Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m afraid I can’t entirely agree.

It all depends on where you are and who you are, IMO, because that changes one’s perspective on what is happening now.

I’m certainly not enduring a time of famine, as has happened throughout history in different times and places, such as the Siege of Leningrad.

I am not a slave in bondage to a master.

Yet, as a Jewish person, I absolutely feel much more threatened than I did prior to the October 7th massacre by terrorists of Jews in Israel.

My parents were born in America in the 1930s and so did not directly experience Naziism, but my grandparents in Europe were under constant threat, pogroms and oppression, due to being Jewish. My great-grandfather was murdered and hung from a tree because he was Jewish.

As an American, in NYC surrounded by millions of other Jewish people, I’ve never felt threatened because I’m Jewish. I’m extremely adapted to people of every stripe, from every imaginable country and every religion and culture.

I did feel threatened by terrorism after living through 9/11 and having friends who died at the WTC. I felt threatened then as an average American.

Now, I feel PARTICULARLY under siege as a Jewish person.

I had an appointment last week in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn but couldn’t go due to the protest against Israel there. I always go to the Brooklyn Museum but can’t go ever again because of the anti-Israel protests there.

We are being told not to wear the Star of David, to take the Mezuzahs off our doors, the ultra Orthodox are being warned not to walk outside in their idiosyncratic religious garb.

I feel I am about to walk in the persecuted footsteps of my ancestors.

There have been anti-Semitic incidents, some violent, all around. The siege of the airport in Dagestan, marches in London and elsewhere, all the things we’ve seen on the news.

Here, in my homeland, in my native city, in A.D. 2023, it is unbelievable that this is what we are being told to do for our safety.

Lone wolf terrorists have committed many violent acts in NYC and across America, but the tone is much more vicious and widespread now.

Horrifically, these protests are even taking place in so-called institutes of higher learning, including my college Alma Mater.

I do not feel safe. I do not feel my family is safe.

IMO it is also naïve to believe this terror will not spread beyond Jews as targets, because the goal of Islamist extremists is indeed to wipe out all who don’t share their religion. They even kill their own women if they are not wearing a hijab and in some countries, a burka, or commit honor killings by fathers and brothers if a woman marries for love instead of who’s been arranged for her.

Terrorists are not playing, I repeat, they are not playing. They mean what they say and they follow through. They will wait patiently for their moment to strike, but strike they will.

IMO
Thank you for sharing your heartfelt concerns. Hugs.

"Bolivia breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.

The Bolivian government severed diplomatic relations with Israel on Tuesday, the Bolivian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced.
As reported, the reason is the 'crimes against humanity' that Israel - according to the Bolivian authorities - is committing in the Gaza Strip.

This is not the first such decision by the government in La Paz.
Reuters recalled that under Evo Morales' government in 2009, the country had already severed diplomatic relations with Israel in protest against its attacks on the Gaza Strip.
They were restored in 2020 under President Jeanine Anez."

Operational Update with an IDF Spokesperson, LTC Jonathan Conricus.

Israeli Troops and Armored Vehicles are Storming the City of Jenin in the West Bank once again tonight.

The Egyptian Army has begun to Deploy a number of M60A3 “Patton” Main Battle Tanks and YPR-765 Infantry Fighting Vehicles near the Rafah Border Crossing between the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt and the Gaza Strip, as Fears continue to mount that Palestinian Refugees may soon begin to Flood the Region.
1698802704877.png

After Negotiations between the United States, Egypt, and Israel, the Egyptian Government has Approved for 96 Palestinians who are Severely Wounded to be moved tomorrow from the Gaza Strip to Advanced Trauma Centers in the Northern Sinai Peninsula, with more and more Injured Palestinians expected to arrive over the coming weeks as it is soon expected to reach Thousands a Day once Egypt is able to Medically Care for them.
1698802821008.png

The Arrival of roughly 500 Foreign Nationals was also Approved by Egypt, with Aid Workers from UNSCO, MSF, UNRWA, and ICRC as well as the Citizens of Japan, Australia, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Austria, Finland, and Czechia expected to hopefully Cross into Egypt tomorrow unless they are Prevented once again by Hamas.

Unbelievable!!!
Millions to set up an outpost hospital for Palestinians and we still don't get our hostages back!!!

Is this insane or am I for expecting our hostages after all the aid and FUEL has been delivered.

Where the heck is the UN on our hostages? Why have they not pushed for the Red Crescent or Red Cross to see our hostages?

I'm pretty much over the UN !!!! We are the largest contributor by FAR and they side with terrorist!! No I'm done, US needs to redistribute this funding to a better use.

The top 10 providers of assessed contributions to United Nations peacekeeping operations for 2020-2021 are:
  1. United States (27.89%)
  2. China (15.21%)
  3. Japan (8.56%)
  4. Germany (6.09%)
  5. United Kingdom (5.79%)
  6. France (5.61%)
  7. Italy (3.30%)
  8. Russian Federation (3.04%)
  9. Canada (2.73%)
  10. Republic of Korea (2.26%)
All MOO....

Agree. We need to be on the Security Council so we have a veto, but the other operations we should get out of. This is Nikki Haley's position, former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.

“Attacks on Palestinians in the occupied West Bank are surging, with at least 115 killed, more than 2,000 injured and nearly 1,000 others forcibly displaced from their homes because of violence and intimidation by Israeli forces and settlers since Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, according the United Nations.

Among the dead are 33 children, according to an update on Sunday from the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, which has been tracking the conflicts.”
During WW2, Western Canada rounded up the Japaense and put them in a camp in the Rocky Mountains until the end of the war. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's a bit like Israelis trying to peacefully live with Hamas sympathizers during war. 1400 family members in farming communities were terrorized, mutilated, murdered, beheaded and burned. Two piles of 10 children with their hands tied behind their backs. Burned to a crisp, might be identified by teeth.

A group of Hamas sympathizers living in Israel's backyard is reasonable cause for concern. Only way around it for people in the West Bank is to 100% support the victims, assist with identifying the locations of hostages, and cooperate with Israel. Anything less means they are a threat that needs to be contained.

Israel-Hamas war live updates: Blast at Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza leaves massive wreckage (nbcnews.com)
2h ago / 5:19 PM PDT

IDF 'do not know yet’ number of civilian deaths in Jabalia strike, spokesman says​

[...]

“We do not know yet from a verifiable source how many noncombatants have been killed,” he said. He said the military takes “every precaution in order to minimize collateral damage.”

The strike killed Ibrahim Biari, a senior Hamas commander who was one of the architects of the Oct. 7 terrorist attack, the IDF has said.

The Indonesian Hospital in Gaza said dozens of other people were killed and hundreds were wounded. NBC News has not independently verified figures of casualties.

Another IDF spokesperson, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said today that when it struck Biari, it caused the collapse of adjacent buildings. He said Hamas is using the civilian population “as protective armor,” adding, “This is intentional and devastatingly barbaric.”

1h ago / 5:52 PM PDT

Blinken to travel again to Israel​

Blinken will make another trip to Israel on Friday, the State Department said.

Blinken went to Israel in mid-October, and Biden visited in the wake of the Oct. 7 terrorist attacks by Hamas.

“Secretary Blinken will travel to Israel on Friday for meetings with members of the Israeli government and then will make other stops in the region,” State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said.

Blinken today spoke with Israeli President Isaac Herzog. Blinken reiterated U.S. support for Israel’s right to defend itself, and the State Department said, “Secretary Blinken and President Herzog discussed efforts to safeguard U.S. citizens in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.”

After Negotiations between the United States, Egypt, and Israel, the Egyptian Government has Approved for 96 Palestinians who are Severely Wounded to be moved tomorrow from the Gaza Strip to Advanced Trauma Centers in the Northern Sinai Peninsula, with more and more Injured Palestinians expected to arrive over the coming weeks as it is soon expected to reach Thousands a Day once Egypt is able to Medically Care for them.
View attachment 457335

The Arrival of roughly 500 Foreign Nationals was also Approved by Egypt, with Aid Workers from UNSCO, MSF, UNRWA, and ICRC as well as the Citizens of Japan, Australia, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Austria, Finland, and Czechia expected to hopefully Cross into Egypt tomorrow unless they are Prevented once again by Hamas.
I'm assuming that patient-transfer will not take 3 weeks, might not even take 24 hours. The people in Gaza will figure out how to transfer patients between hospitals this time ... I'm guessing.

That's good news about the foreigners detained at the Egyptian border. Perhaps the arrival of negotiators from the USA has helped the situation.

The big question is whether Hamas is going to release 8 Russian hostages next. What are they worth to Hamas? What has Russia promised Hamas in exchange for the release of those hostages?

Israel-Hamas war live: US and Israel ‘consider peacekeeping force in Gaza’; Israel says it carried out Jabalia airstrike (theguardian.com)
2h ago20.16 EDT

400 American citizens and their family still in Gaza, says Blinken

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, speaking earlier on Tuesday at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing, said there were around 400 American citizens and their family members totalling around 1,000 people stuck in Gaza and wanting to get out.

“We’re working with various parties to try to facilitate their departure from Gaza. The impediment is simple: It is Hamas,” Blinken said, adding that there were another roughly 5,000 foreign nationals who were hoping to get out.

22m ago01.53 GMT
More now on the reports that injured Palestinians and foreign nationals in Gaza could be allowed to enter Egypt for treatment.

Earlier the border authority in Gaza said that Egypt had agreed to let in 81 of the most badly wounded on Wednesday through Rafah, the only crossing not controlled by Israel.

A photographer with the AFP news agency has reported seeing a large number of ambulances gathered at Rafah.

Separately, a medical official in the Egyptian city of El Arish told AFP that medical teams will be present at the Rafah crossing to examine cases and determine which hospitals they will be sent to.

The medical official added that a field hospital with an area of 1,300 square metres would be built to receive the wounded Palestinians in the city of Sheikh Zuweid in northern Sinai, about 15km from Rafah.

The BBC has reported that the UK Foreign Office has informed British nationals trapped in Gaza that Rafah might open for limited exits.

According to that report, the Foreign Office was unable to provide details on how the opening would be managed and who would be permitted to leave

3m ago22.13 EDT

Communications and internet services cut off in Gaza, says Palestinian telecoms company

Palestinian telecommunications company Paltel says that there is another “complete interruption of all communications and Internet services with the Gaza Strip.”

Writing on twitter it said that international routes have been cut off.

The tweet reads: “Dear people in our beloved homeland, We regret to announce a complete interruption of all communications and Internet services with the Gaza Strip, due to international routes that were previously reconnected being cut off again. May God protect you and protect our country.”

Gaza lost internet access on Friday before it was restored.

SYRACUSE, NEW YORK – Patrick Dai, age 21, a junior at Cornell University who is originally from Pittsford, New York, was arrested today on a federal criminal complaint charging him with posting threats to kill or injure another using interstate communications. The announcement was made by United States Attorney Carla B. Freedman; Alfred Watson, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Albany Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); New York State Police Acting Superintendent Dominick L. Chiumento; and Cornell University Police Chief Anthony Bellamy.

The complaint alleges that Dai posted threatening messages to the Cornell section of an online discussion site, including posts calling for the deaths of Jewish people and a post that said “gonna shoot up 104 west.” According to information provided by Cornell University Police and other public information, 104 West is a Cornell University dining hall that caters predominantly to Kosher diets and is located next to the Cornell Jewish Center, which provides residences for Cornell students. In another post, Dai allegedly threatened to “stab” and “slit the throat” of any Jewish males he sees on campus, to rape and throw off a cliff any Jewish females, and to behead any Jewish babies. In that same post, Dai threatened to “bring an assault rifle to campus and shoot all you pig jews.” The charges and the allegations in the complaint are merely accusations. The defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

The charge filed against Dai carries a maximum term of 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and a term of supervised release of up to 3 years. A defendant’s sentence is imposed by a judge based on the particular statute the defendant is charged with violating, the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other factors.
Dai is expected to make his initial appearance tomorrow in federal court in Syracuse, New York, before a United States Magistrate Judge.

The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), which includes the New York State Police, is investigating this case along with the Cornell University Police Department and the Ithaca Police Department. The United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York is prosecuting the case, in conjunction with the Counterterrorism Section of the Department of Justice.
Updated October 31, 2023

They need to throw the entire book at this young man. Maybe even the whole flippin' library, and make an example of him. NONE of this evil garbage should be tolerated for a single moment.

jmo

Although ... I'd imagine any incursion by these people into a U.S. base, will be met with a fair amount of force ?
What do they think they'll do even if they surround the military bases, break in, in a group -- and start shooting ?
Maybe the citizens of Turkey will ignore this man.
Still, what foolish words to tell the Turkish people, does he want to see them in harm's way ?
Omo.

“We’re working with various parties to try to facilitate their departure from Gaza. The impediment is simple: It is Hamas,” Blinken said, adding that there were another roughly 5,000 foreign nationals who were hoping to get out.
I've read this a couple of times today - that the reason foreigners are trapped at the Egypt border is that Hamas is preventing them from leaving.

I was certain that I had read until now that the problem was between Egypt and Israel - that they could not agree on releasing foreigners from Gaza into Egypt. The deal was that they enter Egypt, head to the airport, go home. They have never wanted to remain in Egypt, and Israel had no reason to interfere.

Today, the news switched. Hamas is the problem preventing foreigners from going home.

Great visual. Thanks for posting. So it makes sense that blowing that up under a hospital, etc, is going to cause a  lot of damage.
Blowing up the street 1-2 blocks away in any two directions from the hospital will cause structural damage. Think earthquake, but add hollow spaces with munitions under buildings. When the ground becomes unstable, sinkholes form and buildings collapse. Torpedoing bunkers around the hospital will definitely undermine the structural integrity of nearby buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth