JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read that LE is looking into Cassandra Morton as a possible link to JM. If she is linked to him I find the initials of the 3 victims very odd.

CM
MH
HG

See the pattern?

I know RAT is linked to Samantha Clarke, but I read this in an article online and it was eerily similar to the disappearance of HG:

"Taylor admits to having seen Clarke in a bar just prior to her disappearance but had no other interaction with her. Shortly after she was confirmed as a missing person, Taylor was identified as a suspect, but was never charged for her disappearance."

BBM

The pattern of the victim's initials is most likely random with no significance. Right now, we don't know that he is/isn't linked to CM. I gather that JM is a predator of circumstance. He doesn't stalk his victims, they just have the misfortune of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Taylor called Samantha's house numerous times the night she disappeared source: http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...ke-for-Missing-Orange-Co-Woman-274760811.html
Taylor also lied about seeing/interacting with Alexis Murphy until he was presented with video evidence to the contrary.

I know all that. I was pointing out that JM used the same excuse regarding Hannah. Went in Tempo, bought her a drink, went our separate ways.

JM might have been well aware of RAT's trial and the fact that he was never charged in the disappearance of SC. I'm not implying JM had anything to do with SC or RAT.

The date of Hattie Brown's disappearance in the timeline should be 5/16/09, not 7/07/09. I believe the 7/07 date was when her car was found burned behind a barn in a rural area.
I've often wondered if whoever is abducting and killing young people isn't also using vehicles of some of these older missing/murdered women and men. Then once they've used one victim's car, they either leave it in another location or leave it elsewhere and set it on fire.

Sorry just catching up... but what car (or cab) would JLM have driven in October of 2009 when Morgan went missing?

http://www.bamarecord.com/2014/10/02/suspect-tied-to-hannah-graham-case-now-linked-to-alleged-rape/

Suspect tied to Hannah Graham case now linked to alleged rape
Published October 2, 2014 | By Bama Boy
Related Coverage

LYNCHBURG, Va. (CNN) — Liberty University, October 2002: a female student calls police at 4:26 am to report a rape. Officers respond immediately. The girl tells them she was raped at the Vines Center, the school’s sports arena. Michael Doucette, Commonwealth Attorney, says reports show she called the Lynchburg Police Department.

While Doucette didn’t work the case, he has reviewed the file. He says the male student named as the attacker is Jesse Matthew, same man accused in the disappearance of UVa student Hannah Graham, now 12 years later. Liberty University confirms that too.

Doucette says her complaint to the field officer identified him as L.J. “L.J.” appeared to be Matthew’s nickname on campus, where he was a student. Doucette says Matthew cooperated with police, even gave them a statement, but was never charged due to lack of evidence and no eyewitnesses from the Vines Center where the alleged attack happened.

(snipped)

One former teammate told CNN that Matthew was “childlike” and “awkward” and didn’t really know what’s appropriate. That may be true, but if he was violent, and capable of rap, one person who survived his alleged attack is still refusing to come forward all these years later.

Here is a list of missing area women - some names I have not seen on any of the MP lists...and some of whom have been linked as possible JLM victims:

List of women missing in VA near UVA / Virginia Tech / Anchorage Farms / Corridor 29.

2000: 23-year old Hope Curry
2002: 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks
2002: 33-year old Sharon Jones
2003: 19-year old Julie Marie Fraser
2003: 24-year old Autumn Wind Day
2003: 39- year old Sophia May Rivera
2005: 31-year old Vestora Leatrise Spriggs
2005: 34-year old Kathleen Hulderman
2007: 16-year old Ivonne Biviano
2007: 36-year old Sereda McGlothin
2008: 29-year old Gracie MacCord
2009: 17- year old Latonia Smith
2009: 18 and 19-year old Heidi Childs & David Metzler
2009: 23-year old Cassandra Morton (body found one week prior to Morgan Harrington)
2009: 20-year-old Morgan Harrington (google suspect photo) (body found)
 )
( shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building)
2010: 19-year-old Samantha Clarke

2010: 20-year old Arianna Davis
2011: 20-year-old Lauren Smith
2012: 19-year-old Dashad Sage

2012: 22-year-old Heather Hodges

2013: 17-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 18-year-old Jamisha Gilbert

2013: 18-year-old Alexis Murphy

2013: 21-year-old Bethany Decker

2014: 18-year-old Hannah Graham (google suspect photo)

Maybe RAT was the killer in some of these other ones

Which ones, besides Hannah and Morgan, have been linked as possible victims? By who?

But then how is LE going to know if JLM was involved in the other cases? I thought we were talking about DNA testing here? How is LE going to link JLM, a complete stranger to the victims, w/o their body and any forensic evidence on it?

It sounds like it is going to be a long process to link JLM to other cases, yet I have seen many posts that make it sound like it is a given, that LE believes he is involved with X, Y case...Based on what?

There are always crime scene details and other evidence that is not made public. There may be some details of some of these crime scenes that match up. I won't throw out any examples of what I'm thinking. I don't want to muddy the speculation waters up any more than they already are, but rest assured, there is much that we, the public, are not privy to.

Which ones, besides Hannah and Morgan, have been linked as possible victims? By who?

If I read the reports correctly, LE appears to believe that Cassandra Morton (CM) is at the top of the list. I hate to mention this out of sensitivity to the victims' families, but both MH and CM appear to have been savagely beaten... consistent with an MO that culminates in out-of-control rage. Green County LE believed that the aptly-acronymed RAT was responsible for Samantha Clarke's disappearance, but they couldn't put together sufficient evidence and had to let him go.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but WJLA has a bit on Matthew's attack on a Charlottesville attorney over a supposed driving incident:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...tthew-a-gentle-giant-or-predator--107847.html

The incident was four months before Morgan Harrington's disappearance. JM chased down the victim and accused him of cutting him off in traffic. He blocked the victim's car who then threatened to call police. JM then grabbed his phone and punched him in the face a couple of times. JM calmed down, returned the phone and helped find the victim's glasses. Then he drove him to the hospital.

(SORRY, I see this has already been discussed).

It is interesting to me that with Bundy his victims got younger.

That was true with those cousins - Bianchi or something like that Two cousins that were serial killers. They started killing younger girls , too.

It is possible that the perv here did older women as well.

I wonder if he was just going to leave the Fairfax woman or was he going to bring her somewhere to hide her?

Was he looking for someone to rape that night or was it luck?

He brought her behind a shed. Did he have the area scoped out? How did he know where to drag her if it was spur of the moment?

It was taking a big chance so in the open.

He took MH in a cab. HG with multiple witneses.

What is he thinking? So arrogant?

In one article, about the City of Fairfax case, it was reported that as the victim passed JLM Jr he spoke to her. She said, he said he was waiting for a friend. She thought it was weird and continued walking. Soon after he swooped in on her from behind, picked her up and began to strangle and rape her. He dragged her further into the darkness, near the pool, when the male neighbor came outside.
http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VDP68RZTC-d

Was he angry because she did not respond appropriately to his charm?

With the Fairfax case, he raped the victim essentially where he grabbed her (short walk, no drive). I gather his college rapes were similar with no transporting the victims. With Harrington and Graham, he transported them. Perhaps his close call in Fairfax made him change his M.O.? We also know by the time of Graham, he had access to drugs (operating room). Possibly similar with Harrington if he was working in the nursing home near the t-shirt site. So, the use of drugs was possibly another change in his methods.

With the Fairfax case, he raped the victim essentially where he grabbed her (short walk, no drive). I gather his college rapes were similar with no transporting the victims. With Harrington and Graham, he transported them. Perhaps his close call in Fairfax made him change his M.O.? We also know by the time of Graham, he had access to drugs (operating room). Possibly similar with Harrington if he was working in the nursing home near the t-shirt site. So, the use of drugs was possibly another change in his methods.

Funny you should talk about this today; it's been on my mind, too. What was JM's learning process?

Don't know the particulars of the CNU sexual assault, but apparently both the LU and the Fairfax rapes were outside. The LU rape got him in trouble at school, as did the CNU assault. The Fairfax rape nearly got him caught! Can't have that, no sir. So what did he learn? He learned that you can't rape women right out in public. You have to take them somewhere that is secluded.

So where is that place? How did he get MH or HG into a secluded place? What kind of place? Surely not right in the vehicle - not as big as he is. And most certainly there wasn't room in his car for him to have assaulted HG in there. So where? Intoxication would have made it easier for him, but still, you have to have the PLACE.

People who are being assaulted most often would make noise, I'd think. It makes noise to scuffle with someone, even the blows make noise. I would also think that JM would be very wary by this point of being observed, of being caught.

I'm going to see if I can find more details on Cassandra Morton. She was also found outside in a remote place, beaten up. Don't know if the theory was that she was attacked where she was found, or if she was dumped there. Also don't recall if DNA was found.

The next logical step in this learning process, imo, is that even dumping them outside is too risky. So where's the place? I don't think HG is outside, at least not out in the open in a field somewhere, not even in the most remote place. He is learning as he goes.

ETA: Not leaving them alive is part of the learning process, too, imo.

BBM/ As of right now, JM has not been accused of anything in the MH and that rape case. There is some evidential link is all, LE has said.

The rape case is very different from the college cases, IMO. The one at Liberty is one where he admited to having sex with the accused but claimed it was consnesual. That is more a traditional "date rape" situation. As horrible as it is, it happens a lot. That he lost his scholarship, got kicked out of school and was no longer playing football should have been a very loud wake up call to him. That he does something similar again at the next school is mind boggling to me, but again, I don't think it was a "grab an unknown female, assault her, rape her" and then run. It seems that again all those involved were easily IDed and they knew each other.

The 2005 rape case is a whole different situation to me. To actually attack someone clearly not interested in anything, carrying groceries to a home, and just out and out assault and rape with no possible consent or consensus clouding this case, is a departure from the earlier cases. This is not one iota a situation of a hook up , date, pass going wrong. If JM is indeed the perp here, it shows a frighteing side of him even without any link to the MH and Hannah cases. This is a violent, sick, evil act with no misunderstanding. I wonder if there have been other such rapes, attacks, maybe not reported that LE now is getting word about, or maybe some that were reported in the areas. I can't believe that was a solitary act in the blue on part of that perp. I think he would have done a number of such attacks. Never caught since no DNA match was ever made.

With Hannah and with MH, those were opportunities to pick up confused, intoxicated, lost women. Whether the intent was to try to schmooze them into sex, or rape them and then let them go and something went wrong, don't know. Again, I wonder if there are women who did go off with JM, and he pushed them into sex, raped them, and let them go, and they just did not want to report it.

I don't think JM had easy access to drugs in his job. He was an orderly. Those drugs are kept under careful lock and key at the hospitals. I would be surprised if he had ways to steal from UVAMC's pharmacy. But it's not out of the question that he might have had some drugs on hand. I find it suspcious how quickly Hannah became so incapacitated in the TEmpo area and that JM stopped to buy two drinks before taking her to his car. Why would he do that?

Rape is rape. If you are raped on a date or by a stranger, it is rape. It is not a whoopsie.

Taking a penny from you or taking a car. It is stealing.

He is a psychopath. He is not a guy who has no boundaries.

He has no conscience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back