Jason Young to get new trial #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. She emphasized the many times they talked. Would you like a link to her testimony?

I would like to see a link to the testimony of Shelly Schaad. I learned during the Brad Cooper trial that, in North Carolina, criminal trials can include testimony about opinions from bystanders, such as neighbors and former college roommates of the victims. I don't think that includes speaking for others (as the former college roommate did when she stated that Jason had not discussed the murder with anyone).

Michelle was 27 or 29 when she was murdered. Why is the testimony from a college roommate (someone that knew Michelle from 5-7 years earlier), who didn't like Jason, included in the prosecution case? How often did they communicate? Is she the friend that was watching the TV show and who needed to be walked to the car because she was concerned only about her saftey?

Why hasn't the computer activity on Michelle Young's computer been released? When was the last activity? What was it?

The friend that visited for take out and TV was very afraid that someone was stalking the house. Did she invite Michelle and her daughter to stay with her? If not, why not? If she thought that a stalker was outside the house all night, wasn't she concerned for Michelle and the child's safety? Did she phone or email Michelle to say that she arrived home safely ... did they touch base after everyone was home safe?

Was Shelly Schaad the lawyer that testified she did the insurance policies with Jason ... and that Michelle was the only party present when the policy was last modified?

I would like someone with access to the videos to let me know where Shelly Schaad testified that she met with Michelle alone when the policy was changed. That is what I remember, but I wonder if anyone else remembers that or knows where to find the testimony.

I would like to see a link to the testimony of Shelly Schaad. I learned during the Brad Cooper trial that, in North Carolina, criminal trials can include testimony about opinions from bystanders, such as neighbors and former college roommates of the victims. I don't think that includes speaking for others (as she did when she stated that Jason had not discussed the murder with anyone).

Michelle was 27 or 29 when she was murdered. Why is the testimony from a college roommate (someone that knew Michelle from 5-7 years earlier), who didn't like Jason, included in the prosecution case? How often did they communicate? Is she the friend that was watching the TV show and who needed to be walked to the car because she was concerned only about her saftey?

Was Shelly Schaad the lawyer that testified she did the insurance policies with Jason ... and that Michelle was the only party present when the policy was last modified?

I would like someone with access to the videos to let me know where Shelly Schaad testified that she met with Michelle alone when the policy was changed. That is what I remember, but I wonder if anyone else remembers that or knows where to find the testimony.

Yes, she is the last person to see MY alive. Fiona Childs is the one who she talked to about LI.

Here are links to SS testimony:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10704274/

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10704797/

Her testimony was very good for the defense IMO.

Printouts from eBay concerning purses were found on an
office printer with three fingerprints; one matched Defendant
and two others remain unidentified. Forensic analyst Beth
Whitney of the CCBI (“Ms. Whitney”) also said Internet searches
for purses were made between 7:05 p.m. and 7:23 p.m. on 2
November 2006. Ms. Whitney testified that MapQuest inquiries
for directions between Raleigh and Clintwood, Virginia, were
also made that evening, as well as e-mail logins to Defendant’s
personal email account. Ms. Whitney also found that, at an
undetermined time, Internet searches were made on the Youngs’
home computer for “anatomy of a knockout,” “head trauma
blackout,” “head blow knockout,” and “head trauma.”

I wish I could see the physical evidence because this one is a doozy and highly suspect. So the jurors are to believe JY planned the perfect crime yet did searches for head trauma on the internet before or just after the fact? :facepalm:
Notice there isn't a time when these searches were done, there is no way this can't be found out. I don't like that one bit. jmo

http://appellate.nccourts.org/opinions/?c=2&pdf=30999

Edit: Please see post 726 :D

Defendant also
made internet searches on his home computer for head trauma and
anatomy of a knockout, which he said he made after being the
“first responder” to a car accident where a person was knocked
out.

JY mentions how this accident profoundly affected him to cargol.

i was just reading the appeal, and on page five, with the crescent shaped injuries to her head ... does that mean a hammer? There has been speculation from the prosecution et al that the weapon was a long flashlight. What is crescent shaped ... the sliver of a moon? She had 30 blows to the head with a weapon? That's unbelievable in terms of horror and severe overkill. 30 blows to the head with a heavy blunt object that is crescent shaped ... the murder weapon has never been found ... what was it if it wasn't the prosecution's theory of a flashlight.

Page 5; http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2014/04/01/13529333/April_1_2014_Appeals_Court_Opinion.pdf

I wish I could see the physical evidence because this one is a doozy and highly suspect. So the jurors are to believe JY planned the perfect crime yet did searches for head trauma on the internet before or just after the fact? :facepalm:
Notice there isn't a time when these searches were done, there is no way this can't be found out. I don't like that one bit. jmo

http://appellate.nccourts.org/opinions/?c=2&pdf=30999

Edit: Please see post 726 :D

Guilty men do head trauma searches on the internet before committing murder. Jason had an explanation for searching "head trauma" death/injury prior to his wife having thirty blows to the head with a crescent shaped object; weapon ... a weapon that has not been found.

Lol, and as for jumping the fence, I was once on the other side!!
Yep, shocker, I was a G!!

Really? What changed your mind - or what was the progression of the change? I always find it interesting when someone is swayed to the other side. It has happened to me before - in the Oscar Pistorius case I went from guilty to ...the State hasnt proven their case. I also went from G to NG in the George Zimmerman case (based on the evidence the state presented, or lack thereof)

i was just reading the appeal, and on page five, with the crescent shaped injuries to her head ... does that mean a hammer? There has been speculation from the prosecution et al that the weapon was a long flashlight. What is crescent shaped ... the sliver of a moon? She had 30 blows to the head with a weapon? That's unbelievable in terms of horror and severe overkill. 30 blows to the head with a heavy blunt object that is crescent shaped ... the murder weapon has never been found ... what was it if it wasn't the prosecution's theory of a flashlight.

Page 5; http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2014/04/01/13529333/April_1_2014_Appeals_Court_Opinion.pdf

Nothing more specific than that. No idea what it means. Was there any trial speculation or theories about what the murder weapon was?

It's right here ... the Appeals Document:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2014/04/01/13529333/April_1_2014_Appeals_Court_Opinion.pdf

Both page 4 and 5 stopped me dead in my tracks. Is he guilty? Why would a robber hit an accidental victim in the head with a crescent shaped blunt force object 30 times?

Here is the relevant quote from p 5:

The medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, Dr. Thomas Clark *(“Dr. *Clark”), *opined *that *Michelle *experienced *blunt * force trauma to her head and body. The trauma included a broken jaw, skull fracturing, brain hemorrhaging, lacerations, abrasions, and dislodged teeth. Dr. Clark stated that there were likely at least thirty blows delivered to Michelle, and the medical examiner testified that he thought the blows were inflicted *by *“a *heavy *blunt *object” *with *a *rounded *surface *that * produced crescent-shaped skull fractures.

Dont know why it added asterisks when I copy/pasted

Really? What changed your mind - or what was the progression of the change? I always find it interesting when someone is swayed to the other side. It has happened to me before - in the Oscar Pistorius case I went from guilty to ...the State hasnt proven their case. I also went from G to NG in the George Zimmerman case (based on the evidence the state presented, or lack thereof)

I'd like to answer the question. The progression of change was from radical magnet malicia anarchists with firm beliefs and a group to belong to ... to the president's wife and mammals.

There was a group of women in Raleigh that were outraged that Michelle Young was murdered and she didn't have a marker on her grave for years afterward. No one was held responsible.

http://michelleyoungmemorial.blogspot.ca/

The magnet melitia women plastered Raleigh with magnets claiming that ... was it that Jason was guilty, or did the magnets merely state that the murder was unsolved?

Reward Poster

More fotos
http://frictionpowered.blogspot.ca/2008/05/ladybug-liftoff.html

The Ladybug Liftoff in Memory of Michelle Fisher Young

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ladybug_release/lb web.jpg

A memorial for children to be a bug for the day

http://www.members.shaw.ca/ladybug_release/LadyBugcutoutmerge.jpg

From p. 5 of the appeals opinion:

Early in the morning on 3 November 2006, Hampton Inn Clerk Mr. *Keith *Hicks *(“Mr. *Hicks”) *noticed *that *the *emergency *door *on the first floor at the western end of the hotel was propped open with a small red rock. Mr. Hicks removed the rock and shut the door. Immediately next to the door was a glass door that could only be accessed via keycard between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. A sign next to the door listed the hours the door was locked; at all other times the glass door was unlocked.

Immediately next to the emergency exit was a glass door? Then why didn't Jason use that door instead of the emergency door? Im having a hard time picturing this

This is also interesting on p. 12:

The hotel said the camera was never unplugged previously and that the only other time that camera was tampered with was several years prior, when some guests snuck in and out of the exit door.

The only time the camera had been tampered with in the past was when guests were sneaking in and out of the emergency exit.

And this from page 11:

The *last *image *from *the *camera *was *at 11:19:59 p.m. on 2 November 2006, and no images were recorded until 5:50 a.m. on 3 November 2006, when Mr. Goad got a stepladder and plugged the camera in again.

We know Jason checked in at 10:54 and entered his room at 10:56 and some time between 11:00 and 12:00 Jason went down the stairs and out the emergency exit where the camera was to retrieve his computer charger. Do we have any more info on exactly when Jason left his room for the first time?

Is there an autopsy report for Michelle Young that can be viewed by the public? Were there thirty blows to the head with a crescent shaped object? Other than the butt end of a flashlight or some sort of bat ... was there a hammer in the house after the murder? Everyone has a hammer ... that's the first tool that is bought even by women. Presumably there was a hammer in the house prior to the murder ... was it kept in the garage ... which was wide open and unlocked ... even after the friend was concerned for her safety ... the garage was unlocked, the door to the house was unlocked, and was an hammer collected as evidence?

Is there an autopsy report for Michelle Young that can be viewed by the public? Were there thirty blows to the head with a crescent shaped object? Other than the butt end of a flashlight or some sort of bat ... was there a hammer in the house after the murder? Everyone has a hammer ... that's the first tool that is bought even by women. Presumably there was a hammer in the house prior to the murder ... was it kept in the garage ... which was wide open and unlocked ... even after the friend was concerned for her safety ... the garage was unlocked, the door to the house was unlocked, and was an hammer collected as evidence?

I found this autopsy report:

http://abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/pdf/youngautopsy.pdf

ETA: This one has the diagrams:

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2007/01/22/1175523/1307321296-scan0001.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics