JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm...good thoughts. Could be an overcrowding issue. It is strange that he isn't listed as being an inmate at that facility, and that he isn't closer to family, as you mentioned...

I would guess that this facility is a better place to be, given the requirements to be there...which does make me think he's exchanged information for better accommodations, or that they did find JM to be connected.

I'm hoping we will hear more soon.

I'm thinking they may have gotten him to make a deal. There's Powhatan State Park right there, and with the search starting up again and the press conference tomorrow, I wonder if maybe he's going to help them locate Alexis Murphy or Samantha Clarke? Maybe they found new information and cut a deal not to charge him with Samantha in exchange for the locations. Or maybe there was a connection to JLM, and he's agreed to cooperate in exchange for not being charged with anything JLM got up to.

Pure speculation, of course.

I would like to know if anyone is familiar with the google docs applications. There is an opportunity to use Google Forms to allow public entry of information that will automatically update a spreadsheet. All users can look at the overall entry results at the end of the form entries. The spreadsheet can then have automatic calculations in a column that can include time difference between events, distance from a fixed location, and any other calculation. Google datafusion allows for Goggle maps, and business size data cards to be created.

It all starts with form to enter data points like the lists provided in this forum. A public link to the form can be posted here. Once the form is completed and automated email to the person can provided the details of the data provided in the automated spreadsheet.

Is there an interest in this. It can be an example to use for other sleuth interests/opportunities. Someone with website expertise can embedd the information on their webpage for future projects. I like this because it harnesses the crowd effort. It can all be done annoymous with no personal informatoin collected in the form unless the data entry person provides it for their contact needs.

When I get a chance, I will set up a sample form with an automated spreadsheet as an example. Then who ever would like to take ownership of the documents I can reassign it to them. In Google Docs documents may be shared or reassign. Provided you signup for the free email account. There are no fees or anything if there is a concern.

Let me know.

I would like to know if anyone is familiar with the google docs applications. There is an opportunity to use Google Forms to allow public entry of information that will automatically update a spreadsheet. All users can look at the overall entry results at the end of the form entries. The spreadsheet can then have automatic calculations in a column that can include time difference between events, distance from a fixed location, and any other calculation. Google datafusion allows for Goggle maps, and business size data cards to be created.

It all starts with form to enter data points like the lists provided in this forum. A public link to the form can be posted here. Once the form is completed and automated email to the person can provided the details of the data provided in the automated spreadsheet.

Is there an interest in this. It can be an example to use for other sleuth interests/opportunities. Someone with website expertise can embedd the information on their webpage for future projects. I like this because it harnesses the crowd effort. It can all be done annoymous with no personal informatoin collected in the form unless the data entry person provides it for their contact needs.

When I get a chance, I will set up a sample form with an automated spreadsheet as an example. Then who ever would like to take ownership of the documents I can reassign it to them. In Google Docs documents may be shared or reassign. Provided you signup for the free email account. There are no fees or anything if there is a concern.

Let me know.

Although I have no idea what you're talking about, LOL, you might want to check with the mods first. Just a thought.

Ok, there I go again with long responses.

I am offering to make public a form entry to allow for easily recording of missing person/found information as it pertains to JLM.

Then I can provide a picture screen image of the results to share.

The results may be in the form of a Google map with points, and a chart showing a "trend"

Since I am not a hardcore sleuther, I can transfer ownership of the form and spreadsheet to anyone else that would like it.

Let me know.

That's a great idea. Nice of you to think of it and to offer to do the work it takes. I'm sure it will be useful.

For some reason, I really don't think Erik McFadden had anything to do with Dashad going missing... I just have a feeling that when Dashad didn't show up he left for NY without her. Then he realized that he is a prime suspect. I do believe that JLM saw her near the hospital and offered her a ride or saw her near the Downtown Mall/Bus station (where she was supposed to meet Erik McFadden) and JLM abducted and killed Dashad. ALL JMO.

Two years after Sage Smith’s disappearance, family wants answers over discrepancies in missing person cases
By Courteney Stuart 11/19/14 at 7:04 AM
http://www.c-ville.com/two-years-sa...crepancies-missing-person-cases/#.VG5usjCJOuY
"A vigil for Sage Smith will be held outside the home of Smith’s grandmother at 731 Orangedale Avenue at 7pm on Thursday, November 20."

May the irrepressible Sage Dashad Smith be found, as the case garners more attention and good will through the family's great efforts over the last two years.

http://goo.gl/maps/gPVdw

Map JLM

UVA Medical Center ER
Football Game
Rapture
Blue Light Grill
Tempo
3193 Old Lynchburg

Added as reference points:

Anchorage Farm
Red Hill Elementary

Let me know if I should add anything or make any corrections based on the timeline...thinking out loud...

That's a great idea. Nice of you to think of it and to offer to do the work it takes. I'm sure it will be useful.

I have not forgotten my offer, I just need a little time/space from routine to get something out. Plus a reliable laptop to work on. Sometime soon.

Yay! I can't wait to see it and how it differs from Google maps etc... :)

Thank you so much!

So here is what an question form looks like. It collects anonymous data into a spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Up8rTyquAU1LEY9Nj8I18RDV5oBewFjnVLXLUokYkiI/edit

1. The person filling in the information does not need to fill in their name or email address
2. The information can be collect for multiple inputs from the same person
3. Results may be easily viewed after data is submitted by clicking on an option to view user's inputs
4. Access to the spreadsheet can be made available to specific users that supply their email to receive the link.
5. The form can be automated to send out an email of general statistics from the the spreadsheet.
6. The data collected can be linked to a Google map however, more data may be collected concerning distance between points and charts.

Let me know if you want anything further, I just want to give you an example of a way to collectively gather data as a first step.

This is OT as obviously JM has nothing to do with this, but I don't know how to spread the word on WS that there is yet another teenaged girl missing from Virginia - and I know there are some folks here from Rockbridge Co, where she's missing from.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...17yearold-girl/29907684#.VHPaHEh0-yo.facebook

"GOSHEN, VIRGINIA, November 24th, 2014 ---- The Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking the whereabouts of a 17 year old female that was reported missing from the Goshen area of Rockbridge County. Natasha Bowden was last seen by her family on Saturday, November 22nd. Natasha left her residence with two adult white males in a silver colored Jeep Cherokee. Natasha is believed to be in the Roanoke area.

Anyone with information on Natasha or her whereabouts is asked to contact the Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office at 540-463-7328."

This is OT as obviously JM has nothing to do with this, but I don't know how to spread the word on WS that there is yet another teenaged girl missing from Virginia - and I know there are some folks here from Rockbridge Co, where she's missing from.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...17yearold-girl/29907684#.VHPaHEh0-yo.facebook

"GOSHEN, VIRGINIA, November 24th, 2014 ---- The Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking the whereabouts of a 17 year old female that was reported missing from the Goshen area of Rockbridge County. Natasha Bowden was last seen by her family on Saturday, November 22nd. Natasha left her residence with two adult white males in a silver colored Jeep Cherokee. Natasha is believed to be in the Roanoke area.

Anyone with information on Natasha or her whereabouts is asked to contact the Rockbridge County Sheriff’s Office at 540-463-7328."

Maybe you could check with the mods and start a thread for her?

If we don't already have one, I'll start a thread in the Missing forum. Can't do it immediately, but I'll get to it in a little while.

ETA: Nevermind. She was located. :)

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...-help-finding-missing-17yearold-girl/29907684

For future reference, you guys are welcome to start a thread for a missing person in the Missing forum. Just make sure you have a LE or MSM link. If you're uncomfortable starting a thread, send a pm to a mod or admin, and we'll be happy to open a thread for you.

If we don't already have one, I'll start a thread in the Missing forum. Can't do it immediately, but I'll get to it in a little while.

ETA: Nevermind. She was located. :)

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lex...-help-finding-missing-17yearold-girl/29907684

For future reference, you guys are welcome to start a thread for a missing person in the Missing forum. Just make sure you have a LE or MSM link. If you're uncomfortable starting a thread, send a pm to a mod or admin, and we'll be happy to open a thread for you.

Thank you, bessie. Good news is always so welcome.

After listening to the NPR series Serial about the murder of Hae Min Lee in 1999, now I wonder if she also couldn't be on the possible list of victims of JLM. I acknowledge it's a bit of a leap. It didn't cross my mind once until episode 11 of 12 when they were talking about her being strangled, where she was found dumped, and how they hadn't run DNA on the samples collected from her body. Doing the math it's possible. The man jailed for this murder, Adnan Syed who still protests his innocence, is 33 years old, nearly the same as JLM. Anyway, just a thought I had. These families have been in my thoughts all the past holiday season and my prayers for their comfort and eventual peace. http://serialpodcast.org

Ive actually driven through Powhatan Correctional Center with my Uncle.At the time there was no other route across the river for 20 miles either way. Now that theyve added route 288, I would be surprised if the prison is still open to limited through traffic at all.

VERY intimidating place. Armed guards with rifles on watchtowers and several gates that had to be opened before we could make it through.

Much of the prison is rolling hills covered by fields allowing the guards to see for hundreds of yards.It would be next to impossible to escape from there.

If memory serves correctly they have a sizeable solitary confinement unit as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee
Back