JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
M

Can't talk about the family, but the father's record has somewhat been posted.

Alcoholism is a factor in psychopathy

Yes. I read something about the father also, but he was raised by his mother and grandparents so hopefully they would have had a bigger influence on him!

Yes. I read something about the father also, but he was raised by his mother and grandparents so hopefully they would have had a bigger influence on him!

Its been reported his parents split in 2001, if that's correct he would have been in college...so his dad would have indeed been around for pretty much all of his childhood.

Great article! Thanks!

I had mentioned earlier that a huge part of someone's personality is established in the first six years of life. Regarding the nature vs nurture thing....I realized part of the reason these early ages are so key and why early intervention is SO important...its because inside the brain so much growth is going on, so many synapses being formed, all these inter connection all over the brain...and the brain is really brilliant, because if you have some parts that do not work how they are designed, sometimes the brain will use other parts to compensate, and create new synapses...and if you have early intervention its so much more affective because you are actually changing the way the brain is wiring itself, you are giving it the mental work out it needs to create synapses and connection points that could otherwise atrophy. Effective early intervention can essentially have the same role on changing thought patterns, that is discussed in this article when he mentions how they can change thought patterns and choices through electric stimuli. Fascinating stuff!

Thanks again for the article!

My understanding is that they split when he started at Monticello High School. FWIW Dr. Phil always says that the same-sex parent has the greatest influence on offspring....

Matthew wrestled, played football and ran track at Charlottesville's Albemarle High School [an Albemarle County School, not a Charlottesville city school]. Then in 1998, his junior year, he was transferred from overcrowded Albemarle to the newly completed Monticello High, and his parents separated.

Debra Carr Matthew retained custody of Jesse and his younger sister, Latasha. Court records show Jesse Matthew Sr., with a history of public intoxication arrests and one misdemeanor indecent exposure conviction, was living an hour away in Farmville and owed several thousand dollars in support.

My understanding is that they split when he started at Monticello High School. FWIW Dr. Phil always says that the same-sex parent has the greatest influence on offspring....

Matthew wrestled, played football and ran track at Charlottesville's Albemarle High School [an Albemarle County School, not a Charlottesville city school]. Then in 1998, his junior year, he was transferred from overcrowded Albemarle to the newly completed Monticello High, and his parents separated.

Debra Carr Matthew retained custody of Jesse and his younger sister, Latasha. Court records show Jesse Matthew Sr., with a history of public intoxication arrests and one misdemeanor indecent exposure conviction, was living an hour away in Farmville and owed several thousand dollars in support.

If JM parents split when he was in high school, then he was around long enough to have had a large influence! If he (the father) has had an arrest for indecent exposure then it MIGHT have a genetic component although JM went much farther than this! Add this to being a poor example to LJ in other ways he could have sent him off in the wrong direction! At least contributed to his mindset, although this in itself could not have been the sole cause!

Jesse L.J. Matthew Picks Up and/or Carries Girl(s) - On/Over his Shoulder(s)

1998-2000 – Monticello High School
“I’m going to be 32 in October, and I’ve known LJ since I was about 15.” SY was a classmate at Monticello High School, where friends called Jesse Leroy Matthew "LJ". “He was just a really nice guy – never had any problems with anybody. A really good example of his character comes to mind. At Albemarle High School there was a riot in the 90’s, and my friend was stuck in the surging crowd. LJ put her on his shoulders and took her to safety.” Over the years, she’s remained a friend and cannot believe that the person she describes as gentle could be responsible for a violent crime.
http://wvtf.org/post/friends-jesse-matthew-continue-their-support

09-24-2005
On the evening of Saturday, September 24, 2005, a 26-year-old victim was walking home from the Giant Food Store located on the 3700 block of Jermantown Road in Fairfax City, Virginia. The suspect grabbed the victim from behind as she walked down Rock Garden Drive toward her residence. He then carried the victim to a grassy area behind a maintenance shed, where he sexually assaulted her. The suspect was last seen running from the area.

The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6’0” tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.
http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

09-12-2014
'He immediately picked us both up and held us over his shoulders,' Molly recalled. 'I don't like that at all and told him to put me down. It was very strange. He put us down, and we sort of tried to move away from where he was. But he kept coming around, putting his arm around us and stuff like that.'

Molly said she quickly grew tired of Matthew and left the bar to shake him off, but he followed and continued to down shots of Bourbon.

She said: 'I just didn't like how he was grabbing my friend and I. But he followed us. But after we got to Tempo, he walked in the door right behind us.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nia-face-abduction-charges.html#ixzz3EexQE0x7

Is that his real hair or does he have extensions? The ends look kinda fake/different.

Well, there aren't many in Virginia in 2008. Gracie Maccord is about the only one, but we think she's been found.

I wonder if he was doing too many taxi runs to BWI/Reagan/and Dulles and making new friends up that direction. Perhaps that's around the time he made connections in DC/MD/PA/NY. Perhaps we should check those states for missing women in 2008.

I just looked at Jessie's MySpace page. I found a photo there that shows him with what appears to be a cigar that is being lit by someone else who is holding two sparklers. In the background, there is a military person dressed in dress blues. I'm wondering if this might have been a military function Jessie had attended, however, Jesse is dressed casually.

https://myspace.com/279281669/mixes/classic-my-photos-496678/photo/224905941

Well that kind of depends on which school of psychological thought you were to look into. Behaviorist like Skinner, were very very much of the belief its nearly all nurture, and there is a strong lean toward it in psychoanalysis as well. Developmentalists however like Piaget and Erikson were more of the belief that we were strongly influenced by nature...they both described stages of development that lean this way. Though Erikkson also recognized with quite a bit of strength the influence nature had. Essentially saying each person goes through the same stages but can have one of two outcomes during that stage depending on the environmental factors at play...such as "trust vs mistrust" in infancy.

As our technology and thus medical knowledge has progressed, there has been a much stronger involvement of neuroscience within the field of psychology. Neuroscience is really fascinating...because it can show us how a neuro atypical brain responds to things...hugely valuable in terms of how we can develop better teaching methods to suit a neuro atypical brain....rather then essentially be trying to teach in a learning style that may be virtually impossible (neurobiologically) for their brain to learn. Obviously that's overly simplified.

The question of specific genes, is far too complex to get into here...but it is not always quite as simple as a single gene being affected...sometimes they see patterns in gene groups, or there is a partial part of a gene missing but not the whole gene. Also there can be more then one genetic deviations...in each set of parents...that can leads to a third and unpredictable gene mutation.

I think we will see that further research in genetics and neuroscience will enhance the scope with which we can see the influences of nature...but I do not think it will lesson the discussion btw which is stronger.

I do however believe that greater comprehension of how the brain itself is functioning in certain conditions, will enhance our ability for early and more effective intervention.

Genes are altered by the environement as well.

Very powerful one is how radiation alters genes. But many other things do as well.

Genetics are a potential.

If JM parents split when he was in high school, then he was around long enough to have had a large influence! If he (the father) has had an arrest for indecent exposure then it MIGHT have a genetic component although JM went much farther than this! Add this to being a poor example to LJ in other ways he could have sent him off in the wrong direction! At least contributed to his mindset, although this in itself could not have been the sole cause!

If you look at the studies of alcoholic families , it is the dysfunction. Many issues.

We live in an ago of disfunction, broken families, alcoholism, drug use and even prevalent use of SSRI'S ( which are thought to cause violence in many)! I wonder what percentage of children coming out of families with these problems grow up to be SK's and rapists!

I guess this is where the 'orchids' come in! The kids who are extremely sensitive to the problems caused by these conditions!

We do not know what dysfunctions were in his family.

For instance, some families have a lot of cheating.

Some have huge loss of income.

Some have violence.

Some have sex abuse.

We simply do not know

BBM

I didn't see a link for your quote so I searched for one. 3 October 2014: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5cc1...9/uva-kidnap-suspect-gentle-giant-or-predator

On the other hand, there is this information:

Debra Carr, 57, divorced Matthew’s father in 2001, when Matthew was attending Liberty University, according to court records. Neighbors of the family who resided along Ponderosa Trail when Matthew attended Monticello High School said Carr was determined to keep Matthew away from negative influences.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_23f7717e-5bef-11e4-ab44-001a4bcf6878.html

So, :dunno:

BBM

I didn't see a link for your quote so I searched for one. 3 October 2014: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5cc1...9/uva-kidnap-suspect-gentle-giant-or-predator

On the other hand, there is this information:

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_23f7717e-5bef-11e4-ab44-001a4bcf6878.html

So, :dunno:

In Virginia, there is a waiting period from the time you file a separation before you can get a divorce for most reasons, especially if there are children involved. His sister is younger than he, so she would have still been a minor living at home.
http://www.valegalaid.org/files/E09...982-45A6-8C41-F6ACF09F0420/divorce-simple.pdf

It's also danged expensive to get divorced! So some of the time that passed might have been due to financial reasons.

I will get flamed for this but here goes. Hannah was wearing a 'shiny crop top' in a preppy town! Much speculation about her possibly knowing JM and meeting him to buy drugs! Poor JM came from a broken home with possibly one less than stellar parent! Welcome to the real world! Coddle the perp and once again blame the victim!!

I will get flamed for this but here goes. Hannah was wearing a 'shiny crop top' in a preppy town! Much speculation about her possibly knowing JM and meeting him to buy drugs! Poor JM came from a broken home with possibly one less than stellar parent! Welcome to the real world! Coddle the perp and once again blame the victim!!

There are plenty of preppy people in charlottesville, but PLENTY that aren't as well, its not so infiltrated with preps, that Hannah's look would have stood out. Especially not on a college student who was out partying at 1am. Had she worn that to a CC club, i could see your point. But in this situation, I don't think it would have made her look out of place.

I'm certainly not blaming the victim. And I haven't seen anyone else posting here that has done so in these recent conversations. If pure speculation as to if drugs were involved is blaming the victim then I've totally missed something. Many people in this real world do drugs and not one of them asks for or deserves to die. And if drugs were involved then JM is clearly being included in that hypotheses- even speculated as a dealer- and that's not being coddled.

Additionally, the psychological underpinnings of JM's life being discussed here have delved much much deeper than him having "one less than stellar parent". Take a look at the professional/non-professional psychology thread if you haven't already http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sional-and-Non-Professional-Opinions-Theories

No flaming involved. Your post naturally begged a response which I think was anticipated. My 2 cents. And I think they are valuable. MOO....

There are plenty of preppy people in charlottesville, but PLENTY that aren't as well, its not so infiltrated with preps, that Hannah's look would have stood out. Especially not on a college student who was out partying at 1am. Had she worn that to a CC club, i could see your point. But in this situation, I don't think it would have made her look out of place.
Hope you realize that that is not my opinion of Hannah by any means! It has been alluded to in other posts! I think this world in general seems to blame victims! In cases of domestic violence the abuser is often let go by a judge only to murder his partner! OT I realize!
Other threads mentioned her crop top several times and MY take on this was a subtle put down on this poor girl and frankly infuriated me!

FarmVille! That's interesting..... Look at this case

Aug 29/(Thur)/2002: FarmVille, VA - 20-year old La-Teasha LaMone Brooks - (farmville has Longwood University, its 1 hr south of Cville, 1 hr east of lynchburg) (JM would have been starting his junior year at Liberty in Lynchburg. 2014 Liberty U school calendar has classes starting Aug 19, its likely he would have been at school in lynchburg in late August, so very close, I'd say this one has a strong potential of being JM)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back