Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
War used to be men soldiers fighting against other men soldiers. Now they torture and kill the most innocent and vulnerable and think it’s some sort of victory. :(

What I don't understand about this whole disaster is that not even a month ago, there was a 12 day closure of the Gaza strip. About 18000 residents who were usually given passes to work in Israel were denied. The strip was patrolled by the IDF because of the rising anger of the residents of Gaza being denied access to work. The anger boiled over resulting in skirmishes and unruly residents tossing things like burning tires and incendiary balloons over the fence. A couple of Gazans were shot and killed. Tempers were high, frustration and fear of another blockade. Israel's Defense Minister warned on September 27 that he would beef up security to avoid another Israeli defensive like the one in May where several members of a Hamas cell in Gaza were killed by the IDF. So what the hell happened? Was this terrorist attack planned in May? Where were IDF forces? This attack occurred less than 2 weeks from the day the Defense Minister warned of another IDF offensive? I don't get it.

They gave their lives to save their 10-month old twins and other residents who lived near them. They hid the babies in the safe room that Israel now requires of all new apartment buildings, and then took their firearms and engaged the Hamas terrorists and lost their own lives in the process. Thirteen hours later, relatives found the babies in the safe room.

Last edited:
What I don't understand about this whole disaster is that not even a month ago, there was a 12 day closure of the Gaza strip. About 18000 residents who were usually given passes to work in Israel were denied. The strip was patrolled by the IDF because of the rising anger of the residents of Gaza being denied access to work. The anger boiled over resulting in skirmishes and unruly residents tossing things like burning tires and incendiary balloons over the fence. A couple of Gazans were shot and killed. Tempers were high, frustration and fear of another blockade. Israel's Defense Minister warned on September 27 that he would beef up security to avoid another Israeli defensive like the one in May where several members of a Hamas cell in Gaza were killed by the IDF. So what the hell happened? Was this terrorist attack planned in May? Where were IDF forces? This attack occurred less than 2 weeks from the day the Defense Minister warned of another IDF offensive? I don't get it.
Wow… yeah that poses a lot of questions.

Israel-Hamas war live: Netanyahu says Israel’s siege ‘just getting started’; Hamas threatens hostage executions (theguardian.com)
2m ago04.13 BST
Gaza’s health ministry us appealing for the “opening of a safe corridor to ensure the entry of urgent medical aid into the Strip’s hospitals”, following what it said were targeted attacks on ambulances and “Gaza Strip hospitals’ urgent need for medical supplies necessary to provide health care to those wounded in the aggression.”

In a statement posted to the ministry’s website, it said, “Health facilities in the Gaza Strip suffer from a severe shortage in the basic list of medicines and medical consumables, as the shortage in medicines is approximately 44%, while the shortage in consumables is approximately 32% of the basic list.”

I was just reviewing a transcript of Netanyahu's UN address given just a couple of weeks ago.

Full text of Netanyahu’s UN address: ‘On the cusp of historic Saudi-Israel peace’​

The PM predicts the potential blessing of ‘a new Middle East,’ says ‘fanatics’ leading Iran will try to stop it, urges Palestinians to ‘finally embrace’ the Jewish state​

Because they were based on one false idea, that unless we first concluded a peace agreement with the Palestinians, no other Arab state would normalize its relations with Israel.

I’ve long sought to make peace with the Palestinians.

But I also believe that we must not give the Palestinians a veto over new peace treaties with Arab states.

The Palestinians could greatly benefit from a broader peace. They should be part of the process, but they should not have a veto over the process. And I also believe that making peace with more Arab states would actually increase the prospects of making peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

Militants threw grenades into bomb shelters and shot into passing cars near festival site, new videos show (cnn.com)
14 min ago

"I cannot describe the pain I feel": Family searches for information on missing woman​

Eran Litman said that his daughter was trying to escape the attack by Hamas militants in Israel on Saturday morning — but that was the last time he heard from her. Now, her family is searching for any information about what happened to her as hundreds of Israelis have been killed and thousands of others wounded in the attack.

The spelling of Litman's daughter's name was not immediately available.

Litman said she was in contact with him while she was trying to escape the fighting in a car. Soon, she told him she was hearing gunshots.

She was with her brother who later died in her arms, Litman said.

"She sent me a picture ... He was dead. She was holding him,” Litman said. “It was very difficult to watch it and to see it.”

He told her to run and hide just before they lost connection, but that was the last time they heard from her. Litman said the family does not know if she is hurt, hiding or was killed.

After communication was cut off, Yahali Ricardo has been searching for her sister.

“I just need to hold her. I really need to see her,” Ricardo said.

Ricardo said she has called several hospitals and went to a place where bodies were being transported to see if she could identify her sister.

"When I arrived there there were eight more trucks filled with bodies and I asked them, let me search for her because I am calling and asking people where is my sister and nobody can give me answers,” she said.

[...]

1m ago

Hamas official says organisation prepared for 'scenario of long war'​

Now from that Associated Press interview with exiled senior Hamas official Ali Barakeh.

Barakeh said Hamas is ready to fight a long war with Israel, saying it has an arsenal of rockets that will last a long time. He also said that the hostages taken by Hamas will be used to secure the release of Arabs detained in Israeli jails and Palestinians in US jails.

“We have prepared well for this war and to deal with all scenarios, even the scenario of the long war,” Barakeh told the AP. “We will bring life to a stop in the Zionist entity if the aggression does not stop on Gaza.”

Barakeh, who was Hamas’ representative in Lebanon for years and is now in charge of coordinating with other Palestinian factions, said his group will use the scores of Israelis it captured in the raid to secure the release of all Arabs detained in Israeli jails and even some Palestinians imprisoned in the United States on charges of funding Hamas.

“There are Palestinians held in America. We will ask for their release,” he said, without specifying who he was referring to.

In 2009, a court in Dallas sentenced two founding members of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, once the largest US Muslim charity, to 65 years in prison for funneling millions of dollars to Hamas. Three other men were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 15 to 20 years for conspiracy.

I wonder where Hamas could be storing all of their arsenal to engage in a long war? With Palestinian civilians no doubt.
With the sound of it they must be stocked but it would be hard to hide that much weaponry I would think.
They would also need to easily move them around where moving people and equipment might not cause alarm like under a Hospital in Gaza? And where they would not be targeted.
All my opinion and speculation.

1m ago

Hamas official says organisation prepared for 'scenario of long war'​

Now from that Associated Press interview with exiled senior Hamas official Ali Barakeh.

Barakeh said Hamas is ready to fight a long war with Israel, saying it has an arsenal of rockets that will last a long time. He also said that the hostages taken by Hamas will be used to secure the release of Arabs detained in Israeli jails and Palestinians in US jails.

“We have prepared well for this war and to deal with all scenarios, even the scenario of the long war,” Barakeh told the AP. “We will bring life to a stop in the Zionist entity if the aggression does not stop on Gaza.”

Barakeh, who was Hamas’ representative in Lebanon for years and is now in charge of coordinating with other Palestinian factions, said his group will use the scores of Israelis it captured in the raid to secure the release of all Arabs detained in Israeli jails and even some Palestinians imprisoned in the United States on charges of funding Hamas.

“There are Palestinians held in America. We will ask for their release,” he said, without specifying who he was referring to.

In 2009, a court in Dallas sentenced two founding members of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, once the largest US Muslim charity, to 65 years in prison for funneling millions of dollars to Hamas. Three other men were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 15 to 20 years for conspiracy.

If there are American hostages, then it sounds like Hamas will try to use them to get the release of Palestinians who are in prison in the U.S.

Hamas official: attack was known by only 'a handful' of commanders​

Ali Barakeh, a member of Hamas’ exiled leadership, said only a small number of top commanders inside Gaza knew about the wide-ranging incursion launched into Israel, but that allies like Iran and the Lebanese Hezbollah “will join the battle if Gaza is subjected to a war of annihilation.” Israel-Hamas war

I wonder where Hamas could be storing all of their arsenal to engage in a long war? With Palestinian civilians no doubt.
With the sound of it they must be stocked but it would be hard to hide that much weaponry I would think.
They would also need to easily move them around where moving people and equipment might not cause alarm like under a Hospital in Gaza? And where they would not be targeted.
All my opinion and speculation.
IMO They hide it in schools, hospitals, mosques and tunnels.
They have no regard for human life. Not their own people and not others.

“We’ll never party again, ever”: Survivors of Israeli festival targeted by Hamas describe chaos​

Survivors of a music festival in Re’im, Israel, described scenes of chaos and fear as Hamas gunmen attacked just after dawn on Saturday.

One young Israeli man who survived the massacre, 30-year-old Sahar Ben Sela, cried for his friends as he described the harrowing scene when Hamas militants stormed the festival with automatic guns, grenades, RPGs and other weapons.

Saturday’s attack was part of an unprecedented attack on Israel, the deadliest in decades. More than 260 bodies were recovered from the festival and at least 800 Israelis have been killed. Israeli air strikes have killed more than 500 people, including 20 children.

Another survivor, Elad Hakim, said the party turned from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds. Hakim said he and his friends quickly realized they should escape but found Hamas militants armed with rifles awaiting them on the roads and in a nearby army base where they tried to find refuge.

After staying in a safe room in the base for 12 hours, they were finally able to make their way back to central Israel, only to find hundreds of burned and damaged cars abandoned on the side of Israeli roads.

104294382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member