Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess is she didn't take anything that belonged to Travis with her, and that included the camera and memory stick. She'll commit first degree murder but won't stoop to theft, maybe it makes her a better class of criminal in her mind.

That would make an argument for her taking the gun with her, wouldn't it. If it were Travis' gun why take it when she left the camera behind? Just toss it in the washer or the shower as she did with everything else. Where's the holster????? She never claims to have taken the holster. jmo

If you look at where the time stamps are on all of the pictures (sometimes it's centered, sometimes on the right) it seems like there is more to some of these pics than we've seen because you'd think it would always be in the same location on every picture, and esp. the very last one, with how pixelated the floor and wall is it seems like it was a much larger pic cropped and enlarged. I actually hope so, I really want to see everything in those pics.

One other thing, Flores said in his report that it was obvious the bleeding shoulder pic was taken at the north end (near bedroom) of the hallway, not sure if Melendez was sure because he could see more in the pic or he was also locating it by the tile markings but he seems to have them in the same place Dave does in his reconstruction.

About her foot, you have to remember that foot was the one that bumped the camera and took the shot, the camera doesn't snap the pic until 2 seconds after the button is depressed (it auto-focuses first), the foot is in motion so it may not look like either a right or left, and her foot is on or over a patch of blood, also making her toes seems neither right or left (not to mention the socks being saturated with a viscous liquid).

I can't reduce the glare on the right enough to make anything out, but I still think what looks like a foot pointed at the wall is a pool of blood in the shape of a foot, and not actually his foot. It would have to be over his head and that be the shadow of it but I can't see a way of her getting that foot into that position overhead without breaking a bone. And with the smear of blood right next to it, it's just blood pooling from his wounds as she's doing whatever it is she's doing in that picture.

Hi geevee

Honestly more than anything else, the pictures on June04 interest me the most. As stated the May26 text said it all. He was in the penalty box with his church and MIMI was going as a friend. He may have future problems with Mormon women if they knew his state within the church. He should have known you can't slash tires with a stick of gum. She was out of control. Let's see what rebuttal says about the photos if anything. Big mistake letting her in not because of what happened but he was giving her more ammo for future surprises. He risked it all, especially with his church, to do these things the june04 photos show.

Flores seems to be telling her there are more accidental photos. Maybe we'll see them. It's possible the camera was on auto shoot. I don't know how many more photos they truly have.

The foot picture has background shapes and I think the vanity, hand mirror (although large) towel and blinds can be seen. She sees TA's bathroom and the picture seems to be similar with post 2400 picture. You have to be able to zoom and drag the picture around to see these things. (foot pic I posted - b/w) Copy that photo to your pc and try it. Do you see any of these things? Do they line up with post 2400?

That would make an argument for her taking the gun with her, wouldn't it. If it were Travis' gun why take it when she left the camera behind? Just toss it in the washer or the shower as she did with everything else. Where's the holster????? She never claims to have taken the holster. jmo

You're right, it's a good argument for why the gun wasn't found. lol I have no idea why she mentioned a holster, maybe she thought if it wasn't in evidence it might prove he had one because she took it and was no longer at the scene (JA logic for sure).

You're right, it's a good argument for why the gun wasn't found. lol I have no idea why she mentioned a holster, maybe she thought if it wasn't in evidence it might prove he had one because she took it and was no longer at the scene (JA logic for sure).
this whole case is just sad and to think we will never know how it happened is so frustrating. If they were broken up i wish he had never let her in the house.

Hi geevee

Honestly more than anything else, the pictures on June04 interest me the most. As stated the May26 text said it all. He was in the penalty box with his church and MIMI was going as a friend. He may have future problems with Mormon women if they knew his state within the church. He should have known you can't slash tires with a stick of gum. She was out of control. Let's see what rebuttal says about the photos if anything. Big mistake letting her in not because of what happened but he was giving her more ammo for future surprises. He risked it all, especially with his church, to do these things the june04 photos show.

Flores seems to be telling her there are more accidental photos. Maybe we'll see them. It's possible the camera was on auto shoot. I don't know how many more photos they truly have.

The foot picture has background shapes and I think the vanity, hand mirror (although large) towel and blinds can be seen. She sees TA's bathroom and the picture seems to be similar with post 2400 picture. You have to be able to zoom and drag the picture around to see these things. (foot pic I posted - b/w) Copy that photo to your pc and try it. Do you see any of these things? Do they line up with post 2400?

I can't see anything on the right of the pic after the foot/blood, just glare. Even when I make a negative of it I don't see any definable shapes, but I do think it's possible that's the shower mat (diagonal line on the right), her big toe may have moved underneasth it as well, but frankly I think the camera is too close to them to be able to capture anything behind them.

this whole case is just sad and to think we will never know how it happened is so frustrating. If they were broken up i wish he had never let her in the house.

I don't think he let her in, I think he was sleeping and she snuck in, after that text 9 days before I don't think he wanted to see her ever again. He confessed to the church, was on the road to spiritual/moral rehabilitation and wanted to settle down with a wife and family, I don't think there was anything she could have said to him that day to get him in bed.

As a 'hopeful photographer', you'd think she'd have known deleted pictures could be retrieved, but she doesn't even take out the memory stick, why not? She had time enough to check his voice mails and computer e-mails after clean up, why leave the stick in the camera?

I think the fact that she deleted the photos means she did not plan on taking the camera with her, because why take the time to do that if you're going to bring it? I think she left it because she simply didn't know deleted photos could be retrieved. Being a photographer doesn't mean you know that, the same way people who use a computer don't automatically know it. And it's not like she was a professional photographer anyway.

She also found out who the lead detective was and called him the night Travis was found, and continued to call him, like she was putting herself right in front of him and saying 'Look at me!' from the first night. Maybe she's just starring her own warped version of 'The Jodi Show' but I think she's been trying to get caught all along, I can't explain her behavior any other way.

I think it was because of two things. She was prying to see how much he knew about it and it was because of her belief that's what an innocent person would do and a guilty person would hide out.

Jodi did seem to add things under cross with JM. I think she was trying to second guess his next question and she wanted to head him off when that really was not going to be his next question. So she was stuck with it hanging out there in the air. jmo

I can't reduce the glare on the right enough to make anything out, but I still think what looks like a foot pointed at the wall is a pool of blood in the shape of a foot, and not actually his foot. It would have to be over his head and that be the shadow of it but I can't see a way of her getting that foot into that position overhead without breaking a bone. And with the smear of blood right next to it, it's just blood pooling from his wounds as she's doing whatever it is she's doing in that picture.

I used to have a problem with that too, but it is his foot. Somebody did a reenactment picture of a body in that position. See the attachment below and look at where the foot is and how small it is. It's looks the same in the accidental photo.

Attachments

• dragging pic foot comparison to reenactment.jpg
    dragging pic foot comparison to reenactment.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18

Nah, he was just bluffing her to get her to talk.

I don't think he let her in, I think he was sleeping and she snuck in, after that text 9 days before I don't think he wanted to see her ever again. He confessed to the church, was on the road to spiritual/moral rehabilitation and wanted to settle down with a wife and family, I don't think there was anything she could have said to him that day to get him in bed.

They were on the phone all the time still, he didn't cut her off. That's been their pattern, fight and make up with sex, whether by phone or cyber or in person.

I can't see anything on the right of the pic after the foot/blood, just glare. Even when I make a negative of it I don't see any definable shapes, but I do think it's possible that's the shower mat (diagonal line on the right), her big toe may have moved underneasth it as well, but frankly I think the camera is too close to them to be able to capture anything behind them.

geevee

Back in post 2455 right click and save img818 to your pc somewhere. Once that's done you can zoom in and move the picture around holding mouse key down. Hope this helps

what i dont understand, why didnt she take the camera with her. isnt that the only way they would have been able to tie her to the crime? well actually there was the bloody print too
I think it went into the washer by mistake with all she was hurriedly throwing in there - she was half way home when she realized she didn't have it.

They were on the phone all the time still, he didn't cut her off. That's been their pattern, fight and make up with sex, whether by phone or cyber or in person.
If so, then he was very reckless and foolhardy at this juncture. He should have told her he informed the church and cut her off. Period.

I used to have a problem with that too, but it is his foot. Somebody did a reenactment picture of a body in that position. See the attachment below and look at where the foot is and how small it is. It's looks the same in the accidental photo.

In the recreation you see the floor first and then her foot, in our pic you see the foot and then the floor.

geevee

Back in post 2455 right click and save img818 to your pc somewhere. Once that's done you can zoom in and move the picture around holding mouse key down. Hope this helps

Hi BW,

I have all of the pics saved and I use Irfanview to be able to enlarge, reduce colors, make negatives, etc. I still can't get the glare on the left reduced enough to make anything out, when I view it with edge detection I can see the 'foot' doesn't look much like a foot anymore, I'll upload both of the last two pics in edge detection so you can see what I'm seeing. I'll link when done.

It was established in court that it was Travis' foot. It's in there amongst the hours of testimony somewhere. jmo

If so, then he was very reckless and foolhardy at this juncture. He should have told her he informed the church and cut her off. Period.

I agree. The tire slashing at least should have been the last straw. We can't ask him now why he kept going back, but he had some issue that compelled him.

but dont those pictures show a time stamp that they were taking naked pictures

In the recreation you see the floor first and then her foot, in our pic you see the foot and then the floor.

Yes, the reenactment camera is a bit closer to her foot and/or at a more upward angle. Still, the foot of the supine body is comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member