James Hoover

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching and listening to Hoover and DC closely, I have come to the conclusion that DC was embarrassed to say he was following the lead of a psychic and Hoover is trying to make money and a name for himself. He planted himself in the middle of this, wasn't invited. He never told LE about this visit and film until after Caylee was found. Most of what LP says simple isn't true, but if he is telling the truth about this one, Hoover's motives are clear. DC seemed more straight forward in his interview with LE than Hoover has appeared, IMO, other than the obvious embarassement over the psychic bit. I know the phone records from the psychic haven't been shared yet but that doesn't mean they don't exist. (BTW, the blackjack does exist, according to a May comment in Myspace with her former boss but LE hasn't done anything I can see to get a hold of those records.) As for Cindy giving her a toy of Caylee's but not Tim Miller, he would only look for a dead Caylee, which she wasn't yet prepared to accept and Miller was brought in by LE who already had many items of Caylee's. Why would they have to give out more items?

I agree that DC sounds embarrassed about giving the shoddy and as of yet unsubstantiated claim that the tip was from a psychic - but I disagree that he is more straightforward. I suspect if Hoover had not gone to LP and announced his intentions that DC would have never admitted anything. He waffled considerably in his initial statements to the press. If anything, DC might been seen as having more to gain than Hoover - he was ostensibly under contract with KC, GA and CA and was very specific about how much money he had not been paid by anyone. After putting in as many hours as he claimed he had, he may have decided that going to the press to sell photos of the grave site might be more lucrative. Hoover at least admitted his greed. And I don't believe DC's claim for a minute that he didn't know he was being filmed. There are problems with the veracity of both men's statements but ultimately Hoover came forward first.

Since any of the A family statements might be subject to dispute, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything happening on one of their myspace accounts. I see that LE removed several phones, including a blackjack I believe, from KC's room, but she admitted she switched the SIM cards which means nothing as all calls on any phones used would be under the same account and show up on the same bill. She did not claim to have a separate account, which I'm sure LE has investigated, so unless she had a throwaway phone, I think the blackjack is a pretty moot point.

And as for Cindy and TM, it's my understanding that she called and requested that he come. After he spent his own time and money to meet with her, she threw a fit because his strategy would be to recover a body of a child missing for over a month. This makes perfect sense. Search teams looking for a lost or wandering toddler who is alive would need to do so in the first few days. CA also blasted LE for not issuing an Amber Alert, conveniently forgetting that is also useless if not done within the first day or two of any abduction. Instead of focussing on the fact that it was her daughter KC who had rendered such strategies useless, she found it more satisfying to criticize and refuse to cooperate with the only people actively looking to find her granddaughter. Refusing to give Tim something of Caylee's to use for scent and assuming he would take a catalogued item of evidence from LE does not make sense either. CA made a name for herself looking gift horses in the mouth throughout the entire ordeal.

As for Cindy giving her a toy of Caylee's but not Tim Miller, he would only look for a dead Caylee, which she wasn't yet prepared to accept and Miller was brought in by LE who already had many items of Caylee's. Why would they have to give out more items?

You are incorrect Aquarian, is was Cindy that called in Tim Miller in the first place. TM met with her and George, and they introduced him to LE.

Are you trying to play devil's advocate here? :)

You are incorrect Aquarian, is was Cindy that called in Tim Miller in the first place. TM met with her and George, and they introduced him to LE.

Are you trying to play devil's advocate here? :)

Cindy only called TES because she was being poked and prodded by several people to do so. She did not want them involved originally.

[/b]

Who is her former boss?

He belongs to that invisible crowd of people that Casey used to hang out with...........you know, Zanny, Juliet, Samantha. :crazy::crazy:

Ok, where to begin...If Cindy is in fact the one that brought TM there, I stand corrected. I was basing my statement on the numerous times I heard TM state this but I am willing to be wrong, if in fact I am.

Her boss I refer to is she, not he, Heather McDonald; myspace : http://www.myspace.com/squishy23 I believe the blackjack comment is page 5. There are other messages from Casey also. I don't consider the blackjack moot at all, at this point in time. I say LE hasn't done anything to follow up on the blackjack based on what they have released. They could be holding that back, and in that case, I will retract this statement when it is proven wrong.

Finally, I'm sure at least part of DC's reluctance to answer questions is the whole privilage issue, legally, what he is or isn't allowed to talk about. Each question had to be thought about from that perspective before he could answer. JH doesn't have that problem since he wasn't hired by anyone.

Whiteangora, exactly what that DC said was proven to be a lie? Link please? As far as I've read the only shadow cast on what he has said is by JH which I don't think is trustworthy. He wasn't even working with proper liciensing but DC was. The way he was hedging about the work questions, he may not have been hired by anyone in the last 25 years or doesn't want their name out for other reasons. But, I don't think it was any of that attorney's business anyway, not relevant to the defamation case. So maybe he avoided those questions for that reason.

When I first saw the video I knew something was wrong. Those PIs were there for a reason and they knew Caylee was there somewhere. Who told them? I don't know BUT in IMO it was someone who was very close to KC.

And it does seem like JM is trying the murder case. IMO, JM is just being nosey. JH deposition seemed to have nothing to do with ZFG. Why???? What is he looking for? Does anyone think that the prosecution put JM up to this whole thing?

IMO...not the prosecution. ...think LP. I have believed LP is involved in the ZFG+JMorgan relationship for months now.:)

For starters - either DC lied about his lack of knowledge that Hoover was filming him at the site where Caylee's remains were found OR DC is TOTALLY blind! How could he NOT know someone was filming him? HELLOOOOOOO!

How do you know this, Angora?

Nevertheless, Aquarian's statement is incorrect - Cindy called in TES, not LE.

I am not questioning what you said:)
Cindy was 'persuaded' to call TES by some people from this very forum as well as Tony P, Leonard's nephew. This was back towards the end of August and there are threads pertaining to the matter.
If I'm not mistaken, our own Tricia was involved in convincing Cindy to call TES.:blowkiss:

For starters - either DC lied about his lack of knowledge that Hoover was filming him at the site where Caylee's remains were found OR DC is TOTALLY blind! How could he NOT know someone was filming him? HELLOOOOOOO!

:applause::applause:This is why I wouldn't even know where to start with the
L
O
N
G
list it would take to mention all of Dominic Casey's LIES.
Yea, he was there 'cause he wanted to prove/disprove it was a
longtime hangout for Casey and her friends. :pinocchio: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:applause::applause:This is why I wouldn't even know where to start with the
L
O
N
G
list it would take to mention all of Dominic Casey's LIES.
Yea, he was there 'cause he wanted to prove/disprove it was a
longtime hangout for Casey and her friends. :pinocchio: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I think it's a matter of Dominic Casey hanging out for too long with Cindy.

Just saying.:rolleyes:

Can you list anything you know for a fact is a lie, already disproven, and how it was disproven? So far isn't it Hoover's word against Casey's?

As for DC not knowing at first he was being taped, that's happened to me many times. It's easy, especially when your eyes are focused on the ground, back to the camera most of the time and the person is sitting in the car with the glass reflecting. That is what that reflection was, I guess. At first I thought he was videotaping the video being shown on the televison screen and caught his own reflection on the screen. I still wonder about that. I could clearly see the reflection of a man's legs.

What are you saying is a lie and how do you know?

Is it that he said the first thing he would do if he had the misfortune to find Caylee's remains is to pray and then call 911?

Is it that he didn't have any way of knowing whether Caylee was there in November or not? That would only help LE, not hurt.

He said in another statement that he went there to confirm or disprove Kio Marie's statement and while he was there was going to follow up on this other lead. Why is that so hard to believe? It would be important for the defense to check every aspect of her statement.

What are you saying is a lie and how do you know?

Is it that he said the first thing he would do if he had the misfortune to find Caylee's remains is to pray and then call 911?

Is it that he didn't have any way of knowing whether Caylee was there in November or not? That would only help LE, not hurt.

He said in another statement that he went there to confirm or disprove Kio Marie's statement and while he was there was going to follow up on this other lead. Why is that so hard to believe? It would be important for the defense to check every aspect of her statement.

Nix this. The thread disappeared.
If you wanna continue about Casey and his lies go here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3555008&posted=1#post3555008

Looking back over the timeline in this case, I am thinking the link to Suburban may have involved LA, too. Lee goes all these months without an Attorney and suddenly hires one on, or about, December 30th. On December 31st, WFTV releases an article about the PI's and their trip to Suburban in mid November and the fact that there may be a video of said trip. Strange timing or does it have relevance...I don't know for sure, but I'd guess it may have relevance. My opinion only.

Watching and listening to Hoover and DC closely, I have come to the conclusion that DC was embarrassed to say he was following the lead of a psychic and Hoover is trying to make money and a name for himself. He planted himself in the middle of this, wasn't invited. He never told LE about this visit and film until after Caylee was found. Most of what LP says simple isn't true, but if he is telling the truth about this one, Hoover's motives are clear. DC seemed more straight forward in his interview with LE than Hoover has appeared, IMO, other than the obvious embarassement over the psychic bit. I know the phone records from the psychic haven't been shared yet but that doesn't mean they don't exist. (BTW, the blackjack does exist, according to a May comment in Myspace with her former boss but LE hasn't done anything I can see to get a hold of those records.) As for Cindy giving her a toy of Caylee's but not Tim Miller, he would only look for a dead Caylee, which she wasn't yet prepared to accept and Miller was brought in by LE who already had many items of Caylee's. Why would they have to give out more items?

I hope you don't mind, but I respectfully disagree with you. After viewing Hoover's depo, I find him to be very honest in his answers...yes, he may have entertained ideas of making a buck with the video, but who in this case hasn't, including Caylee's closest relatives, her grandparents. As far as Dominic C. goes, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. I haven't seen an interview or video of him yet, that doesn't make my hair curl with distrust.

BTW...it was Cindy who contacted TES, not LE. TES must be contacted by a family member before they will come and do a search. Little did Tim M. know how uncooperative and insulting the Anthony's would be. Certainly took a toll on his health.

SNIPPED: "... Finally, I'm sure at least part of DC's reluctance to answer questions is the whole privilage issue, legally, what he is or isn't allowed to talk about. Each question had to be thought about from that perspective before he could answer. JH doesn't have that problem since he wasn't hired by anyone.

Whiteangora, exactly what that DC said was proven to be a lie? Link please? As far as I've read the only shadow cast on what he has said is by JH which I don't think is trustworthy. He wasn't even working with proper liciensing but DC was. The way he was hedging about the work questions, he may not have been hired by anyone in the last 25 years or doesn't want their name out for other reasons. But, I don't think it was any of that attorney's business anyway, not relevant to the defamation case. So maybe he avoided those questions for that reason.

For starters, just because James H says he wasn't retained by anyone and that he was offering his services for free does NOT mean that he wasn't acting as an investigator and/or AGENT on behalf of the Anthonys (legally referred to as his "principals") within the eyes of the law - which is what is going to matter when the civil and criminal cases reach the trial phases. Any time anyone acts on behalf of another, whether said action is being paid for by the principal or is free because the agent volunteers their services, if it is cloaked with the authority/apparent authority of the agent's principal, then the law says that the agent was acting on behalf of the principal. Ergo, since, according to James H, the Athonys, upon meeting him, told him to wait outside, went inside and phoned D Casey, and then D Casey, with whom James H had NEVER worked before, called James H, then the two men began acting together in various manners, in the eyes of the law, the two men were BOTH functioning as investigators for the Anthonys. (*Phone records would very easily support or contradict what James is saying, BTW, so D Casey better have told the truth.)
See James H's depo, here: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Hoover Deposition.pdf , pp. 27-29; pp. 41-42; pp. 46 + 54 + 55 + 59-60; 92-95; 105-126 (going to look for Caylee in the woods being discussed here.)
I also add here that D Casey apparently was very pleased he got some volunteered help from James H, as he told James H that the case had NOT been one that other PIs had wanted to work with him...

I find it interesting that no one showed up on behalf of Casey for James Hoover's videotaped deposition in the civil case.
"No appearance on behalf of the Defendant/Counter-Plaintiff"
See p. 2, here: http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Hoover Deposition.pdf
It was just Mr. Morgan and his firm's intern, Mr. Will Bates, and/or another attorney at Mr. Morgan's firm, Mr. William Dill (*notice that Mr. Morgan names his firm's intern attending as Mr William Bates at p. 4, but on p. 150, it's "Mr. Dill" asking a few follow-ups, and the FL bar shows Mr. William Dill with Morgan's firm, here: http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/62994475E45B46D385256A8400394694?OpenDocument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926