Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan recalls ambassador from Israel over Gaza war​

Jordan has told its ambassador to come back from Israel over the war in Gaza, the foreign ministry said on Wednesday.

The ambassador would only return to Tel Aviv if Israel halted its war in Gaza and ended “the humanitarian crisis it has caused,” Reuters reports the ministry added.

Israel’s ambassador in Jordan, who left two weeks ago, would only be allowed to return on the same conditions, the ministry added.

So my first thought was "No! Not stick insects!" (I read about the mice yesterday).

I think if someone has no respect for animal life they have no respect for ANY life and should be put on a desert island far away from all other living beings.

Was also wondering where they got the little guys from? Is one of these running a shady pet shop that needs to be looked into? I know some people buy mice as snake food, but hundreds of them? Surely a normal person would ask questions...
This explains a lot, imo.
AUGUST 15, 2007
“Even at the zoo, we sometimes complain about the aggressive behavior of some of the children,” he said. “But we do not blame them. We blame the violent environment that surrounds them -- Israeli violence and Palestinian-Palestinian violence too.”
Israel pulled troops and settlers out of the Gaza Strip in 2005. Islamist Hamas took control of the territory in June after civil war with the long-dominant Fatah faction.
The Hamas-run TV station made world headlines in June when it featured a character who resembled Disney’s Mickey Mouse advocating Palestinian attacks against Israelis. “Farfur” was later “beaten to death” by an actor depicted as an Israeli.''
''Last Updated August 31, 2017.
In a horribly misguided attempt to teach Palestinian kids not to abuse animals, a show called Tomorrow’s Pioneers on Hamas’ Al Aqsa TV just featured a costumed “bee” named Nahoul tormenting animals. I watched the video (which I’m purposely not linking to), and I’m sorry, but showing a giant bee swinging cats by their tails and throwing rocks at caged lions is about the worst way I can think of to teach kids to be kind to animals''.

Looks like things are going slower than expected..sigh -MOO. I'm sure the border is closed for the evening, since it's already around 6 pm over there.

Officials at Rafah border crossing say 110 foreign passport holders departed Gaza as more aid arrives​

From CNN's Ibrahim Dahman and Hamdi Alkhshali

One hundred and ten foreign passport holders departed Gaza on Wednesday, according to officials on the Palestinian side of the Rafah border crossing.
It is not yet clear if all those foreign passport holders have crossed into Egypt.
Seventeen ambulances also left the Gaza side of the border on Wednesday, according to Rafah Crossing Media, the official communications wing of the border crossing — though it is unclear how many patients the ambulances were carrying.
Additionally, 20 trucks carrying aid arrived in Gaza, it said, but did not specify what type of aid was in the trucks.

"We must teach Israel a lesson, and we will do this again and again. The Al-Aqsa Flood is just the first time, and there will be a second, a third, a fourth. Because we have the determination...to fight."

What is Israel suppose to do?

Strikes on south Gaza: BBC verifies attacks in areas of ‘safety’​

Since the Israeli military issued the first of several instructions for civilians to evacuate north Gaza, hundreds of thousands of Gazans have moved to the south of the strip. But the south has continued to come under Israeli bombardment, leading the UN and other aid organisations to warn that nowhere in Gaza is safe for civilians.

To better understand the risk to civilians in south Gaza, BBC Verify has identified and analysed four specific instances of strikes in that region. We also looked at some of the warnings and evacuation instructions that were issued to Gazan civilians, including some advising them to move to certain areas in the south.

Some of these warnings were accompanied by maps with arrows pointing to vaguely defined areas to move towards. Three strikes we examined hit within, or close to, those areas in the days after the warnings were issued.

The IDF has said that it communicates with Gaza's residents in a variety of ways, including leaflet drops, social media posts in Arabic, and warnings issued through civilian and international organisations. In this piece we have examined the IDF's instructions posted on social media.

(...)

As crazy as it may sound, in my opinion, the only truly "safe" places would be where bombing and shelling have already "cleared" the area, leaving nothing behind...JMO

BBC reporter Rushdi Abualouf is at the Rafah border crossing, and he says “So far, 150 [people] have been transported over the border in buses.”

He reports:
There is no electronic system or stamping of passports - everything is down. There is only a civilian Palestinian officer checking passports and then allowing through those on a list of people cleared to leave.

The article I posted didn’t mention that they are not doing any of the things you describe. Respectfully, do you have a source for your statements?

Unfortunately, violence by the West Bank settlers against Palestinians has been going on for years, way before the horrific events in October. These multiple incidents can be found with a simple google search.

The article below mentions violence by the settlers going back at least as far as 2006.

Palestinians are the target of violence by Jewish Israeli settlers and their supporters, predominantly in the West Bank. In November 2021, Defense Minister Benny Gantz discussed the steep rise in the number of incidents between settlers and Palestinians in the West Bank, many of which result from attacks by residents of illegal settler outposts on Palestinians from neighboring villages”
In my opinion, Israel has every right to defend itself and avenge the massacres. But Israeli settlers should  not be attacking their neighbors without provocation.

I remember vividly watching the war in Vietnam in real time on TV, at dinner time. It was graphic and disturbing. Hoping that will not be quite as much. I think that we saw way too much real war back then.
I did as well. We would eat dinner, clean up the table, head to the den for the 6:30 news. At the time very violent, graphics scenes of troops on the ground in gunfire.

Yes, very traumatizing. We had several friends sons and family fighting at the time. I was six years old.

I feel for all the families living this nightmare. The children will carry these memories for life.
Moo

BBC reporter Rushdi Abualouf is at the Rafah border crossing, and he says “So far, 150 [people] have been transported over the border in buses.”

He reports:
There is no electronic system or stamping of passports - everything is down. There is only a civilian Palestinian officer checking passports and then allowing through those on a list of people cleared to leave.

As long as there's someone in authority actually checking passports and clearing people. Life goes on without computers.:)

Found this from yesterday @PommyMommy thank you
US nor UK are in the original announcement

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
Follow

The Arrival of roughly 500 Foreign Nationals was also Approved by Egypt, with Aid Workers from UNSCO, MSF, UNRWA, and ICRC as well as the Citizens of Japan, Australia, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Austria, Finland, and Czechia expected to hopefully Cross into Egypt tomorrow unless they are Prevented once again by Hamas.

Last edited:
Police in Manchester “got it wrong” when they removed posters of Israeli hostages from parts of the city, the chief constable has admitted. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) has confirmed it has launched an investigation after an officer was filmed tearing down fliers bearing images of Israelis kidnapped by Hamas.

The "deal" did Not include US citizens.

I don't understand either. Why would the US agree to this "deal"?

Sickening, no other words.
Moo...

Someone posted above that US citizens were not included in the first round of exits, but I don't think that precludes them from exiting in the next round.
Will try to find the post.

Reuters has a quick snap that “at least 320 foreign passport holders” crossed from Gaza to Egypt so far today.

UN agencies estimate that to date 1.4 million people living in Gaza have been displaced since Israel began military action on 7 October in response to the Hamas attack.

More details soon …

ETA: Update —

At least 320 foreign passport holders leave Gaza​

At least 320 foreign passport holders have crossed to Egypt from Gaza through the Rafah border crossing today, Reuters reported, citing Egyptian security sources and a Palestinian official.

Another 76 injured people have been transferred into Egypt, AFP reported, citing an Egyptian official.

The crossing opened on Wednesday for the first time in more than three weeks of brutal conflict to allow the evacuation of dozens of injured Palestinians requiring hospital treatment and hundreds of foreign passport holders.

A first list of about 500 foreigners or dual nationals had been cleared to leave Gaza, and evacuations are expected to continue in the days to come.

Last edited:
Update...

Five Americans among foreign passport-holders expected to pass through Rafah crossing today​

Natalie Kainz and Mithil Aggarwal
Five names with "USA" listed next to them are among those on a list of 500 foreign passport-holders expected to travel through the Rafah crossing to Egypt today.

Wael Abu Omar, a spokesman for the Gaza Crossings and Borders Authority, confirmed to NBC News that the list is authentic.

One of the Americans is Barbara Preston, also known as Barbara Zind, who said she was "at the gate" in a text to NBC this morning.

''US citizens are expected to begin departing Gaza as soon as Thursday, according to internal government correspondence obtained by CNN.

Crowds began to gather at the Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt Wednesday, amid reports that a Qatar-mediated deal to release foreign nationals had been agreed upon, multiple sources told CNN.

Approximately 400 American citizens and their family members — a total of about 1,000 people — have been stuck in Gaza, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said at a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing Tuesday.

The top US diplomat said he and the State Department are "focused on this intensely."

There are about 5,000 other third-country nationals in Gaza who also want to get out, Blinken added.

CNN's Priscilla Alvarez contributed reporting to this post.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member