JLM Charged in the Hannah Graham Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess we should have seen that coming. Not saying it didn't happen but it seems to be a common excuse that a lot of rapist/murderers fall back on. Wonder where this will lead?
And will these supposed child molester/rapists be named? Or is this a poor LJ tactic?

I believe it is just a 'poor LJ' tactic. IMO, JLM is a serial rapist & serial killer so I expect him to be manipulative. I don't buy his gentle giant, big teddy bear persona for an instant. It breaks my heart that the last thing these young women saw were his cold, dead eyes glaring at them.

A lot of people were abused as children and didn't grow up to kill and rape people. I hope the judge sees this monster for what he is and doesn't cut him any slack. JLM should remain caged for the rest of his miserable life.

moo

Hope this is the right thread to post this..

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2015/09/29/22557063.html

"Ex-girlfriend says accused in Virginia student's murder was raped as a child"

"In a letter to the judge made public Tuesday, the girlfriend, whose full name was not included in the letter, said Matthew was sexually abused by at least three different people.

The woman, who said she dated the man known to friends as L.J. from 2003 to 2005, said he "was sexually abused by at least three different individuals (that I'm aware of) through his elementary school years. One individual in particular raped him on several occasions and forced L.J. to keep it a secret. I have no doubt this repeated sexual trauma during his developmental years played a key role in the allegations against him."

She said Matthew was reluctant to discuss the assaults and would become despondent if it came up. She said she thought he sought out therapy once or twice because but couldn't afford continued sessions."

@Dotr, I think this link should be in both Morgan's and Hannah's threads

I believe it is just a 'poor LJ' tactic. IMO, JLM is a serial rapist & serial killer so I expect him to be manipulative. I don't buy his gentle giant, big teddy bear persona for an instant. It breaks my heart that the last thing these young women saw were his cold, dead eyes glaring at them.

A lot of people were abused as children and didn't grow up to kill and rape people. I hope the judge sees this monster for what he is and doesn't cut him any slack. JLM should remain caged for the rest of his miserable life.

moo

This! Exactly!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...child-claims-ex-girlfriend.html#ixzz3nG8fzpD2

First time offender? :stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

Exactly my thought.

"First time offender" is NOT true - he was accused of rape in college. This might be the first time he faced charges, but it is not the first time he was accused.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but we already know he had more than one victim.

And, and, and....this "first time offender" isn't charged with a petty crime that could be dismissed with a warning. He raped and murdered.

Geez.

I feel like all this info coming out about JM is more relevant during the penalty phase when they are deciding between lwop or the death penalty.

Not that the info gives any excuse- many people are abused and do not rape and kill others, in return. BUT, I do think that this country (and world, really) has an epidemic that has gone ignored. I wish that it was not so taboo and that victims would actually press charges on their predators. The reason it happens so much is because it is sooo painful. Painful to live, painful to relive, painful to look the person in the eye again. Predators know that the chances of being stopped are slim to none. Their victims don't want to go through that. But, those predators NEVER stop! They victimize many people, leaving so many broken. Maybe someone will take a cue from LJ's first victim and be a strong hero and stand up to those who have wronged them in order to save the next girl (or boy). I am sorry he was abused (and I don't doubt it. That kind of soullessness doesn't come easily). I am even more sorry that he didn't take out his anger where it belonged- by filing charges against those who hurt him. And, of course, I am most sorry to those many girls who paid the ultimate price for the crime that someone committed against him. He just passed on his pain to many more people. Those who hurt him passed the pain to his victims. It is a never ending cycle of pain, until we decide that enough is enough and we do something to stop it. Help save the next child by reporting your predators!!!! **end rant** Sorry.

Mother of Slain Student Morgan Harrington Consoles Mother of Accused Killer
Mother of deceased daughter shows empathy for accused killer's mother

By Alan Suderman AP via NBCNEWS
4 hrs ago

[...]

Judge Cheryl V. Higgins denied two motions by Matthew's attorneys in the Graham case. They had asked the judge to release information about members of the Albemarle County grand juries over the last four years, including their names and addresses.

That information is necessary to determine whether the state followed jury selection procedures required by law, they said.
His lawyers also filed a motion to appoint an expert to determine what risk Matthew would pose to society if he's given life in prison instead of the death penalty.

approve a motion by Matthew's attorneys to allow them to file motions under temporary seal in order to prevent potential witnesses from being subjected to intense media scrutiny prior to hearings before the trial.

[...]

more detail below

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_bb5c6126-67cb-11e5-b144-73cccc467f6d.html
By Dean Seal

The defense was not so lucky in the second and third motions: Higgins denied a motion to bring an expert on matters related to prison violence into the trial, as dictated by a previous decision by the Supreme Court of Virginia. For the third motion, which requested information on the selection process of grand jury members for the last four years, Higgins said she would take the matter under advisement. When Ramseur asked that she make a decision during the hearing, she fully denied the motion.

Gil Harrington never ceases to amaze me. I knew she was a class act, but this is just beyond.

I'd like to think I could be so gracious, but I'm not sure I could under the circumstances.

Has this meeting already taken place today, would be great to get an update since the link references today's date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura French (@lfrenchnews): https://twitter.com/lfrenchnews?s=09

#JesseMatthew expert funding hearing delayed until 4pm. @CBS6

@AlbemarleCounty judge denies #JesseMatthew defense motion on ex parte hearing. @CBS6

CONT defense was requesting alternate judge hear expert funding requests without CW present. @CBS6 #JesseMatthew #HannahGraham

Change of venue discussed for #HannahGraham trial at #JesseMatthew ex parte hearing. @CBS6

#JesseMatthew defense has until March 2 2016 to file change of venue for #HannahGraham trial @CBS6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back