Jason Young to get new trial #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad it disappeared, theirs that is..........no need to stir the pot imo........everyone is being very civil in their debates.......

their post was inappropriate imo.....

and btw :seeya:

Awww, I was looking up Hillsville and Galax.

I have never once loaded up my laptop, taken it to the car, then while in the car removed the power supply from my computer bag for the drive to my destination. And I'm talking about daily commutes for xx years. You just don't take the power supply out of the bag until you get where you're going, unless you're plugged in at an airport or elsewhere along the way. So this is likely another lie.

I believe he left his room to scope out cameras, entries/exits. He made up the "went to the car to get my charger" bit, along with the rest of his story, once he knew what the State had as evidence.

Furthermore, a frequent business traveler learns quickly to "leave room - take key card." It becomes 2nd nature. You learn from the first (or second, if you're slow) lockout.

As far as not closing the hotel room door because he didn't want to disturb any potential neighbors? Really? This guy who does "dick-tricks" and gets naked at gatherings, and is disruptive to the point of being excluded from social events, all of a sudden becomes Mr. Considerate of Others, those "others" being both strangers and not even known to exist in the adjoining rooms? Alrighty then!

Speaking of oddities, neither Josh nor Shelly ever asked him if he did it. Ryan Schaad, the BFF, arranged for JY to meet with Roger Smith (criminal defense attorney from a well known firm). They immediately thought he was in need of an attorney. And yes, this was because their answers to law enforcement questions did not put JY in a favorable light, per his BFF's. And they withheld some (negative) information from LE at first, such as the fact that JY was having an affair and felt he was in love with Michelle Money. They withheld this (key) bit of info from LE on November 3, 2016. Seems like they were trying to protect him. Why would BFF's try to protect him and make sure he didn't speak to LE? Because they thought (or knew) that JY was involved. IMO.

These are all such good points and I agree with all of them. When you consider the known lies Jason told in his testimony and combine those with all the explanations that are so out there that they really cant be believed (and no corroboration at all) - then you have a story interwoven with lies and partial truths, and on the whole you just cannot believe Jasons explanation. Taken to the logical conclusion - if he were innocent he would not be lying on the stand.

I think he unplugged the camera when he was supposedly retrieving his charger from the car. And yeah - who carries their laptop charger separately from their laptop and computer bag?

Thank you all for the clarification on Galax and its proximity to Hillsville :)

i'm glad it disappeared, theirs that is..........no need to stir the pot imo........everyone is being very civil in their debates.......

their post was inappropriate imo.....

and btw :seeya:

Yeah, figured as much.
Just was like "wha?" as to the names named...
Hi Qbee, didn't know you followed this case :seeya:

The fact that CY did not identify anyone took the air out of this one.

Minor, just a fyi , but please call the little girl, CY and not use her first name!!.

I tend to agree that it really has little evidentiary value because CY was 2 at the time and theres really no way to put her behavior and comments in any kind of meaningful context with any confidence. in

These are all such good points and I agree with all of them. When you consider the known lies Jason told in his testimony and combine those with all the explanations that are so out there that they really cant be believed (and no corroboration at all) - then you have a story interwoven with lies and partial truths, and on the whole you just cannot believe Jasons explanation. Taken to the logical conclusion - if he were innocent he would not be lying on the stand.

I think he unplugged the camera when he was supposedly retrieving his charger from the car. And yeah - who carries their laptop charger separately from their laptop and computer bag?

I need to see a list of the discrepancies in JY's testimony, but I think they were minor, (no pun, intended, lol) But, JY had years to get everything perfect and the fact that he didn't, didn't bother me. I don't know anyone who could remember exactly what they did, step by step, minute by minute, years later. Now, if he had everything perfect, it would have seem rehearsed and then imo, more suspicious.
I wonder whose idea it was for JY to take the stand, again, very risky move.

I tend to agree that it really has little evidentiary value because CY was 2 at the time and theres really no way to put her behavior and comments in any kind of meaningful context with any confidence. in

Exactly, and to me, her comments are more heartbreaking than anything!

I need to see a list of the discrepancies in JY's testimony, but I think they were minor, (no pun, intended, lol) But, JY had years to get everything perfect and the fact that he didn't bother me. I don't know anyone who could remember exactly what they did, step by step, minute by minute, years later. Now, if he had everything perfect, it would have seem rehearsed and then imo, more suspicious.
I wonder whose idea it was for JY to take the stand, again, very risky move.

TBH the fact that he had a detailed explanation for every little thing and perfect recall 3 years later is part of what makes his story unbelievable to me - he has an explanation for absolutely every single thing, but they are not good explanations or explanations that make sense. They are way out there.

AFAIK the only definitive lie that I have found is that he wasn't actually using the sales software when he said he was, and this could have been because he didnt understand the computer forensics reports (or were they even a part of the first trial?). Not one single ,,I dont remember or maybe Im confused or Its been three years so I cant be certain ...

I would guess that the decision to take the stand was made jointly by Jason and his attorney after a few trial runs. Jason was a good witness, and he appropriately chastised himself for bad behavior and didnt try to call all the other witnesses liars. His testimony swayed 8 jurors to acquit him! It was a one shot tactic though because it had the unique element of surprise to the prosecution -- they could not rebut every single statement that they didnt know of in advance.

JF - It seems risky for him to take the stand, but IMO it was his only shot at acquittal. Without his testimony, theres all this circumstantial evidence thats going unchallenged.

TBH the fact that he had a detailed explanation for every little thing and perfect recall 3 years later is part of what makes his story unbelievable to me - he has an explanation for absolutely every single thing, but they are not good explanations or explanations that make sense. They are way out there.

AFAIK the only definitive lie that I have found is that he wasn't actually using the sales software when he said he was, and this could have been because he didnt understand the computer forensics reports (or were they even a part of the first trial?). Not one single ,,I dont remember or maybe Im confused or Its been three years so I cant be certain ...

I would guess that the decision to take the stand was made jointly by Jason and his attorney after a few trial runs. Jason was a good witness, and he appropriately chastised himself for bad behavior and didnt try to call all the other witnesses liars. His testimony swayed 8 jurors to acquit him! It was a one shot tactic though because it had the unique element of surprise to the prosecution -- they could not rebut every single statement that they didnt know of in advance.

That would be 8 Jurors !! It was 8-4 for an acquittal. I felt the prosecutor(BH) let JY get the best of her. She was so angry for not being prepared!! Now, that I think about it, she did tell the Jury in the 2nd trial about how many days he waited to talk, so that was an indirect hit on his right to remain silent.

Catch up with you, guys later. Thanks for a good discussion. Night! :seeya:

That would be 8 Jurors !! It was 8-4 for an acquittal. I felt the prosecutor(BH) let JY get the best of her. She was so angry for not being prepared!! Now, that I think about it, she did tell the Jury in the 2nd trial about how many days he waited to talk, so that was an indirect hit on his right to remain silent.

Yeah, she was pissed and she got frazzled IMO.

At first I thought it was improper for her to mention that Jason waited xxxx number of days to tell his story, but then I read the appeals opinion and it made sense - he waited that long to tell his story to ANYONE, not just police; and he ultimately waived his right to remain silent by testifying at trial.

Enjoyed the discussion, JF,as always. Night :seeya:

It already doesn't stick. The times don't work using the timeline that is in the appellate opinion: Jason would have returned to the hotel while the cameras were all operational.

Gas purchases: 5:27 - 5:36 AM

40 - 45 minute drive between
4Brothers and Hotel = 6:07 - 6:21 AM

Camera operational: 5:50 - 6:34 AM

Anybody who can add isn't going to believe Jason was in a rush with Gracie but then arrived back at the hotel and spent another 13 or more minutes twiddling his thumbs before entering the building.

JMO

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2014/04/01/13529333/April_1_2014_Appeals_Court_Opinion.pdf

There are plenty of things he could have been doing - disposing of clothes, shoes and murder weapon. Or he could have gone back into the hotel after 6:00 without using his card, gone to his room and changed clothes and grabbed his receipt before moving the camera again and leaving through the emergency exit again unseen.

There are plenty of things he could have been doing - disposing of clothes, shoes and murder weapon. Or he could have gone back into the hotel after 6:00 without using his card, gone to his room and changed clothes and grabbed his receipt before moving the camera again and leaving through the emergency exit again unseen.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, "Plenty of things" as you say but where exactly is the "plenty??" There is no evidence whatsoever that Jason Young was disposing of evidence he murdered his wife and son. Last I checked, the burden of proof was on the prosecution. The emergency exits were covered by cameras. The prosecution theory is not that he simply came back and twiddled his thumbs. The facts prove after 6AM all cameras and doors were operational.

You have made it clear you believe he is guilty. That tells me you have no interest in actual evidence.

JMO

Oh,dear. So angry...very angry....Let's put that in the maybe file so we can pretend it did not happen later....

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, "Plenty of things" as you say but where exactly is the "plenty??" There is no evidence whatsoever that Jason Young was disposing of evidence he murdered his wife and son. Last I checked, the burden of proof was on the prosecution. The emergency exits were covered by cameras. The prosecution theory is not that he simply came back and twiddled his thumbs. The facts prove after 6AM all cameras and doors were operational.

You have made it clear you believe he is guilty. That tells me you have no interest in actual evidence.

JMO

Thats 100% incorrect.

Regarding the rest of your post - the post of mine that you quoted was very particularly directed at another post that said no one would believe that Josh arrived back at the hotel and waited 13 minutes before tampering with the camera again.

Perhaps you missed or forgot that the same stairwell camera at the emergency exit was again tampered with at 6:34 a.m.

ETA: Respectfully, I would appreciate if you would quote my entire post if you are going to quote me, or indicate that you have snipped portions from it. Thanks.

I've never called someone 20+ times in a row. Not even when my brother had been found dead (heart attack). A dropped call I'll try again and 2 more times. Then I stop until I have a better connection. Or sometimes I'll wait until later when I can use a land line. 20+ calls to his mom indicates urgency, a need to connect right then and there. Something had him dialing overAndoverAndover to the one person he knew he could count on, unconditionally. I believe it was very much about his need to get someone over to his house to get his daughter. Pat calling MF was something that never happened before. Another unusual occurrence that day that Michelle was killed. Urgency over an ebay printout.. not buying it when we know he printed the map at the same time and then took the map with him, leaving the ebay printout.

Thank you! I understand the dropped calls but what was so important that he kept calling PY? Couldn't he have jsut waiting until he was in an area with better reception? Nope he had to make sure CY was found! Plus, who's to say MY hadn't already seen the printout? It's not like she wasn't home all night then was going to be home the next morning because of a doctor appt. now if she had been gone all night and returning the next day I might could see his point but other than that is was very obvious to me, anyway, that was a ruse to get MF there. IMO

Why in the world would someone plan to kill their wife and yet wait until the very last minute to print directions to where they were going ? Does that sound planned at all? The meeting was planned weeks in advance, but this is typical JY waiting until last minute to find out where it was.

IMO, he had planned it but not that specific weekend. Then when AF wasn't coming and he already was going out of town he put his plan into action.

IMO, he had planned it but not that specific weekend. Then when AF wasn't coming and he already was going out of town he put his plan into action.

I use mapquest and other apps all the time. I look at routes and timing to plan. But I never print until I'm ready to leave.

Besides, to get to Galax or Hillsville, you simply take I-40 west and turn right at Winston Salem. And he had just been in the area of 4 Brothers when his BFF recently got married.

But yeah, print eBay and directions stuff, then grab only the directions? Speaks clearly to the premeditation of this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth