Jian Ghomeshi, well known, well respected radio host fired for Sexual Assault

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
can we ws'ers find the tie in other pics of him?

I mean, who appears in front of a judge casual without tie and then puts it on after departing the courtroom? Why not just leave it off?

I thought the order of tie off/tie on was somewhat ''dyslexic''.......

Will the dirty turd Ghomeshi that violently assaulted women, like Russell Williams - another power monger - get away with it? I'm sure that his lawyer hoped that parading him for the media would create at least some sort of online following. What a pathetic use of the world wide web: manipulation of readers. Ghomeshi's lawyer gets credit for trying to fleece the under-educated for a strong stance ... didn't work so far.

His lawyer should be credited with sluggish, sewer behaviour ... yay ... she paraded her violent offender client for the media to "mitigate" the audience.
Someone should tell her that no matter how much weight she loses, and how "hip" she is, her client is still a violent offender.

Dyslexic? Since when is it dyslexic for a man to put on a tie to meet the media?

the tie should have been put on for the Judge! (MOO) out of respect.....

public -- not as important (MOO)

average Joe would be doing best to be respectful before Judge
average Joe would most likely be ripping tie off leaving court out of comfort

the tie should have been put on for the Judge! (MOO) out of respect.....

public -- not as important (MOO)

average Joe would be doing best to be respectful before Judge
average Joe would most likely be ripping tie off leaving court out of comfort

Jian Ghomeshi is anything but the "average joe".
Ghomeshi was terrified of the "off leaving" of his façade.

We know JG doesn't agree with the charges that were laid against him so maybe he decided to not wear his tie when he appeared before the Judge to protest the charges?

jmo

Lynched? We're talking about a man that is very much like Jesse Matthew, of Virginia ... Charlottesville, specifically. Jian Ghomeshi lured especially younger women and took some of them home. He preyed on women that approached him for career interest (who at the CBC was supposed to be paying attention to interns and employee relationships???).

At Ghomeshi's home, these women were beaten up, hit in the head, punched in the head, forced to their knees, and forced to give Jian Ghomeshi oral sex until he was satisfied, and then they were dismissed ... those young women, told to leave while he sat at his computer. They were left to take a cab home while he sat in another room ... a room different from his preference for violence and sexual assault.

?The teddy bear was turned away from the assault ... is that because the "childhood" teddy bear did or didn't have a recording device in place when the bear was turned 180 degrees by Ghomeshi as he was about to beat up a woman?

"Preaching to the converted "
Appearance, clothing, demeanor, ect. is orchestrated right down to the tie and its' colour for maximum desired effect, imo, these lawyers know what they are doing! So does Ghomeshi..
Good thing it was not a black suit with a blue tie, apparently those colours are associated with the s+m crowd.. (like bruises)

CBC managers told of Jian Ghomeshi 'assault' allegations back in June

"Chris Boyce, the head of CBC Radio and a central figure in the story, speaking on the record for the first time, denied Ghomeshi's claim that he was "given the choice to walk away quietly," insisting the radio star was told the corporation was "beginning a termination process." CBC announced Ghomeshi was fired on Oct. 26."

In a Facebook post later that day, Ghomeshi said he had been "given the choice to walk away quietly and to publicly suggest it was [his] decision."

CBC has never publicly responded to that claim, until now.

"I can say he was never given the opportunity to quietly walk away," Boyce told Findlay. "We were very clear with him that we were beginning a termination process."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...i-assault-allegations-back-in-june/ar-BBg6K3p

The CBC is disgusting me in all this. The unmaking of JG just sounds like another attempt at damage control. They owe some apologies to staff members for sure. I wonder if they've apologized to anyone for looking away or still trying to act like heroes for the firing only after damning evidence couldn't been unseen?

What giant balls and ego it takes to show that video to your rmployer with such confidence that they will see it your way.

But is this screening now evidence in itself that JG may have actually THOUGHT the violence was consented to, by the presence of the women? Was he charged with forcible confinement? I mean certainly a deluded thought but did he see it as ok because someone agreed to come over?

If you ask me - and this is sad - the only chance these women have without hard evidence is the fact that there is a few of them and there is probably a pattern in their testimony.

O.k. I just watched the Fifth Estate segment. I have to say is was incredibly strange to watch an investigative show investigate their own employer!

I'm really not sure what to make of it. The show did contain some 'who knew what, when' stuff, but I can't imagine that it wasn't all pre-approved by the top brass at CBC.

Check it out here:
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

(I'm sure that link will change once this episode moves off the 'front page'.)

I believe him. Corporations do this all the time so they can avoid the complications that come with termination.

CBC managers told of Jian Ghomeshi 'assault' allegations back in June

"Chris Boyce, the head of CBC Radio and a central figure in the story, speaking on the record for the first time, denied Ghomeshi's claim that he was "given the choice to walk away quietly," insisting the radio star was told the corporation was "beginning a termination process." CBC announced Ghomeshi was fired on Oct. 26."

In a Facebook post later that day, Ghomeshi said he had been "given the choice to walk away quietly and to publicly suggest it was [his] decision."

CBC has never publicly responded to that claim, until now.

"I can say he was never given the opportunity to quietly walk away," Boyce told Findlay. "We were very clear with him that we were beginning a termination process."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...i-assault-allegations-back-in-june/ar-BBg6K3p

New and unsettling..
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/11/28/jian_ghomeshi_did_not_ask_for_consent_accusers_say.html
By: Kevin Donovan Investigations, Published on Fri Nov 28 2014

"In the incident where the woman alleges a suffocation attempt (in 2012), the former student said she had a tumultuous five-month relationship that included numerous assaults. She left him after one particularly traumatic incident in his house where she alleges he was suffocating her.

“I could die here tonight and no one would know what happened,” said the woman, who said she used her phone to contact a girlfriend from Ghomeshi’s bathroom. Her friend told her to “get out of there.”

>>>snip>>>

"To the Star’s knowledge, there are now 15 women making abuse allegations and two making harassment allegations. Two men the Star has spoken to describe incidents where Ghomeshi fondled their genitals in a public place without consent. The Star has also interviewed two women who, when they were as young as 16, felt that Ghomeshi inappropriately contacted, touched and flirted with them. Neither of them alleges physical or sexual assault, but found his advances unsettling. In one case, the person he made advances on was 16. Ghomeshi was 40 at the time.

None of the allegations against Ghomeshi has been tested in court."

Interesting the TWO men came forward with allegations that they were molested by Ghomeshi. I had only heard of the one from York U. Also the number of allegations has gone up since I last checked. I watched most of the program from last night. It made the CBC look pretty bad that no one on staff was questioned about what they knew r.e. JG. "That's the police's job" or similar was the reason given. Kudos to Jessie Brown for pushing the story and likely saving some more people from being assaulted by him.

I haven't read thru this thread yet but thought I would post a thought that has been irking me since this case came forward, not sure if this has been talked about or pursued...

The first thing that came to mind when I heard of all these allegations and woman coming forward and JG's MO for sexual encounters is what if there is one or more victim who did not make it out alive? Whether it was an encounter at his home or while he travelled, I can't help but wonder if any missing young woman would fit into any of JG's timelines of travel to various cities or in Toronto.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back