Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why not? maybe she had already taken the camera (part of a robbery? she sure never meant to leave it in the washer...)

Why would she need to be holding the camera to shoot him? I know she's ambidextrous, but it seems like a waste to have a camera in her hand as she is holding the gun to shoot him. If she is pretending to be a burglar.

So the thought is that she brought the knife with her, but her intent was always to use the gun? I think she decided what she wanted to use based upon whatever was going on at the time she finally got to kill him. `

You may be right; considering everything that transpired two weeks before this I think she was so determined to punish him that she planned to shoot as well as stab him - if she decided to begin the attack while he was still in the shower then she would have started with the gun (as the shower door and wall are to her left and a narrow wall is to her right, not a lot of room to manuver) and then stab him in the heart while he isn't able to defend himself. If she meant to begin it as he got out of the shower and catching him by surprise then she might well have chosen the knife first.

But since I still believe I see flying blood in the sitting shower pic, I think she started with the gun.

Thanks SMK..

Not sure about this.. Was Travis' computer/laptop in his office? or Where was his cell phone located?
Is that when JA may have seen something from the puter or cell when downstairs Then wham JA got angry and went for a kitchen knife?

Honestly? I don't believe JA planned the trip to kill Travis initially; BUT became a thought in her demented stalker mind After he made it clear she was just a roll in the hay; bare with me here..
1) JA wanted Travis back! like all the rest of her exes that she kept using
2) Travis wouldn't answer her calls; JA must go there to get him back
3) Ryan was the ruse/excuse to get out of town
4) JA needed her exes (or men she could manipulate) help financially to complete this trip; hence all the weird deposits and credit card/cash usage and out of the way places she went
5) JA had no idea if Travis told his friends he dumped her, therefore, she must Sneak >> rent the car, get gas cans, turn off phone etc so No one would know she was sneaking back into AZ

Plz don't slap me yet for this unpopular opinion, there is a reason..

Another poster mentioned JA stealing from the grandparents to sell stuff for this trip; Maybe JA thought the gun wouldn't be noticed from the theft and she could sell it? hence travel out of her way thru this entire trip? just hinky about the gun since she was not familiar enough to kill Travis with it, one bullet shot too? dunno but could confuse a juror no? OR slap me am ready!

How would his friends be able to track her gas purchases? She wasn't trying to hide her paper trail from regular old folk.

Wonderful recreations! I have two points though, one, the light seems to be hitting her pant leg coming from overhead and from the left, and the hallway ceiling light is in about the middle, so it seems if her leg is aimed towards the bathroom, what light is hitting her pant leg and creating shadows?
Thanks! It is hard to leave this stuff alone... :help:

I would guess it is reflected/scattered light from the major light sources (bathroom, recessed ceiling light). The bathroom light looks excessively bright, indicating perhaps a slower shutter speed or over-lightening during recovery of photo by forensics. One wonders if there was much bedroom light. It was late in the day, and the curtains may have been drawn closed during their sexcapades and not re-opened.

Exactly! I am an amateur photographer. All professional grade cameras have this feature. You press it halfway, it focuses, and all the way, it take a picture. If you press it all in one motion, it'll take a second to focus then another to release the shutter. I think this setting was on. This is why it is totally conceivable to me that this is her right foot. She probably walked over it and hit the button. By the time she put her foot down, it snapped the photo.

Sounds reasonable. This has probably been covered before and I missed it, but is the button located on that model of camera such that it could easily be activated by a bump?

Dave

Thanks SMK..

Not sure about this.. Was Travis' computer/laptop in his office? or Where was his cell phone located?
Is that when JA may have seen something from the puter or cell when downstairs Then wham JA got angry and went for a kitchen knife?

Honestly? I don't believe JA planned the trip to kill Travis initially; BUT became a thought in her demented stalker mind After he made it clear she was just a roll in the hay; bare with me here..
1) JA wanted Travis back! like all the rest of her exes that she kept using
2) Travis wouldn't answer her calls; JA must go there to get him back
3) Ryan was the ruse/excuse to get out of town
4) JA needed her exes (or men she could manipulate) help financially to complete this trip; hence all the weird deposits and credit card/cash usage and out of the way places she went
5) JA had no idea if Travis told his friends he dumped her, therefore, she must Sneak >> rent the car, get gas cans, turn off phone etc so No one would know she was sneaking back into AZ

Plz don't slap me yet for this unpopular opinion, there is a reason..

Another poster mentioned JA stealing from the grandparents to sell stuff for this trip; Maybe JA thought the gun wouldn't be noticed from the theft and she could sell it? hence travel out of her way thru this entire trip? just hinky about the gun since she was not familiar enough to kill Travis with it, one bullet shot too? dunno but could confuse a juror no? OR slap me am ready!

But if she hadn't planned to kill him, why all the super secret planning to prevent anyone from knowing she was in Arizona. She never used her atm or credit cards in Arizona, only in Calif, Nv and Utah. She turned off her phone in Arixzona, but not in the other states. She took off her front tag and turned her back one upsdie down. She filled up gas cans in CA and used them to drive thru Arizona so she never had to stop at a station while in Arizona.

And you might notice that these precautions were designed for the cops, not for Ryan or Travis's friends. They would never know if she bought gas in Arizona or used her credit cards. NO, these precautions for secrecy were designed for an alibi and to prevent Law Enforcement from placing her in the state of Arizona.

Why would she do that if she hadnt planned on killing Travis?

I think the farthest the knife was away from her was in her purse in the bedroom or closet, she seemed to have been developing a habit of stabbing tires so I don't think it's unlikely she carried a knife with her on occasion.

I completely agree. In fact, I'm of the opinion (obviously impossible to prove at this point) that she has more than a little fascination with knives. I think it works well with her predilection for magical thinking (as evidenced by her sophomoric description of her fixation with "The Secret"), her past association with a young man claiming to be a vampire, and her fascination with Wicca (no offense to Wiccans out there). It would not surprise me one bit to find that she had a very nice ceremonial knife or dagger with which she believed she could wield all manner of wonderful power. She may very well have used that to kill Travis, as we know the knife used was not found at the scene.

Knives are very personal. It is an intimate and brutal way to assault someone, and a risky self-defense tool because it requires such close contact with your attacker. The fact that they were found in the rental car (whether she would like to claim that she simply needed them for self-defense or not) is, in my view, very telling.

She didn't slash those tires with a kitchen knife. I'm not saying you couldn't, but it would not be easy to get one out of a tire once you put it in. I vote for a hunting knife at a minimum. :cow:

All good points; Yes, when young people are broke, they do look for things to sell , in my youth i had a BF who was always selling off stuff when broke...... let me take time to digest all of it..:waitasec:....nothing in this case is set in stone, except that she did kill him.......

I think his laptop and cell were in his office...in my theory, she was planning to take these to indicate home robbery, but when the knife thing went haywire, she lost her plan.....

Your (1) : I think Travis was the only man she wasn't really using: I think she worshipped him and just really did want to marry him.
(5) not sure what you mean? She didn't want his friends to know she was coming? But how would they know anyway? Please clarify. ;) thanks

Addendum: So in your theory, she was trying to win him back, and the murder occurred spur of the moment when he rejected her??? hmmmmmmmmmm

Do we know for sure that Travis even knew she was coming prior to her arriving in the early am? Or that she even spent the night? Were there pictures from the previous day taken at his place?

Why would she need to be holding the camera to shoot him? I know she's ambidextrous, but it seems like a waste to have a camera in her hand as she is holding the gun to shoot him. If she is pretending to be a burglar.
Maybe once she realized he was in the shower, she wanted a few naked trophy pics before the deed went down?

I am not sure he was actually posing or aware he was being snapped. I know people have said, "no steam, no suds, posing his arms" but :

1. It was Arizona in June, and anyway some health conscious people like Travis think cool showers are better for you
2. My husband used to put his arms on the shower wall like that , unaware that I was watching as I brushed my teeth---not necessarily posed
3. Maybe he used a shower gel that didn't really suds up

and i believe she intended to steal that camera: "Travis will not be needing it anymore." ;)

You may be right; considering everything that transpired two weeks before this I think she was so determined to punish him that she planned to shoot as well as stab him - if she decided to begin the attack while he was still in the shower then she would have started with the gun (as the shower door and wall are to her left and a narrow wall is to her right, not a lot of room to manuver) and then stab him in the heart while he isn't able to defend himself. If she meant to begin it as he got out of the shower and catching him by surprise then she might well have chosen the knife first.

But since I still believe I see flying blood in the sitting shower pic, I think she started with the gun.

Flying blood? First I've heard of that.

Do we know for sure that Travis even knew she was coming prior to her arriving in the early am? Or that she even spent the night? Were there pictures from the previous day taken at his place?
Good question: Weren't there back and forth calls between them just prior to her trip?

I had assumed they discussed his visit - but mayhap not.....the plot thickens....:waitasec:

I completely agree. In fact, I'm of the opinion (obviously impossible to prove at this point) that she has more than a little fascination with knives. I think it works well with her predilection for magical thinking (as evidenced by her sophomoric description of her fixation with "The Secret"), her past association with a young man claiming to be a vampire, and her fascination with Wicca (no offense to Wiccans out there). It would not surprise me one bit to find that she had a very nice ceremonial knife or dagger with which she believed she could wield all manner of wonderful power. She may very well have used that to kill Travis, as we know the knife used was not found at the scene.

Knives are very personal. It is an intimate and brutal way to assault someone, and a risky self-defense tool because it requires such close contact with your attacker. The fact that they were found in the rental car (whether she would like to claim that she simply needed them for self-defense or not) is, in my view, very telling.

She didn't slash those tires with a kitchen knife. I'm not saying you couldn't, but it would not be easy to get one out of a tire once you put it in. I vote for a hunting knife at a minimum. :cow:
Interesting grist for the mill.....had not viewed it from that perspective, but now that you mention it......:yourock: (and her knife love would not necessarily mean she originally intended to use it for the murder- it may have been handy and sort of "welled up" naturally from her psyche to use it)

Sounds reasonable. This has probably been covered before and I missed it, but is the button located on that model of camera such that it could easily be activated by a bump?

Dave

Juan and a detective demonstrated in court that when the camera is upside down, the button is touching the surface of the ground or table. Any light bump could take a picture. The pic was upside down meaning the camera was upside down. A light bump could trigger the shutter release.

Damn - you read my mind!!

lol

I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that JA floats through life as if she is living in a scripted movie. She frequently uses flowery, descriptive language. Her desire to use big words is to convince people that she's intelligent, but she also uses language to "paint a picture" that most people don't do. For instance, if someone says they heard a knife fall to the floor, that's how they say it. "I heard the knife fall to the floor." They don't say that they "heard the knife clang against the tiles." or however she worded it. It's movie/tv script language.

That blood in the shower thing is haunting - it really does look like blood in some of the pics.....Really odd......

Good question: Weren't there back and forth calls between them just prior to her trip?

I had assumed they discussed his visit - but mayhap not.....the plot thickens....:waitasec:

Yea. No telling what they actually discussed. I can see her trying to convince him to let her visit. I can see him saying no. I can see her showing up anyway and manipulating her way in - it's the middle of the night, long drive, etc. But, yea, another thing we'll never know.

Yea. No telling what they actually discussed. I can see her trying to convince him to let her visit. I can see him saying no. I can see her showing up anyway and manipulating her way in - it's the middle of the night, long drive, etc. But, yea, another thing we'll never know.

I feel like she may have manipulated her way in somehow. There is that $200 check that she was so concerned about, wondering if he cashed it. I wonder if she said she was on the road and would be passing through Mesa and would drop it off to him. Once she got there, I can see her wanting to talk out their issues and have a heart to heart before she moves on with Ryan. She may have asked for one last tryst for old time's sake. Travis relented because he wanted to get rid of her. At some point he starts cleaning, like he was trying to give her a hint.

There is also a chance he had no idea she was coming and Jodi conned her inside that way.

MOO!

Why does she care about clean up? She has a gun. She can shoot him from a distance.

We think she did use the gun and it jammed.

We were talking last night, if she could remove the body--no crime scene at all.

Other than that, she spent a lot of time there. You can see her palm print and her blood mixed with his blood is what did her in.

Using the knife first was never going to be a perfect crime.

Other than that, does she really want to chase him around the house with a gun? In the shower, he's trapped.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members