jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably got that one totally wrong. I can see how she was referring to Travis in that now.

Can I plead PTSD from having to listen to Nurmi for too long? :truce:

Holy cow! After the day you (the courtviewers/jury) had in there...any misunderstanding is forgivable! I kept sending you prayers; I don't know HOW you sat there listening to that crap today. :hug:

Does anyone know why brother Carl has not been in the court room supporting Jodi? What's the scoop on him?

Yeah, what a fireball, not a cowardly bone in that man's body. I cannot wait to see him in action.

Really? Cause I know the court didn't love it. I personally have never, ever, heard counsel speak to the court that way. It was the topic of conversation at the courthouse today and no one thought it was cool. They all thought it was crazy and foolish. The story was told with wide-eyed "can you believe he said that" incredulity -- and not in a good way.

Do you think it would have went over better if they went over the murder first, so the jury knew there wasn't going to be a big payoff? Then the last thing they would be thinking about would have been some of the so called "Travis abuse", not "all that for NOTHING?????"

Honestly, I think it would have been better if she made up a good lie. An attorney would never counsel a client to do that, but, since she has already shown a talent for it, this would have been a good time to use that talent. For goodness sake, accuse him of being a pedophile and engaging in all of that sex, only to say NOTHING substantial on the day of. Waste of her talent...and this is where it mattered.

One thing to look for is garment lines. If someone has been through the temple, they will have garments on. The bottom garments go down to the knee (or about there) and the t-shirt portion (for lack of a better description) will be under their shirts. In men, sometimes, you can see the "U" of the front of the shirt through their shirt.

Also, some LDS adults wear a CTR ring - not required, just fashion. It stands for Choose the Right and has a little shield with the CTR part inside of it. Again, I don't wear one and lots of people don't but anyone wearing one is likely LDS.

Otherwise, I'd just ask. I don't think anyone would mind at all. They might try to send you some missionaries - grin! - but they wouldn't mind.

And, I want to join everyone else in thanking you for what you are doing. I loved your post about sending all our positive vibes to the family. I sure hope they know how much we all think of them.

Thank you for the tutorial! I've had an eye opening about LDS people. What a wide range of people I've met. I admire the "wholesomeness" this religion projects. Very down to earth nice people. I don't know why I feel so awkward. I was aware the first day we all went out I drank a cocktail AND coffee! Arrrrgh! I don't think anyone was judging me though.

I'm gonna now look for those rings. I did see one yesterday I'm sure! I'll check out FLores for one. lol

Any other locals totally pizzed at the local news about this case? Anywho...

The rope! I feel like nurmi buzzed past as if she went off script when she was talking about disposing of evidence and she added "and the rope". I thought the rope was just for sex, why did she feel the need to get rid of it? Hmmmm, did she tie him up?

Do you know if there's some sort of "code" or language that's used to determine if another person is LDS? I am meeting many LDS people at the trial and when I ask "are you LDS too?" because I have questions about things I always feel like I'm somehow asking it using the wrong language.

Is this just me feeling awkward or is there another way of asking that's more appropriate?

You could ask them what ward they attend and ask them if they have a calling.

Originally Posted by TexMex [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8898983#post8898983"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

I heard several attorneys/commentators say they thought today was basically a guilty plea to second degree murder. What do you think?

Or first degree. It sure isn't self defense

He!! No to second degree!

What you heard, TexMex, is interesting... and in some situations, that might be music to a prosecutor's ears.

But...

I think it could be booked that way if 1) the prosecutor would accept it -- with 2) the way she tells it, and 3) those who matter ignore the evidence, it could be 2nd -- BUT the evidence, which only tells one story (not 3) does not say 2nd degree at all. No way. This one was just too awful, absolutely merciless, and so unnecessary.

She killed him 3 times. Self defense would be: If you can't simply run away, then grab a lamp or a candlestick or some other metal or hard object, knock him in the head or kick him in the groin & run like he!!.

But she didn't do that. Even in her fake story, she ran to get a 1st Degree Murder weapon. Even if she had never intended to kill him, which she indeed did, that "running to" is premeditation. That metal pistol was as cold as she was.

It is 1st Degree Murder. LWOP or Death. Period.

All, JMHO.

And thanks for the interesting post, Tex. It's such a mixed bag what we hear on the telly, isn't it?!
icon7.gif

NO way the gun "just went off". This gun is highly unlikely to fire even if dropped.[/QUOTE]

Re: BBM

I totally agree. There is no way it is the way she described it. She claimed she was on the ground wrestling with him and it went off. Total BS.

I think she carefully aimed it at him. Most people dont realize how hard it is to be accurate with a hand gun that small. Especially if nervous. IMO she was real close to him and carefully aimed it at his head.

Given the difficulty in aiming a small gun especially with allegedly no experience, wouldn't that make even more sense with what the ME said on testimony? If the gun shot was last, after he was dead or nearly so and not moving, she could get in whatever position necessary and no longer would have a moving target. JMO!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

YES!!! WE are supposed to believe the gun "went off" and struck him above the eyebrow, in a right to left downward trajectory-- from an accidental discharge???!!!!

Seems to me her hands were VERY steady as she sighted her weapon at his head. Which I strongly believe was a stationary target by then.

Oh-- and someone upthread commented that stippling would not be evident from a close range (less than a foot) shot due to 5 days of decomposition. That is not accurate. Stippling is a permanent burn/ cauterization of the skin with embedded powder. It would definitely have been evident at only 5 days post mortem, when the skin was largely still intact. The degree of skin slippage would not obliterate stippling if it was there.

The bigger issue, as I see it, is there was very little "blood evidence" in the partially decomposed brain (soft and somewhat mushy by then). Even with 5 days decomp, a bunch of hemorrhage evidence should be there in the decomposed brain tissue if he was still alive with an adequate circulating volume and a beating heart when he was shot.

Well :offtobed: :countsheep:

I'll play witcha all tomorrow. :seeya:

Thank you for the tutorial! I've had an eye opening about LDS people. What a wide range of people I've met. I admire the "wholesomeness" this religion projects. Very down to earth nice people. I don't know why I feel so awkward. I was aware the first day we all went out I drank a cocktail AND coffee! Arrrrgh! I don't think anyone was judging me though.

I'm gonna now look for those rings. I did see one yesterday I'm sure! I'll check out FLores for one. lol

Like most things, when you are with a group that you don't yet understand, you worry about saying or doing the wrong thing. Don't worry about it at all. No one is there because they are LDS. They are there because they love Travis and, knowing what you do, they already adore you. Something like this transcends any potential differences and unites us all. And, if you have questions, just be assured that LDS people love it when others have questions about their faith. They take it as a compliment when it is sincere.

You are awesomeness!

Honestly, I think it would have been better if she made up a good lie. An attorney would never counsel a client to do that, but, since she has already shown a talent for it, this would have been a good time to use that talent. For goodness sake, accuse him of being a pedophile and engaging in all of that sex, only to say NOTHING substantial on the day of. Waste of her talent...and this is where it mattered.

EXACTLY >>.I am thinking man o man if you want to cry victim yell to the top of your lungs ...not well he only hit me once ??? Not sure if she is thinking well if I seem kinda truthful maybe they will believe me and think I am not lying ..that has really been in the back of my mind ..

The rope! I feel like nurmi buzzed past as if she went off script when she was talking about disposing of evidence and she added "and the rope". I thought the rope was just for sex, why did she feel the need to get rid of it? Hmmmm, did she tie him up?

New Times is now live blogging from the courtroom:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/02/jodi_arias_live_blog_goes_home.php

Originally Posted by TexMex
I heard several attorneys/commentators say they thought today was basically a guilty plea to second degree murder. What do you think?

He!! No to second degree!

What you heard, TexMex, is interesting... and in some situations, that might be music to a prosecutor's ears.

But...

I think it could be booked that way if 1) the prosecutor would accept it -- with 2) the way she tells it, and 3) those who matter ignore the evidence, it could be 2nd -- BUT the evidence, which only tells one story (not 3) does not say 2nd degree at all. No way. This one was just too awful, absolutely merciless, and so unnecessary.

She killed him 3 times. Self defense would be: If you can't simply run away, then grab a lamp or a candlestick or some other metal or hard object, knock him in the head or kick him in the groin & run like he!!.

But she didn't do that. Even in her fake story, she ran to get a 1st Degree Murder weapon. Even if she had never intended to kill him, which she indeed did, that "running to" is premeditation. That metal pistol was as cold as she was.

It is 1st Degree Murder. LWOP or Death. Period.

All, JMHO.

And thanks for the interesting post, Tex. It's such a mixed bag what we hear on the telly, isn't it?!
icon7.gif
No this is over and beyond the realm of second degree. There is just too much evidence of premeditation and the brutality that went with it. The prosecutor has it right with the given charges and I am sure she will get convicted of the first degree.

I've heard almost nothing about it on the local news, but I don't watch TV. Is that what you mean? Or are you seeing coverage that you disagree with? The most I've heard is drive time brief summaries -- like two sentences, and one slightly more involved discussion on morning radio ONE day.

Like most things, when you are with a group that you don't yet understand, you worry about saying or doing the wrong thing. Don't worry about it at all. No one is there because they are LDS. They are there because they love Travis and, knowing what you do, they already adore you. Something like this transcends any potential differences and unites us all. And, if you have questions, just be assured that LDS people love it when others have questions about their faith. They take it as a compliment when it is sincere.

You are awesomeness!

I'm enjoying all the new people I'm meeting...and the feeling of comraderie surrounding this family. It's very heartening. Special people to be sure.

Okay I watched the bit of video where Mr. Juan-derful does his snapping. He isn't telling the judge her job...he's basically saying it *to Nurmi* but is making it look like he's talking to the judge. "That's not how it works (this he's saying for/to Nurmi), then he looks at the judge, "I object and you rule!" (this he says not to instruct the judge but to make his point in front of Nurmi, who had kept going and not waiting). Go listen to it again. It's very subtle, but I saw what he was doing.

Okay I watched the bit of video where Mr. Juan-derful does his snapping. He isn't telling the judge her job...he's basically saying it *to Nurmi* but is making it look like he's talking to the judge. "That's not how it works (this he's saying for/to Nurmi), then he looks at the judge, "I object and you rule!" (this he says not to instruct the judge but to make his point in front of Nurmi, who had kept going and not waiting). Go listen to it again. It's very subtle, but I saw what he was doing.

That was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member