Jared Leisek of Adventures With Purpose charged with child rape

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jared was the guy giving the interview on Suzanne Morphew's case claiming hooded characters were casing their RV and some other baloney about being stalked by the river, so they were in fear of the lives and had to pack it up and go. I called BS at the time, only because the guy struck me as a creepy opportunist. Turns out...
OMG I forgot about that!! Insert Eye Roll-

It sounds like the entire team is jumping ship and trying to figure out how to proceed from here and get around the NDA's/Non-competes that JL had them all sign. Josh doesn't even own his own work (which doesn't surprise me). So they are going to have to start from scratch, using nothing from AWP/Jared Leisek. The only avenue I can see is to rebrand (using nothing from AWP) and start over.

Starting a rebranded 501(c)(3) under a different brand is probably the only way to go. Divorce themselves entirely and start, probably through crowdfunding, a new organization to carry on their mission. I think that might actually work if it is not associated with JL in any way whatsoever and they establish a proper 501 so the public is not ripped off again. And if Josh's resignation video is any indication the rest of the team is motivated to continue their work. They believe in their work even if they do not believe in their previous and now disgraced leader. Josh made reference that JL is trying to quash them but there are ways around that.

I think the public might be willing to support a properly established 501 non-profit as long as the organization is transparent and JL is not involved in any way. It will be difficult because JL owns all the equipment and $$ from AWP through his LLC but with enough public support the team may be able to launch without him. I hope so because they do excellent work. They don't need JL for that, they just need public trust and funding. I think they can do it if they try hard enough and believe in their mission. And convince the public of that. I don't know how they are going to pay their bills in the meantime, but they seem determined to figure it out. I hope they do because they do excellent work. They don't need the grifter JL to accomplish that. My opinions only.

Good on Josh for resigning. Now, I kind of want to know the scope of the NDA. Hmmmm. We know they were not privy to information about these crimes. But, I can't imagine that when they are interviewed by LE that they would be able to shield their former co-worker from any conversations that were had about the crime or the survivor.

Last edited:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty. I am tired of media and armchair sleuths condemning people before they hear all the facts, before the trial, etc.

Rape in all forms at all ages is wrong and should be prosecuted, but we have to let the courts do it. To push forward one agenda over another is why our great country is in the mess it is in right now.

Be horrified, watch for justice to be served. Understand that the other team members and probably many of his family have been blindsided by this. Give AWP members time to sort out what this means for them and how to proceed. As a society we have been quick to judge everyone in a group by the actions of just one person.

reminder just because you have been accused does not mean it happened - look at Johnny Depp.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty. I am tired of media and armchair sleuths condemning people before they hear all the facts, before the trial, etc.
I think the reason is because the media and armchair sleuths have researched this issue and have seen the multiple different sources showing Jared admitting to these charges.

Rape in all forms at all ages is wrong and should be prosecuted, but we have to let the courts do it. To push forward one agenda over another is why our great country is in the mess it is in right now.

Be horrified, watch for justice to be served. Understand that the other team members and probably many of his family have been blindsided by this. Give AWP members time to sort out what this means for them and how to proceed. As a society we have been quick to judge everyone in a group by the actions of just one person.

reminder just because you have been accused does not mean it happened - look at Johnny Depp.
Johnny Depp was a civil case. Much different than having been charged criminally.

Jared Leisek is innocent until proven guilty and we are not denying that- interestingly- neither is he.

This case gave me a chance to look at AWP for really the first time. It’s too bad many were blinded (should I say conned?) into giving them money that appears to have been used in ways most would not expect.

Thank you for covering.

According to court documents, Leisek forced himself onto the victim, who was between the age of 9 and 10, on two different occasions. Court documents state it happened on or between Oct. 1, 1992 and Nov. 1, 1992 and on or between Jan. 1, 1992 and Dec. 31, 1992.

Johnny Depp was a civil case. Much different than having been charged criminally.

Jared Leisek is innocent until proven guilty and we are not denying that- interestingly- neither is he.

This case gave me a chance to look at AWP for really the first time. It’s too bad many were blinded (should I say conned?) into giving them money that appears to have been used in ways most would not expect.
BTW i stopped being a subscriber over a year ago. I do occasionally watch a video - usually only the one where they have found someone.

The sun has a new article out as well.

A DIVER from the missing persons search group Adventures with Purpose has broken his silence after co-founder Jared Leisek was charged with child rape.

Bishop, 38, is the lead diver and investigator in the group of 10 members.

Not sure this one was shared either. And sorry for multi posting.

Their website suggests that support from fans and concerned viewers, who watch their documentaries and make purchases and donations, ultimately make it possible for the AWP team to provide free service to families.

In the spirit of being transparent, they explained that anytime viewers watch an ad on their videos posted to YouTube or Facebook, the team receives on average $0.005 (half a cent) - which helps make their services affordable to those in need.

"Of course, any merchandise sales or donations really help, allowing us to purchase new gear, put fuel in the tank, and help more families," their website adds.

My heart goes out to #1, the victim in this case, and then #2, all the other people it's directly impacted.

There's no script for this stuff. You say what you need to say, you do what you need to do, and we ALL (hopefully) stand with the ones who've suffered and expect, and hope for justice.

Fact is, there are garbage humans in this world. Thankfully, there are many MORE blessing humans who help us find our way through the garbage & find a reason to keep hoping.

jmo

They should take a page from the Youtubers the Try Guys. Cut Jared out, make a statement condemning the actions and announce how they plan to move forward.
Jared is the founder/owner and CEO He is the person who most profits from anything AWP does or has done all these- any donations, rewards, merch, YouTube earnings
So how do employees cut the founder/owner out?

Not sure this one was shared either. And sorry for multi posting.

Their website suggests that support from fans and concerned viewers, who watch their documentaries and make purchases and donations, ultimately make it possible for the AWP team to provide free service to families.

In the spirit of being transparent, they explained that anytime viewers watch an ad on their videos posted to YouTube or Facebook, the team receives on average $0.005 (half a cent) - which helps make their services affordable to those in need.

"Of course, any merchandise sales or donations really help, allowing us to purchase new gear, put fuel in the tank, and help more families," their website adds.
My guess is we will find out how much all those donations, rewards, merch, and YouTube earnings add up to If victims sue for compensation.
There is more than one video where they are stuck in a city Pleading for donations to fix a wheel/ axle/ get a vehicle unstuck- a family is waiting and they need help.
Are they being truthful, as an organization that runs on Donations? Or not?

IMO These are questions everyone who has watched or supported AWP should have

AWP is and always has been a for profit business.
They aren't very transparent with it like at all, they actually had sort of a job post at the beginning of one of their videos? Or maybe it was just an individual post I remember seeing it when I was watching the Kylie recovery video. They were hiring two more people after the Kylie video was out and had tens of millions of views.

I thought that was pretty ambitious considering they already have several full-time people and obviously a ton of other costs, between them and all these other YouTubers I guess the ads and such pay a lot more than you would think it's certainly not based off clicks.

Someone on Reddit mentioned it looked like they hired a media company because of the way their videos were worded, they were like edited, some are re-uploaded with different titles and things of that in nature and graphics. Nothing that I would ever notice I think I've seen like three of their videos

I know YouTube does pay a certain amount with monetization for views but they cut that years ago and it's certainly not enough for the new employee 8 plus people in him buy a million dollar house.

I guess I'm in the wrong business.

Good point.

But a little different is his wording. It’s known that you are supporting a YouTuber with a donation but the difference is AWP say they operate as volunteers. My feeling as that is far from the truth,

see my SS in post above.
In a true sense they are volunteers as they don't charge the families or law enforcement or are employed by the state or city. At least as of this moment that's the truth.

As I just stated I can't believe how much people can make money off of YouTube from just some commercials, donations and clicks.

Yeah the Kylie one probably got I don't know it's 30 million now who knows, but some of them got like $47,000.

They must have an actual sponsorship not just ads/and or make a MEGA ton from donations.

There is more than one video where they are stuck in a city Pleading for donations to fix a wheel/ axle/ get a vehicle unstuck- a family is waiting and they need help.
Are they being truthful, as an organization that runs on Donations? Or not?
In my mind it equates to those really sad animal infomercials Sarah McLaghlan does. They show the images that pull at your heart strings and make you want to help. If Jared gave a tour of his $1.2 million second home he just purchased (link above) and asked for donations to repair or tow an RV, would you be as willing to help?
I know YouTube does pay a certain amount with monetization for views but they cut that years ago and it's certainly not enough for the new employee 8 plus people in him buy a million dollar houses.
They make a good amount of money via YouTube from:
Views
Memberships
Advertisements (YT)
Premium Ads (highlighting Garmin, etc)
Super Chats in Lives

They also make a very good revenue on merch. Most YTers use print on demand companies. Those companies change $8-12 per shirt and $18-28 hoodie. AWP is more than doubling those prices which is almost pure profit since there is no labor or overhead related to these sales.

They get straight donations to their cashapp, Venmo, etc. Listed on their website.

They have an Amazon wishlist which is constantly updated because so much is purchased from it. They receive most of their major equipment for free from manuf for spotlighting it in the videos.

There are websites that take the public ally available YT data and calculate the income of a channel. From video views alone, they are estimated to make $50-100k per year. Keep in mind this is probably the lowest grossing of all the revenue sources.

I would also point you to Jared’s prior criminal conviction on fraud for misleading customers on stock purchases. I believe it is linked above. If not I can link as soon as my laptop stops hating me and turns on.

In a true sense they are volunteers as they don't charge the families or law enforcement or are employed by the state or city. At least as of this moment that's the truth.

As I just stated I can't believe how much people can make money off of YouTube from just some commercials, donations and clicks.

Yeah the Kylie one probably got I don't know it's 30 million now who knows, but some of them got like $47,000.

They must have an actual sponsorship not just ads/and or make a MEGA ton from donations.
They also collect reward money. It's mentioned (IIRC) in Sam's video about why he and Dan left AWP.. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back