"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since Dr. Lee was such a part of the OJ trial I have absolutely no respect for the man or anything he says. Pay him enough, he'll say anything no matter which side.

SuperDave,

IMO, when Henry Lee stated that there may not have been a killer, I think he meant it just the way he stated it. JonBenet could have acted alone.

This theory would involve something that no one wants to publicly discuss because of the embarrassments, but would explain the family's, the district attorney's, and even the court's apparent involvements in the coverup -- the possibility that JonBenet accidentally strangled herself while experimenting with autoerotic asphyxiation.

Everything else in the case, including the gory parts, would be staging and a desperate attempt to make the death look like something it wasn't.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab, how do I know? After all, sometimes I think there's a language barrier with Henry.

Hi! I have never actually contributed to any forum before, but since this person was found in Thialand, I have been watching you folks talk about the case several steps ahead of the mainstream media.
I have always been interested in why no one has been brought to justice for this little girl, and the seemingly going prevalence of crimes against children in our society.
I first heard of autoerotic asphyxiation through an kind of alert to parents, and I really believe that had to be the purpose of this sadistic means of torture on this child. I cannot believe that a six year old would have the knowledge of it, or would attempt it on herself. It surely would not have been the first time, so wouldn't her parents have noticed red marks on her neck from previous attempts?

I apologize if I am posting a message in the wrong spot. Correct me about forum etiquette, but a couple of little things have always bothered me about this case:

(and I am not meaning to suggest guilt, just that I have been preplexed...)
If my child had been just found missing from her own bed, I would have immediately checked on my young son. I wouldn't have let that boy out of my sight, for fear that he may also have been in immediate danger. If I remember correctly, and my faculties are not what they once were, didn't the Ramseys have Burke taken to a neighbour or friend's home shortly thereafter?
And the abandonment of her body before it was picked up by the coroner - a few years ago my nephew was killed in a car accident. He was 24, his mother and father wanted to be with the body as long as they could, and they time they could not be (transportation for autopsy, etc.) was agonizing for them. I would have to have been pulled from my six year old child.

I think she was accidentally pushed down the stairs.

T-Rex:
If she were accidentally pushed down the stairs, why not just tell the police she must have fell? Why this elaborate cover up?
I don't mean to say it isn't possible, just trying to sort this out in my own mind.

redbetty said:
T-Rex:
If she were accidentally pushed down the stairs, why not just tell the police she must have fell? Why this elaborate cover up?
I don't mean to say it isn't possible, just trying to sort this out in my own mind.
Redbetty, welcome to the forum. Yes, why this elaborate cover up?
Probably something happened that wasn't goint to be explained away easily and would have stained the reputation of the perp.

If JBR was struck in a fit of rage by a parent the parent would probably not be able to explain it away as an accident even though the purpose of the blow was not to be fatal.

My theory is someone (Mom) was chasing her, and was very angry. As they came barrelling past the open basement door, they shoved it out of the way. But JB was on the other side, and went flying down the stairs. She appeared to be dead, of a broken neck. That's what the garrote was supposed to "explain."

Hi - thanks for making me feel welcome.
That is a good point. I have always believed that no parent could do this to their child. Even in a fit of rage, a terrible blow to the head, would she have died instantly from that? Wouldn't there be evidence of blood in the house where she was struck? After all, if we are talking about an accident, it would not have occurred in that out-of-the-way room in the basement, but more likely in the bathroom or bedroom, or perhaps as was suggested the stairway.
If she didn't die at once, there would have to have been a frenzy to decide how to handle the cover up, etc...while this child lay dying. It seems difficult to believe that a parent's first instinct would not be to call for medical help.

T-Rex, that is an interesting theory. I had not thought of that scenerio, but it is possible.

redbetty said:
I apologize if I am posting a message in the wrong spot. Correct me about forum etiquette, but a couple of little things have always bothered me about this case:

(and I am not meaning to suggest guilt, just that I have been preplexed...)
If my child had been just found missing from her own bed, I would have immediately checked on my young son. I wouldn't have let that boy out of my sight, for fear that he may also have been in immediate danger. If I remember correctly, and my faculties are not what they once were, didn't the Ramseys have Burke taken to a neighbour or friend's home shortly thereafter?
And the abandonment of her body before it was picked up by the coroner - a few years ago my nephew was killed in a car accident. He was 24, his mother and father wanted to be with the body as long as they could, and they time they could not be (transportation for autopsy, etc.) was agonizing for them. I would have to have been pulled from my six year old child.

I agree, they would have to pry my hands off my child before they took them away. I have had family members pass and I sat with them until taken away.

Yes Packerdog. I think that these very early "choices" on the part of the parents has cast suspicision (rightly or wrongly) on them.

redbetty said:
Hi - thanks for making me feel welcome.
That is a good point. I have always believed that no parent could do this to their child. Even in a fit of rage, a terrible blow to the head, would she have died instantly from that? Wouldn't there be evidence of blood in the house where she was struck? After all, if we are talking about an accident, it would not have occurred in that out-of-the-way room in the basement, but more likely in the bathroom or bedroom, or perhaps as was suggested the stairway.
If she didn't die at once, there would have to have been a frenzy to decide how to handle the cover up, etc...while this child lay dying. It seems difficult to believe that a parent's first instinct would not be to call for medical help.

I have told this story here before. Years ago my mothers very good friend and her went shopping for the day and the friends husband was at home alone and took a shower. He slipped in the tub and hit his head, no blood. When the emts arrived they thought he had a heart attack, only after, during the autopsy did they find the same type of crack in the skull.

packerdog said:
I have told this story here before. Years ago my mothers very good friend and her went shopping for the day and the friends husband was at home alone and took a shower. He slipped in the tub and hit his head, no blood. When the emts arrived they thought he had a heart attack, only after, during the autopsy did they find the same type of crack in the skull.

okay - I thought there would be blood loss for sure. And the experts have no idea what came first - the blow or the garrotte?

Yep, that's right, Packerdog (almost typed Packergod, heehee!)! I guess we've spent many hours over the years debating this one point and I've always believed JonBenet's head injury was in her bathroom, possibly the kitchen, or maybe she was hit while in the basement with the flashlight or something akin to that. She didn't bleed...no blood anywhere except that minute amount in her panties.

Sometimes, when I want to entertain an alterior scenario, I think Burke was playing Dr. with her in the basement and hit her with the flashlight when she screamed because he hurt her. There are numerous problems with this scenario...not the least of which was the supposed intricacy of the garrote!

I still do subscribe to the idea this child wasn't meant to die. It was "an accident" in that sense. No self-respecting pedophile (is that an oxymoron?) would KILL HER! He's take her with him as his property. That's what I've always thought.:bang:

T-Rex said:
My theory is someone (Mom) was chasing her, and was very angry. As they came barrelling past the open basement door, they shoved it out of the way. But JB was on the other side, and went flying down the stairs. She appeared to be dead, of a broken neck. That's what the garrote was supposed to "explain."
This makes sense to me. I mean the head blow was really an accident that happened during an atack of rage and then the staging occured to protect the killer.

I have always thought they used the garrote in staging because manual strangulation is such a personal way to kill someone, and the killer just could not bring themselves to actually put their hands around her neck.

gaia said:
Yep, that's right, Packerdog (almost typed Packergod, heehee!)! I guess we've spent many hours over the years debating this one point and I've always believed JonBenet's head injury was in her bathroom, possibly the kitchen, or maybe she was hit while in the basement with the flashlight or something akin to that. She didn't bleed...no blood anywhere except that minute amount in her panties.

Sometimes, when I want to entertain an alterior scenario, I think Burke was playing Dr. with her in the basement and hit her with the flashlight when she screamed because he hurt her. There are numerous problems with this scenario...not the least of which was the supposed intricacy of the garrote!

I still do subscribe to the idea this child wasn't meant to die. It was "an accident" in that sense. No self-respecting pedophile (is that an oxymoron?) would KILL HER! He's take her with him as his property. That's what I've always thought.:bang:
There is one striking detail that says that Burke was at least not alone in the deed.

The winecellar door was latched. The latch was placed at a height that Burke couldn't reach. PR used the winecellar to store christmas presents in, when she did that she latched the door to keep the children out.

So we know, the one who placed JBR in the winecellar latched the door after closing it. Why? The latch had only a purpose for keeping kids out of the winecellar. Maybe someone who used to hide things in the winecellar would do it...

Another interesting thing about the latch is that JR states that this door was never latched.

Go figure...

Oh, yes, tumble, I remember that now. The latch was to keep kids out! Good catch. Yep, I think, if Burke did it, it must have happened somewhere else or the door was unlatched (as John said it was kept!!!) and Burke took her there to go somewhere no one would look. Then, the accident was discovered by the parents or he told them and they took over from there!

Sheesh, I dunno. I just think the Rams were involved. I just got through re-reading the Linda Arndt deposition in its entirety for the first time and she was just so convinced (as she saw John bring JB upstairs) HE had done it. She felt he was a molester at that very moment she saw him with the body and when she knelt down with him very close to the body, she said the look in his eyes truly weirded her out. Sure woulda weirded me out!!!

Truth be told, I just have to think this murder was accidental. To me, AIN'T NOBODY wanted this beautiful little girl DEAD. And, there was no kidnapping for ransom gone wrong...not in my book.:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back