Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an older Jewish woman in NYC, I wish I were able to go fight for Israel.

These militant terrorists will never stop. They still rejoice over 9/11, where I personally knew 10 people who died.

Today is not only the Jewish Sabbath but is also a holy day called Simchas Torah.

All my prayers for Israel.

My neighbour is visiting her grandparents in Tel Aviv right now. I am feeding her cat until Oct 12th.

What a nightmare to see the news footage. She was going to be taking them on a trip down the coast. I hope they are OK.

I tried to text but her phone seems to be turned off.
oh my goodness: I hope your neighbor will be alright-- absolutely horrific----

As an older Jewish woman in NYC, I wish I were able to go fight for Israel.

These militant terrorists will never stop. They still rejoice over 9/11, where I personally knew 10 people who died.

Today is not only the Jewish Sabbath but is also a holy day called Simchas Torah.

All my prayers for Israel.
No the militant terrorists will never stop -
Prayers for Israel

A local couple from my area are sitting on a cruise ship in the port of Haifa, Israel waiting on passengers that didn't return from their day excursion to Jerusalem/Tel Aviv. They can't leave port until the passengers have returned and then they will head out to the open sea.

2h ago (14:00 GMT)

We have enough Israeli captives to free all Palestinian detainees: Hamas​

Saleh al-Arouri says Hamas has enough Israeli captives to make Israel free all Palestinian prisoners in its jails.

The Hamas deputy chief told Al Jazeera, “We managed to kill and capture many Israeli soldiers. The fighting is still on. As to our prisoners I say, your freedom is looming large. What we have in hand will see you set free. The longer fighting continues, the higher the number of prisoners will become.”

47m ago (15:25 GMT)

Fighting ongoing at 22 locations near Gaza: Israeli military spokesman​

The spokesman said fighting was continuing at nearly a dozen locations near the division between Gaza and Israel, according to the Reuters news agency.

He said Israeli soldiers and commanders have been killed and prisoners of war have been taken.

Reporting from occupied East Jerusalem, Al Jazeera’s Sara Khairat said Israeli officials had confirmed that there are “Israeli soldiers and citizens that are being held captive in Gaza”.

“That has been officially confirmed to Al Jazeera by the Israeli military,” Khairat said.

38m ago (15:33 GMT)

Israeli rescue agency reports 70 Israelis dead, hundreds seriously wounded​

Israel’s national rescue service has said the death toll has risen to 70 Isrealis killed during Hamas attacks in southern Israel, with hundreds seriously wounded.
Israeli media have said the death toll has reached 100, although the figure could not be independently confirmed.

The Jerusalem Post has an updated casualty count and news regarding dragging civilian Israeli hostages into Gaza. This is so unspeakable.

The DM has info on Israeli grandmothers held hostage by terrorists removing them on golf carts.

Israel Gaza live updates: Israel citizens taken hostage in militant assault from Gaza - BBC News
Posted at 7:227:22

Hamas says it has captured 'senior officers'​

Graeme Baker
Live reporter
The deputy head of Hamas's political bureau, Saleh al-Arouri, has claimed "senior officers" from Israel's army have been captured

He told Al Jazeera's Arabic channel that "what is in our hands will free all the prisoners" in Israel - an apparent reference to Palestinians being held in Israeli jails.

Posted at 7:267:26

BREAKING Dozens of hostages believed to be taken by Hamas​

Jo Floto
Middle East bureau chief in Jerusalem

This is a nightmare scenario for many Israelis. We understand that dozens of hostages both military and civilian have been taken by Hamas.

Some are thought to be holed up in some of the small towns near the Gaza Strip. Others we know have been taken back into Gaza.

Posted at 7:307:30

Palestinian groups have used soldiers as bargaining chips in the past​

Graeme Baker
Live reporter
Palestinian militants attacked several military outposts - footage on social media shows militants inside an unidentified base, with burning Israeli vehicles including a Merkava tank.

Such incursions would give ample opportunity to capture Israeli officers and soldiers.

Palestinian groups have in the past used hostages as bargaining chips to secure the release of militants held by Israel.

Posted at 8:008:00

IDF denies major general among those captured​

Israeli officials deny reports that an Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) major general has been kidnapped.

Hamas claims it has taken 53 "prisoners of war" - ie. hostages.

The IDF is not commenting on more precise details.

Israel says civilians and soldiers held hostage in Gaza after major Palestinian attack – live (theguardian.com)

1h ago11.13 EDT

What we know so far​

• Israel and Hamas are once again at war after the Palestinian militant group launched a large aerial and ground operation this morning from the blockaded Gaza Strip.
  • Over 2,000 rockets were fired from Gaza toward Israel, according to the Israeli military, and Hamas gunmen infiltrated multiple of Israeli towns and villages on the periphery.
  • Israel has responded with air strikes in the Gaza Strip.
  • Fighting is still ongoing in southern Israel.
  • The Israeli military confirmed that civilians and soldiers have been taken hostage and are now in Gaza, without providing a number. Local media estimates there are tens of hostages.
  • The death toll in Israel is at least 100, with about 1000 injured, according to Israel’s emergency services.
  • The death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 198 with 1,610 injured, according to the Palestinian health authorities.
51m ago11.35 EDT
The UN security council is due to meet on Sunday.

The UN secretary-general, António Guterres, condemned the attack by Hamas and urged “all diplomatic efforts to avoid a wider conflagration”, UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said in a statement.

“The secretary-general is deeply concerned for the civilian population and urges maximum restraint.

14m ago12.13 EDT
In a speech on Saturday, Hamas’s leader Ismail Haniyeh told Arab countries that Israel cannot provide them with any protection, Reuters reports.

Haniyeh added that armed Palestinian factions plan to extend Gaza’s ongoing fight into the West Bank and Jerusalem, saying, “The battle moved into the heart of the ‘zionist entity.”

In the last few hours, dozens of IDF fighter jets struck 17 military compounds and 4 operational command centers belonging to the Hamas terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.

Prime Minister Netanyahu at the Security Cabinet meeting: "Since this morning, the State of Israel has been at war. Our first objective is to clear out the hostile forces that infiltrated our territory and restore the security and quiet to the communities that have been attacked.

A short while ago, an IDF aircraft targeted an additional terrorist cell

The fighting in southern Israel is still ongoing. Our security forces are securing areas which are under attack by Hamas terrorists who infiltrated Israeli communities and who have taken civilians captive.
1696697657837.png

Trigger warning: Hamas terrorists kidnapped an Israeli young woman earlier today.

Hamas = Isis. Same ideology, different names.

The footage coming out of southern Israel makes this absolutely clear.

IDF soldiers at the ready. The beginning of the end of Hamas has begun.

5m ago (16:55 GMT)

What we know about Israelis taken captive​

Both Israeli officials and Hamas leaders have acknowledged captives have been taken to Gaza. ...

Here’s what both sides have said:

Israel has said an unknown number of Israeli soldiers and civilians were taken into Gaza. Israeli military spokesman Hagari said Hamas fighters were also holding hostages in the towns of Beeri and Ofakim, located about 24 kilometers from Gaza.

Hamas spokesman Abu Obeida, meanwhile, said fighters had taken “dozens” of Israeli soldiers, including officers, captive. He said the captives were being held in “safe places” and militant tunnels. Hamas deputy chief Arouri previously told Al Jazeera that the captives would be used for prisoner exchanges.

Israel Gaza live updates: Israel citizens taken hostage in militant assault from Gaza - BBC News
Posted at 10:0110:01

Israel blindsided by most serious attack in a generation​

The scale of what's been happening is unprecedented. Hamas breached the wire that separates Gaza from Israel in multiple places in the most serious cross-border attack Israel has faced in more than a generation.

Videos and photos of dead Israelis, civilians as well as soldiers, are all over social media.

For months, it has been clear that there was a deepening risk of an explosion between Palestinian armed groups and Israel.

But no one expected Hamas to conceive and meticulously plan such a complex and coordinated operation out of Gaza.

Stunned that the iron dome was infiltrated and praying for Israel and this bloodshed to end! I am very concerned about the response and where this is going to lead.
It is stunning--- Hamas will rue the day they committed this horrific attack--- Israel was sadly asleep at the switch, but now the sleeping giant has been awakened and revenge will be swift and powerful.

Israel says civilians and soldiers held hostage in Gaza after major Palestinian attack – live (theguardian.com)
15m ago18.15 BST
Israeli planes bombed the house of Hamas Gaza chief Yehya Al-Sinwar in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, Hamas media said on Saturday, with no reports of casualties, Reuters reports.

17m ago (17:14 GMT)
Energy minister says electricity supply to Gaza halted

Israeli Energy Minister Israel Katz says he had ordered the state-run electricity company to halt supply to the blockaded enclave.

10m ago(17:23 GMT)
Palestinians set up groups, committees to ward off settler attacks

Amir Daoud, from the Wall and Settlements Resistance Commission, has said that neighborhood watch-like groups are being set up in more than 50 locations across the West Bank to repel expected settler attacks.

“The groups are being set up north and east of Ramallah, north and south of Nablus, and in Massafer Yata in Hebron, which are the areas that are most commonly attacked by Israeli settlers,” Daoud said.

Posted at 10:2010:20

BREAKING At least 150 people killed in Israel - officials

The death toll is now reported to be at least 150 in Israel now, with at least 1,000 injured, according to local media citing Israeli officials.

Posted at 10:2610:26

Hamas: We've fired 150 rockets

Hamas says they have fired 150 rockets in response to the Israeli air strike on the Palestine Tower, an 11-story building in the centre of Gaza City.

The sound of explosions can be heard across Gaza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member