jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just waffle on this one. I think from his sitting position, she is in the exact spot a person would be to get the shot in. Once the M.E. examined the contents of the brain, it was mostly liquid, so he cannot determine if the bullet passed through the brain, or really just grazed the inside skull (it is almost a graze wound of the face, it goes across the face (sinus), eye brow straight down the under left eye, but does pass through the skull) He said he feels it would have to pass through the brain even though he can't see that it touched the brain, because the brain takes up the full skull cavity and if the bullet went in, and it did, then it touched the front edge of that right front lobe area. So I don't know. I just want someone to help explain in that tight awkward shower stall area, how she got a sideways arm with enough thrust to incapacitate him and not have him just fend off the knife? UNLESS she got him in the neck/throat and he held his throat...I saw Mr Martinez demonstrate facing the same way as the court reporter, he can come up next to him (like Jodi crouched next to Travis) and back handed, thrust it in.

shower.jpg

Thanks for reminding me what the shower looked like.
Her story is she was showing pix to Travis, and they were deleting them together - this would make her VERY close to the shower. How did the camera bounce around that wall jutting out between the shower and tub?

IMO, it seems much more likely that she began her knife attack as Travis was beginning to exit the shower, in a standing position. Either he just stepped out, or he was grabbing a towel (or she handed him one), or he was starting to dry his hair off with a towel, and she made her first strike into his chest.

It seems like it would be very difficult for her to inflict an incapacitating blow while he was sitting down in such a tight space. And if she was stabbing him on his shoulders/head, he could still shove her out of the way.

If you assume it started while he was sitting down, then you also have to be able to figure out when would be another time he would be standing up and she could stab him directly in his chest after the initial attack started. I am doubtful he would allow his chest to be exposed with her in front of him at any time once she began stabbing him. After the first stabs, he would be fighting her off and curling his head and arms in to protect his face and chest area.

That is why I believe the attack started as he was standing to exit or in the process of exiting the shower.

anyone want to guess how long re-direct will take???

my hope: 1 day

my guess: 2 days

my worst nightmare: 3-4 days

In the back of my silly head I was hoping for just the morning session on re-direct. :floorlaugh:

Oooh, so she was using Juan's words.

Amazing, she didn't ask him for clarification of what he meant by "blow" to evade addressing that issue. She must have been too ashamed by what she'd done to stick to the "fog" of it all.

Thanks for clarifying :)

I should have given credit to the wonderful poster who transcribed it. I copied and pasted from the media thread. Now the poster's name is escaping me!

She was just repeating what Juan said to her. He referred to her first assault on Travis as a "blow".

I think Matt M was originally on the DT list for her, but Juan schooled him on perjury. I can't think of anyone besides the experts, and I hate to say that I don't believe they would actually lie, but I think they will misrepresent her battered woman syndrome.
Juan already worked quite a lot against their theories, and since Arias lied to them, they will definitely be at a disadvantage.

I asked in the legal thread if the experts were likely to change their opinion after viewing the trial and I was told it wasn't likely because no one would want to hire them in the future if they did.

That makes sense, but, in the case Juan prosecuted with the sleep walker that did happen. Evidence came out in the trial that changed his mind. I think that guy was from Canada though so probably not too worried about losing business in Arizona.

IMO, Jodi structured the abuse as escalating after the pedo pics and the fight the next day. Now that those are in question I can't see how her claims can have any credibility. The only thing she had over his head was the phone sex call which was a mutual thing.

Oh, it wasn't subconscious at all... have you read his texts from April and May of 2008? Less than a month before he was murdered by her, he had her pegged and I think it was a fatal mistake to let her know how accurate he was.

For example:
These are all FROM Travis TO JA
April 2008 (I think - if not, its close)
(illegible) you have that
information. its 15 minutes it
would take to gt the info.
But you won't take 15
minutes. Why because it is
an Fing lie. So either text
me you that you are ready
to tell the truth or give me
your imaginary friend with
the worst BS story you have
ever told or leave me alone.
Its a lie like no other. It is
freaking foolish. There is no
way out of it, you have
screwed up your story so
bad you can't mend it. You
are caught. When will you
realize that. I do not know.
You have til tomorrow. to
have me this persons
information before I tell all
of the hughes' leslie udy,
the freemans, your parents
and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy
things you have done. So
either fess up or feel the
wrath. No matter how bad
the truth is I promise you
the punishment will be
better than the lie. This is
worse than your magical
email that a mysterious man
you've never seen before
wrote for you. You insult me
by thinking ill believe such
crap. nothing else from you
til the truth. I already know
your lying so why continue.
After tomorrow, its gonna
get real bad for you. Time to
spit it out.
-----------------------------
These 3 are all part of one long text,
no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to
your dire conversation, that
I hope youread because
you need to read it. Maybe
it will spark human emotion
in you, something that only
seems to exist when it
comes to your own
problems. But everyone
else is just a part of your
sick agenda. By the way,
your pic comment to Danny
Jones makes you look like a
pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you.
You should be embarrassed
by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur
face. Sow ould everyone
else. I have never never in
my life been hurt so bad by
someone. But why do I
even say it because you
don't care. It doesn't serve
your evilness.
05/26/08 at 08:35:02am
You couldn't get off your
lazy butt to to read it could
you. That's the sociopath (I)
know so well. it freakin
figures
05/26/08 at 09:11:11am
I don't want your apology I
want you to understand
what I think of you. I want
you to understand how evil I
think you are. You are the
worst thing that ever
happened to me.

Headed out to attend a party, but I know I'm going to be thinking about these text messages that clearly show how distrustful Travis was of Jodi towards the end. I can't believe he let her into his bed when she arrived unexpectedly. I can't believe he was still duped by her by then. I don't believe they had sex either, and I feel she set up those pics. However, why would she leave that camera and set up those pics? Just saying, something is still not right about the events, and it's driving me to keep questioning if things didn't happen entirely different. It's maddening!

Nurse, this trial has really gotten to you. Nurmi in one day?????
No way. lol

If he takes much longer he is really taking a risk with that jury. If she lies one more time on the stand or gives one more confabulated explanation it could work against her. The longer he has her up there for re-direct I think the worse it will be for her

(should I pray that he has her up there for three days?? lol)

New here and here is my theory. First I’m a guy and shower every morning, and most of the time my eyes are closed. My thoughts are just after the photo at 5:29.20 TA knew that JA was present, invited or uninvited, and turned to finish his showers. JA puts down the camera and picks up the knife. TA turns and it happens, knife to the chest, two-three times. TA comes out of the shower, hands up (defense wounds) and makes his way to the sink. Now JA is stabbing him in the back. He still tries to get away and makes it to the bathroom door and falls to the ground. Next is the neck wound. JA is left handed and the throat is cut right to left. The head moves right to left leaving the right side of the head exposed. TA is making sounds and the last is the gunshot to the right side of the head above the right eye. It’s over, TA has died of his wounds.

I just waffle on this one. I think from his sitting position, she is in the exact spot a person would be to get the shot in. Once the M.E. examined the contents of the brain, it was mostly liquid, so he cannot determine if the bullet passed through the brain, or really just grazed the inside skull (it is almost a graze wound of the face, it goes across the face (sinus), eye brow straight down the under left eye, but does pass through the skull) He said he feels it would have to pass through the brain even though he can't see that it touched the brain, because the brain takes up the full skull cavity and if the bullet went in, and it did, then it touched the front edge of that right front lobe area. So I don't know. I just want someone to help explain in that tight awkward shower stall area, how she got a sideways arm with enough thrust to incapacitate him and not have him just fend off the knife? UNLESS she got him in the neck/throat and he held his throat...I saw Mr Martinez demonstrate facing the same way as the court reporter, he can come up next to him (like Jodi crouched next to Travis) and back handed, thrust it in.

shower.jpg

Actually IIRC, and just watched it again last night,mthe ME said that the bullet absolutely went through brain matter because it penetrated the skull. The bullet clearly entered the brain. The extent of damage it caused was not able to be determined due to decomp.

Does anyone agree with me that in that particular photo, JA looks totally freakish? Like some kind of freaky evil demon woman child or something, words cannot describe.

that and the topless braids pic

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone think there could be defense witnesses coming up that will lie for Jodi?

One of the TH on HLN said for a price they will say whatever the defense wants.

She didn't give one. Excerpt of her testimony :

M: Right so how is it ma'am that if you are shooting him and that's the first thing that happened, then how is it that the shell-casing, exhibit 111 then landed in blood?
N: Objection, calls for speculation
J: Overruled*
A: It didn't land in blood*
M: You see exhibit 111, right?
A: Yes*
M: That's the casing that was involved in this case isn't it?

M: This was the first, if you will, blow, correct?
A: Yes*
M: And this is how the casing landed, do you see it?
A: That's not how it landed from the blow*

I don't know how she could know or even care at the point where she was trying to get away from Travis. I would think she'd be more inclined to say she believed the shell went towards the tub or the shower as she saw it eject. jmo

originally posted by paperwing

Are you talking about the text's that you are looking for?

before he was murdered by her, he had her pegged and I think it was a fatal mistake to let her know how accurate he was.

For example:
These are all FROM Travis TO JA
April 2008 (I think - if not, its close)
(illegible) you have that
information. its 15 minutes it
would take to gt the info.
But you won't take 15
minutes. Why because it is
an Fing lie. So either text
me you that you are ready
to tell the truth or give me
your imaginary friend with
the worst BS story you have
ever told or leave me alone.
Its a lie like no other. It is
freaking foolish. There is no
way out of it, you have
screwed up your story so
bad you can't mend it. You
are caught. When will you
realize that. I do not know.
You have til tomorrow. to
have me this persons
information before I tell all
of the hughes' leslie udy,
the freemans, your parents
and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy
things you have done. So
either fess up or feel the
wrath. No matter how bad
the truth is I promise you
the punishment will be
better than the lie. This is
worse than your magical
email that a mysterious man
you've never seen before
wrote for you. You insult me
by thinking ill believe such
crap. nothing else from you
til the truth. I already know
your lying so why continue.
After tomorrow, its gonna
get real bad for you. Time to
spit it out.
-----------------------------
These 3 are all part of one long text,
no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to
your dire conversation, that
I hope youread because
you need to read it. Maybe
it will spark human emotion
in you, something that only
seems to exist when it
comes to your own
problems. But everyone
else is just a part of your
sick agenda. By the way,
your pic comment to Danny
Jones makes you look like a
pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you.
You should be embarrassed
by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur
face. Sow ould everyone
else. I have never never in
my life been hurt so bad by
someone. But why do I
even say it because you
don't care. It doesn't serve
your evilness.
05/26/08 at 08:35:02am
You couldn't get off your
lazy butt to to read it could
you. That's the sociopath (I)
know so well. it freakin
figures
05/26/08 at 09:11:11am
I don't want your apology I
want you to understand
what I think of you. I want
you to understand how evil I
think you are. You are the
worst thing that ever
happened to me.

Whoever's post this, I am sorry when I copied it it cut your name off. My apology

It totally amazes me that Travis had her pegged so well...the terminology he uses shows he knows full well what he's up against. Unfortunately, when people realize they're dealing with such a high-level crazy, they don't realize that they have such a dangerous side that can actually result in loss of life. My brother is dealing with such a crazy right now. I told him yesterday that if he doesn't back away, she will end up killing him. It's just a matter of time. When he won't answer his phone, she will literally sit there and hit redial, redial, redial. He counted 60 calls in one hour night before last. That's about 1 a minute...

Thanks for reminding me what the shower looked like.
Her story is she was showing pix to Travis, and they were deleting them together - this would make her VERY close to the shower. How did the camera bounce around that wall jutting out between the shower and tub?

Exactly! there is simply not much room and she would be up close to him, but dropping the camera? it would just go plop, they are heavy, they don't bounce or roll! She did not drop it, and if she did it was because she fumbled around with a camera a knife and a gun!

If he takes much longer he is really taking a risk with that jury. If she lies one more time on the stand or gives one more confabulated explanation it could work against her. The longer he has her up there for re-direct I think the worse it will be for her

(should I pray that he has her up there for three days?? lol)

not to quote my own self hahahaha..

but I also want to say that tomorrow we will see a MARKED demeanor change and she will talk as fast as an auctioneer with her little made up tales. She will not be combative like she was with Juan. The jury will see ALL of this.

He is taking a huge risk if he keeps the actress up on the stand for very long and/or lets her ramble because anything new she lies about can open up the doors to rebuttal.

she looked so much more feminine before her arrest and for a time after it. i wonder if she had been on birth control pills prior to arrest and it gradually wore off. i remember when she testified for the defense, she said some guy emailed her about ryan burns saying "i found your husband" she claims then she started emailing ryan and they responded back & forth, until she decided to meet up at his house. i wonder if this is true, that someone said "i found your husband" i can't remember who it was who was supposed to have done this. i wish it could be corraberated. from what i understand, no one cared to be around her, they considered her very strange and i don't think anyone would refer her to another mormon in that group. i think she is lying again, but it shows state of mind, she wanted marriage.

All these guys are just lucky that JA didn't end up knocked up by one of them...yes that's a crude reference, but that's the only one that fits when it comes to her.

IMO, it seems much more likely that she began her knife attack as Travis was beginning to exit the shower, in a standing position. Either he just stepped out, or he was grabbing a towel (or she handed him one), or he was starting to dry his hair off with a towel, and she made her first strike into his chest.

It seems like it would be very difficult for her to inflict an incapacitating blow while he was sitting down in such a tight space. And if she was stabbing him on his shoulders/head, he could still shove her out of the way.

If you assume it started while he was sitting down, then you also have to be able to figure out when would be another time he would be standing up and she could stab him directly in his chest after the initial attack started. I am doubtful he would allow his chest to be exposed with her in front of him at any time once she began stabbing him. After the first stabs, he would be fighting her off and curling his head and arms in to protect his face and chest area.

That is why I believe the attack started as he was standing to exit or in the process of exiting the shower.

The ONLY thing that makes the seated the shower scenerio possible for me is that Jodi is left handed. Otherwise, I think it would be difficult, but not impossible, to open the shower door and get the knife in his chest without him being able to better defend himself.

So If I am to believe that the photo (that I thought was blood coming down his shoulder is upside down).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member