Jamie Lynn Spears Pregnant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amraann said it best.

Lynne Spears is an idiot and raised two morons for daughters. A 16-year-old having a baby is a horribly sad situation. That poor, poor baby.

Agreed. But it's one thing to be on the pill and have it not work and totally another to not even use contraception in the first place.

Yeah - who knows. She said the pregnancy was a surprise - if that's true, it leads me to believe that their birth control method failed them. It could be that she wanted to get pregnant - we just don't really know.

I would expect that this will be the last of Zoey 101. I actually thought maybe things would turn out ok for her. I pray that they will. Now, not to defend her but, as an OB nurse I did see some really good girls end up pregnant. Some of them really did only have sex once, but as we know that is all that it takes. I encourage you all to talk openly about this with your kids hormones go wild they don't set out with the intention of having sex initially but it happens. I could go on about not letting them be alone with someone of the opposite sex ect.......

Thank you, S4F, for this post. It is so disturbing to read here and at another thread the judgments that have been made. Life happens no matter who we are or at what age. I know good people this has happened to and I know "bad" (hmm, what defines bad, I wonder?) people this has happened to. Yes, choices were made and the result was a surprise pregnancy. My goodness, she did not kill anyone nor did she refuse responsibility. In fact, she came right out and was honest about her pregnancy. However, I think this family is damned if they do, damned if they don't given so many responses. FWIW, when someone is able to figure out how to be the perfect parent or child, please let me know how you did it. I know many others would be as grateful as I would be, IMVHO.

Jamie Lynn Spears is not a role model of an innocent child any longer, but she can be a role model as a teen parent. It is not easy, costs money, and learning to be a young parent is so very, very hard. Perhaps JLS could share this experience as a learning tool of what could happen if you are not protected before making a possible life altering change for other young women. I truly wish someone would instead of young people thinking all will be fine.....

Yeah - who knows. She said the pregnancy was a surprise - if that's true, it leads me to believe that their birth control method failed them. It could be that she wanted to get pregnant - we just don't really know.

A 16 year old saying being pregnant is a surprise could mean anything. I have students who got pregnant their first time -- boy, were they surprised. They were told by reliable sources (their friends/boyfriends) that you couldn't get pregnant the first time! Or if the girl was on top. Or any other silly things teens tell each other.

When you're 16 and think you're infallible, lots of things come as a surprise.

A 16 year old saying being pregnant is a surprise could mean anything. I have students who got pregnant their first time -- boy, were they surprised. They were told by reliable sources (their friends/boyfriends) that you couldn't get pregnant the first time! Or if the girl was on top. Or any other silly things teens tell each other.

When you're 16 and think you're infallible, lots of things come as a surprise.

Very true!!

My eight year old twins love Zoey 101 and consider Jamie Lynn someone to admire (YUCK!). I fear that her pregnancy sends a potentially horrible message to kids (like mine) who watch her show. I'm already rehearsing the dialog I'll be having with my girls when they hear about this. I'm sure someone at school will spill the beans, and it will probably be sooner rather than later!

We were watching Zoey 101 last night when I read this and I couldn't stop mysef and went "Oh my God! Zoey is pregnant!" MY kids (10 and 6) are stunned to say the least. They said "I thought you had to be older and married to have a baby and I replied "You do! Jamie Lynn made a mistake she will have to live with it forever!" UGH!

Also, sadly, I think she will be a better mom at 17 then Brittney is now...

Jamie Lynn Spears is not a role model of an innocent child any longer, but she can be a role model as a teen parent. It is not easy, costs money, and learning to be a young parent is so very, very hard. Perhaps JLS could share this experience as a learning tool of what could happen if you are not protected before making a possible life altering change for other young women. I truly wish someone would instead of young people thinking all will be fine.....

Her experience will be NOTHING like any average 16 year old raising a child. She has the money to hire people to help her and the money to buy all the niceties and necessities she could ever want or need. Most 16 year olds do not have that luxury so unless she plans on helping every 16 year old who gets pregnant I do not think she can ever be a good role model for ateenaged mothers.

As for as her going out and speaking about abstinence and how she should have practiced it and letting the kids seeing the worst parts of pregnancy, birth and parenting (no seep for weeks, dirty diapers, throw up etc...) I could go for that!

Pregnant at 16 and she's rich, but this confirms that the whole family is simply just White Trash--what a disgrace--

I wonder if Spear's mother said "Ooops I did it again."

People keep talking about how rich this girl is. I don't really know who she is as I don't watch her show or follow that kind of information, but how "rich" can you be with just a cable kid's show? She doesn't do movies, does she?

I figured, maybe wrongly, that like lots of child stars she spent a good deal of her money on cars, clothes, and lifestyle. Many child stars find themselves in their 20s jobless and broke.

People keep talking about how rich this girl is. I don't really know who she is as I don't watch her show or follow that kind of information, but how "rich" can you be with just a cable kid's show? She doesn't do movies, does she?

I figured, maybe wrongly, that like lots of child stars she spent a good deal of her money on cars, clothes, and lifestyle. Many child stars find themselves in their 20s jobless and broke.

I suspect that Britney and her Mom (who was a paid member of Brit's staff for a while), have taken care of Jamie Lynn financially.

All along I thought K Fed had super sperm, but the Spears women just have super eggs! They should be donating to women who have problems conceiving!

On a positive note, my BFF's mom had her at sixteen, and my BFF turned out to be a wonderful, responsible woman. Conversely, we have all known people who were raised by two married parents who grew up to be horrible human beings. Who can really tell what's in store for this baby?

On a positive note, my BFF's mom had her at sixteen, and my BFF turned out to be a wonderful, responsible woman. Conversely, we have all known people who were raised by two married parents who grew up to be horrible human beings. Who can really tell what's in store for this baby?

Thanks for that post, absinthe. You are absolutely right!

Good Lord! So many judgemental people! I guesss we have alot of perfect parents out there.
So what if she's pregnant! She has a steady boyfriend, a job so we won't be paying for her child and I, for one, am glad she didn't decide to kill the child by abortion.
And anyone who allows their child to look to show people as role models needs to have their head examined in the first place. They are TV stars, not role models!
Give your child a book on a real person who has done real things to help the world and let them be their role model. We have decided that these stars must be role models because our children watch them on TV. We have put that on them and then get our panties in a wad when they prove they are human.

My 10 year old daughter watches Zoey 101. We have already had the talk so she knows where babies come from. I will simply explain to her that Jamie Lynn wasn't careful enough and that resulted in pregnancy. So now she will be thrust from child to parent but that her family loves her and will see her through the tough times. Things happen....you deal with it. The only problem I would have is if we, the people, had to pay for the child. "If you can't feed them, don't breed them" is my motto. Otherwise, live free and do what you want.

As for Lynn, well, every parent has to live with the decisions they have made for their children. I don't think any of else can sit in judgement because we really have no clue when it might be our turn to eat crow. We can hope and we can worry and we can know that we've done all we can but ultimately they will fly on their own.

It must be awful to hear such negativity and have such derogatory things said about the impending birth of a child. I am so glad that I am not famous. They would have had a field day with me in the folly of my youth.

Best wishes to Jamie Lynn for a healthy pregnancy and happy life.... and I continue to hope for solace for her sister.

Judge not.

I in no way hope to sound judgemental. It is the American way to always say "it's the mothers fault." Do I think that there are some major things that Jamies mother did wrong? You bet I do but, I have yet to meet a perfect parent. I have two friends (pastors daughters) who were pregnant at 17. These families were shocked because these were very "good" girls who came from great families. I know that both of those mothers felt that they had failed in some way.

I was an OB nurse for 10 years and saw a lot of this.
Until I had a teenage daughter of my own I used to say "my daughter would never do that". Well, at 17 she has a boyfriend that she really cares about and he cares about her as well. I have talked to both of them about the importance of saving themselves for marriage (to each other or to someone else). They have assured me that they are not having sex, both are strong christians but, they are human!!!! I do not have the blinders on. I pray daily that they will not have sex.

As far as Jamie being a role model. Like it or not children look up to girls like her who seem to have it all. That is part of being a celebrity. Right or wrong that is how it is.

I think this is a shame and I think it will be very difficult but, I wish her the best.

Well this shows what Kind of Jeans the Spears have!! Oh wait they were off never mind :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back