Jaycee's Girls

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw another article that said the one girl's name was Scarlett. I wonder if there was some confusion with the media.

just saw on the fund for them that it was starlett and angel.
God bless this little ladies.

I wonder who encouraged the girls to be avid Hannah Montana watchers, as the show promotes the sexualization of children.

Had a positive thought... since the girls have no SS numbers or Birth Certificates, perhaps they can be established with the last names of Dugard or Probyn, rather than Garrido. One less tie to that monster!
Perhaps the Probyns- Terry +/- Carl can adopt them?

Had a positive thought... since the girls have no SS numbers or Birth Certificates, perhaps they can be established with the last names of Dugard or Probyn, rather than Garrido. One less tie to that monster!

Good thought, :HappyBday NEW START:
Any name is better then the luggage of the of their birth father's name. Any name will also give them more anonymity, they do not have a BC anyway so it can be a good start.

I wonder who encouraged the girls to be avid Hannah Montana watchers, as the show promotes the sexualization of children.
I had no idea they watched TV - wasn't he afraid they may learn about the world at large?
I thought the first TV experience was with Jaycee's mom.

I had no idea they watched TV - wasn't he afraid they may learn about the world at large?
I thought the first TV experience was with Jaycee's mom.

So sez Mrs. Molino. There's a quote in one article that says the spent all day watching Hannah Montana (on tape?).

Since Creepy Phil had a videocamera where he was raping Katie Callaway, could he have named his daughter "Starlett" because he may have been filming her too?

FUnny, I've never seen that on any Hannah Montana shows.

hmm I was thinking more of pretending to be somebody your not
she hannah to her fans and miley to her family and friends jmo

I don't see how that's sexualizing of young girls...not seeing the dots connected. But that's neither here nor there really...just boils down to opnions. It does sound like they've had some exposure to the outside world which can be a good thing...there's little rays of hope all throughout this case it seems like.

Shayna (Jaycee's 19 year old sister) posted this to her MySpace yesterday:

I have heard the names of my neices have been released but I am wondering..how much did someone get paid to do it? UGH
19 hours ago
Mood:aggravated

Shayna posted this update today:

May I please ask that I appreciate help but we are trying very hard to keep the support address to one secure place. Thanks
2 hours ago
Mood: focused

She is referring to the Trust Fund established for the girls; this is the Official Support Address she previously posted:

Jaycee Dugard Trust Fund
c/o View Tech Financial Svcs.
P.O. Box 596
Atwood, CA 92811

I think this is an excellent and very positive thought! We're not quite a week into this case becoming major headline news everywhere. As time goes on, and with an eventual trial, PG and NG's names will likely become well-known household names like Jeffrey Dalmer or Ted Bundy. It would be far better that the two girls not share PG's last name. It would only lead to people asking, "are you related to?"

The whole family needs time to heal. Having the same surname as a PG only invites extra attention. I'm glad to hear Jaycee and the girls are now at Terry's home in Riverside County. I think this is a positive sign that the reunification process is progressing.

I also feel that Jaycee telling the two girls the truth of their circumstances is also a positive sign of Jaycee's maturity. Although it's a heavy burden to handle, I think the truth is the best route in this situation.

Maybe they were only allowed to watch the Disney channel or Disney-related movies? I believe Disney also has it's own radio station that airs only the artists on their tv shows. They would not have had to be exposed to other media in order follow anything on Disney, imo.

I don't see how that's sexualizing of young girls...not seeing the dots connected. But that's neither here nor there really...just boils down to opnions. It does sound like they've had some exposure to the outside world which can be a good thing...there's little rays of hope all throughout this case it seems like.

That's what I thought, too. In a weird way I'm glad--as artificial and silly as HM is--that at least the girls might not be completely unaware of technology and current social references, styles, songs, etc. It will make their transition to their new life easier in some ways.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20301831,00.html

It would seem like more than two girls could bear: The man they called "daddy" turns out to be a registered sex offender thrown in jail, and now they've been told the woman they thought was their big sister is really their mother.

This is what Angel, 11, and Starlit, 15, have faced since the arrest last week of Phillip Garrido, charged with the 1991 abduction of Jaycee Dugard, now 29.

"They thought Jaycee was their sister," Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, tells PEOPLE. "People have to realize this will take years of therapy."

For both of the above reasons- pretending to be someone you're not and the sexualization- I don't encourage my daughter with Hannah Montana and won't buy her Hannah Montana clothing or other merchandise, even though several of her friends have it. There are other better role models out there!

"They thought Jaycee was their sister," Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, tells PEOPLE. "People have to realize this will take years of therapy."

There's something "nagging" at me about this. When Jaycee had the youngest who is now 11 - then the oldest at that time was 4. How did "they" explain to the 4 year old why "sister" is getting "fat" but only in her belly? You all know how curious 4 year olds are. How was it explained to her for her and now the youngest to believe Jaycee was their sister? And once the youngest was born? How did they explain it to the oldest then? All of a sudden one day - there's this brand new baby! Where did it come from?

Wow. What all 3 of these women went through.

For both of the above reasons- pretending to be someone you're not and the sexualization- I don't encourage my daughter with Hannah Montana and won't buy her Hannah Montana clothing or other merchandise, even though several of her friends have it. There are other better role models out there!

I don't see the sex thing your talking about. However, 1 thing that I thought HM was good for, was to show that being a super star isn't always great. That they are real people too. They don't always get what they want. They still have to mind their parents, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe
Back