foreign nationals, and that it has taken time for them to be identified and for their families to be notified.”

Last edited:

10/23/23

Israel's Defence Forces have published what they claim is proof of Hamas rocket launch sites nestled among mosques, schools and nurseries in Gaza.

A series of satellite images, shared on the IDF's official website and social media accounts, shows what they claim are launch pits dug into the ground right next to the civilian structures - something Israel says backs up their claims that Hamas is using the Palestinian people as human shields.

Two alleged launch sites were located a stone's throw away from each other, one in the garden of a mosque, and another mere feet away from a kindergarten.

THOSE WE ARE MISSING​

The hostages and victims whose fate is still unknown:

—— tag: Websleuths list of hostages /websleuths hostage file / Websleuths hostages /

Last edited:
Yeah, well who knows. Maybe ? (Re. the reporting being confident that he's being told the truth.)

This situation is incredibly difficult and horrendous.
The hostages could very well be deceased.
I think -- Hamas would have to show a modicum of mercy that I don't think they're capable of -- esp. in regards to the hostages who only have Israeli citizenship.
They'd have to have keep these people alive and tend to the wounded.

Like, the full wrath of Hamas might fall on those whom Hamas considers, "their deadliest enemies" ?
Could be totally wrong --- but I think that having dual citizenship with another nation may have helped to keep the two released women alive ?
Idk, just guessing.
There might be a ton of negotiating going on that we aren't privy to, so to speak.

What if --for instance-- Hamas says to Israel : "Hold off on the ground invasion for two weeks and we'll release four hostages." ?
And during that time they scurry around like sneaky little creatures and relocate their weapons/ammo from the destroyed areas and set their equipment up in different tunnels ?
And then the two weeks is up, and they say something like : "Welp, too bad, so sad. Your previous rocket attacks killed them. This was your fault. No hostages will be released ."

Hamas and their supporters are --imo-- liars.
I think the best hope for any surviving hostages is for Israel to go in and not give them any more time to retaliate around and inside people's homes, mosques, or hospitals.
Omo.
Concerning the above emboldened, there is talk of that occurring.

10/23/23

Israel's Defence Forces have published what they claim is proof of Hamas rocket launch sites nestled among mosques, schools and nurseries in Gaza.

A series of satellite images, shared on the IDF's official website and social media accounts, shows what they claim are launch pits dug into the ground right next to the civilian structures - something Israel says backs up their claims that Hamas is using the Palestinian people as human shields.

Two alleged launch sites were located a stone's throw away from each other, one in the garden of a mosque, and another mere feet away from a kindergarten.

I expect several investigations will ensue after this. MOO

But, in the past, complaints were lodged against Israel for this same thing -- and eventually, Israel was cleared of wrongdoing for those very reasons.

At least in the cases I've read about. Of course, there could be some I'm not aware of.

Hamas' Use of Human Shields, Explained​

May 18, 2021 - 2 minutes
The Hamas terror organization manufactures, stores, and launches weapons among civilian areas in Gaza. This is a blatant violation of human rights—both Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad use Gazan civilians as human shields to protect their weapons by putting them in the direct line of fire.

Hamas In Their Own Words​

May 17, 2021 - 2 minutes
Hamas, the terrorist organization that controls the Gaza Strip, has been indiscriminately firing rockets at civilian areas of Israel for the past week. Hamas has always been clear about its main objective: to eradicate Israel and Jewish people, no matter where they live.

Yes. This goal is actually included in Hamas' Charter.

However, it bears saying that Hamas is a terrorist group and there are many, many Gazans who do not support Hamas. Gazans who are innocent of wanting Israel's demise.

That's why, in addition to sending military funding to Israel, the Western world is also supplying vital aid to Gazans.

11 hours ago

“The comments from the two senior members of US President Joe Biden’s cabinet came hours after the Pentagon said it was upping readiness in the region in response to “recent escalations by Iran and its proxy forces.”

Austin ordered the activation of air defense systems and notified additional forces that they may be deployed soon.”

But Austin also acknowledged that the ground invasion Israel says it plans to launch could well take longer than the time it took him to remove the Islamic State from power in Mosul, Iraq when he was the head of the US Army’s Central Command.

“Urban combat is extremely difficult. It goes at a slow pace,” he told ABC News.” “This may be a bit more difficult because of the underground network of tunnels that Hamas has constructed over time, and the fact that they have had a long time to prepare for a fight.

“So I think you’ll see a fight that’s characterized by a lot of IEDs, a lot of booby traps and just a really grinding activity going forward,” Austin said.”

[…]

“Armed factions close to Iran have threatened to attack US interests in Iraq over Washington’s support for Israel.

Multiple Iraqi bases used by US-led coalition troops have been targeted in attacks in recent days.”

Comments from Israeli military folks indicate they're prepared for a 3 month sweep of Gaza to root out Hamas.

Comments from Israeli military folks indicate they're prepared for a 3 month sweep of Gaza to root out Hamas.

Hey FD!

This video also talks about “stages”:

5:30ish: “I’m told there will be three stages to this war, first…”

ABC News World News Tonight| Israel expands air strikes beyond Gaza

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors