Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone follow the Susan Polk case?

She also killed (stabbed) her husband and claimed self-defense. She was convicted and had a much better/more believable history of abuse. Her conviction was upheld and appeal denied.

Sickofher. Sick. Of. Her.

She made some really sketchy sexual choices, as has about 90% of the American population of our era, at some point in our lives. She clung desperately to a guy who didn't want to be what she wanted him to be, as has about 87% of the American population of our era. She felt like garbage afterward, which is an excellent indicator that she was very much in touch with reality, because she let herself be treated like garbage and - surprise surprise - was, in fact, treated like garbage (even taking into account that we're only hearing her lying liar's version of the story).

None of this was coerced. He didn't force her into anything. For cripes' sake, she traveled hundreds of miles to make these encounters happen. She showed up spontaneously because she knew that if she would have called first, he would have told her "don't bother."

"I felt compelled to do it because Daddy got angry with me when I snuck out of the house all night, and Mommy hit me with a wooden spoon." Boo Frikkin Hoo.

Back when I was going down the same path, I had wonderful friends with endless patience to listen to my sob stories (well, at least the first couple of times) and give me the unimpeachable advice "he is never going to give you what you want from him, move on." Why didn't Jodi's frien.... oh, right. She has no friends. Cultivating friendships would have cut in to her precious stalking time.

I do not understand what kind of judge this is that allows this admitted murderer to hijack her courtroom. "Goes to state of mind" or whatnot, we have enough to understand her state of mind. There's more than enough, ten times over, for Martinez to rip her a new one. I don't understand why this farce is allowed to continue.

Sick of her.

Yes, yes and also yes!

Did anyone follow the Susan Polk case?

She also killed (stabbed) her husband and claimed self-defense. She was convicted and had a much better/more believable history of abuse. Her conviction was upheald and appeal denied.

Yep. She's cuckoo for coco puffs.

The prosecution probably already has a printed document of her testimony. I'd also think the defense has it too. At least in Florida, IIRC, the prosecution and defense have to share information before a witness testifies. If that's true of AZ then the defense should have it already.

True, but still alarming. Perhaps someone is fishing for info to discredit her.

At first, I thought it might be linked to some trash mag that want to print an exclusive but that would tie them to the crime.

Still, I do not believe in coinkidinks in crime - especially not a key witness in a death penalty case.

I just found this video about Jodi's "new man". So, now she has a new man and according to NG, a jailhouse girlfriend...she should really look up the definition of monogamous

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2147548069001

He's an odd duck. I do think Jodi has a way of casting spells on men with charm.

What I'd like to know, but will never find out because TA is dead, is why he continued to have relations with her after she started going psycho on him?

It's okay....it's not yet "official" eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept waiting for her to finish her romantic tale of them sitting together reading books in his big armchair in his bedroom (don't believe that either) but Nurmi never let her finish her Harlequin Romance about how they became exclusive.

Or "official". Or nothing.

I thought that myself. How is being called Pollyanna equate to being called a *advertiser censored*?

I had the same question because I thought Pollyanna would be a compliment but I found this in the Urban Dictionary.

Pollyannaish

Belittling and often insulting term for being absurdly optimistic and good-hearted, believing in a good world where everything works out for the best all tht time.

Ok so I am re-watching some of the trial today and according to the killer she stated Travis called her Pollyanna. Either I am really old or maybe I just clueless but how is that a mean comment???

That term is used by many to describe something that is irrational and foolish.

Pollyanna Principal refers to someone that has a positive bias about herself or things that are said about her -narcissism.

Pollyanna Principal refers to someone that has a positive bias about herself or things that are said about her.

I can see that. No one loves Jodi Arias more than she does. But, it still is not as bad as *advertiser censored*.

Ok so I am re-watching some of the trial today and according to the killer she stated Travis called her Pollyanna. Either I am really old or maybe I just clueless but how is that a mean comment???

Basically if he didn't call her Princess or Queen of All Creation Flawless In Any Way -- then he was abusing her.

I hope Juan lines up every single one of Travis' friends/loved ones and goes through JA's lies one by one. Who supposedly heard what and what really happened, as well as what JA was really like. I believe Juan is allowed to do this since so much is being brought up in direct. I would love for the jury to hear that JA is not the saint she's painting herself to be and that Travis was a typical, average, smart mouthed (and I mean that in a nice way - he seemed to be a witty, quick "class clown" type), confident (maybe cocky at times), genuinely nice and caring twenty-something. Not the monster she's portraying him to be. The jury needs to hear that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

I hope he cuts through the crap saying he's not going to bore the jurirs with crap that just doesn't matter and instead simply crushes a few whoppers.... Proceeds to point out her willingness and ease to lie to avoid responsibility and that her motive has never been greater. Then skip to the relevant part. Her laughable tale of self defense.

I thought that myself. How is being called Pollyanna equate to being called a *advertiser censored*?

It's kinda like "crawling around on four knees."

It means hopelessly optimistic but is sure doesn't go with the other comment he alledgedly made.

I hope he cuts through the crap saying he's not going to bore the jurirs with crap that just doesn't matter and instead simply crushes a few whoppers.... Proceeds to point out her willingness and ease to lie to avoid responsibility and that her motive has never been greater. Then skip to the relevant part. Her laughable tale of self defense.

That's what I'm hoping. I don't think she'll be able to stay calm. She's already had some anger and jealousy seep out when she was talking about the drunk girl. Imagine how she'll behave when someone is combative with her.

I tivo'ed the live stream yesterday and watched it last night with my husband. We were both dumbstruck by the lack of emotion displayed by Jodi's mother. This was during Jodi's account of practically being anally raped just after her baptism. The camera shot over to Jodi's mom, and nothing, zip, not a tear or anything. Even if Jodi was able to contain her emotions while described this supposed sodomizing event, no mother in the world could hear of such an event and remain emotionless.

My husband and I concluded that Jodi's mother's lack of emotion was a result of her knowing that Jodi was not sodomized by Travis immediately after being baptized by him.

No emotion by Jodi and mom = did not happen.

Pollyanna Principal refers to someone that has a positive bias about herself or things that are said about her -narcissism.

Thanks. I really had no clue. I learn new things all the time.

AHH I get it now. So if someone calls me a Pollyanna it gives me the right to stab them 27 times, slit their throat and put a bullet in their face.

The prosecution probably already has a printed document of her testimony. I'd also think the defense has it too. At least in Florida, IIRC, the prosecution and defense have to share information before a witness testifies. If that's true of AZ then the defense should have it already.

You can bet if anything from that laptop winds up on the internet the Feds will be all over that IP addy! I hope they recover it. I wonder if the defense has already gotten a copy of her report per Discovery rules?

Thanks. I really had no clue. I learn new things all the time.

AHH I get it now. So if someone calls me a Pollyanna it gives me the right to stab them 27 times, slit their throat and put a bullet in their face.
Has anyone, even Jodi Arias, said it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova