Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this before but I've been in and out today, so here it goes. Can Jodi invoke the fifth once Juan starts to cross examine her? Or can she use it for certain questions only?

JA cannot invoke the 5th. She has voluntarily taken the stand and waived her 5th Amendment rights.

I think he is going to be aggressive with her, and I think that is necessary and appropriate not to treat her like a victim. I think Juan will quickly bring the jury's focus back to the brutality of Travis' death, and he will demand answers from Jodi and challenge her every diversion, inconsistency, and manipulation. I think he will be very deliberate in showing that she will say anything at all to paint herself in a more flattering light -- which includes her dragging Travis' legacy through the mud, after brutally murdering him, to further her own purposes.

From your lips/fingers to God's ears:please:

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed but I just can't keep up with all the discussions.

The time that Jodi sobbed for hours in a toilet stall (at a hotel, or a restaurant, I don't recall) because, IIRC, Travis was paying attention to a drunk woman who latched on to him... How long had she and Travis known each other at that point?

I don't think playing dirty is part of the "obligation" to represent her. Nurmi got on board with this disgusting defense at some point, and it is despicable.

I'm disgusted but not surprised that Nurmi decided to go with the pedophile nonsense - after all, it is his professional area of expertise. I wonder if it feels strange to him to be the accuser instead of the defender this time. :puke:

I am also disgusted that the judge allowed it in, unless there was indisputable proof that this happened. I think she was influenced by the phone testimony of the DV expert (from what I could see of the minutes). That's another expert who IMO is being seduced by the almighty dollar. I wonder what her peers will think of her testimony. :what:

Oh man, I can definitely relate to this! My DH was soooo happy when the CA trial was over. Thought he finally had his wife back....NOT! The outrage over that verdict kept me blogging about CA months and months after the trial ended. When that finally settled down, this case came along. He thinks I am absolutely obsessed, and refuses to let me watch any HLN coverage (he HATES NG), so I have to stick to my lappie for this one.

Not sure you'd want to be my roomie as I live in the "Great White North" LOL (and it's FREAKING cold here), but would love to have you to discuss it with. DH and my two sons are sick to death of it. I get more eye rolls than Nurmi does. As soon as I open my mouth to talk about it they scatter to the four winds :floorlaugh:.

We have a spare bedroom that has tv and a queen size bed. It's used to store off season clothing. Every time I get engrossed in a trial.... I announce that Im cleaning and organizing that room and instead hide out with my dog. Hubby and son don't dare come in they're afraid I'd put them to work! Ha ha ha... The jokes on them! Ain't nothing getting done in there! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah...I wouldn't sweati it. IMO this jury seems to be on track. At least they seem to get it..meaning...exactly what the defense is and what the REAL story is. Fatal attraction.

Very dismissive. Yet this is exactly what happened in the Casey Anthony case.

At first when hearing how low Jodi was going to go I was devastated but the more I think about it ........it becomes a 'be careful what you ask for' situation now imo..

Jodi is such an obvious liar and not even a good liar like CA.

This may be just what it takes to put her dirty arse on death row.

imo

She's going to say that he was looking at pictures of little boys on his computer? Computer forensics should be able to tell if that is true, right?

ic5mpy.png

That Settlement Conference Memo infuriates me. :furious:

As I understand it, JA has ZERO compunction about dragging Travis and his legacy through (her made-up, fairytale) mud and causing interminable pain and grief to his friends and family...

... unless she gets man2 (if I recall) and parole after very few years.

Yet the memo is worded to lay the blame on the State... how disgusting.

Did you notice who wrote that, Linda?
Sorry to be harping on Nurmi, but without attorneys willing to cross the ethical line as he seems to be, this sort of testimony would not be allowed.
He threatened it in his plea, and is following through since the state would not "comply" to his "blackmail".
I'm sorry - it just infuriates me.

313j7a1.png

Glad she is so cognizant of the family's pain and regrets the falsehoods she told about Travis before trial, otherwise can you imagine how this trial would be. :puke:

i don't thin that is the same bobby and victor - some one here posted that the real bobby had been trying to shop a book deal for a few years and that - i am paraphrasing - she was a psycho stalking ex girlfriend - so imo i don't think they were part of her PPL crowd - even darryl wasn't

No, I didn't mean to suggest that they were the same. I was just posting who was in the photo.

We have a spare bedroom that has tv and a queen size bed. It's used to store off season clothing. Every time I get engrossed in a trial.... I announce that Im cleaning and organizing that room and instead hide out with my dog. Hubby and son don't dare come in they're afraid I'd put them to work! Ha ha ha... The jokes on them! Ain't nothing getting done in there! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so funny ....My honey thinks I am getting sick because after work I say I have a headache and go lay down in Br LOL ..he says Oh i hope your not getting sick stay away from me ....I love it ...Shhhh keep my secret!!

i don't thin that is the same bobby and victor - some one here posted that the real bobby had been trying to shop a book deal for a few years and that - i am paraphrasing - she was a psycho stalking ex girlfriend - so imo i don't think they were part of her PPL crowd - even darryl wasn't

How strange that she said one of the guys names was Victor Arias.

Travis' middle name and her last name. Seems like my old high school days when we would write on our notebooks.:floorlaugh:

Hang on. If she says he had this stuff on his computer shouldn't it have been found by their expert? He said there was no *advertiser censored* on TA's computer.

How strange that she said one of the guys names was Victor Arias.

Travis' middle name and her last name. Seems like my old high school days when we would write on our notebooks.:floorlaugh:

Reminds me of all the insane names at FCA trial...

playing dirty is their job.....they do whatever it takes to get their client off or at least lesser charges. A woman's life is literally on the line. He is going to do whatever to try to get her off. it isn't pretty....but they can do whatever they wish as long as it isn't illegal.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder how many defense attys out there admit to knowing or having a gut feeling that their client was guilty of something this heinous.

Hang on. If she says he had this stuff on his computer shouldn't it have been found by their expert? He said there was no *advertiser censored* on TA's computer.

hmmmm........ i bet this is where all the statements made by jodi that TA had a virus on his computer - the virus that the computer expert on the LE couldn't find :waitasec:

I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed but I just can't keep up with all the discussions.

The time that Jodi sobbed for hours in a toilet stall (at a hotel, or a restaurant, I don't recall) because, IIRC, Travis was paying attention to a drunk woman who latched on to him... How long had she and Travis known each other at that point?

5-6 months, I think.

I'm disgusted but not surprised that Nurmi decided to go with the pedophile nonsense - after all, it is his professional area of expertise. I wonder if it feels strange to him to be the accuser instead of the defender this time. :puke:

I am also disgusted that the judge allowed it in, unless there was indisputable proof that this happened. I think she was influenced by the phone testimony of the DV expert (from what I could see of the minutes). That's another expert who IMO is being seduced by the almighty dollar. I wonder what her peers will think of her testimony. :what:

Exactly........they are trying to make Travis into somone everybody hates and would be glad if they were dead.

So of course he had to be a pedo.:furious:

It should be against the law for DTs to do this without evidence to back it up. It seems now they are looking at Baez' bs and playing following the leader.

IMO

Tiger, where did you see the pics of the transcript from the closed hearing? TIA

I wonder how many defense attys out there admit to knowing or having a gut feeling that their client was guilty of something this heinous.

This is a little different but my DH is a corporate attorney who got called up for a pro-bono assignment where he had to represent a guy on a restraining order violation. He did not want to defend the guy and felt he clearly violated the order but had to put on a defense to the best of his abilities. :(

5-6 months, I think.

I think she said it was either March or May so that would only be a few months and SHE SAID they were a couple sometime in Feb..

In total they didnt even date but about 5 months.

I speculated the other day that Juan didn't bring in a lot of evidence that he could have because he was deliberately avoiding "opening the door" for the defense for this type of testimony.

Unfortunately, the defense has an expert who is telling the judge that all of this is relevant to her expert opinion, so the judge is allowing all of it.

Now that the defense is going "there", I think the prosecution will have a whole lot more evidence about what a stalker Jodi was and a lot of other information about her lies and manipulations. I am pretty confident Juan has it under control.

ITA

Doesn't it still all come down to the fact that it is just as cruel and illegal to slaughter someone as JA did - whether that person is a cad, a saint, a pedophile, a hypocrite, a meanie - even a murderer?

That JA was somehow forced to sneak hundreds of miles, well armed and lied to cops for years -out of fear of abuse - is *literally* incredible imv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03