Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a PB album (not mine) that has many pictures after the scene was cleaned up, it's really good for reference points and you can see places we haven't yet seen photos of (like both sides of the linen closet door and where they dusted for prints).

http://s193.photobucket.com/user/di...?page=13&_suid=136413762806205823579460815862
Thank you for posting this. Really beautiful headstone pic with Travis' pic on the stone, had never seen that, either. Thanks again. :)

This was part of the TA shower series on Chathouse News: Had never seen this particular one on any other sites. (bottom photo) - Is he holding soap in his hand there?

It comes after this one, which I had seen on many sites:

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

We do know that he was in that shower for 8 minutes at least. from 5:22pm to 5:30pm. Eight minutes and no soap suds. Maybe it wasn't a real shower, like I said.

Yea, I meant prior to the first one of him in the shower.

I don't disagree that it was staged. Just saying that there are other reasons for no suds.

This was part of the TA shower series on Chathouse News: Had never seen this particular one on any other sites. (bottom photo) - Is he holding soap in his hand there?

It comes after this one, which I had seen on many sites:

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

I don't think it's soap but I'll take a closer look, I've seen it before in sequence mock-ups but hadn't saved the pic. I was just looking through trial Day 6 on Youtube (tawnidilly's upload) and near the end all the nudie photos are captured (starting about 1:34:43 on the video) as JM displays them on the viewer and many of them have the time stamps in different locations on the pictures, the one where she is laid out left to right with braids the stamp is over to the right, but in the pic of Travis lying in bed it's centered. I'm wondering if we're not seeing everything the camera captured in many of the pics.

I don't think it's soap but I'll take a closer look, I've seen it before in sequence mock-ups but hadn't saved the pic. I was just looking through trial Day 6 on Youtube (tawnidilly's upload) and near the end all the nudie photos are captured (starting about 1:34:43 on the video) as JM displays them on the viewer and many of them have the time stamps in different locations on the pictures, the one where she is laid out left to right with braids the stamp is over to the right, but in the pic of Travis lying in bed it's centered. I'm wondering if we're not seeing everything the camera captured in many of the pics.
Thanks - and yes, that is a very good question!

First he body slams her, with the intent to kill her. Then after she is slammed to the tile floor, she is able to just 'roll away' without being stopped by this angry wrestler who is trying to murder her. And then she runs down the hall and into the closet, but he doesn't ever catch up with her. Even though he is a ' ' ball of fury' that wants to slaughter her, he cannot manage to catch up to her, in a tiny cramped bathroom hallway.

If he was truly trying to kill her, why didnt he go to the closet and grab the gun in the first place?

:floorlaugh: Yes, the story of the "slooowwwww mottttionnnnnn" chase is a bit hard to swallow. I can't imagine a jury taking that seriously. I mean, she did everything but iron shirts in that closet and order out for pizza before she came back with "his gun."

I hadn't really thought about what position TA was in when she slashed his throat. It was a deep gash, all the way through the trachea and to the spine (but not thru the spine). That would take some force. I have to wonder if he was face down, still hands and knees maybe? She would have much more force for a deep cut if it was from behind, rather than approach from the front. In the foot picture it is apparent by all the blood that his neck had already been slit. Did it happen like he was positioned on his back as in the photo, or did she roll him over at this point to start dragging him to the shower?

I hadn't really thought about what position TA was in when she slashed his throat. It was a deep gash, all the way through the trachea and to the spine (but not thru the spine). That would take some force. I have to wonder if he was face down, still hands and knees maybe? She would have much more force for a deep cut if it was from behind, rather than approach from the front. In the foot picture it is apparent by all the blood that his neck had already been slit. Did it happen like he was positioned on his back as in the photo, or did she roll him over at this point to start dragging him to the shower?

If you look on the ME's diagram, with the location of the back and back of neck wounds, it's entirely possible for the blood on his neck/shoulder to be from those (and the bullet wound if sustained already).

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Can you see his ear in that photo right above her shoe or am I losing my mind? What if what we think is the back of his head is really her other foot. And, that wide swash that looks like blood is actually his neck and we are not looking at blood but at the wound itself?

If you look on the ME's diagram, with the location of the back and back of neck wounds, it's entirely possible for the blood on his neck/shoulder to be from those (and the bullet wound if sustained already).

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4
I just get the impression that it is blood from his slit throat d/t the amount. I just wonder what position he was in when she did it. Hands and knees trying to crawl down the hallway or was he on his back? My theory is that she stabbed him over and over in the back as he crawled and she finally reached under his neck from behind him and slashed his throat and he falls to his stomach. The pic with the foot is as she rolled him onto his back so she can begin to drag him. Just a theory.

Can you see his ear in that photo right above her shoe or am I losing my mind? What if what we think is the back of his head is really her other foot. And, that wide swash that looks like blood is actually his neck and we are not looking at blood but at the wound itself?
It does look like you can see his right ear.

This will seem irrelevant to many, but I must have some very severe form of "diagram dyslexia" because for the longest time, I thought the police must be making up that there was a pic of Jodi's foot and Travis all bloody----I saw NONE of it and just saw a big mess.

But since you guys posted the blow up, I was FINALLY able to see what that pic is of. Thank you.

arias+case.jpg
It almost looks like her heel is off the ground, and her toes are splayed for balance and it is her little toe rather than her big toe. If she is pulling his arm up from behind, I can see how she may have her heel off the ground and the front of her foot dug in for counter balance and more strength.

But, then he tells us she used a knife first and fails to explain why she didn't use the gun.

IMO

I guess we are confused, or at least I am confused, because I don't know what part of the law dictates that a prosecutor has to explain why a murderer chooses the weapon they use.

I guess we are confused, or at least I am confused, because I don't know what part of the law dictates that a prosecutor has to explain why a murderer chooses the weapon they use.

They don't. That really goes to motive, and they don't have to prove that either. I'm not saying it isn't helpful, just not required. :cow:

Yes, it does look like that marbling in the crime scene photo is the same marbling shown in the first bleeding photo.

The location of JA's foot, whether right or left, is off just a little bit in the sketch on the crime scene photo because the bleeding photo shows her foot is on the other side of the grout between the tiles.

To me, it still makes the most sense that the big foot in the foreground is JA's left foot. Her right foot would be in the other side of the camera. If the camera is on the ground, it would be her right foot kicking it to activate the camera button. Or, under my theory, that positioning of her feet shows how JA could still be holding the camera in her right hand.

Any chance you could create a sketch depicting the feet the way I have imagined?

It should be possible to identify the brand of jeans JA was wearing and determine whether the stripe is on the inside or outside of the leg. If the stripe is on the inside, then that's JA's left foot.

Thanks for the great insight as usual, Dave!
Working on it now! :)

Btw, do you know how I get the images to be full size, rather than an attachment?

Dave

Yeah, and keep looking. Can you see his nose?

His right ear is at the very top of the picture. His arm and top of his head meet and a gap of light in the shape of a triangle is between them. At the top of that triangle is his right ear. The big black circle is the top/back of his head (hair).

Got me there. Nope, I see no nose. Just the back of his head and right ear.

Well, pretend what you are calling the back of his head [the dark hair] is not his head but her other dark shoe.

Then look between the two shoes.

In this case, he would not be holding his head up. It would be flat on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member