Jason Young to get new trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys/gals seem to be struggling some. Reminds me of the Knox thread.

1st there is no inventory. There was. Now it changes to the search warrent wasn't legal.

Next they didn't check MY's shoes. Really???

Do you think she just jumped right in it? Don't you think she would try to avoid it?

Now we move on to the child not being scared or telling that the dad did it. Really?

How can the dog leave with MY... but not have been in the house?

MF I think you mean? MY Michelle Young, MF Meredith Fisher.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

If you are going home to kill your wife. Long sleeves and gloves would be smart.

If you are going to bash her on the head you don't want blood on you... if you are going to strangle her you don't want her scratching you.

The question would be why would an intruder beat her head in so badly? Does it not look to be a bit of overkill to y'all?

There is a difference between helping and not giving any information. Hanging up on cops is not a good start IMO.

You are a husband, your wife is slaughtered... you better be ready to be a suspect.

You are out of town, your wife is slaughtered... don't you think they are going to impound the vehicle you had been driving?

A cop tells you your wife has been killed. Do you ask how? Do you ask where is your child and is she ok?

Hmmmm.

I think all these questions have been asked and answered over and over again.I am ready for Trial 3, as well..

Maybe after being told you are a suspect on the drive back to Raleigh, having LE waiting for you to return, and having your car seized would do that someone. It was testified that Young did ask about Michelle and Cassidy at trial.
No financial problems ever surfaced despite the state's endless efforts to prove otherwise. Of, course, he was a suspect, he was the husband, he had affairs, and he didn't speak to LE because he followed his lawyer's instructions.

He also followed instructions from trusted friends to obtain a lawyer. Perhaps said lawyer will testify at the next trial. I think he too, shares a misconception about what the right to remain silent encompasses.

We know she wasn't raped? As far as I know, no rape kit was preformed.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

No rape kit was performed because there was no evidence of an assault. Her clothes(pants and panties) were on her and again if that was the intent why did they kill her...over kill really. It would be different if she was found with her pants down and no kit was performed. Then I would see a problem. IMO, it would have helped the states case more is one was done but no rape kit being performed doesn't show that JY is innocent and doesn't hurt the state. IMO

I have wondered the same thing because there was no way a carpet saturated with that amount of blood is going to be completely dry.

Trial #3 should be interesting to say the least.

Good question......I spoke to the dr that I work with and she said that after 12 hours it would be dry. Blood coagualtes in minutes. Let's just say she was killed around midnight 12 hours later MF wouldn't have tracked blood. Plus, as another poster pointed out, she probably avoided it. I would also like someone to post a link stating when MF shoes were tested, since some of you seem to know. TIA

I don't know. If she was killed after midnight, maybe they waited for her to go to sleep.

They never did the rape kit so we really don't know if she was assaulted though there is no indication that she was. Still, we don't know for sure.

It's my understanding that the valuable jewelry including her wedding rings was taken.

I think you know who I believe was involved and I can think of potential motive there too. I wish I could discuss my thoughts in more detail but people don't want to hear it, not here.

Good point about the lack of rape kit. iirc, LE requested it and yet it wasn't done. MY deserved a thorough investigation and didn't get one, imo.

Good question......I spoke to the dr that I work with and she said that after 12 hours it would be dry. Blood coagualtes in minutes. Let's just say she was killed around midnight 12 hours later MF wouldn't have tracked blood. Plus, as another poster pointed out, she probably avoided it. I would also like someone to post a link stating when MF shoes were tested, since some of you seem to know. TIA

The state's case has Michelle's death close to 3:00-3:30 am, and since we also know the house was cold that nite, there is no way to know. Meredith found her at 1:30, so that would only be 9 hours..As for links, I would like to see one saying MF passed a polygraph. This is the first time I ever heard of this. I don't know anything about her shoes.

Good point about the lack of rape kit. iirc, LE requested it and yet it wasn't done. MY deserved a thorough investigation and didn't get one, imo.

Also,and, I am not positive without looking it up, but wasn't this the case where the body was not transported to the morgue and not seen by a medical examiner until a day or 2 later?

Yes, I looked it up. 11/04/06 11:30 AM.Dr, Kevin Gerity and Dr. Kevin Greene

If she saw her father do this, she would have been terrified of him when he arrived in Raleigh that evening.

You're assuming she saw the whole attack, and not just part of it or only the aftermath. We know CY saw "lots of red stuff" (i.e. blood) we know she said "mommy was spanked for biting," but neither of those utterances necessary tell exactly what CY saw. She play acted out one doll hitting the other doll (in her recreation she used a chair as a weapon), so she probably saw something, but how much we don't know. The point is, the murderer is someone who loved and cared about CY and even if she did witness the attack, the killer did not harm the one living witness nor the one dog. That someone loved both.

The assertion CY would have been terrified of her father when he arrived in Raleigh had he done that crime is based on your personal opinion and assumption, and not on any evidence in this case. You have absolutely no idea how CY would have (or should have) acted in any situation, let alone the situation the child was in. Saying something "should be" a certain way and if it isn't that way then it proves something else is an illogical argument and it's based solely on imagination.

Although if one wants to retain that same logic and apply it across the board, then I suppose the same conclusion would hold true since CY wasn't afraid of her auntie MF either and clung to her when MF found her hiding under the covers. I guess that is (more) proof MF didn't commit the murder of her sister.

The state's case has Michelle's death close to 3:00-3:30 am, and since we also know the house was cold that nite, there is no way to know. Meredith found her at 1:30, so that would only be 9 hours..As for links, I would like to see one saying MF passed a polygraph. This is the first time I ever heard of this. I don't know anything about her shoes.

There are various assertions on the Interwebs that MF took & passed a polygraph, but as has been pointed out numerous times, but seems to be ignored every time, no one will ever get that info directly from LE. Nor will it be asked in court. There could be questions circling around it like, "... and did you do everything the Sheriff's Dept asked you to do?" "Did you answer all their questions?" "Did you go to the station whenever they asked no matter how many times they asked?"

But once again, you will not see, hear, or read any official statement about a witness taking a polygraph by the police. The person may be free to talk about it if they want, but it won't be asked in court nor will the police talk about it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, btw. It just means corroboration will not come from LE or through court testimony. I don't personally know IF MF did or did not take a polygraph test. I READ that she did and she passed it. But I don't have any direct knowledge of it so my reading it on the Interwebs is not corroboration.

And as I said before, I also read that JY's mother and maybe one or 2 others also took and passed polygraphs. Again, I have no direct knowledge of that and no idea if that is true or not.

^^Or that Cassidy Young never saw anything at all.

She showed in her play with the dolls that she was quite aware of some things like the position her mother was in when she was in bed, where her mother fell off the bed, the "red stuff," describing a spanking (which we know was a vicious beating). She was aware of it and saw something, but the extent of it we don't know. Her knowledge of what happened was not just merely a good guess. And since no one asked her about it or to recreate what she saw, she was acting it out by herself, which 2 people witnessed and described. But the point of the daycare workers' testimony, and this was made clear by the judge to the jury, was the jury could consider that CY was in the house, had not been harmed, and in fact had been taken care of by the murderer even if she had been a witness.

^^Or that Cassidy Young never saw anything at all.

yes, all CY may have done is repeating what she was told about it. What would be interesting to me at the next trial is to have an expert analysis of that 911 call. Additional to the testimony from the psychologist MF said came to her home later that day and it could be quite revealing.

JMO

She didn't just "repeat" what she was told about it. She was acting it out, with no one prompting her to do so. She had a personal awareness of it, not merely a story someone told her (IMO).

yes, all CY may have done is repeating what she was told about it. What would be interesting to me at the next trial is to have an expert analysis of that 911 call. Additional to the testimony from the psychologist MF said came to her home later that day and it could be quite revealing.

JMO

Agree, CY may have heard the adults talking about the conditions surrounding Michelle's death, no matter how hard they tried to hide the details from her. I think if she had witnessed anything that traumatic, she may have had terrible nightmares, or started acting out.On the 911 call, she doesn't sound scared, she is not crying, and all she asks for is a washcloth. Not something to drink, not something to eat.

I don't know anything about her shoes, either. If they had been seized and examined, the results would have been entered into evidence by the side the results supported.

I doubt the blood was dry on the carpet but it is also irrelevant because dry or not it would have left trace evidence on shoes. Even bone dry dirt leaves behind trace evidence. But the shoes first have to be collected as evidence before any testing can begin......and around it goes.

JMO

Agree, CY may have heard the adults talking about the conditions surrounding Michelle's death, no matter how hard they tried to hide the details from her. I think if she had witnessed anything that traumatic, she may have had terrible nightmares, or started acting out.
On the 911 call, she doesn't sound scared, she is not crying, and all she asks for is a washcloth.

On the other hand, if there was an an iota of concern that she saw anything at all I think she would have at some point received counseling. Now that we know her "excited utterance" six days or so later is admissible, perhaps next trial we'll hear testimony from a counselor or others who heard other "excited utterances."

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member