JBaez requests Ex Parte Hearing with Judge Strickland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. But the "admissions" would be (likely) before trial and not information the jurors would ever hear about either way. Motions like these are done out of the presence of the jury...but not the court of public opinion. He really would be Public Enemy #1 then...

LMAO - so much dietary wagering going on in here!

I guess LBK thought saying that the public sees JB aslike Hitler and KC as like Osama Bin Laden was an attempt at giving them nowhere to go but up. Yeah, right, they sure have rockets tied to their asses.

Public Enemy Number One - well it might be the first time he has ever placed that high in a competition. He strikes me as someone who just might have flunked Recess. (snark alert! sorry - oxygen deprivation and steep blood pressure drop from lack of fresh documents leaves me unable to control my inside voice...)

Yep, that's what I figured and actually edited that (in terms of being a public enemy) in my original post right before you responded :)

But can you IMAGINE a motions hearing (with the cameras rolling) wherein he admits Casey told him the precise location of the body and all of his "evidence" of police misconduct and illegal behavior and then Strickland DENIES the motion?

Then he's essentially gone before the world, dug Casey's grave and pushed her in. Let's talk about a poisoned the jury pool then.

Heh. Go 'head...

Is it possible that Baez would be as sloppy about taking due caution where there was a third party within hearing distance as he was conveying the news of Caylee's body being found under visible video surveillance?

According to Chezhire, if a third party is obviously present the communication between a lawyer and client isn't privileged.

But, Baez says his conversation with Casey about where finding Caylee's body in a public room in front of deputy sheriff's, other inmates and video surveillance was. It doesn't sound to me as if Baez could reasonably expect that that communication in a public room full of people and a visible camera could not be overheard and wouldn't be videotaped.

JMO

I don't find it strange that Officer Cain was the responding officer because that is probably his territory to cover. However, when DomC was being interviewed by LE he said that no one from the A family told him about that location. Could it be that Officer Cain spoke to DomC about it and someone reporting something suspicious in that area? In his interview, just as he was about to tell LE who told him about the location, they went off the record. I don't mean that Officer Cain went running to DomC with the information, but just in the course of visiting, he may have mentioned it?

Well that makes perfect sense to me. DC was hanging out at the Ant's home 24/7.

I don't find it strange that Officer Cain was the responding officer because that is probably his territory to cover. However, when DomC was being interviewed by LE he said that no one from the A family told him about that location. Could it be that Officer Cain spoke to DomC about it and someone reporting something suspicious in that area? In his interview, just as he was about to tell LE who told him about the location, they went off the record. I don't mean that Officer Cain went running to DomC with the information, but just in the course of visiting, he may have mentioned it?

How would Officer C even know who Dominic C is? I doubt very much an officer would call a PI during an active investigation.

How would Officer C even know who Dominic C is? I doubt very much an officer would call a PI during an active investigation.

Officer Cain was the officer that took the report on the gas cans from GA. GA might have struck up a conversation about how he was a cop in Ohio, and when Kronk called to report something fishy in the woods Officer Cain might have stopped by his new buddy GA house and told him casually about Kronk seeing something in the woods.

Agreed.

I think it far more likely that Cindy told the truth when she said she sent her investigators out where Caylee was found. I think it was an excited utterance that slipped out in Cindy's rush to defend Casey. Just like when Cindy said Casey's d*** car smelled like a dead body.

Agreed.

I think it far more likely that Cindy told the truth when she said she sent her investigators out where Caylee was found. I think it was an excited utterance that slipped out in Cindy's rush to defend Casey. Just like when Cindy said Casey's d*** car smelled like a dead body.

Well that doesn't surprise me CA snuggles up to every man she comes in contact with. Like mother, like daughter. Maybe CA was the one who invited Officer Cain into her house for a little chili and some cornbread.

I keep thinking there is a reason LE said Lee knew what he did that could lead to obstruction charges. P.I. Casey told LE that somebody told him not to call 911 first IF he found Caylee and that the somebody wasn't Cindy or George.

Chezhire or SoCal or Hooah,

If Lee was assisting Baez by tracking down Casey's leads could Lee be considered an agent of Baez's like a secretary or assistant?

PIs like to hang around LE and find out what they can about a case. How do you think LP gets all his info. Oops, not a good example. LOL

Seriously though, Cain may know the A's with all the various calls over the years along with this case and perhaps he just saw them out one day and stop to shoot the bull.

Heck, I don't know, I'm just throwing things out there.

Well that doesn't surprise me CA snuggles up to every man she comes in contact with. Like mother, like daughter. Maybe CA was the one who invited Officer Cain into her house for a little chili and some cornbread.

Maybe that was the "nice young man" who came to dinner.

"Deviousness-impaired?! :floorlaugh:

I don't know what his defense is going to be. Wish we knew about that other case he just finished.
I'm not going to help him by discussing possible defenses. :shutup: :ziplip:
I have a feeling JB or his staff watches this forum. :kilroy:
Nope. Not me. Never. :nono:

Perfect! :blowkiss: I wouldn't be surprised if they keep an eye on discussions here. There's probably more (free) legal and investigative talent right here than they have access to elsewhere.

Respectfully snipped:

What I just can't understand is how could JB say KC is "innocent" if KC told him the "true" facts and/or he looks at the evidence.

JB has Special Lawyer Powers that enable him to know the "Real Casey." But BC has Extra Special Powers because he's able to know the "Real Casey" without ever having talked to her. If I had their Special Lawyer-Powers I'd shoot myself.

I'd say that Mr. Hornsby is giving JBaez too much credit here re: has JBaez even bothered to go through the legally appropriate channels to try to obtain that which he seeks before filing this. Since I don't give JBaez that much credit, plus the fact that I'm well versed in the fact that any time an attorney sends out a subpoena, they HAVE to certify that they've sent what we attorneys call "notice" copies to all counsel of record. It's called "there is no trial by ambush" in my part of the world. :doh:

No disrespect to Mr. Hornsby intended, but how long ago did he start shaving? I have bed sheets that are older than he looks.

Betcha she didn't even know about it. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Wanna place bets on how likely it will be that she'll withdraw???
(J/K...but the more I look at what I wrote, the more I wonder...)

I've been thinking the same thing about LKB withdrawing. Her valuable reputation in now linked to an attorney who is embarrassing himself in the courtroom and the national media. Maybe mine is just wishful thinking because she strikes me as an extremely formiddable opponent...

Respectfully snipped:

~~ Wouldn't it be interesting to hear the SA's comments on Baez & all of his blunders? :floorlaugh:

I don't want them getting overconfident until they've won their case and gotten a guilty verdict. But after that, I'd love to hear what they've thought and said.

I can't stand how JB talks about Ashton's "temper tantrums" and goes on a bunch of national media shows, dissing the prosecution and LE. Yet if someone from that side EVER said anything negative about JB him and his entire defense team would go ballistic. Ughh

Yes, prosecution will go with ZFG story, which is Casey's sworn statement that can not be corroborated by anyone in any way. Then add to that the 31 days without reporting, death smell in car, hair in trunk, party pictures, the first call home from jail. Her case is hopeless.

I've lurked a long time and have always been impressed with everyone's knowledge on these boards. After reading all 24 pages, the above is what made me smile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back