Jason Young to get new trial #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the chain of evidence on the wedding photo frame? Who submitted that?
IMO, the cash person at 5:19 was the regular newspaper delivery man.
The 5:27 purchase- $15 dollars in cash- was the defendant.
As far as the pump slowing down he probably cut it off at that point because he was fuming!
When Gracie said there were no other cars at the pump when he pulled in she was telling the truth. The other purchasers came in afterward. MOO.

They had no reason to corroborate her testimony. She nailed him. She called it. She saw his face and she saw his car. MOO.

No clue? I want to know what the chain of custody was. No one seems to be able to answer that.

Thankfully, she was under her care for those few hours, maybe 8 hours total? It appears the entire family was in shock. Well, the entire family minus one ( the defendant). I agree it was his parental right to keep CY away from his in-laws. Kind of ironic that they are now caring for the child. MOO.

If I or any of my loved ones or friends overheard my in laws saying they would take my child & run you can bet your sweet behind I'd keep him or her away from the wanna be kidnappers....

Would that change depending on whether or not you murdered your wife?

What was the chain of evidence on the wedding photo frame? Who submitted that?
IMO, the cash person at 5:19 was the regular newspaper delivery man.
The 5:27 purchase- $15 dollars in cash- was the defendant.
As far as the pump slowing down he probably cut it off at that point because he was fuming!
When Gracie said there were no other cars at the pump when he pulled in she was telling the truth. The other purchasers came in afterward. MOO.

The point I made was that the two gas purchases were probably cut off by the pump reaching the amount that had been entered by the store clerk because they were purchases in exact dollar amounts, no cents. At gas prices recently ($2.16 per gallon at the Four Brothers station) the numbers fly by so quickly that most people do not try to stop on the exact dollar numbers any longer. When a person purchases gasoline with cash, the clerk will enter the amount tendered into the pump computer and it will slow down to a crawl significantly before the pump reaches that amount and stop right on the money (bad pun intended). Gracie should have entered the amount of $20.00 into that computer and the pump would have stopped exactly on $20.00. But the pump stopped exactly on $15.00. It is doubtful that a person that was fuming, be it Jason, or the person who was actually drawing the gasoline, would have taken the time to slow the pump down and put in exactly fifteen dollars worth of gas when the the person had payed for twenty. Of course Gracie could have punched in $15.00 instead of $20.00, but she did not say so in her testimony. The simplest, most plausible, answer is that the person who drew gas at 5:27 paid fifteen dollars and that is what Gracie punched in.

In her testimony Gracie does not say that there were no other cars just at the pump. Maybe that is what she meant. But that is not what she actually says. Its been a few days since I listened to her testimony, so I don't recall if her answer was really a "yes sir" in response to a question about other cars at the store.

It is evident from the times on the receipts that there was some bit of activity going on before and after the 5:27 purchase.

Glenn

Okay. Gotcha on the gas purchase. He ordered 15 and gave her a 20 and never came back for the change.
I can assure you, IMO, that Gracie meant there were no other cars at the pump when he pulled in. Keep in mind they had a go 'round PRIOR to the purchase. The cash purchase at 5:19 was the newspaper man. 8 minutes before the defendant was wrung up. Plenty of time for an altercation to ensue. He was walking out the door before the next purchases, IMO.

The point I made was that the two gas purchases were probably cut off by the pump reaching the amount that had been entered by the store clerk because they were purchases in exact dollar amounts, no cents. At gas prices recently ($2.16 per gallon at the Four Brothers station) the numbers fly by so quickly that most people do not try to stop on the exact dollar numbers any longer. When a person purchases gasoline with cash, the clerk will enter the amount tendered into the pump computer and it will slow down to a crawl significantly before the pump reaches that amount and stop right on the money (bad pun intended). Gracie should have entered the amount of $20.00 into that computer and the pump would have stopped exactly on $20.00. But the pump stopped exactly on $15.00. It is doubtful that a person that was fuming, be it Jason, or the person who was actually drawing the gasoline, would have taken the time to slow the pump down and put in exactly fifteen dollars worth of gas when the the person had payed for twenty. Of course Gracie could have punched in $15.00 instead of $20.00, but she did not say so in her testimony. The simplest, most plausible, answer is that the person who drew gas at 5:27 paid fifteen dollars and that is what Gracie punched in.

In her testimony Gracie does not say that there were no other cars just at the pump. Maybe that is what she meant. But that is not what she actually says. Its been a few days since I listened to her testimony, so I don't recall if her answer was really a "yes sir" in response to a question about other cars at the store.

It is evident from the times on the receipts that there was some bit of activity going on before and after the 5:27 purchase.

Glenn

Glenn, I've got to say it again, that really is a brilliant point.

Too bad the freaking defense didn't think of it in either trial.

Glenn, I've got to say it again, that really is a brilliant point.

Too bad the freaking defense didn't think of it in either trial.

Here is the link to the video of Gracie's testimony:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9714910/

28:30 timestamp

Becky Holt asks Gracie if it was busy then,were there other cars?
Gracie replies No, so Becky Holt says that was the only car, and Gracie says Yes.

We know this can not be true.....there are transactions at:
5:26 am
5:27 am
5:28 am has 2 people or 2 purchases

Exactly. There were NO other cars at the pumps when the defendant pulled up.
Why is that so hard to comprehend? No other cars at the pumps. She was NOT busy when he pulled up. She had one regular customer before who didn't buy gas. Plain and simple. MOO.

Yea I just don't believe Gracie at all......

Me either, you just can't........She gets so many things wrong and can not describe Jason for anything.....it's really sad.....There were customers coming in and out, plus the McDonald employees were coming into work around this time too!!
But, no one saw Jason and his white SUV but her and no mystery customer ever to be found....

Exactly. There were NO other cars at the pumps when the defendant pulled up.
Why is that so hard to comprehend? No other cars at the pumps. She was NOT busy when he pulled up. She had one regular customer before who didn't buy gas. Plain and simple. MOO.

There is evidence that directly contradicts these statements. At this point, the ONLY evidence that supports these statements is Gracie's testimony, and we already know that a) Gracie has memory problems, and b) Police did a "suggestive identification". Without corroboration, there is no way that you can rationally believe any of the above must be true. And given the contradictory evidence, you must conclude that the above is untrue.

There is evidence that directly contradicts these statements. At this point, the ONLY evidence that supports these statements is Gracie's testimony, and we already know that a) Gracie has memory problems, and b) Police did a "suggestive identification". Without corroboration, there is no way that you can rationally believe any of the above must be true. And given the contradictory evidence, you must conclude that the above is untrue.

I finished comparing her testimony in both trials and things just do not add up.
This is just a few inconsistencies, besides having trouble describing Jason and besides
saying she couldn't remember things:

Trial 1
Gas pumps turned off at 9:PM, (when it got dark)
Cameras in the store not working
Eye witness was a regular customer

Trial 2
Gas pumps turned off at 11:PM (she turned them off when she came into work)
There were never any cameras in store
Eye witness became a news carrier.

Here are links to her testimony in both trials.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9714910/ Trial 1
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10705156/ Trial 2

Did you know that LE found GB that Sunday 11/05/06, not when she was working her regular graveyard shift, but on the second shift. She stated she switched shifts so she could see her kids that day..
Did you also know that the whole thing almost blew up around the 42:00 mark in the second trial?
Gracie starts to say she saw it on the news and then backtracks:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10705156/

Becky Holt; "Did they tell you why they were looking for him?"
GB" I heard it on the tv before,I watched the news all the time, I watch the news"

Then she quickly says her best friend told her about it the next night (that would have been Friday, Nov 3th)

A couple other things, she did not remember if LE wanted or asked for receipts,she did not know her manager's last name......

So, here is GB's testimony in full, both trials, and you have to ask how LE got so lucky to stumble upon a store with no video cameras and a clerk with memory problems and then you have to ask, who was really luckier, Jason Young or LE?

Eyewitness 2

Terry Tiller.... New York Times Carrier in Enchanted Oaks, Raleigh NC

Trial 1 http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9758853/ Defense
Trial 2 http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10710804/ State

Trial 1 10:57 minutes
Trial 2 21:08 minutes

Terry Tiller is interesting in that the timeline changed...The search warrant says the timeline was 4-5am, and that she said she saw a light colored SUV in a loading position close to the home.
This would all later change.

Did you know that LE found GB that Sunday 11/05/06, not when she was working her regular graveyard shift, but on the second shift. She stated she switched shifts so she could see her kids that day..
Did you also know that the whole thing almost blew up around the 42:00 mark in the second trial?
Gracie starts to say she saw it on the news and then backtracks:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10705156/

Becky Holt; "Did they tell you why they were looking for him?"
GB" I heard it on the tv before,I watched the news all the time, I watch the news"

Then she quickly says her best friend told her about it the next night (that would have been Friday, Nov 3th)

A couple other things, she did not remember if LE wanted or asked for receipts,she did not know her manager's last name......

So, here is GB's testimony in full, both trials, and you have to ask how LE got so lucky to stumble upon a store with no video cameras and a clerk with memory problems and then you have to ask, who was really luckier, Jason Young or LE?

I was so suspicious I tried to see if that station had been used as evidence in any other trial, but I couldn't find anything.

I was so suspicious I tried to see if that station had been used as evidence in any other trial, but I couldn't find anything.

The station has since been knocked down, and a Four Leaf Clover came in, but, yes, the convenient store was very convenient, wasn't it?
It's just too much though...and I really think now there is a chance that Gracie may have seen Jason's photo on tv, online, or in the newspaper before LE showed it to her.

Maybe we can find NC newspaper headlines for Saturday, Nov 4th and Sunday Nov 5th. 2006.

JMO

I finished comparing her testimony in both trials and things just do not add up.
This is just a few inconsistencies, besides having trouble describing Jason and besides
saying she couldn't remember things:

Trial 1
Gas pumps turned off at 9:PM, (when it got dark)
Cameras in the store not working
Eye witness was a regular customer

Trial 2
Gas pumps turned off at 11:PM (she turned them off when she came into work)
There were never any cameras in store
Eye witness became a news carrier.

Here are links to her testimony in both trials.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9714910/ Trial 1
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10705156/ Trial 2

It starts getting dark at 9 PM in November?????? LAWD!!! But she also said her shift was 12 to 7... So did she come in an hr early???? First time she says he hit the button 5 or 6 times to get her to turn the pump on.... 2nd time she said 3.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee