JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it-> http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

However, her parents, both medical professionals, say signs of violence were obvious on their daughter's remains, which were released from evidence and returned to them in February.

"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way," says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter's killer, "to break her bones before he murdered her." Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter's skeleton showed "brutal damage."

While the Harringtons won't say which of Morgan's bones were broken–- and acknowledge that they do not yet know her actual cause of death, pending the release of the official autopsy report–- they remain convinced that the person responsible is an experienced criminal and may be a convicted sex offender.

"This is not his first crime," Gil Harrington says. "He has upped his game in a significant and disturbing way."

The tragic irony is that JM would have likely been classified as a Tier 3 RSO if prosecuted and convicted for the 2002 rape accusation, imo...

Aleph, I could see that happening if Morgan somehow escaped from the car and ran into the Anchorage Farm fields. However, a girl like Morgan or Hannah would not have a chance against a big guy like JW (or anybody else). And we know JW has a propensity to throw girls over his shoulder according to witness accounts the night Hannah disappeared.

In the case of the 2005 young woman who was sexually assaulted I've read two different articles describing how she was moved to a different area to assault her. One was Carried, the other was dragged. If she was Carried that could be significant.

"I couldn't imagine".. <BBM>

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/

Gil Harrington&#8217;s Thoughts from September 18, 2012

Autopsy Report
Which seat do you choose? Among all the comfortable chairs in this house, which one is the right one to support me as I open and read the Medical Examiner&#8217;s autopsy report for our slain daughter, Morgan Dana Harrington?
It is a thick envelope. The kids always said a fat envelop was a good sign; typically meaning something positive, like an acceptance to college. Thick or pancake flat envelope makes no difference in this missive; it is all bad news. It is stupid of me to be so avoidant of this written document. I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot. Still to experience the objectivity and scientific analysis inherent in the autopsy report is going to be so disturbing. She wasn&#8217;t a 20 year old white female, 5feet7 inches&#8230;&#8230; She was Morgan, our baby girl with shiny hair, flashing eyes and such sweet silky soft skin. How could he have ended all that? I will never understand the evil, the cruelty of this killer

As time passes, Morgan, I feel mounting urgency about other young women that may fall in this predator&#8217;s path. I feel his blood lust growing and am frantic in my determination to Help Save the Next Girl.
<sniped - Read More>

"I couldn't imagine".. <BBM>

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-september-18-2012/

Gil Harrington&#8217;s Thoughts from September 18, 2012

Autopsy Report
Which seat do you choose? Among all the comfortable chairs in this house, which one is the right one to support me as I open and read the Medical Examiner&#8217;s autopsy report for our slain daughter, Morgan Dana Harrington?
It is a thick envelope. The kids always said a fat envelop was a good sign; typically meaning something positive, like an acceptance to college. Thick or pancake flat envelope makes no difference in this missive; it is all bad news. It is stupid of me to be so avoidant of this written document. I have seen the damage, felt the bones, smelled the rot. Still to experience the objectivity and scientific analysis inherent in the autopsy report is going to be so disturbing. She wasn&#8217;t a 20 year old white female, 5feet7 inches&#8230;&#8230; She was Morgan, our baby girl with shiny hair, flashing eyes and such sweet silky soft skin. How could he have ended all that? I will never understand the evil, the cruelty of this killer

As time passes, Morgan, I feel mounting urgency about other young women that may fall in this predator&#8217;s path. I feel his blood lust growing and am frantic in my determination to Help Save the Next Girl.
<sniped - Read More>

Gil's words always give me the chills. So beautiful and poignant and so very, very sad.

In the case of the 2005 young woman who was sexually assaulted I've read two different articles describing how she was moved to a different area to assault her. One was Carried, the other was dragged. If she was Carried that could be significant.

I remember reading that while she was walking home from a grocery store, she was approached by a guy who talked to her, she continued walking, he came up behind grabbed her, threw her over his shoulder, and carried her off to a location behind a shed in her apartment where he beat her and choked her unconscious.

I'm looking for a link to that story

The thing is... in 2005 it was dark. She was grabbed from behind. He choked her. She passed out. Sketches are not easy to do and they rarely are tack on.... even when there is proof positive that person X in the sketch did it. SO....... the 2005 sketch IS CLOSE ENOUGH. Black male (check), distinctive face shape (check), age range (check).... the 2005 raper, is Morgan's killer... She was killed in Charlottesville (a very small town) by the sketch guy. THIS NEW GUY is close enough that it definitely could also be him and there is a sure fire way to rule him in or out. The involvement of FBI so much in the case leads me to believe (although LE may not have the DNS proof back yet), that they are 50% certain it is the same guy. It might not be... but the DNA will not lie and they are hedging their bets just in case it comes in positive.
I like your post, but I'm confused as to why you quoted mine prior to posting. As a mother of an 18-year-old girl away at college, I can't stop thinking about HG. My daughter isn't at UVa, but I was, some 20+ years ago, and I keep playing HG's movements over and over again in my mind.

As for the sketch, it is close enough for me, especially around the brow. There was a post by FightTheOstrich who posted a link to a fantastic feature that showed sketches of suspects compared to actual photos of the apprehended. I think it's very close, but as you say, we will not know unless there is a DNA match.

Forgive me if this sounds silly, but when I was a new mom years ago, I read pretty much everything out there about what we knew at the time about child development. Newborns supposedly recognize their mother not only by smell, but by the shape of the mother's brow, which is more discernible to them before their eyesight is fully developed. I think that trait carries on in us all throughout life, as I can definitely recall the shape of the brows and eyes of a person more easily than their nose or mouth. JMO :moo:

I can't help but keep coming to this forum, hoping to see some new evidence about JLM, linking him to other crimes or more optimistically and importantly, disclosing the location of Hannah. I do have a sinking feeling, though, that we will hear nothing more if she is not found, and any link to MH or the Oxford Row Rapist of Fairfax will not be revealed until much, much later, when the case is ready to go to trial. :(

One more unrelated note, and I'll stop babbling. I've worked with teenagers for many years now as a public school teacher. I've broken up many fights during my career, as well. Some of the kids I absolutely adore have gone into a rage when provoked by the seemingly simplest, stupidest thing, and kids I never in a million years would have suspected to have the capacity for violence in them just completely lose it and beat the he** out of another kid. It's deeply upsetting, especially in one case where a kid knocked me down when I was trying to break up a fight. When I talked to him a week or so later, he had no idea he had made any physical contact with me in his pursuit of the student who had set him off. He was in disbelief of his own actions towards me and was very remorseful. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we don't know what can serve as a trigger for violence in some individuals, and sometimes it's the people you would never in a million years expect capable of harming anybody who end up doing severe damage.

That's all. Thanks for reading. :late:

I remember reading that while she was walking home from a grocery store, she was approached by a guy who talked to her, she continued walking, he came up behind grabbed her, threw her over his shoulder, and carried her off to a location behind a shed in her apartment where he beat her and choked her unconscious.

I'm looking for a link to that story
I have been searching for over an hour for the article where I read this information, too. Unfortunately, I was on a different computer yesterday, one I left at work, so I can't just check my history to find it. Thank you for posting this, as I was beginning to fear I had imagined it in my mind.

As I recall the 2005 victim was carrying groceries, and was attacked from behind. However, if you cannot locate the article I doubt I could.

I have been searching for over an hour for the article where I read this information, too. Unfortunately, I was on a different computer yesterday, one I left at work, so I can't just check my history to find it. Thank you for posting this, as I was beginning to fear I had imagined it in my mind.

FBI Sexual Assault in Fairfax City, Virginia: On the evening of Saturday, September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old victim was walking home from the Giant Food Store located on the 3700 block of Jermantown Road in Fairfax City, Virginia. The suspect grabbed the victim from behind as she walked down Rock Garden Drive toward her residence. He then carried the victim to a grassy area behind a maintenance shed, where he sexually assaulted her. The suspect was last seen running from the area.http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...e-there-more-blonde-victims-by-same-predator/

As I recall the 2005 victim was carrying groceries, and was attacked from behind. However, if you cannot locate the article I doubt I could.

Wow. Makes you wonder if they do have DNA results back.

It's very interesting.

When did the FBI first start working Hannah's case. Does anyone remember? Was it right from the start? Or maybe after LE searched JM's car and home?

So perhaps during that initial search of his car and home they ran his DNA. Now they are just waiting on the results from the "official" DNA sample they took when he was arrested.

Thank you, but that is one that describes the victim, confirming that she probably did not look much like MH. There was another article I read that stated that the victim had talked to him for a moment, then proceeded down a path to the neighborhood that was not the main roadside sidewalk. From there she was grabbed from behind and taken to a location where she was raped and strangled before a resident walking nearby scared the perp away.

I'll keep looking, and tomorrow I'll go look at the history on may laptop I left at work. :gaah:

Is this the thread where we were listing the points of similarity between Morgan and Hannah's disappearance? I have so many tabs open with so many threads I can't find where there was a posted who was starting a list if what was the same in both cases...

I know its been said that they already searched AF. But I'm wondering if they actually searched the whole place, or just in the vicinity where MH was found. Seems like it would've taken much longer, its a BIG farm.

<BBM for focus>

Most sexual predators/rapists are identified and apprehended before escalating to their first kill. If not apprehended they will eventually reach serial killer status. Once they reach this status, and cross this threshold, after honing their skills over time. Their innocent victims are then considered their personal possessions/trophies by them..

Although MH's remains were found in the open, imo if JM is responsible for other missing victims, their remains will not be located in the same vicinity as MH's. But will likely be located in an unrelated geographical area where other victims were not discovered, and possibly in clusters..jmo

Green River serial killer; Gary Ridgeway, felt that the bodies of his victims &#8220;belonged&#8221; to him. ... &#8220;A beautiful person that was my property&#8212;uh, my possession,&#8221; he told task force investigators..
<sniped - read more>

http://books.google.com/books?id=mC...felt his victims were his possessions&f=false

Have you ever seen a case where LE knows the perp cuz of DNA but does not release the info!

If they know be did MH, would they not tell it now?

They may not even have run his DNA yet....I mean...don't these things take awhile because of the back log? I know they can put a rush on things however. Also, I think that LE would hold everything close to the vest as possible. If they have already run his DNA through the database....and it matched the DNA found on MH's body or shirt - I doubt seriously they would tell the public just yet. JMO.

Looking at the map of where MH was found... Right by Taylor Mountain... Isn't that where the FBI and the Body Farm team are looking for the Lyon sisters? Don't mean to throw in another twist, but they said Lloyd Welch's family member(s) were also involved, that's where they live, and apparently LW said they were on the property. Obviously they know the MH/rape guy is black and the Welches are white, just tossing around a possible connection?

I live in Fairfax and was wondering what JMs connection was up here? Family? Where the rape occurred is very near George Mason University so maybe he was trolling for victims downtown? But I think it'd be more likely that he would be waiting near the bars and restaurants, not near the grocery store. There are plenty of alleys in that area... The rape itself occurred in the swimming pool area of a development...he'd have to know the area pretty well to know where to drag the victim. It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow