jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when DB testified. ONLY time she turned around in chair to lock eyes with someone as they entered the courtroom. The entire time he was on stand she had puppy dog loving pleading look and locked eyes (tried to) entire time. ERGO......I'm with you. She knew that he could do her in...and she didn't know if PA was going to ask that question on the stand, and if DB would lie for her.

But that said, the defense, not us, knows if DB has done such through discovery right? Jeez, :please:, take this case to Florida so sunshine laws!

just like so many other times, she had to go back for something. it's a theme with her.
if she had something with her she forgot to give darryl and it was important enough to take back to him, you can bet she knows exactly what it was. but now she's forgotten what it was. i don't think so.
i'm with the poster who thinks she gave DB or his son that stolen DVD player and it was the remote she forgot to give him. that makes total sense to me.

I'm beginning to agree with you, and here's why: one of the times that JM asked JA where she was positioned when she was taking photos of TA in the shower, she replied something about using the zoom lens. Why even mention the zoom lens unless she used it? Curious, no? :waitasec:

Because she was trying to account for where she was standing with the camera.

Look at the photo of Travis' face with the water falling on it. He looks so exhausted and almost sad. I believe in that moment his entire relationship with JA passed before his eyes and he realized how far from off track his life had become with her in it. He looks helpless and hopeless and she loved every minute of it. There is a special place in hell for her. A place where her memory is perfect and she relives the horror of that day forever and ever and ever.

His face is what I determine to be expressionless, stunned. Much like mine was as i looked down the barrel of a gun pointed at me!

I was cracking up when he asked her about having her eyes closed. She said she couldn't remember if she had her eyes closed or just blinked hard! :lol: I thought, who does she think she is, Jeannie? :lol:

My daughter was extremely annoyed when I insisted on watching the trial while we went out to lunch with my boyfriend but she really couldn't believe it when she saw me laughing. How laughs at a murder trial? I know it was inappropriate but I couldn't help it at parts.

I agree that it is difficult to understand the motives behind all the actions occurring in June 2008.

If the intent was merely to murder TA, then JA had ample opportunity – ie when she arrived, while TA was in bed and naked, while he was shaving etc.
The conventional wisdom is JA wanted to ?clarify TA intentions and/or enjoy another tryst for old time’s sake. But a lot of these reasons are CONDITIONAL. This means the logic operated differently. If TA acted in way A or way B then JA would not have murdered. But TA acted in way C so JA decided to murder TA on the spot.

We know JA had a 25 caliber gun with her; she assiduously tried to avoid detection while traveling in Arizona. So we assume she had full intent to kill TA while in route from Pasadena to Mesa. And if so, the question again poses itself – “Why not off him soon after arrival OR immediately after getting some sleep?”

It does not make any sense for JA to travel to Mesa thinking “ I may or I may not murder TA. It all depends ( ie I convince him to change his mind and take me to Cancun)”

I still think the dominant explanation is an approximation of the truth. This account runs this way:

JA had full intent to murder TA. She had to sleep. She had to prepare for the murder which included insuring a quick get away ie dress , pack,?put the luggage back into the car, bring the weapons of murder to bear, and wait for the appropriate time to kill him.

While sleeping and indulging in sex JA was naked and unprepared to kill. After the sex, JA may have packed, dressed, and got the knife and gun ready in a way unobserved by TA. The photo session in the shower proved to be an ideal way of luring TA into a highly vulnerable position. It is “likely” that JA was vigilant for opportunity to murder at all times after awakening June 5 around 1:30PM

BBM - IMO, Arias had to wait until the roommates were gone and the coast was clear.

Trust me, it is hard. I was on jury only once, thank God, in a Murder 1 case in New Orleans. You really don't want to be there if you can help it.

So how did you separate it all out? And not let your emotion come in? Did you listen to your gut instinct as well? TIA for sharing.

I totally agree. I'd also wager my super secret stash of chocolate we'll never know the true extent of Jodi's manipulations either.

I sometimes wonder if her mother is eating this up. This is the first time jodi has had to answer questions in a controlled setting and her mother would probably like a crack at her too. just a thought.

Maybe that is why there is a picture of JA on the floor face up with a boot in the foreground. She wanted a picture with this format with Travis in for some reason. Shoe or foot in the foreground and body beyond. Must be an answer to this puzzle?

I am still shocked she accidently got a picture of herself dragging him bloody.
This scene must have been a mess and it's just unreal she kept stabbing that knife in, and so deep, some chunks taken out of the back of his head. So he is down and she keeps doing it. wow... 29 is a lot...

I don' think she does keep them straight.

I don't think she keeps them straight at all. I think that's why she broke down into a panic of tears yesterday. She was cornered and her stories were not tying together.

I think she originally *thought* she could keep them straight before taking the stand. I think all her life she has not remained around anyone long enough for them to realize she's full of s**t. She was a social nomad as a result. She conveniently found fault with them first before they could pin her down on her own BS. She deflected them off her trail with their own shortcomings - because she knows that she can only keep the BS straight on a short term basis.

I don't think she keeps them straight either. I'm just saying that has to be a 'script' somewhere. She adds SO much detail to her stories!!

when will he bring in the fake pedophilia letters...?

Dateline special tonight about JA & TA @ 7 pm CT. Not sure if it was already mentioned here yet...just wanted to share w/ my fellow WS-er's! :)

Murder For Dummies

Rule 1: Don't accidentally take pictures of the body you just mutilated (and especially not with your foot in the shot)

Or 'Murder for uneducated psychopaths'

For all the big words she uses (without even knowing their meaning half the time) and all the semantic games she played with JM she left a crime scene full of evidence. She changed her story three times so far. She can't even fake cry. She is incredibly stupid. She is so stupid that she believes her lame story is believable. Oh how I laughed when she had to demonstrate the linebacker position yesterday. She looked like the fool she is.

Add that to the list of qualities that make up this dumb monster. The cell she's living in now is too big for her in my opinion.

one other thing...i think I might be confused...is there any evidence anywhere that Travis knew she was coming?

when will he bring in the fake pedophilia letters...?
I"m not sure they were brought in as evidence ... but JM could certainly call MM to the stand and question him about the forgeries.

And she EVEN said which way he turned it. However, my memory is not as clear as JA and I don't remember if he turned it left or right.

SHOW US THE LINEBAKER POSE ~ but don't talk !! lol

Forensics show the bullet entered TA's right side of his forehead so guess what Jodi demonstrated? Yes he was hunched over, not looking at her, kind of looking down and off to the left. Jodi is trying to manuever Travis's body to fit.

I'm beginning to agree with you, and here's why: one of the times that JM asked JA where she was positioned when she was taking photos of TA in the shower, she replied something about using the zoom lens. Why even mention the zoom lens unless she used it? Curious, no? :waitasec:

I also got the impression when she was talking about the shower pictures and she kept going back to when he was shaving that she was trying to use that situation to explain the murder situation, if that makes sense. What I mean is that what she said really happened and she didn't lie, except she was talking about a different time, but no one has to know that.

For me that email and her voicemail are just dripping with manipulation. It's beyond just covering her tracks so to speak. She's painting a certain type of relationship I very much doubt they had.

Travis was well known to friends and family for his generosity. He'd open his home, fridge, and heart to anyone who needed help. So on a very superficial level Jodi's accounts would appear true. (Weaving her reality with THE reality to gain credibility.)

He did actually allow her to stay with him for a week while she was making plans to move back to Yreka if memory serves. So it would appear if one wasn't to look any closer that they were very close, very intimate friends and he trusted her entirely.

All of May Jodi was steadily losing control of Travis. I believe she'd moved back to California with the sole intent of making Travis realize how important she was to his life and when the opposite appeared to be happening - her incessant need for control upped the necessity to coerce and manipulate. She tried everything that month - from guilt inducing emails to recording their calls presumably to use against him. By the end of May she realizes he's beyond her control...

So after she murders him she is desperate to place herself in the position she feels entitled to. She manipulates email and voicemail messages, her accounts to Flores, sends the family the 18 page lie, Norma flowers, attends the memorial service, and goes on an online full assault mode to paint herself as much more important to Travis' life than she actually was...and therefore, because of her extreme loss and his extreme bond to her, she is the penultimate victim.

It not only feeds her sadistic pleasure and narcissistic ego...but how could anyone presume someone so close to Travis could brutalize him in such a manner?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member