It's time to drain the Anthony pool

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update: I just talked personally with the Orange County Sheriffs Dept, and gave my information to Paula.

Anyone know what Caylees Grandfather does for a living or is he retired? He looks VERY SMART and NERVOUS.

I also wonder what the life of chloroform fumes is, and what size container it comes in? IF it puts a person OUT I wonder what it does to the smelling abilities of a cadaver dog at the edge of the pool?

Caylees Grandfather is retired LE detective from Ohio. Was just starting in security. I'd wager he knows a bit more than the average bear on the subjects we're discussing here.

Interesting question about effect of chloroform on cadaver dogs...THAT ONE WENT RIGHT BY ME (doh) :waitasec:

Thanks, boogiebear. That's the kinda info I was lookin' for. :)

IF you can hangaround a second...I was going to ask if the Anthony home is a slab home or on a foundation. To that end, if a body were buried under the home in a crawlspace, and the dogs were on the property, if they weren't led to the crawlspace, would they indicate somehow?

They would have hit where human decomp was. Where a body was sit down, buried, tools that touched something that touched the body.
My service dog, bless her little heart, knows when my nerve damage on my leg, deep next to the bone is hurting, because she can smell it.(She lays next to my leg, to warm it up. She knows it helps.) Dog can smell things we know nothing about.
Decomp is a very unusual smell(thank God), and a trained dog would not miss it, if they are near it. It may take a few moments for them to pinpoint it, especially if something was dragged or touched multiple things, but they are trained to hit on all of that, and then show the strongest concentration.

Caylees Grandfather is retired LE detective from Ohio. Was just starting in security. I'd wager he knows a bit more than the average bear on the subjects we're discussing here.

Interesting question about effect of chloroform on cadaver dogs...THAT ONE WENT RIGHT BY ME (doh) :waitasec:

The dogs would not have liked the chloroform and it put them in intense danger if you ask me, but they would have smelled decomp straight through it. In their training, they use strong smells trying to hide the decomp, but the dogs easily smell right through them. Those dogs were so lucky not be injuried. I would still take them to a vet and do blood tests. Someone might have been stupid enough to try to hide decomp smell with chloroform, hoping to either cover it up(impossible it would still be in the air, cause the dogs to avoid the area, because they hate the smell(the dogs like their rewards too much to give up, which gets them in trouble sometimes, and their handlers), or to actually hurt the dogs.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, boogiebear. Very, very interesting & helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, boogiebear. Very, very interesting & helpful.

Not a problem, my service dog as I said is 230lb mastiff, and she is a bracing dog. That simply means she helps me up, helps me walk when I am not in the scooter, and keeps me from falling(literally pinning me against a wall, when she realizes I am getting unbalanced, which she knows before I do). Having a dog you depend on, you get a lot of advice and I had a lot of help from many different kinds of dog trainers.
This is the second dog I trained myself for my use. She has passed state requirements to be a "service dog". People forget that dogs see, hear, tastes, and view the world differently then we do. Granted we maybe able to use a computer, but they can smell 2000 times better(sensitive, distance, etc) than we do, and they do many other things better than we do. It is a great partnership, when everyone respects the each other.

It takes quite a while to drain a pool of that size. Once it's drained, then you have the liner to contend with. It takes a few people to remove this liner. Once the liner is removed you have to deal with the walls of the pool as the walls are pretty flexible without the water supporting the walls. Or it could be visa versa, take the walls down then the liner.

The entire neighborhood would certainly have been aware that the street has all this water running down it for days and days.

We have an in-ground pool and it is considerably larger than the Anthony's pool. We can drain our pool in ~ 2 hours with a gas powered water pump. They cost ~$300.00 to buy but you can rent them at some equipment rental places. If I had to guess, the Anthony's pool could be drained in less than an hour using the pump that I mentioned. I wonder if any equipment rental places in the area rented them a pump.

We drain our water in our backyard and there are no houses behind ours. I doubt anyone would ever know when we drain our pool.

Just throwing in my 2 pennies.

We had a large above ground pool when I was growing up. When we drained it...the water pretty much stayed in our yard. Then we had to contend with the liner...which is somehow "attached" to the side of the pool, and then we had the ledge all away around the pool. It was a lot of hard work, and we all know how fond Casey is of anything even remotely resembling work...even if she had assistance. Ah, no.

I find it highly unlikely that Casey (and Co.) drained the pool, dismantled it to bury Caylee and then reassembled and refilled.

I feel that this is entirely Casey's doing, she acted alone in causing harm to Caylee and then disposing of Caylee, after briefly hiding Caylee's body somewhere in the backyard.

But, hey...this is all just my opinion.

I guess for me I'm ready to say Casey's parents aren't in denial, they're in protect Casey mode. I still haven't turned any corners on the parents being involved in the cover-up (well at the time 911 calls etc were going on).

If the pool was drained to bury Caylee, that yard and even the neighbors yard would have seen much water. Waddles had posted about the weather during this time, and it had rained or been cooler weather. But the draining of that pool wouldn't have been missed, even by the neighbors, imo.

I doubt Caylee is under the pool, but I certainly think the police grabbing past water bills might be a good idea, just to ensure they cover all bases.jmo

--->>>Thank you for this information. An Aha moment for certain, retired detective. I am thinking that any man his age would also HAVE a shovel of his own in HIS garage. I have been following this case with media coverage alone. So I may drift sideways in being spot on about FACTS in this case.

The neighbor said Caylees mom had their shovel for two hours then returned it. My Question is - did she take the shovel elsewhere to use it?

Wonder if LE took the neighbors shovel to test for soil debris on it? That may in fact be why LE is focusing on the Park nearby, because of some special soil situation on the neighbors shovel.

I searched a long time yesterday to try and find a picture of THE pool, no luck. Does someone have a link for that?

About the pool being green, Lee just purchased a new part for the cleaning thing on Ebay..i have no clue what they are called..the little creeper thing that floats arond the bottom of the pool..so perhaps that is why the pool has been dirty. ETA: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370080034105

They are so meticulous about their front lawn (fertilizing) but let the pool turn green. Seems odd. After a pool turns green the only way to get it clear again is by using chemicals (usually shocking it with high doses of chlorine). The part that Lee bought is for cleaning the bottom of the pool but will do nothing for the green water.

IMO - There is a very remote chance she was buried under the pool but very doubtful.

Bumping up -> hoping for someone to post a link with a picture of the Anthony swimming pool.

Thanks

We have an in-ground pool and it is considerably larger than the Anthony's pool. We can drain our pool in ~ 2 hours with a gas powered water pump. They cost ~$300.00 to buy but you can rent them at some equipment rental places. If I had to guess, the Anthony's pool could be drained in less than an hour using the pump that I mentioned. I wonder if any equipment rental places in the area rented them a pump.

We drain our water in our backyard and there are no houses behind ours. I doubt anyone would ever know when we drain our pool.

the thing is, I don't think that they could have emptied and refilled the pool without the neighbors noticing. Even moreso if they used a pump. Plus that is easily detectable by simply noting the water ussage from the meter or water records.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/08/06/the-back-yard-where-casey-and-caylee-were-living/

You can also locate on Google Map 4937 Hopespring Dr. Orlando FL, satelite view and kinda scale the aerial view vs. something else of a known size (e.g. car in the same view).

--->>>Thank you BJB, that picture gave me an entirely new perspective!

The timeline for the amount of time that the mom had the shovel BEFORE she returned it seems most important. Plus fact and HOPE there would have been some soil samples on it after nearly a MONTH, since it was borrowed.

God bless the people who have the inside information and are working on it all.

Yep grandpa is a valuable asset to his daughter in perhaps more ways than one. SAD case.

If anyone cracks in this case it might be the son, IF anyone does.

412.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV