Jason Young to get new trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracie did the best she could, but her testimony was not convincing, imo. She needed help from the Judge to describe Jason and she insisted that there was a customer in her store that witnessed Jason's rude behavior. No such person was ever found, despite numerous efforts by LE, handing out flyers and putting them in the store. She said the person was a regular customer and came in every day, Then she said he was a newpsaper delivery person, and that person failed to confirm. I would be curious what the Jurors in both trials thought of her testimony..I don't think she was lying, she was just very mixed up. I would have loved to have seen her balance sheet from her shift to see if there was indeed a $5.00 overage, nothing like that was ever presented when Tiki Ingram, the store manager testifed. Gracie described Jason as the same height as her and we know Jason would tower over her if he ever got into her face, I seriously doubt anyone who just killed their wife would do anything, anything at all to bring extra added attention to themselves by cursing out a clerk over having to come in and pay for gas. Plus, Jason would have no idea the cameras in the store were not working that morning and he would have been arrested immediately or if LE was sure of Gracie's identification of him.However, unsure and somewhat of a risk, Gracie was the person they needed, and they told her so, when they went to see her.
Gracie will have a 3rd time to testify, soon.

Didn't she have a recipet that showed the $5 difference? Plus,imo, his intent was to pump and leave. I don't think he had any intention of paying for gas. Thus is why he was more pissed off when he came in. He rung the bell 3 times then he was told to come in. He didn't have time for all that. How do we know that he didn't have a gas jug? Maybe he thought he had it all planned out? When you speed, and I'm sure he was, it uses up more gas.

Yes and it was the same judge over both cases. Double whammy.

Actually, triple whammy!! 1 civil case+2 criminal cases. I am sure he would not be looking forward to seeing Jason Young in his courtroom again especially knowing that he is giving him another chance.

Sorry, your post didn't come through!!

Young's door was not just unlocked, it was ajar. And, if you hung a newspaper on the doorknob, it would be noticeable, the same when Keith Hicks put the hotel receipt over the door.

Is this because of what HE said? Sorry I don't believe him. I think he had the lock on the door taped and it was shut to make it look like it was closed. Sorry but I don't believe anything he said at trial. If his answers (story) was so simple how come he waited so long? How easy would it have been to come in to the polcie station, with his lawyer and answers those questions? He wouldn't have been arrested at that time. All they asked was for something...anything from him!

Didn't she have a recipet that showed the $5 difference? Plus,imo, his intent was to pump and leave. I don't think he had any intention of paying for gas. Thus is why he was more pissed off when he came in. He rung the bell 3 times then he was told to come in. He didn't have time for all that. How do we know that he didn't have a gas jug? Maybe he thought he had it all planned out? When you speed, and I'm sure he was, it uses up more gas.

Lol, no Gracie never had any proof she was overpaid by anyone. Nor, did she report her encounter with "Jason" to the next person coming on their shift, or to her boss. If someone cursed her out she could have written up a report in case it happened again. Now, that would have made a difference, instead of the mystery witness who to this day has never been found.
And, wouldn't this mystery witness had stepped up or in, and said not to talk to her like that?

Is this because of what HE said? Sorry I don't believe him. I think he had the lock on the door taped and it was shut to make it look like it was closed. Sorry but I don't believe anything he said at trial. If his answers (story) was so simple how come he waited so long? How easy would it have been to come in to the polcie station, with his lawyer and answers those questions? He wouldn't have been arrested at that time. All they asked was for something...anything from him!

You do know his door had to be ajar, since he came back in without using his keycard?
But, whatever!

When I was being investigated for a crime I didn't commit, I lawyered up immediately. I told my lawyer that I wanted to tell my side and clear my name. He advised me not to, and said he wouldn't do it. I was being investigated, the police only wanted to make their case against me, they weren't trying to help me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I doubt it will be the same Judge! I also thought there was a possibility that Judge Stephens might be retiring.
I am interested in the legal team for the defense, Bryan Collins is a Judge now, I think Kurtz and Blum might take Cooper's case again, and I don't know about Mr. KIinkosum.And, the prosecution....Holt, Cummings, Boz?
I don't know.

Perhaps the attorney who initially advised him to remain silent will step in?

If that was his only stop for gas paying cash, he would've needed two additional 5 gallon gas cans to make it to the next gas station where he paid with credit card. The police found no evidence of gas cans in his vehicle.

When I was being investigated for a crime I didn't commit, I lawyered up immediately. I told my lawyer that I wanted to tell my side and clear my name. He advised me not to, and said he wouldn't do it. I was being investigated, the police only wanted to make their case against me, they weren't trying to help me.

The police want to close a case as quickly as possible. I am not sure where the myth originated but suspect it was a cop who opined that all one has to do to remove themselves from suspicion is to cooperate and talk with cops. If that were true, lawyers wouldn't be needed. lol

You do know his door had to be ajar, since he came back in without using his keycard?
But, whatever!

Sorry to me ajar means, cracked open. Slight crack. JY left his door ajar to run out to smoke on a cold windy night and to get his charger out of his car when he computer bag was in the room with him???? Yeah sure!

The police want to close a case as quickly as possible. I am not sure where the myth originated but suspect it was a cop who opined that all one has to do to remove themselves from suspicion is to cooperate and talk with cops. If that were true, lawyers wouldn't be needed. lol

And police dramas on TV. Everyone is more than willing to talk to police.

Quickly as possible? :floorlaugh:

Murder Nov 2006
Indictment/arrest Dec 2009

Over 3 years. If that's a rush to judgement I'd like to see what amount of time would have to elapse to be considered slow.

Heather testified that Ryan called and said LE was asking disturbing questions about Jason and they needed a lawyer.

Interesting though that Ryan, Heather and all other former friends of JY gave up on him by the time the case came to trial.

Interesting though that Ryan, Heather and all other former friends of JY gave up on him by the time the case came to trial.

Exactly. And her name was Shelly. The last friend to have dinner with MY. At her house. On that fateful last night.

There was testimony that at first they thought Michelle had suffered a miscarriage, and then I know Meredith Fisher thought she fell, per the 911 call. Jason and his family were on their way back to Raleigh as soon as they got the news, I am sure there were phonecalls going on and not everyone was thinking clearly, they were probably all in shock. I am sure Jason asked what happened and I am sure he was told CY was okay.

The shock of her death is a lot to take in. I don't see a problem with waiting to get to Raleigh to find out the details. He knew C. was okay and he knew it was murder as his friend informed him of the type of questions police were already asking.

Had the jury voted a different way, unanimously, they likely would have been proclaimed to be "brilliant" by those who wanted JY to be found not guilty. A jury tends to be respected by people who agree with their verdict and castigated by those who don't.

I think the jury did the job they were asked to do when they took their oath. They were given the responsibility of deciding guilty or not guilty based on if the state met the legal burden of BARD after sitting there and watching/hearing dozens of witnesses. They came to a unanimous decision. I'd say they found the evidence compelling based on that decision.

If there's a better system it hasn't been shown. Let only judges decide? Get professional jurors? Give a pass for the first spousal murder? (but next time, Mister/Missus you are so going to prison!).

[modsnip] No one wants to see a murderer go free. Again, those of us who wanted NG believe there was too much doubt to conclude that he is guilty as charged.

I really wish we didn't have to have such an us versus them mentality here. I honestly believe that I am objective enough that if someone here provided enough of a convincing argument, I would change my mind and openly admit it. There is no win/loss here. I just want to understand the truth. There are way too many unanswered questions here to feel satisfied with this verdict.

My dog stays mostly where I tell her to. Was the dog allowed upstairs?

I spank her too if she leaves waste in the house... but I can't spank her hard. I love her too much. She is a 13 year old mini-weiner dog named Eve.

No, the dog had the run of the house. No explanation for how he stayed out of the blood and where he was when MF exited the house as none of the responders mentioned seeing the dog. These things really bother me.

Of course I was commenting on the Young case in the Young thread.

Evidence submitted doesn't mean it proved what they wanted it to prove IMO.

Eyewitness testimony didn't seem to be taken over other evidence that he did do it.

If they had proved he wasn't in Raleigh... he would have been found innocent.

There is still zero motive for anyone else IMO.

We're not supposed to have to prove one's innocence, are we? That's what people expect nowadays and in many cases it is simply impossible. How does JY prove he was sleeping in his hotel room when all of this happened? He can't. No one could.

Except for Gracie and the hotel 'things' there is no evidence at all that he made the trip... I was just thinking of different possibilities.

If you have plastic/tarp under the cans what evidence is there going to be of them?

Could he have had them ready for the trip beforehand???

Correct, no evidence that he left the hotel. Re: gas cans - do you see how you're reaching to explain how he "could have" pulled it off? It's not supposed to work that way. "Could have" is not evidence of guilt. Show me the gas can, show me a video of him getting gas in King at 5:30AM and I'll vote guilty.

I doubt it will be the same Judge! I also thought there was a possibility that Judge Stephens might be retiring.
I am interested in the legal team for the defense, Bryan Collins is a Judge now, I think Kurtz and Blum might take Cooper's case again, and I don't know about Mr. KIinkosum.And, the prosecution....Holt, Cummings, Boz?
I don't know.

I know that Cooper will have new attorneys. I believe Young likely will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member